Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan And Juve In Tiago Battle?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
vnata001
Milan And Juve In Tiago Battle? Juventus and Milan could be ready to fight it out for Lyon midfielder Tiago, according to reports in Italy.
Milan And Juve In Tiago Battle?

The Portuguese international has previously suggested that his future may not lie with the French champions.

Juve are looking to strengthen their squad after being promoted to Serie A and have reportedly approached Lyon over the player.

However, there are now claims that Milan have stepped up their interest in the last few days as they look to bring down the average age of their squad.

Lyon president Jean Michel Aulas is an expert in obtaining big transfer fees for his stars and is adamant Tiago won’t go cheap.

He apparently wants at least 18 million euros for the player who he signed from Chelsea nearly two years ago

goal.com

http://goal.com/en-US/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=325167

...2nd time ive heard us linked to him..
Portman

He's really slow but with good tecnique. But I think he's goin' Juve. He already said likes of "Juventus is one of the best clubs in the world, I wish I could go there..." bla bla bla.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 11 2007, 02:16 PM)
He's really slow but with good tecnique. But I think he's goin' Juve. He already said likes of "Juventus is one of the best clubs in the world, I wish I could go there..." bla bla bla.

In Juve he's a starter, in Milan he's a bench player.
misha
Milan and Juve target Tiago

Juventus and Milan are ready to battle for Lyon midfielder Tiago, who looks set to leave France this summer.

The Portuguese star recently admitted that his time with the French champions might be near its end, with both Italian sides a possible destination.

Lyon chief Jean-Michel Aulas has set a £12m price tag on Tiago’s head and has already received an offer from Juventus, according to the French Press.

The newspaper A Bola reports that Milan are keen on signing the player as well, as they look for young blood for their midfield department.

Aulas does not seem willing to lower his demands for Tiago, who refused a contract extension before the Christmas break.

Tiago, who helped his club win a record sixth straight League title, started his career with Sporting Braga before joining Benfica in 2002 and appearing for Chelsea in 2004-05.

He joined Lyon after just 12 months at Stamford Bridge and played an important role in the Portugal side that reached the semi-finals of last summer’s World Cup in Germany.
redbabies
No, he wouldn't like to come to Milan.

He knows that he needs a hell of performances in order to play in the first 11.
Jack Sparrow
I was looking at him as our Pirlo replacement. In fact we could even play him alongside Rino without losing too much defensive stability.
bigmacmtl
for me we should sign 2 midfielders. 1 pirlo sub and a kaka sub because we all know how important those two are and no we dont have any replacements for them. oh and it would be nice for one of the two to be able to play on the right side of midfield. so ya i'd love to see tiago come, and you dont have to be fast to play in pirlos position.
whoarethepatriots
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 11 2007, 05:17 PM)
for me we should sign 2 midfielders. 1 pirlo sub and a kaka sub because we all know how important those two are and no we dont have any replacements for them. oh and it would be nice for one of the two to be able to play on the right side of midfield. so ya i'd love to see tiago come, and you dont have to be fast to play in pirlos position.

We have a Kaka sub in the form of Gourcuff, Seedorf can play there two and all three can interchange positions
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 11 2007, 08:18 PM)
We have a Kaka sub in the form of Gourcuff, Seedorf can play there two and all three can interchange positions

Exactly .. I think a forward and a Pirlo replacment .. Emerson ?? or whoever. He doesn't have to replace Pirlo's abilities, but just a cover. Maybe a defender. And we are ready to go. Cuz, Gourcuff and Seedorf should play a role next season, they have earned it on the pitch king.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Jun 11 2007, 12:18 PM)

gourcuff does not play that far forward, he is our seedorf sub. and if he's played that far forward i havent seen him do much. and when has he ever come on to sub kaka and take his place? we def. need more quality in our midfield, the only quality sub we have for midfield is ambro.
kurtsimonw
I'd rather have Tiago than Emerson or Ze Roberto. He was decent enough to play good amount of games for Chelsea, winning the league there. He'll be good enough for our bench.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 11 2007, 03:40 PM)
I'd rather have Tiago than Emerson or Ze Roberto. He was decent enough to play good amount of games for Chelsea, winning the league there. He'll be good enough for our bench.

ya same, ze is done deal with bayern munshit and apprently real want us to pay in around the region of 16 million for emerson puke.gif (and they wont consider money+oli for emerson).
Tennie
Tiago has been quite good for Lyon this past year. I rather like him. But would he accept what will probably be a bench/sub role at Milan?
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 11 2007, 03:55 PM)
Tiago has been quite good for Lyon this past year. I rather like him. But would he accept what will probably be a bench/sub role at Milan?

he'll be getting lots of play, we're gonna be playing lots of games and our midfield is short staffed. i can even see him getting a starters role eventually.
misha
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Jun 11 2007, 11:52 PM)
ya same, ze is done deal with bayern munshit and apprently real want us to pay in around the region of 16 million for emerson puke.gif (and they wont consider money+oli for emerson).

16 mil for Emerson? We are not Chelsea rolleyes.gif He's worth maybe 7-8 mil.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Jun 11 2007, 08:55 PM)

I think this is the only thing that will stop us getting him.

he'll be getting lots of play, we're gonna be playing lots of games and our midfield is short staffed. i can even see him getting a starters role eventually.

Getting 'lots of play' isn't good enough for Tiago, he played plenty of minutes for Chelsea, as they had quite a depleted midfield throughout some of their seasons. But he knows he's good enough to start, which he proved at Lyon. He's gone there and proved he's not 'just a deensive midfielder' just check how many goals he's scored. It's not just in France either, he had a very good CL campaign with Lyon.

I'm one of Ambro's biggest fans, but Tiago tops him for me, if we can get him that'd be superb news.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 11 2007, 04:34 PM)
I'm one of Ambro's biggest fans, but Tiago tops him for me, if we can get him that'd be superb news.

Ambro is king.gif of Milan. I never want to hear such ugly words from you or anyone for that matter again!!
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 11 2007, 05:13 PM)
16 mil for Emerson? We are not Chelsea rolleyes.gif He's worth maybe 7-8 mil.

i know real really pisses me off on the transfer market. they go around snooping and sniffing without permission, then they act all hypocritical and criticize teams like chelsea and say they're dodgy, then they bully teams to sell their star players and try to unsettle them, then when they sell players (who are often the surplus) they sell them for full price when in reality they have little use for them and should be sold for less. bunch of bastards realmad.gif angry.gif realmad.gif angry.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.