AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
agenth
http://sports.alice.it/it/cmc/calcio/200724/cmc_110496.html

*dancesaround*
*Victorydance*

ykippie

unsure.gif mad.gif sad.gif

LOL, seriously?

he's been training with us a year and has a contract signed until 2008?
nmcg
he played with us from 1997-2003 56 games 1 goal
arivanjj
hmm?
dst
!!! What??
Portman
He's 34. So... Milan-age. biggrin.gif

Get him! laugh.gif
mkenya
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 12 2007, 10:57 AM)
He's 34. So... Milan-age.  biggrin.gif

Get him! laugh.gif

I hope this is not true, we already have enough old players!!!!!! 34??
han2503
This is is serious!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif We ACTUALLY signed Ba??

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't really know what to say
Jack Sparrow
Oh wow...ohmy.gif We actually signed a winger???!!! Well after Favalli I'm not making fun of 34 year olds anymore. Nice to see you guys got the balls.
Rossoneri7
Ibrahim Ba ??!!!! Seriously, what the f@ck Galliani !! This isn't a joke .. Galliani needs a CAT scan.
kurtsimonw
Maybe he thought it was April 1st?

That's the only reason I can think of, this is ridiculous. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 12 2007, 08:15 PM)
Maybe he thought it was April 1st?

That's the only reason I can think of, this is ridiculous.  rolleyes.gif

Maybe they signed him on April 1st as a joke for Silvio biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
wow i can on and actually thought this was a joke... if this is true... he better be a reserve reserve reserve player, like he better not play more than 7 minutes all season. imagine this was the signing carlo quoted as saying "the world would end". well he's right world is doing to end for galliani, after i beat him with a baseball bat.
bigmacmtl
BTW this guy is so **** he played in the swedish league and sucked, he was benched for most of the season. a serie B team wouldnt even consider signing this guy.
Jack Sparrow
tongue.gif

I got two words for u...Giuseppe Favalli

All hail me...champion of the oppressed...first Gila then Favalli, then Simic, soon I shall add Oli to my clientele.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 12 2007, 12:33 PM)
tongue.gif

I got two words for u...Giuseppe Favalli

All hail me...champion of the oppressed...first Gila then Favalli, then Simic, soon I shall add Oli to my clientele.

if ur implying this is favalli type transfer? ba has started declining since world cup 98 and failed and left us 4 years ago, why the **** would want this dip **** back?!?! favalli was and is a solid player and had i nothing against his signing but this right here a disgrace!!
Jack Sparrow
Hmm....so Ronaldo was declining too after the WC wasn't he? He was fat, he was past it. And Favalli's a 34 year old who's done really well...

So to quote Porty 1+1=2, Ba is gonna be decent for us this season. tongue.gif

Ha...seriously speaking I think he's just Milan's charity deed of the season. His fav club is always been Milan, and he's a good boy so Milan like him back. Let him play out his career here. Maybe come on a few minutes for a Coppa Italia match against Rimini or something.
misha
Calm Down. The team needed a towel boy and french pal for Gourcuff smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
Phew thanks misha. Wasn't sure u'd have my back after the R10 issue...nice ta have ya back pardner...
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 12 2007, 01:12 PM)
Calm Down. The team needed a towel boy and french pal for Gourcuff smile.gif

naa he should be the bathroom attendant tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
That's mean...what's Galliani supposed to be doing then?
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 12 2007, 09:16 PM)
Phew thanks misha. Wasn't sure u'd have my back after the R10 issue...nice ta have ya back pardner...

I don't mind him coming, I just want Eto'o more. One of the big 3 will be great in that order:

1.Eto'o
2.R10
3.Henry
Fillipo Simone
Welcome back Ibrahim!! devil.gif tongue.gif
Zed.D
God... please... what the FVCK is wrong with Galliani... Ibrahim Ba!!!??? Please somebody tell me WHY?!...

We won't sign sh1t this season (Oh... I forgot...we actually did by singing BA!) let alone R10 and Eto'o and Henry.... have my word.
Jack Sparrow
^^^

I get the feeling he is tensed.. sleep.gif

dst? Got some of yo happy jokes?
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 13 2007, 07:58 PM)
We won't sign sh1t this season (Oh... I forgot...we actually did by singing BA!) let alone R10 and Eto'o and Henry.... have my word.

Don't you think it's a little bit early to panic?
Tennie
Has anyone actually seen an official announcement re: Ibrahim Ba? I haven't.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 13 2007, 08:10 PM)
dst? Got some of yo happy jokes?

rolleyes.gif

Don't worry darling, our friend will be alright! wink.gif

There are reports in the Italian media that Ibrahim Ba is set for a return to Milan next season on a one-year contract after undergoing ankle surgery.

“I am very happy,” said Ba, also known as Ibou. “I always got on well at Milan, remain close to everyone there and have worked hard in these months hoping to have another chance.”

The 34-year-old even travelled to Athens as a fan to see his former teammates lift the Champions League trophy.

“I would be so pleased to come back, but it has to be good for everyone and not cause any problems for the Coach. I hope he will want me in the squad.”

This is from channel4. I don't know why, but I don't want him back... not for his footballing abilities but for his personality... unsure.gif
Jack Sparrow
I'll overlook the rather obvious innuendo....was it Porty who said it? 'Thank You drive on!'

Oh...and what's wrong with his personality...not a nice chap like our Favalli?
redbabies
we have just signed Ibrahim BA? laugh.gif

ow my God! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

the last 3 years he has played for Çaykur Rizespor, Djurgårdens IF, and Varese rolleyes.gif and now with 34yo he comes to us (to European Champions).

What can I say? Great job from him tongue.gif
redbabies
I dont know why everyone keep comparing him to Favalli!

Don't forget that Favalli played for Inter a season before, while Ba played for Varese Serie C2/A tongue.gif (Well you can consider Inter better than Varese laugh.gif)
KillerMax
QUOTE (redbabies @ Jun 13 2007, 12:45 PM)
I dont know why everyone keep comparing him to Favalli!

Don't forget that Favalli played for Inter a season before, while Ba played for Varese Serie C2/A tongue.gif (Well you can consider Inter better than Varese laugh.gif)

Favalli played his best year in Lazio were he was a very solid defender.
kurtsimonw
I read this on Ba's Wikipedia page:
Ibrahim Ba, along with Stelios Giannakopoulos, holds the record for the most difference in number of letters between names during a substitution when Giannakopoulos replaced Ba during a match playing for Bolton Wanderers. Ba holding 2 surname letters with Giannakopoulos holding 14 even though he has 'Stelios' printed on his shirt.

People actually figure these kinds of records out, do you think he's going to frame the shirt he wore on that day? rolleyes.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 13 2007, 08:44 PM)
Don't you think it's a little bit early to panic?

Nope! biggrin.gif
I have no idea what's going on in that bald head of Galliani... Does he even have any transfer plans?! He said we won't sign many player, two or three would be enough. Ok the first seems to be Ba. the second... probably Emerson. The third... no idea.
I'm very angry we let the chance of signing Suazo slip to Mr Assh@le (Moratti).
misha
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ Jun 14 2007, 12:58 AM)
Nope!  biggrin.gif
I have no idea what's going on in that bald head of Galliani... Does he even have any transfer plans?! He said we won't sign many player, two or three would be enough. Ok the first seems to be Ba. the second... probably Emerson. The third... no idea.
I'm very angry we let the chance of signing Suazo slip to Mr Assh@le (Moratti).

First of all don't trust Galliani. He's a pathological lier wink.gif

Ba only coming (if he's coming) as a back up to the back up and maybe, if he's lucky, will play in coppa games. And of course he's not considered as one of the few good player we should sign.

It's still way too early. Even the La Liga hasn't finished yet. Be patient, at least one world class player would come.
redbabies
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 13 2007, 11:12 PM)
It's still way too early. Even the La Liga hasn't finished yet. Be patient, at least one world class player would come.

Would come?

A world-class players MUST COME devil.gif
jbryant1
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. What other fossils can we pick up in this transfer market.

Regardless of our European championship which was carried by Kaka through the whole thing, for a large club we have had some of the worst transfers in the business. Amoroso, Oliveira, Gilardino, Favalli, and who could forget our golden flop Vieri.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ Jun 14 2007, 06:18 AM)
Yeah this is pretty ridiculous. What other fossils can we pick up in this transfer market.

Regardless of our European championship which was carried by Kaka through the whole thing, for a large club we have had some of the worst transfers in the business. Amoroso, Oliveira, Gilardino, Favalli, and who could forget our golden flop Vieri.

This is what I don't understand rolleyes.gif

Galliani and Co. have been buying and selling players for 20+ years .. More than some of our life time (and for Mishie, a 3/4 of his lifetime tongue.gif ) .. Yet, no one seems to get the true philosophy of Milan ...

If anyone is looking for the attractive transfer deals and and youth players signing for a fee of 20+ million sterling .. You should be cheering for Chelsea or Madrid.

... Milan's philosophy is a family like atmosphere, plus, it isn't easy to replace or find replacments for Milan players. Cuz the players of Milan would give an arm and a leg for the team .. If a replacment is found, he would have to be of a high quality (p.s. Vieri (I bet was to piss Moratti off tongue.gif ), left within 5 months of his signing for us wink.gif )
jbryant1
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 13 2007, 07:26 PM)
This is what I don't understand rolleyes.gif

Galliani and Co. have been buying and selling players for 20+ years .. More than some of our life time (and for Mishie, a 3/4 of his lifetime tongue.gif ) .. Yet, no one seems to get the true philosophy of Milan ...

If anyone is looking for the attractive transfer deals and and youth players signing for a fee of 20+ million sterling .. You should be cheering for Chelsea or Madrid.

... Milan's philosophy is a family like atmosphere, plus, it isn't easy to replace or find replacments for Milan players. Cuz the players of Milan would give an arm and a leg for the team .. If a replacment is found, he would have to be of a high quality (p.s. Vieri (I bet was to piss Moratti off tongue.gif ), left within 5 months of his signing for us wink.gif )

Who cares the past doesn't prove the future. Alot of CEOs and top people fall off because they loose steam. You can throw that Milan family argument at me all you want , it deviates from the point that Amoroso, Vieri, Oliveira and others have been total flops while loosing Schevchenko and have costed us points. Most of our players do nothing and get glory for it. We are currently carried by Kaka, if we didn't have him we would have exited the CL in the first stage.

We signed Gilardino for millions of euros and have made other large transactions like that. There are also reports that we might bid big that for these big names your hearing about so its not true about just Madrid or Chelsea, its with all clubs. The question is whether you can sign these players in the first place which Milan has showed not to do.
kurtsimonw
R9 is practically a new signing, the end of our season was almost a pre-season tour, he had nothing to play for. He wasn't able to play in the Cl so he just played in the league.
4827saviola611
Gallani may think that old players-probably older than 30 years may bring experienced to our squad. We won the champions league this year with two Inzaghi great goal.He is 33 years old. Just see Maldini, Costacurta, Tassotti, Leonardo, Baresi all have great success here(all are greater than 30 when playing with Milan)

Experienced> talent >young players
Rossoneri7
First off, cool down .. tongue.gif smile.gif

Secondly, you have to make a distiction that Milan under Silvio Berlusconi is on a level by itself. Winning 5 CL trophies under Silvio Berlusconi's presidency, is a feature you don't find in any club .. Go look it up in Wiki or whatever search u wish to look into, in simple plain english, noone has managed a club like Silvio is managing

It is true, many have question and claimed that Galliani and co need to leave. They are too old .. There should be reform within Milan. rolleyes.gif ... *Siamo noi siamo noi i campioni dell'europa*

Eto'o, Henry, Zlatan, Shevchenko, Drogba, Christiano Ronaldo, and throw in any BIG name u wish ... They would all come to Milan, IF they had a chance cool.gif

U fail to see that Milan has more quality than anyother team .. When we played United SAF said it, when we played Pool Rafa said it ..

Kaka carried us ? Yes, and he is a Milan player wink.gif But so did the other 10 that were on the field with him king.gif

Milan had a problem last summer and I think it is quit obvious why the managment didn't buy last summer .. Then the discussion about why Milan has been bringing in 30+ Favalli and Vieri type players .. Milan has a very strong team ! It has been maintaining the same team since 03. a team that reached 3 CL finals, a team that goes neck-to-neck with Juve in Serie A. If you have a team that can do this and dominate, what reason is there to change ?!

I believe Galliani is an expert .. Questioning his ability?? Go right ahead rolleyes.gif Just don't forget, Milan has ALWAYS come out on top cool.gif Now is the time to relieve some of the veteran players from their roles and bring in some fresh legs .. Yes I totally agree with this .. I believe that only the best come to play for Milan. Therefor I am not worried, but proud of what our players do on the pitch king.gif

p.s. Don't expect that Milan will be like Chelsea or Madrid .. It never will, cuz Milan wont step a level down wink.gif ..
kurtsimonw
I think it's pretty funny that we're all complaining about the transfer market already. It hasn't even official opened yet!

I don't think we are as 'hands on' as Real or Chelsea, if they show interest in someone, they'll go out to get them. We don't and that's my only criticism, we need to get things done.

But I haven't won 5 European Cups, yet, so I don't have the right to criticse. I'm sure we'll do what's best. You have to remember we won the European Cup off a season where we could only really sign players in the difficult January period, and that shows a great job done by the board.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 14 2007, 07:10 AM)
I think it's pretty funny that we're all complaining about the transfer market already. It hasn't even official opened yet!

I don't think we are as 'hands on' as Real or Chelsea, if they show interest in someone, they'll go out to get them. We don't and that's my only criticism, we need to get things done.

But I haven't won 5 European Cups, yet, so I don't have the right to criticse. I'm sure we'll do what's best. You have to remember we won the European Cup off a season where we could only really sign players in the difficult January period, and that shows a great job done by the board.

U r right .. the transfer window hasn't opened yet, the Spanish Liga hasn't even ended rolleyes.gif

The 'hands on' theory rolleyes.gif ... There is just one example I can give u, Kaka. Chelsea, Madrid, (u name the top club, they were after him) .. He came to Milan at the end wink.gif

Fact is, Milan don't sign a player unless they feel they lack in this area or that area .. Milan is very good at that. The coach doesn't need many players, he has shown that he can do with the players at hand .. Cuz the team, already is a very competitive team cool.gif Don't be fooled by the media .. The Suazo signing ?? Look at it this way Inter won the League - Milan won the Champions League .. Inter sign Suazo - Milan sign .. wink.gif

Milan will sign, at best 3 top players .. Not more. That is their philosophy, it has been that way for some time now. If u criticize it, u r missing the point tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.