Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Prepapre Eto'o £28m Bid
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
bigmacmtl
Milan Vice-President Adriano Galliani will reportedly make Barcelona a £28m offer for Samuel Eto’o next week.

The Rossoneri are looking for a new striker and have admitted that the Cameroon international is a primary transfer objective.

Stories in Italy on Tuesday claim that Galliani will fly to Spain on June 18, once the Liga campaign has ended, where he will make a formal bid for the African – who will also be offered a £4m-a-year contract.

However, the Nou Camp outfit will not let Eto’o go until they find a replacement and Thierry Henry is the first name on the club’s wish list.

A report in France Football had claimed that a deal with the Arsenal man had already been discussed, but that allegation has been denied by his agent Jerome Anderson.

“I can categorically state that I never had a meeting with anyone representing Barcelona. The whole thing is garbage,” Anderson, who has threatened legal action, said to The Sun.

“There is not one element of truth in the story and they will be hearing from my lawyers. Nobody checked these claims with anyone involved in the story – it is scandalous.”

Meanwhile, boss Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Eto’o would be welcomed with open arms at the San Siro.

“If there is a chance to sign him then Milan will definitely be involved in talks,” the tactician said. “But for now he longs to Barcelona!”
bigmacmtl
nice to hear the news but will 28m be enough? i think so, i herd they wanted around 40m euros.
kurtsimonw
£28m = €41.5

Assuming that's how much they want, it should be enough. If the news is true I highly doubt an offer for R10 is in future plans.. Unless this deal was not go go through.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2007, 02:51 PM)
£28m = €41.5

yeah thats it, i figured it was around the same. 41.5 million is enough to get torres. i dunno i prefer torres but i guess milan doesnt, besides the fact that i think he wants to stay in madrid.
kurtsimonw
Torres' loyalty will only go so far, they've had a poor end to the season and unless they win at the weekend and other results go their way, they won't be in Europe next season. If that happens to be the case, I'm not sure he'll stay.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2007, 01:56 PM)
Torres' loyalty will only go so far, they've had a poor end to the season and unless they win at the weekend and other results go their way, they won't be in Europe next season. If that happens to be the case, I'm not sure he'll stay.

Yep, I know I wouldn't. A player of his caliber needs top flight football.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2007, 08:56 PM)

If Torres leaves Atletico he'll go to Premiership.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 12 2007, 03:29 PM)
If Torres leaves Atletico he'll go to Premiership.

chances are liverpool, man u maybe (not this summer tho, they cant afford to spend that much), no word on chelsea but i could see them popping out of nowhere and getting him (they could use a striker like him).
misha
Eto’o snubs Milan interest

Samuel Eto’o has told Milan to forget about signing him. “I have already declared that I want to stay at Barcelona,” he noted.

The Rossoneri are keen on netting the Cameroon international, as confirmed by Coach Carlo Ancelotti on Tuesday, and it’s believed the Italian giants will make an official £28m offer on Monday.

However, the attacking sensation insists he wants to continue his adventure with the Nou Camp outfit.

“I am the only one who decides my future,” said Eto’o. “I really don’t know how else to say this.

“Barcelona cannot send me away if I have a contract. If the club wants to keep me and I want to stay, I don’t think there is anything else to talk about.”

Whispers claim that Barcelona are ready to sacrifice Eto’o in order to accommodate Thierry Henry, but the African has other ideas about the Arsenal man.

“It would be great if he came here, but I will not believe it until the news is official,” he added. “We would form a great pair upfront!”

The player’s agent Jose Maria Mesalles had also recently insisted that his client wasn’t looking for a Barcelona exit, although his future had yet to be decided.

“Samuel wants to stay at Barcelona, but there is nothing certain,” he underlined. “We are waiting for some offers and when we receive them we will inform the club.”

Meanwhile, Chelsea striker Didier Drogba is being paired with Milan and Inter after admitting that he is tempted to experience football in Italy and Spain.

“I am a long way from saying farewell to Chelsea, but you never know what can happen,” he stated on Tuesday
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.