Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alves bidding begins
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Spanish reports claim Chelsea and Milan have both lodged offers for Sevilla ace Daniel Alves, but it is claimed Real Madrid remain favourites to clinch his signature.

Liverpool have also been linked with the attack minded full-back, but it seems they are yet to make their move.

Milan and Chelsea are understood to have made contact but the offer from the English club is bigger at €24million (£16.2million), with the Italians tabling a €20million (£13.5million) bid.

Sevilla are ready to deal for Alves and are now considering their options.

Chelsea made their move after their Spanish scout Juan Cruz Sol watched him in action against Real Zaragoza last month and he submitted another glowing report.

Real are yet to unveil their hand - but it seems that they could very well offer players in exchange including former Sevilla star Julio Baptista, who spent last season on loan at Arsenal.

Now the bidding has started for Alves, the player will need to consider his options and initial reports suggest Real Madrid is his preferred option.

skysports

I think Oddo is fine... I only have some doubts about Janku. Alves is certainly better than Oddo but... I've learned to like the Italian!
whoarethepatriots
Alves cant defend to save his life, Oddo isnt exactly as solid as Nesta in defense but he is better at defending than Alves
dst
It's true he can't tackle but he covers much space (he canceled Joe Cole the other fay just by space covering). Plus this is the first thing he'll learn.

It's his excellent attacking abilities that separate him from the rest!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 5 2007, 02:47 PM)
It's true he can't tackle but he covers much space (he canceled Joe Cole the other fay just by space covering). Plus this is the first thing he'll learn.

It's his excellent attacking abilities that separate him from the rest!

True .. And that kind of wb belongs in Spain, IMO biggrin.gif
Jack Sparrow
tongue.gif U and ur all Italian defence. Old school for life huh bro?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jun 5 2007, 03:38 PM)
tongue.gif U and ur all Italian defence. Old school for life huh bro?

Of course, an Italian defense is renowned in this world to be the tightest and most clinical wink.gif

And what is better than old school ?! Give me a team today, that is better than the Invincible Milan of the late 80s devilsmiley.gif
kurtsimonw
NOOOOOOO!

Unless he's coming to Milan, stay in Sevilla! sad.gif
Portman
He'll go to R.Madrid/Chelsea/Liverpool.

Probably Real as Kaka' and Ronaldo are not available and they've no one to spend big on... so they'll just do for fun. rolleyes.gif

We've Oddo for the next 3 years, at least.
misha
I like him a lot. We could have used him as right midfielder too. Kinda like Serginho. But Milan don't want or need him enough, so he will be going to other club sad.gif .
kurtsimonw
Real are just silly.

Salgado will probably be leaving, but that still leaves Cicinho, Ramos and even Torres' naturel position is RB. They don't need another. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 6 2007, 12:09 AM)
Real are just silly.

Salgado will probably be leaving, but that still leaves Cicinho, Ramos and even Torres' naturel position is RB. They don't need another.  rolleyes.gif

Some might not agree with me, but Capello can get the most out of his players. Look at how Torres is doing; most managers wouldnt even play him in the coppa del ray
misha
Real are just silly.

Salgado will probably be leaving, but that still leaves Cicinho, Ramos and even Torres' naturel position is RB. They don't need another.  rolleyes.gif

When that ever stopped them rolleyes.gif
dst
Real are just silly.

So, what's your point!?? They are helpless... rolleyes.gif
Fillipo Simone
We need Alve pretty much I belive...he could be the best player to get for this position rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Oddo is our RB for the next 3 years, and rightfully so.

We had a big turn around when 2007 started, it wasn't all down to R9 either. Oddo helped out big time. So I don't think he deserves to lose his place, as good as Alves is.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 7 2007, 09:58 PM)
Oddo is our RB for the next 3 years, and rightfully so.

We had a big turn around when 2007 started, it wasn't all down to R9 either. Oddo helped out big time. So I don't think he deserves to lose his place, as good as Alves is.

We can`t survive next season without an offense-wise RB/RM...

Unless Oddo does something with his crossing...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Jun 7 2007, 09:44 PM)
We can`t survive next season without an offense-wise RB/RM...

Unless Oddo does something with his crossing...

Oddo's not the best crosser of the ball, but he still helps out offensively. Look at our second goal in the CL Final. He was offside when Kaka' played the ball to Pippo!

What we gain offensively with Alves, we'll lose defensively with not having Oddo. Alves is a decent defender because he's quick and can cover a player, I just don't think he can tckle, at all.

Although, there's no reason they can't share time. When we're losing games Alvez and Oddo could play together, Oddo at RB and Alves in more of a forward role on the right.
Bluesummers
Nah it would be a useless transfer. i personally think Oddo would play a much more sufficient role than alves. Other than being able to speak italian, Oddo knows how the italian defensive system works to some degree. i watch alot of la liga games and when i see alves trying to defend, it makes my day. He can't tackle if his life depended on it. Covering more ground? sure but can he defend, fck no. Most teams can't really come p into our defence thru the middle since gattuso kills most of them, so they push it wide. We need a strong defensive and offensive rb who has plenty of experience. I would prefer mroe defensive than offencive. Also dont forget that the fact that Oddo really did well for us when we need him. Janku needs more experience but i believe it will be a good partnership in the defence.
jefri91
We don't need this guy
aLbErTo
http://goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=369314

maybe a chance for us??
Portman
QUOTE (aLbErTo @ Aug 1 2007, 04:18 PM)

He's heading Chelsea. Robben out, Alves in.
aLbErTo
yes, i'm afraid that chelseas $$$ gona be the main factor...that's a shame though, i belive daniel would be a great right back for our team
Tennie
I think we need a LB more. (Zambrotta? Drenthe?)
aLbErTo
we are strong on that side smile.gif there are some were good "young" players:
favalli, BA!?...plus there's great sergnho and janku, a think there's no need for LB
jbryant1
WE could use this guy. Milan won't bring out there wallet for him. I think Milan owe us a fresh young defender and they should be first in line for his signature.

We got Pato but there is going to come a time when our defense is going to crash before our eyes and all the top defenders have been bought up by Madrid, Chelsea, Man U, Barcelona and others. WE might get by this season but its inevitable we will have like 6 defense spots to fill. Why not start thinking ahead now.

We haven't spend jack in this transfer market. We got 30 million pounds for winning the champions league. 30 million pounds for Scheva. And are the 3rd richest club Where is this money going. In a bunch of corrupt Italian pockets.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.