Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan admit to Eto’o desire
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2
dst
Milan admit to Eto’o desire
Tuesday 5 June, 2007

Milan chief Adriano Galliani has declared that the Rossoneri will make an offer for Barcelona's Samuel Eto’o.

The latter has been heavily associated with the European champions and the Vice-President has today admitted that the Cameroon ace is a target.

“Eto’o remains our primary objective, but we will not disturb Barcelona until the end of the Liga season [on June 17],” Galliani noted this afternoon.

“However, next season’s squad will basically be the same as the group of players who have just ended this campaign.

“A few players might come in, one in midfield and one in attack, but we are in no hurry as we are fine as we are.”

The proposed arrival of Eto’o would increase the competition for a striking shirt next season and Galliani conceded that the club were ready to sell Alberto Gilardino.

The latter is unhappy with the lack of faith being shown in him by the European champions and a divorce is seemingly on the cards.

“I told him that the club would want him to stay,” added the official.

“However, seeing as we can’t guarantee him a starting shirt and we didn’t appreciate his recent interview, I have given him permission to leave – so long as someone pays us £17m.”

Gilardino is understood to be keen on a move to Juventus which has led to speculation that the Old Lady may offer David Trezeguet in return.

“Trezeguet is a player who we really like, but we can’t exchange a player who was born in 1982 with one who is five years older.”

Galliani also rubbished rumours of an Andriy Shevchenko swoop. “His return is more impossible than unlikely,” he added.

“Thierry Henry? We were close to him after Sheva left but he demonstrated himself to be a great man. He wanted to stay loyal to the club who made him famous.”

channel4

"Eto'o remains our primary objective!??" When exactly did he even become our primary objective? And what happened to Ronaldinho!?? rolleyes.gif

"We are fine as we are"?? Thank Paolo this is Galliani talking otherwise my brains would be on the wall by now... rolleyes.gif

I hope Gila WANTS TO stay! If not then it's best for both sides that he leaves... and we replace him. I think what Galliani means is that Trezeguet is not old enough for Milan! rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif

Oops on the last part! Sound like a fling...

This feels like last year... I hope they prove me wrong!
whoarethepatriots
“Thierry Henry? We were close to him after Sheva left but he demonstrated himself to be a great man. He wanted to stay loyal to the club who made him famous.”

Bit of a low blow
han2503
So it's clear now. The big signing in attack will either be Eto'o or Thierry Henry.

Both are c@nts in their own ways imo. But I would prefer Eto'o simply because I think he is better at this point in time in the player's carreer and is younger. Think of the future Galliani.

And Gila SHOULD be kept. No use in selling him after all we went through to get him. Pippo might be our hero but he is NOT our future, Gila is.

Why sell an Italy NT striker when 24 years old to a club that is our competitior and felt it better to sell Zambrotta to Barca then us last summer for less money.

Simply stupid on Galliani's part.

Gila should be convinced of staying at all costs.
Warchant
i would take etoo

about the same skill level and etoo is much younger
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jun 5 2007, 05:38 PM)
So it's clear now. The big signing in attack will either be Eto'o or Thierry Henry.

Both are c@nts in their own ways imo. But I would prefer Eto'o simply because I think he is better at this point in time in the player's carreer and is younger. Think of the future Galliani.

And Gila SHOULD be kept. No use in selling him after all we went through to get him. Pippo might be our hero but he is NOT our future, Gila is.

Why sell an Italy NT striker when 24 years old to a club that is our competitior and felt it better to sell Zambrotta to Barca then us last summer for less money.

Simply stupid on Galliani's part.

Gila should be convinced of staying at all costs.

I don't think it is logical to call Galliani stupid rolleyes.gif

He has a PhD and has been with Milan for the past twenty (so) years, more than most of this forum's members actualy life span wink.gif

He knows best. I agree with u that Gila shouldnt be sold, but since Gila actually stated to the press that he wants to move and this is also taking into consideration that Milan have given him two seasons to prove himself !! Why are u still backing him up ?? Milan just won the CL without him wink.gif Milan doesn't need him and if now at 25 he isnt consistent nor is he living up to expectation, what do u expect of him in a couple of years time ?? Whatever ur prediction might be, Milan cant run the risk of devoting presious time on the pitch for Gilardino to come through rolleyes.gif

Gila should be convinced to stay ?! Why ?? Has he proved anything to us over the course of 2 years ?!

We have Ronaldo now .. Bring in someone who can complement him and let the team flurrish. Enough with this Gilardino cr@p!
Portman
He's a world-class foward. No doubt. Specially looking at his age: 26 and the best still to come.

The thing is... will he shut is mouth when he's in Milan? Every time he opens it... it's b/s coming. rolleyes.gif

I'd prefer Ronaldinho anyway.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 09:41 AM)
He's a world-class foward. No doubt. Specially looking at his age: 26 and the best still to come.

The thing is... will he shut is mouth when he's in Milan? Every time he opens it... it's b/s coming.  rolleyes.gif

This could also be exactly true for Ibra. And I would say yes to both of them.
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 5 2007, 04:49 PM)
This could also be exactly true for Ibra. And I would say yes to both of them.

Ibra didn't get the microphone and sang to the entire San Siro "Milan, you sons of bit... GET IN!" when celebrating the title. rolleyes.gif

You can't say the same about Etoo when celebrating the Barcelona's La Liga. (2 years ago)
KillerMax
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 09:54 AM)
Ibra didn't get the microphone and sang to the entire San Siro "Milan, you sons of bit... GET IN!" when celebrating the title.  rolleyes.gif

You can't say the same about Etoo when celebrating the Barcelona's La Liga. (2 years ago)

Eto'o talks a lot of crap.

Ibra is like an uncontrollable moron.

Both amazing players.
KillerMax
Breaking news: ohmy.gif

Link
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 5 2007, 07:34 PM)
Link

rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 5 2007, 05:34 PM)
Link

For a second I thought it was true... biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw

It's nothing to do with that.

Henry's just very selfish, he stayed there because it's his team, he's the star. Not because they made him famous. In Milan he'd be 'just another player'. rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 06:18 PM)

Henry's just very selfish, he stayed there because it's his team, he's the star. Not because they made him famous. In Milan he'd be 'just another player'.  rolleyes.gif

Players can't win can they, if they don't stay they are unloyal and if they do stay in a lesser team they are selfish tongue.gif Give them a break!

Anyhow I'd rather have Henry out of the two.
misha
If he can bring Eto'o I'll put his picture in my desktop instead of Milan with the cup foto biggrin.gif He's the best striker in the world, and with Ronaldo playing with him, we'll be unstoppable.

Ibra didn't get the microphone and sang to the entire San Siro "Milan, you sons of bit... GET IN!" when celebrating the title. 

Real rejected him. It was stupid to sang that but understandable. Besides , here it'll be different, I think.
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 5 2007, 07:33 PM)
Real rejected him. It was stupid to sang that but understandable. Besides , here it'll be different, I think.

To insult another club that gave him $$$ (in the past)... with a microphone? No. It's not understandable.

It's like Pirlo or Seedorf doing the same about Inter. rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 09:44 PM)
To insult another club that gave him $$$ (in the past)... with a microphone? No. It's not understandable.

It's like Pirlo or Seedorf doing the same about Inter.  rolleyes.gif

What's wrong about that? wink.gif

Look, he felt like they never believed in him, and that they thought he wasn't a Galáctico rolleyes.gif so when they won the title it brought out negative emotions from him. I can understand that , although it was stupid.
Jack Sparrow
Especially, since he made an equally public apology about that public insult.

Or maybe I'm just being protective coz we might get him!!!

Look I know he's silly, but

1. I don't think he's selfish
2. I don't think he'll take much time to adapt to Serie A
3. I think this is Milan's way of showing the middle finger to R10 for stringing us along just so big bro could land Oli a fat contract
misha
AC Milan's Galliani Arrives To Sign Eto'o

Liverpool's reputed bid of 60 Million euros for Barcelona's Sam Eto'o has been viewed as a step too far by other rival clubs hoping to sign the goal merchant.

AC Milan's strongman, Galliani has stepped into the current transfer controversy surrounding Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o as he has reportedly arrived Barcelona to attempt a physical interference into the matter and to personally explain why the Catalans have to let Eto'o where the colours of AC Milan next season.
Speaking, Gallaini said:

"We hope to persuade Barcelona to let go and may probably have to wait till the end of the season to fully commence this process. We shall make a direct request to Barca for Eto'o".

Samuel Eto'o has been as hot in the transfer news as a high profile player of his type should, with reports linking him to Manchester United, Liverpool, Cheslea, AC Milan and Inter Milan.

Galliani says he also plans to hold talks with Real Madrid, but it is widely believed his main target is Samuel eto'o and the Real Madrid mention is meant to act as a detour to distract attention away from his primary aim.

http://www.fcbarcelonablog.com/fcbarcelona...6/05/title_1239
redbabies
let my dream come true: Eto'o No.7, Milan player!

E7 - looks cool, right? king.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (redbabies @ Jun 5 2007, 10:29 PM)
let my dream come true: Eto'o No.7, Milan player!

E7 - looks cool, right?  king.gif

Or E11 biggrin.gif ... 7/11 rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
but seriously don't u guys think this indicates the death knell for the r10 bid?
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 5 2007, 10:38 PM)
but seriously don't u guys think this indicates the death knell for the r10 bid?

r10 who? Eto'o would be a better choice IMO
kurtsimonw

Almost certainly.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 08:42 PM)
Almost certainly.

Just because Eto'o is 1 year younger. biggrin.gif

Now... the most important thing: Is he good in PES? (I never play with Barcelona. I simply... can't. Well, you know...) biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif wink.gif
Jack Sparrow
PES is hopeless....it's FM07 where it counts...
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 5 2007, 09:13 PM)
PES is hopeless....it's FM07 where it counts...

Is he gut there too? rolleyes.gif

I'll try to play with Cameroon tonight. Then I'll tell you something. laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 11:03 PM)
Just because Eto'o is 1 year younger.  biggrin.gif

Now... the most important thing: Is he good in PES? (I never play with Barcelona. I simply... can't. Well, you know...)  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif  wink.gif

Real Madrid? wink.gif
KillerMax
FM 07:

PES 6:

Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 5 2007, 09:35 PM)
Real Madrid? wink.gif

No. Usually Milan or Valencia in PES6.

Geez pKil. He's really gut. Let's get him! wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 11:42 PM)
Geez pKil. He's really gut. Let's get him!  wink.gif

In FM Gila is a 30 goals striker too wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Jun 5 2007, 09:44 PM)
In FM Gila is a 30 goals striker too wink.gif

Who? wink.gif
arivanjj
eto will complete our attack!
KillerMax
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jun 5 2007, 03:00 PM)
eto will complete our attack!

Well, not so much if that means we are gonna let Gila go.

Eto'o, Ronaldo, Inzaghi is not enough. And they are all injury prone.... Kind of scary.

My wish is that Gila stays and fights, but if he was to leave, we should get G. Rossi and Eto'o.
Portman
He then turned the attention to Samuel Eto'o, the Barcelona ace who is the hottest property in Europe this summer.

"Eto'o remains our primary objective, but we will not disturb Barcelona until the end of the Liga season," he said.

"However, next season's squad will basically be the same as the group of players who have just ended this campaign. A few players might come in, one in midfield and one in attack, but we are in no hurry as we are fine as we are."

Finally he gave his take on Gilardino's situation with the club.

"I told him that the club would want him to stay," said the Milan vice-president.

"However, seeing as we can't guarantee him a starting shirt, and we didn't appreciate his recent interview, I have given him permission to leave - so long as someone pays us £17million."

I just... don't get 1 thing: since WHEN Eto'o is our primary objective? I always thought Ronaldinho was the one. About 2 years I think that. Basically no rumours linking Eto'o and Milan in the last months... at least I don't remember.

This could be a strategy to bring Ronaldinho too... usually Galliani denies everything and this "We'll ask Barcelona for Etoo" is not usual. rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 6 2007, 07:05 AM)
Well, not so much if that means we are gonna let Gila go.

Eto'o, Ronaldo, Inzaghi is not enough. And they are all injury prone.... Kind of scary.

My wish is that Gila stays and fights, but if he was to leave, we should get G. Rossi and Eto'o.

well no i agree, i think gila should definitely stay cause Roni will not have the energy to play the whole season out so Gila could come in every now n then and yeah...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 6 2007, 12:12 AM)
I just... don't get 1 thing: since WHEN Eto'o is our primary objective? I always thought Ronaldinho was the one. About 2 years I think that. Basically no rumours linking Eto'o and Milan in the last months... at least I don't remember.

This could be a strategy to bring Ronaldinho too... usually Galliani denies everything and this "We'll ask Barcelona for Etoo" is not usual.  rolleyes.gif

I agree, it could be king.gif
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 5 2007, 06:54 PM)

Eto'o talked about a lot things in his autobiography! A lot about what happened in Madrid. Most of that I do believe some not. But even half of it is true I believe he did what he did absolutely rightfully!!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 5 2007, 09:18 PM)

Henry's just very selfish, he stayed there because it's his team, he's the star. Not because they made him famous. In Milan he'd be 'just another player'.  rolleyes.gif

Please... rolleyes.gif

Try not to think Anti-Arsenalish for a second! How many chances to win something has he had with Arsenal and how many would he have with Barcelona!?? Reaching the CL final with THAT team was a one-off IMO!
Portman

Barcelona have to sell one of: Ronaldinho or Eto'o. That's basically a fact.

Thing is, even the Barcelona fans prefer Ronaldinho to leave than Eto'o. Why? Because Eto'o is like a leader now in Catalonia along with Puyol. And runs more... not so lazy as Ronaldinho sometimes, etc.

Plus... even if they want to sell Eto'o:

Will Samuel prefer Milan or Liverpool (it's said it's their target)? I mean, we're the European Champions... but the EPL is much more hyped than Serie A.

And do not forget Inter and the centenary buy. rolleyes.gif

PS: All that Ronaldinho brother affair during the last 12 months... all for what? Oliveira's talk? rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2007, 09:39 PM)
Try not to think Anti-Arsenalish for a second! How many chances to win something has he had with Arsenal and how many would he have with Barcelona!?? Reaching the CL final with THAT team was a one-off IMO!

Either way he's selfish. tongue.gif

He leaves to Barcelona and turns his back on Arsenal to win trophies.

OR

He stays at Arsenal so it's all about HIM where HE is the star.
m1ke
Eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho - any of them would be a great addition in my opinion.

Personally I don't think any of them will arrive, but if they do, I think it will most likely be 'dinho.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jun 5 2007, 10:10 PM)
Eto'o, Henry, Ronaldinho - any of them would be a great addition in my opinion.

This is what they all thought when they saw your post:

It isn't happening!
KillerMax
Henry is wearing a Che t-shirt rolleyes.gif

Ronaldinho is promoting Nike... rolleyes.gif

The only one that is classy is Sheva... And that's what Milan gives you. Class.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 6 2007, 02:10 AM)

wink.gif

A friend of mine told me: 'Milan should win the CL every season cause they're the only team that would get off the plane with 'Campioni' t-shirts and suits!! I want to see that every season!' biggrin.gif

He's right...

Finesse... only we have it!! Maybe only Palermo would do that too, but we won't have the chance to know...

And another picture from Final-plagued Athens: Scousers everywhere with 'Pool jerseys on and stuff (whatever kind of stuff... wink.gif ) and the Milan tifosi passing by gently with their suits and the only way to separate them from office-workers was their proud look and Milan scarves on top... Suits and scarves... that's class!! devil.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2007, 11:19 PM)
And another picture from Final-plagued Athens: Scousers everywhere with 'Pool jerseys on and stuff (whatever kind of stuff...  wink.gif ) and the Milan tifosi passing by gently with their suits and the only way to separate them from office-workers was their proud look and Milan scarves on top... Suits and scarves... that's class!! devil.gif

Those weren't our fans, those were dustbin men yep even they look classier than scousers rolleyes.gif
Portman

(nike) laugh.gif

Class too. wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 6 2007, 02:22 AM)
Those weren't our fans, those were dustbin men yep even they look classier than scousers  rolleyes.gif

You really like your Scousers! Those %*&&* pissed all over Athens... mad.gif

QUOTE (Porty @ Jun 6 2007, 02:26 AM)
Class too.  wink.gif

Black tie!?? For an award ceremony? Not class...

R20... in every picture he reminds me of how disgusting he is! But the image of him turning his bandeau round to show the Nike badge when HIS NATIONAL ANTHEM was played really tops everything! rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2007, 11:32 PM)
You really like your Scousers! Those %*&&* pissed all over Athens...  mad.gif
Black tie!?? For an award ceremony? Not class...

Speaking to a Scouser is like choosing a disease to die from wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Jun 6 2007, 02:37 AM)
Speaking to a Scouser is like choosing a disease to die from  wink.gif

Joke of the year!! laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 6 2007, 02:10 AM)
Henry is wearing a Che t-shirt rolleyes.gif

Ronaldinho is promoting Nike... rolleyes.gif

wub.gif wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.