Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Inzaghi back in Italian NT
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Portman
I CONVOCATI - Questo l'elenco dei convocati:

Portieri: Abbiati (Torino), Amelia (Livorno), Buffon (Juventus).
Difensori: Barzagli (Palermo), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Materazzi (Inter), Oddo (Milan), Pasqual (Fiorentina), Tonetto (Roma), Zambrotta (Barcellona).
Centrocampisti: Ambrosini (Milan), De Rossi (Roma), Diana (Palermo) Gattuso (Milan), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan).
Attaccanti: Del Piero (Juventus), Di Natale (Udinese), Inzaghi (Milan), Lucarelli (Livorno), Quagliarella (Sampdoria), Rocchi (Lazio).

Good to see Pippo back in the NT.

Oddo, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini and Inzaghi from Milan. Where the hell is Nesta? Incompetent Donadoni, injury, or a full rest until the pre-season for Alessandro?
Tennie
Nesta gave an interview a few days ago in which he said he was thinking of retiring from the NT. Maybe he did?
arivanjj
Quagliarella devil.gif
redbabies
Italy's attack doesn't seem so strong.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 28 2007, 12:21 PM)
Nesta gave an interview a few days ago in which he said he was thinking of retiring from the NT. Maybe he did?

I've had a look all over the net, can't find a thing. He must want a rest or something, since it's hardly a strong squad.

Anyways, congratulations to Oddo, Ambro, Rino, Pirlo and most importantly.. PIPPO!
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 28 2007, 11:03 AM)
I've had a look all over the net, can't find a thing. He must want a rest or something, since it's hardly a strong squad.

Anyways, congratulations to Oddo, Ambro, Rino, Pirlo and most importantly.. PIPPO!

Here's the Nesta article in English. link

NESTA TO QUIT AZZURRI

Alessandro Nesta has hinted he will retire from international football in order to focus more on Milan.

“If I want to continue at the highest level for many more years, then I have to make some choices. Leaving the Nazionale is one of them,” he told ‘Tuttosport.’

The defender has never been very fortunate with the Azzurri, as he missed most of the 2002 and 2006 World Cups with injury.

Nesta was sidelined for four months this season after undergoing surgery for a dislocated shoulder, but his return to fitness proved an important boost in the Rossoneri’s Champions League triumph.

Now 31, the former Lazio star is contracted to Milan until 2011 and could follow teammate Paolo Maldini in taking an early retirement from the Italy squad.

Another Rossoneri hero, Gennaro Gattuso, is putting the Azzurri first. He pledged to dye his hair blonde if Milan won the Champions League, but pointed out he will only do so after the Euro 2008 qualifiers against Lithuania and the Faroe Islands.

“I can go around like that in Italy, but if I go overseas people will think I am insane,” said the midfielder.
Rossoneri7
I think Nesta quite the Azzuri after the world cup .. He is following in Paolo's foot steps, that is the best choice. When he is at 90% he is the best out there wink.gif king.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 28 2007, 10:01 AM)
I think Nesta quite the Azzuri after the world cup .. He is following in Paolo's foot steps, that is the best choice. When he is at 90% he is the best out there wink.gif  king.gif

I still can't believe people say Cannavaro is better than Nesta. Nesta is ver very technical in his defensive work. He even is more technical than Maldini and Baresi in defense. Nesta, to me, is the number one CB in the World. No question. Maldini is an overall greater and better player because he possesses much more than defensive qualities. Cannavaro is not in the same rank as Baresi, Maldini and Nesta, and no, I'm not being biased. Cannavaro makes up for his lack of height and technique with hard work. Kind of like Gattuso.
kurtsimonw
Thanks for the link Tennie.

I think he will give Euro 2008 a go, that'll be his last tournement.

My reasoning for him not being picked: The squad is for games against Faroe Islands and Lithuania, with no disrespect meant, Nesta is not needed, alot of the Azzurri's top players aren't.

I think Italy are just doing this to give other players a chance to shine in a competitive, meaningful game, instead of just a friendly.
Warchant
he deserves it!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.