Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: Emerson? The kind we want; De Rossi? Ideal
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Portman
Emerson? The Kind We Want; De Rossi? Ideal - Ancelotti 

GOAL.com

Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has admitted that he would like to have Emerson in his team for next season, and that De Rossi would be the perfect addition.

Reports linking Emerson with Milan surfaced a few days ago, and Ancelotti has now made the Rossoneri's interest official.

"Emerson has just the characteristics of the kind of midfield player that we are looking for," he said on Italian television after the game against Reggina.

The Brazilian - who has returned to top form over the last month or so - is said to be keen on a return to Italy, as he feels his efforts will never quite be appreciated at Real Madrid, and that he will once again be singled out if and when Los Merengues struggle.

Ancelotti, also discussed other possible targets, insisting that Roma's Daniele De Rossi would be even better.

"De Rossi is the ideal player, but of course, Roma do not want to sell him," he rued.

Finally, he played down the interest in Zlatan Ibrahimovic, insisting that the forward had only just joined Inter.

"Ibrahimovic will not come. He has hardly spent a year at Inter," concluded the Milan coach.

Emerson in, Brocchi out. Seems possible. He's a good sub to rest Gattuso time to time.

But De Rossi? Who will be out of the first 11? Seedorf? rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
It'd probably end up in a rotation system, which would be a nightmare, that's doomed to fail.
misha
De Rossi would be a dream but Roma won't sell him. Emerson would be a good cover and will give us more depth
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ May 27 2007, 10:28 PM)
De Rossi would be a dream but Roma won't sell him. Emerson would be a good cover and will give us more depth

But where to you fit De Rossi in? Seedorf's, Pirlo's... ?

I suppose we're going to play the 4-3-1-2 (4-4-2 diamond) next season... not 4-3-2-1.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 27 2007, 09:30 PM)

I suppose we're going to play the 4-3-1-2 (4-4-2 diamond) next season... not 4-3-2-1.

I think, regardless of who we buy, we'll play the 'diamond midfield' in the league and the 'Christmas tree' in Europe, even at home.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ May 28 2007, 12:30 AM)

In Seedorf's place. It will depend on what shape the players will be plus there are always injuries. Seedorf can cover for Kaka too and when he's in form he will get to start .After all Seedorf only had two good month this season (although the important ones). But Carlo also likes him so I dunno wacko.gif
KillerMax
De Rossi is Roma blood. Like Gattuso for us, he is Rom's future captain. No way he is leaving.
Rossoneri7
De Rossi wont leave Roma. Not now that they have come in 2nd place and ended the season with a trophy.

Emerson ?? Well, Carlo did want him last year, so I guess this year all Carlo's dream transfers will happen cool.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (Porty @ May 27 2007, 10:20 PM)
Emerson in, Brocchi out. Seems possible. He's a good sub to rest Gattuso time to time.

But De Rossi? Who will be out of the first 11? Seedorf?  rolleyes.gif

No, he would replace Ambro - if he comes', but I'm sure it won't happen.
tom_valtellina
QUOTE (redbabies @ May 28 2007, 05:58 PM)
No, he would replace Ambro - if he comes', but I'm sure it won't happen.

De Rossi is Italy-captain material but he won't leave Roma.

Emerson would be a handy pick-up to give a bit more depth to midfield for what will be a very long campaign next season.

European Super Cup
Serie A
Champions League
Coppa Italia
Intercontinental Cup
redbabies
With a midfield composed of Gattuso-Pirlo-De Rossi we wouldn't need defenders at all tongue.gif
Genaro and De Rossi would stop everything biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.