Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Emerson delays Milan decision
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha
Real Madrid ace Emerson will only consider a move to Milan at the end of the Liga season, his agent has noted.

The midfielder has been strongly associated with a Rossoneri switch after a problematic campaign at Real following his summer transfer from Juventus.

“We are happy to hear that [boss] Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that Milan are interested in Emerson,” said Gilmar Veloz. “This means that he acknowledges my client’s work.

“It is important for Emerson to know that he is on Milan’s wish list and that obviously makes him very happy.

“However, I have to underline that he will decide his future only at the end of the current campaign.”

The Spanish League still has two rounds left to play and Real Madrid are in pole position to win their first championship since 2003.

However, reports in Spain claim that the 32-year-old Brazilian has already agreed to a Milan transfer.

Meanwhile, the European champions are also pondering a move for Brazilian defender Edmilson of Barcelona
Rossoneri7
Milan's midfield will be a mine field next year rolleyes.gif

Gattuso - Pirlo - Emerson - Seedorf - Ambrosini rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that we will have 99% of the possession next year cool.gif
Rossoneri7
Milan's midfield will be a mine field next year rolleyes.gif

Gattuso - Pirlo - Emerson - Seedorf - Ambrosini rolleyes.gif

I'm sure that we will have 99% of the possession next year cool.gif
dst
Yeah, how 'bout delaying it forever!?? smile.gif
misha
It makes us stronger so it's fine by me
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ May 30 2007, 03:33 PM)
Yeah, how 'bout delaying it forever!??  smile.gif

I was about to say the same biggrin.gif

Maybe he'll forget tongue.gif cool.gif
jbryant1
We have too many defensive minded midfielders. We need to shed a couple of them if we want Emerson. Personally I think he's better than Brocchi or Ambrosini.

It also might be an issue whether he plays or not because we have Pirlo Gattuso, Seedorf, and Kaka as our midfielders, he might not want to come. I would say it beats playing on the Madrid bench with Furor capello.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (jbryant1 @ May 30 2007, 05:40 PM)
We have too many defensive minded midfielders. We need to shed a couple of them if we want Emerson. Personally I think he's better than Brocchi or Ambrosini.

Without question Liverpool and Milan are the dominant teams in European competition over the last 5 years.

And they both have very defensive minded midfields, they've had Sissoko, Mascherano, Alonso, Hamann & Biscan in recent years.

Us alike with Rino, Ambro, Pirlo, Brocchi and possibly Emerson.That's what makes us so balanced, we need those type in midfield because our full-backs are so good at going forward. Emerson would just add superb depth to the team and allow us to really chase more than one trophy a season.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:52 PM)
Without question Liverpool and Milan are the dominant teams in European competition over the last 5 years.

And they both have very defensive minded midfields, they've had Sissoko, Mascherano, Alonso, Hamann & Biscan in recent years.

Us alike with Rino, Ambro, Pirlo, Brocchi and possibly Emerson.That's what makes us so balanced, we need those type in midfield because our full-backs are so good at going forward. Emerson would just add superb depth to the team and allow us to really chase more than one trophy a season.

yeah well in a midfield of 4 guys liverpool play 2 defensive guys and 2 off guys, they dont play all the guys you named at once. i mean we really lacked creativity this year we wont creat a single chance if we have 4 defensive mid cuz thats all were gonna have. i mean i have no prob getting him if we get some creative midfielders as well but he's fucking BLOODY OLD, i'm sick of hearing about these old shits (cant we ever spend more than 10 million on a signle player) we're solving our problem of an old squad with more old fucks. if he comes he'll be too old to run in 2 seasons(apparently he lies about his age, just look at his bald head)
kurtsimonw
Liverpool's usual set up involves 5 men that really attack.
LB (Riise) The RB (Finnan) doesn't do very well going forward
LM (Kewell/Zenden)
RM (Gerrard/Pennant)
Then the front two (Crouch/Kuyt/Bellamy/Fowler)

We also have 5:
LB (Jankulovski)
RB (Oddo/Cafu)
AM (Kaka')
Then we either have two up front (Gila/R9/Oliviera/Inzaghi) Or we play the Xmas tree with Seedorf as another going forward. We're not THAT defensive.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 07:02 PM)
Liverpool's usual set up involves 5 men that really attack.
LB (Riise) The RB (Finnan) doesn't do very well going forward
LM (Kewell/Zenden)
RM (Gerrard/Pennant)
Then the front two (Crouch/Kuyt/Bellamy/Fowler)

We also have 5:
LB (Jankulovski)
RB (Oddo/Cafu)
AM (Kaka')
Then we either have two up front (Gila/R9/Oliviera/Inzaghi) Or we play the Xmas tree with Seedorf as another going forward. We're not THAT defensive.

the whole thing is kaka has been playing as a forward, but when he plays in midfield thats fine but what we need is a KAKA sub (because when kaka isnt on our whole midfield is defensive)
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ May 31 2007, 12:04 AM)
the whole thing is kaka has been playing as a forward, but when he plays in midfield thats fine but what we need is a KAKA sub (because when kaka isnt on our whole midfield is defensive)

I have to agree there. I thought the Rui Costa/Kaka' thing worked pretty well for us when they were both at the club.

But at the moment it's just Kaka', so unless Gourcuff learns to play in that role very well, we need to bring somebody else in.
misha
Milan Stalking Puma?

Emerson Ferreira Da Rosa, commonly known only as Emerson, so far has had a difficult time at Real Madrid. Things are getting better now that the Merengues are about to clinch la Liga, but at the beginning of the season the fans of the Casa Blanca used to criticize the Brazilian midfielder performances quite harshly.

Even though he has recently stated he’s happy to stay in Madrid, very few people would be surprised if he’d move back to Italy. Some other people, like European champion Carlo Ancelotti, would be very glad to see him wearing a Rossoneri shirt. Luca Manes has a look at the market for big cats…

Many Italian football fans can remember the first picture of Emerson in an Italian Stadium quite well.

He wasn’t performing on the pitch, just sitting in Olimpico Monte Mario stand and, more important, he was actually crying.

The reason why was very simple: he was attending Roma’s last friendly match of the pre-season but he couldn’t play as he had just torn the cruciate ligaments in his right knee.

The fans were shouting his name and dedicating supportive songs to him. He really felt overwhelmed by so many emotions.

The very same supporters showed all their sympathy and devotion to the Brazilian when he played his first game nearly five months later, as he came on as a sub in the Roma-Napoli game.

His impact on Italian football was quite remarkable. At the end of that incredible campaign Roma managed to win the Scudetto for the first time in 18 years, while in the following season (2001-2002), they nearly made a historical double, finishing only one point behind Juventus.

A few days before the Korea/Japan World Cup bad luck hit back big time. Emerson dislocated a shoulder during a training session, while he was playing as a … goalkeeper!

It was a premature end of the dream, and Brazil ended up being pentacampeão (five-times champions) without the man Scolari had hand-picked as his Captain for the Asian edition.

The following season, however, was very disappointing for both AS Roma and Emerson as the Giallorossi failed to catch fire on the field.

A prompt redemption was needed, and the Giallorossi, supported by a very Brazilian midfield, nearly won the league in 2003-04.

Kakà & Shevchenko had the better of the Roman team, which was already trying to come to terms with some deep financial problems.

In fact Roma’s president Franco Sensi urged Emerson not to leave in January, when Roma were top of the table and had chance to snatch the title.

The Brazilian had to turn down some very interesting offers made by Chelsea – well, Abramovich was already in charge of the Stamford Bridge club, so the offers had to be very interesting… and Emerson was reassured he could leave in the summer.

Maybe what Roma’s execs didn’t know is that he was in close contacts with arch-rivals of Juventus. Moggi & Giraudo were eager to sign one of Capello’s favourite midfielders.

By the way, it was Don Fabio who had started the former Giallorossi exodus towards Turin (eventually Zebina joined the company as well).

To convince Sensi and sporting director Franco Baldini – now at the Bernabéu – to sell Emerson at a “reasonable” price, Moggi persuaded El Puma to be very confrontational with his employers.

Honestly at that stage his attitude turned a bit unprofessional. Like a magician pulling a rabbit out of a hat, Emerson found a solution to solve all his problems.

He pretended to be depressed – because they didn’t let him go… - and sent a sick note to Roma, enraging the Giallorossi supporters who felt betrayed after they had showed him a great deal of affection over the years.

In the end he was successful in his quest, but in a certain way he got a new curse on his career. This time it wasn’t a question of injuries, he played quite regularly, delivering some great performances as usual.

In fact Juventus won two titles in a row, even though they failed to impress in the Champions League. Unfortunately for Emerson and millions of Bianconeri supporters the only Scudetto in his career so far is the one achieved in the Eternal City.

I don’t need to explain the reasons of that and why he left to head to the Spanish capital last summer, I believe you all know by know…

At the Bernabéu he met again his old friend Antonio Cassano – there are some rumours saying that Emerson pushed the Talentino to break his close friendship with Totti, who was not exactly one of the favourite team mates of the Brazilian during his Roman spell.

So the curse of failure was very alive and kicking. Actually it dotted the very beginning of Emerson career in Europe, when he lost a couple of titles in Germany in his Bayer Leverkusen days.

Maybe, after the two World Cups upsets (2002 and 2006) and a few Scudettos nullified or missed for a bunch of points, in less than two weeks Emerson will be celebrating a massive triumph in Madrid.

He’s the archetype of the southern breed of Brazilian midfielders from Rio Grande do Sul – like Dunga himself and seen nowadays in the Liverpool-bound Lucas Leiva (hailing from the same Grêmio that the seleção Coach came from).

No frills, a lot of physical strength, some feline movements (hence his nickname El Puma), a good technique and a great tactical knowledge. Not exactly a Galactico, but a key player for every great team midfield.

Ancelotti knows all too well, and he would be delighted to ad yet another illustrious member to his fantastic squad. Capello’s possible exit from Bernabéu could ease an Emerson move to Milan.

What, if Capello is staying? El Puma has already declared he feels comfortable at Madrid…but if his future hinges on his masters voice we’ll have to wait to see if the big cat toughs it out in La Liga – or makes a return to Serie A for one last growl…

Luca Manes Rome, Italy
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.