Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffon signs on at Juve until 2012
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Warchant
MILAN, June 7 (Reuters) - Juventus goalkeeper Gianluigi Buffon has extended his contract until 2012.

The Italy number one had considered leaving despite Juve recently securing promotion back to Serie A following their demotion last year for match-fixing.

But having stuck with the club for a season in the second division, Buffon has opted to stay following the appointment of former Chelsea manager Claudio Ranieri as coach.

'An important day for me, because I have written a new page in my career and life,' Buffon said in a statement.

AC Milan were linked in the Italian press with a possible approach for Buffon but club bosses at the San Siro were quick to say they were happy with Brazil goalkeeper Dida.

Buffon was in excellent form during Italy's Euro 2008 qualifying wins in the Faroe Islands on Saturday and Lithuania on Wednesday.

'Today we have achieved another important result, as keeping Gianluigi Buffon at Juventus was one of the key points of our plans for the coming years,' the club's general manager Jean-Claude Blanc said.

well, that now means sheva and buffon are officially off the list
Zed.D

There's not much I can say... I was hoping for his arrival.

But that seems fair after all... he's a Juve player. A faithful one.

Now we have to stick to our great (??!!...) DIDA!
Portman

Avanti Dida! cool.gif
kurtsimonw
When was that picture taken, when we offered him a new contract? tongue.gif

He's in more of a shock that I was! Only messin' Dida, I love you really. biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 7 2007, 09:48 PM)

Avanti Dida!  cool.gif

Hehe....now I like him better biggrin.gif
KillerMax
lol, Tomasson looks like a girl...
dst
sad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 8 2007, 12:35 AM)
lol, Tomasson looks like a girl...

My God .. ur still at it, aren't u; they always say once ur bent, there is no straightening u tongue.gif tongue.gif
jbryant1
Its as I thought. Most of the medias speculation is a bunch of BS. Most of these players Milan are speculating are won't come. Watch. We have the worst transfer management in the world.
Jack Sparrow
I want JDT back....and I mean nowwwwwww!!!! Get rid of Boriello...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.