Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan Target Mystery Man
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
han2503
Milan Target Mystery Man

AC Milan coach Carlo Ancelotti has hinted that the European champions are on the verge of a major transfer coup.

Just three days after the Rossoneri won Europe's biggest club prize for the seventh time, the club bankrolled by former Italian prime minister Silvio Berlusconi is plotting for the future.

Ancelotti told a press conference: "Last summer there were not many players who wanted to come to Milan but there are more now.

"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We are delighted that he wants to play for Milan."

The coach gave no clues as to the identity of the mystery man.

Former FIFA World Player of the Year Ronaldinho has previously been linked with a move to the Italian club by the press.
kurtsimonw
If he won't tell you, I will. It's me. smile.gif

It'll probably be something expected, then again it may be as unbelievable as Henry! ohmy.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2007, 09:43 PM)
If he won't tell you, I will. It's me.  smile.gif

It'll probably be something expected, then again it may be as unbelievable as Henry! ohmy.gif

That is the only thing I could think of, reading han's post !!

Carlo did state at some point, that his worst coaching moment wasn't loosing in Istanbul, but not getting the class out of Henry, at their time in Juventus smile.gif
misha
Let's wait and see. Last summer they promised to surprise us too but of course now the situation is different...
Locke Lamora
As always, I'm adamant that Henry is staying at the Emirates.
redbabies
I'm waiting for that miracle.

But I hope there'll be more than one.
Tennie
I half wonder if it's someone from one of the Italian clubs. Maybe Zlatan (who's had a bit of a falling out with the Inter leadership according to the Italian press) or one of the heavy hitters from Roma, though not Totti. Then again, perhaps not. Maybe it's someone from Spain or England.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ May 26 2007, 06:55 PM)
As always, I'm adamant that Henry is staying at the Emirates.

I'm not sure I want Henry. He's a typical 'English' player now. Someone that can't rise to the big occasian.

He had the chance to put the Gooners 2-0 up in the CL Final when he went through one-on-one. He didn't have the nerves to do it. Pippo did. We need winners!
Fillipo Simone
Cannavarro?
misha
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2007, 10:19 PM)
Cannavarro?

Hope not
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishale @ May 26 2007, 08:21 PM)
Hope not

Me too, but I have a strange feeling he is the one... unsure.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 26 2007, 07:21 PM)
Hope not

I think he mistakenly put 'not'.

This hasn't been one of Madrids best defensive season's in their history for no reason. When you have Ramos, Carlos and Salgado on the back line with you, you end up left on your own 99% of the time.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2007, 08:32 PM)
I think he mistakenly put 'not'.

This hasn't been one of Madrids best defensive season's in their history for no reason. When you have Ramos, Carlos and Salgado on the back line with you, you end up left on your own 99% of the time.

Yep, but we don`t need Canna here...he is superb, maybe better than Nesta, but too old..
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2007, 07:38 PM)
Yep, but we don`t need Canna here...he is superb, maybe better than Nesta, but too old..

The idea of football is to build for now, not for the future (That's what youth teams are for.)

If we sign oldies every year, who cares? EVERY single year we'll have an experienced side, and who knows, some youth players may come through so we'll have a good balance.

Fabio is welcome. wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2007, 07:30 PM)
Me too, but I have a strange feeling he is the one... unsure.gif

I'm 99% sure that this 'mystery' player will be an attacking player, to me it could only mean 1 of the Barca boys (Eto'o or R10) or Sheva.

As for Canna, he and Nesta are simply unbreakable next to eachother so no matter what age he is I welcome him with open arms.

Just imagine this:

Oddo--Nesta--Canna--Zambrotta

The Azzurri back line at club level, simply amazing.

And with the seasons those 2 had in Spain we'll probably get them both for less then £15 million
KillerMax
Oh my God Oh my God Oh my God!!!! I know who it is!!!
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 26 2007, 09:00 PM)
And with the seasons those 2 had in Spain we'll probably get them both for less then £15 million

Zambrotta is on the top of my wish-list... biggrin.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 09:02 PM)

Romario? tongue.gif

Who??
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 08:02 PM)

Please do tell?
KillerMax
If I told you wouldn't believe me and would quickly dismiss it.
jefri91
what are the possibilities ?? Sheva, Henry, and C.Ronaldo.... I don't know why but I have a feeling that it's C.Ronaldo because he did say ""There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. " hmmmm this is going to be on my mind all summer. When is Milan going to start looking in the transfer market?? July ??
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 08:10 PM)

Is he Italian? tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2007, 02:11 PM)
Is he Italian?  tongue.gif

Nope.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 11:13 PM)
Nope.

Torres tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 09:13 PM)
Nope.

Brazilian?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2007, 11:14 PM)
Brazilian?

Cambodian rolleyes.gif tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2007, 09:25 PM)
Cambodian  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

laugh.gif
milanista1899
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 09:10 PM)

Put your money where your mouth is! (so to speak) you usually do! tongue.gif wink.gif ...and tell us! How do you know? unsure.gif or do you not know for sure & that's the real reason why you won't tell us? unsure.gif tongue.gif Go on, I dare you! devil.gif We can take it if you can! devilsmiley.gif Right guys? unsure.gif
Fillipo Simone
Right!! biggrin.gif

Speak it out!!!!
kurtsimonw
Is he European? laugh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 08:10 PM)

Tell us!!!!!!!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2007, 08:25 PM)
Cambodian  rolleyes.gif  tongue.gif

Maltese devilsmiley.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Fillipo Simone
Guys,...pKillerMax is fooling us around... rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 26 2007, 08:45 PM)
Guys,...pKillerMax is fooling us around... rolleyes.gif

More than likely.

Even if I without a doubt thought we were signing my mom, I'd still say it on here. And you'd dismiss it in seconds.
KillerMax
You see there is this paradox. If I tell you, you will no longer be curious and you will dismiss it just as others. If I don't tell you, you will think that I'm fooling around. I have no connections or an inside man. All I did was read between the lines and approach this mystery like a math problem (Anyone seen the show numb3rs?). When you have all the facts straight and compare it with what you have been given, you can find the answer. I will tell you, but I just wanna go over the whole thing one more time. Plus, there is a cliffhanger to the problem as Ancelotti has only indicated the player's interest in playing for us. Nothing has been said about if we are actually going after him or not which could turn out disappointing. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Fair enough. Even if you think it not to be true, we'd all still love to know. tongue.gif
Warchant
everyone here are naming obvious names that have all been bounced around

if it's a mystery man, then it is somebody that hasn't been linked with us

personally, i don't have a clue, all though i am curious to see how this "math problem" works out rolleyes.gif

my random guess...wayne rooney, ha ha ha
bigmacmtl
last summer we werent prepared to spend 30-40 million for torres, but now i can see us doing it. although i wouldnt dismiss the henry rumors, i mean he can't be that bad for us ...15 million? thats less than what we paid for the biggest flop ever (olishita).
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 09:26 PM)
You see there is this paradox. If I tell you, you will no longer be curious and you will dismiss it just as others. If I don't tell you, you will think that I'm fooling around. I have no connections or an inside man. All I did was read between the lines and approach this mystery like a math problem (Anyone seen the show numb3rs?). When you have all the facts straight and compare it with what you have been given, you can find the answer. I will tell you, but I just wanna go over the whole thing one more time. Plus, there is a cliffhanger to the problem as Ancelotti has only indicated the player's interest in playing for us. Nothing has been said about if we are actually going after him or not which could turn out disappointing.  rolleyes.gif

Oh come on just tell us!! tongue.gif

Galliani just confirmed that there WILL be a big name signing and it will ba an attacker. So is the guy you think it's going to be an attacker? Maybe an attcking midfielder with big teeth?
Milan Are Brilliant
It's blatantly Shevchenko tongue.gif

Nah it's most likely Ronaldinho

"There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end. We are delighted that he wants to play for Milan."

Ah too confusing!
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 26 2007, 10:22 PM)
It's blatantly Shevchenko  tongue.gif

Nah it's most likely Ronaldinho

Ah too confusing!

It can't be Ronaldinho though if Carlo is saying the words 'There's one none of you would suspect and if I was to tell you the world would end.'

Ronaldinho would be the first to come to mind, so I can't see it being him. Or Carlo is just playing mind games to divert the attention off the R10 deal.

This is very confusing unsure.gif All we know for sure is that a big name attacker will be coming. Imo these are the only ones that I would consider as a big name attacker who will be the biggest transfer of the summer

Ronaldinho
Eto'o
Sheva
Henry
Messi (never going to happen in a million years)

From that list I wouldn't want Henry or Sheva, both will be over 30 and we've already got Ronaldo who is on the same level as them, we need someone that could give us a new dimension to the attack, and clearly that would either be R10 or Eto'o
KillerMax
LOL, how the hell is it going to be Ronaldinho when he says it's going to be someone that we would never suspect? And we all know that Ronaldinho said he would like to one day play for us. rolleyes.gif Warchant gets the idea. wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 26 2007, 10:44 PM)
LOL, how the hell is it going to be Ronaldinho when he says it's going to be someone that we would never suspect? And we all know that Ronaldinho said he would like to one day play for us.  rolleyes.gif Warchant gets the idea. wink.gif

READ the post! I said Ronaldinho and then the quote and said it was to confusing rolleyes.gif tongue.gif

To be honest we've had more names than a birth registrars named on this forum so I don't think it's someone we are going to unsuspect too much...
kurtsimonw
Players it can be:
Messi: One of the three amigos will definetly be going, everyone thinks R10 or Eto'o, maybe it's Messi?

Zlatan: Maybe he's saying it's so out of the blue because he doesn't think we'd go for a such a high profiled 'bad boy' from our big rivals?

Henry: We've hardly been linked with him, and it would be a huge shock if we did join.

Adriano: The fact he plays for Inter, and is such a big name player. We've not been linked with him either. Shock? I think so.

David Villa: Is he going to Real, United, Liverpool or Arsenal.. Maybe it's none of those and it's Milan?

I can't really think of many others, RVN, Rooney and Drogba come to mind, the first 2 are no hopers, we've been linked with Drogba.

Help us pKill! sad.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2007, 10:55 PM)
David Villa: Is he going to Real, United, Liverpool or Arsenal.. Maybe it's none of those and it's Milan?

I was thinking Villa a minute ago, but I really doubt it... The main one that would make more sense to me is Tevez, but will just have to see.

Hmm how on earth would a huge player meet with a Milan representative and not get caught/linked or anything.

I'm sure this whole thing of a player 'you don't suspect' is indeed mind games.

On another note why are we so sure it's an attacker?
misha
I think one between Villa, Torres, Henry or Teves. Any of them would be a good surprise.
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ May 26 2007, 11:00 PM)
I think one between Villa, Torres, Henry or Teves. Any of them would be a good surprise.

I forgot about Tevez! Definately would be up there with the others I listed.

Torres and Villa will most likely not work out for us, can't see them having it in them to play in Serie A, especially Torres
kurtsimonw
If it's Tevez I'm going to put on an Inter shirt and start celebrating the Scudetto. mad.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 26 2007, 11:04 PM)
If it's Tevez I'm going to put on an Inter shirt and start celebrating the Scudetto.  mad.gif

That would be the most likely signing in logic, but you never know
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 27 2007, 02:02 AM)
I forgot about Tevez! Definately would be up there with the others I listed.

Torres and Villa will most likely not work out for us, can't see them having it in them to play in Serie A, especially Torres

I think they can. Plus we have a good relationship with A.Madrid, what might have helped to make it quiet. Bat that all just speculations
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 26 2007, 11:06 PM)
I think they can. Plus we have a good relationship with A.Madrid, what might have helped to make it quiet. Bat that all just speculations

I prefer mishales thinking to all this silly Carlitos talk. ¬_¬
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.