Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: Bring me Barca stars
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Portman
Ancelotti: Bring me Barca stars 

Saturday 26 May, 2007 ::: channel4.com

Carlo Ancelotti is already looking to next season and his wish list includes Ronaldinho, Samuel Eto’o and Philippe Mexes.

“I think that to remain at the top of European football, this side needs a few additions,”
said the Coach who took Milan to their seventh Champions League trophy this week.

“If we are to sign players, then you may as well make it a real world class figure. Ronaldinho and Eto’o fit the bill and right now Eto’o is perhaps the best striker in circulation, but I shall say no more on the matter.”

The Barcelona and Cameroon star had already been a target last summer following Andriy Shevchenko’s departure, but seems set to leave La Liga at the end of this season, although Inter are also interested in his services.

“Next year we will certainly be competing in the European Super Cup, the Intercontinental Cup, the Champions League, Serie A and Coppa Italia, so it will be even more important to have players of quality.”

Pippo Inzaghi scored a brace in the 2-1 Final win over Liverpool and from next term Ronaldo will be available for Champions League duty, so where does this leave Alberto Gilardino?

“He is very happy at Milan,” assured Ancelotti. “His season has had ups and downs with a good number of goals scored.”

The question of the ageing defence still needs to be addressed, especially with Kakha Kaladze ready for a Premiership move as he is tired of sitting on the bench.

“Mexes? He is one of the strongest central defenders on the transfer market,” added the Coach when asked about the Roma star.

The days after the Rossoneri’s Champions League heroics have been dominated by controversy over a banner insulting Inter that appeared in Massimo Ambrosini’s hand on the open-top bus.

“I think Ambrosini made a mistake and he understood that, so he apologised. That has to be the end of the matter.”

Milan were cross with their ‘cugini’ after President Massimo Moratti, Coach Roberto Mancini and captain Javier Zanetti repeatedly stated they hoped the San Siro giants would lose the Final in Athens.

“Inter have the right to celebrate their Scudetto because they deserved it, but the same goes for Milan and the Champions League. Everyone makes fun of their rivals, it is part of football and totally normal.”

The season isn’t over yet, as Milan travel to the Stadio Granillo to face a Reggina side battling to stay in Serie A.

“We must try to send out a competitive squad that can give a dignified performance so that we do not unfairly tip the relegation battle in anyone’s favour,” noted the tactician after last night’s party at San Siro.

“Ambrosini picked up a knock, while Paolo Maldini, Inzaghi and Kaka also have a few problems. We’re also without Ronaldo and the suspended Ricardo Oliveira and Yoann Gourcuff.”

Gilardino is expected to start upfront alongside former Reggina youngster Marco Borriello.

Meanwhile, Maldini will extend his career for another season by going under the knife for a recurring knee problem.

“Paolo always makes his own decisions,” said his father, Cesare. “On Tuesday morning he’ll fly to Belgium for surgery and will return to the field at Milanello in two months.”

Bring Mexes + Ronaldinho and the European Champions will be ready for the next season. biggrin.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Porty @ May 26 2007, 03:56 PM)
Bring Mexes + Ronaldinho and the European Champions will be ready for the next season.  biggrin.gif

Yeah ready to leave with those spoilt, overpaid, overrated, winging prats!
Rossoneri7
We are the CHAMPIONS WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS .... of the WOOOOOOOORLD devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

p.s. Get me R10 and a center back. And I want to see which defense in the world can withstand our attack : Kaka Ronaldo Ronaldinho

Get out of here ... We are the CHAMPIONS ....
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 26 2007, 05:13 PM)
We are the CHAMPIONS WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS .... of the WOOOOOOOORLD devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif  devilsmiley.gif
p.s. Get me R10 and a center back. And I want to see which defense in the world can withstand our attack : Kaka      Ronaldo      Ronaldinho
Get out of here ... We are the CHAMPIONS ....

Hmm, well that looks like the Brazilian attack. They got knocked out of the World Cup by France..

Since Arsenal are France in disguise, I hope we don't come up against them in netx years CL!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 27 2007, 02:59 AM)
Hmm, well that looks like the Brazilian attack. They got knocked out of the World Cup by France..

Since Arsenal are France in disguise, I hope we don't come up against them in netx years CL!

Lol ... No, actually at club level, they would integrate better than at the national team. Training together everyday helps the players get to know their moves better, but training with each other for the national team (which happens once, every blue moon) doesn't help much rolleyes.gif

Arsenal who ?! unsure.gif

WE R THE CHAMPIONS ! wink.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 27 2007, 12:04 AM)
Lol ... No, actually at club level, they would integrate better than at the national team. Training together everyday helps the players get to know their moves better, but training with each other for the national team (which happens once, every blue moon) doesn't help much rolleyes.gif

Arsenal who ?! unsure.gif

WE R THE CHAMPIONS ! wink.gif  biggrin.gif

That's true, what threat will Arsenal pose when we sign Thierry 'Mystery Man' Henry. cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw)
Hmm, well that looks like the Brazilian attack.

That idea was implemented incorrectly, Adriano and Ronaldo up front both lazy and seemingly can't even run, although Ronaldo still managed to score a couple.

And Kaka and R10 not knowing exactly what their position entails.

Them playing at club level together will help them gain more cohesion with eachother. And there won't be the lazy Adriano to get in the way.
tom_valtellina
Zambrotta would be an awesome addition to our squad. He's one of the best fullbacks in the world, and can play on the left or right. Having him playing on the left would free up Janku to play in mid for us if necessary.

I think it's possible that he will come, especially if Daniel Alves goes to Barcelona. Zambrotta would instantly strengthen our squad and wouldn't cost a huge amount either.
maldini03
QUOTE (tom_valtellina @ May 28 2007, 05:20 AM)
Zambrotta would be an awesome addition to our squad. He's one of the best fullbacks in the world, and can play on the left or right. Having him playing on the left would free up Janku to play in mid for us if necessary.

I think it's possible that he will come, especially if Daniel Alves goes to Barcelona. Zambrotta would instantly strengthen our squad and wouldn't cost a huge amount either.

Yayy somebody sees it my way!!! love Zambrotta like a fat kid loves cake he is outstanding. And i dont want Ronaldinho, in fact i would like to get rid of Ronaldo and make our team more European and bring a great Forward Pazzini, but he would never come. I would also like a great new CB if Kaladze will leave and I would like a strong CB possibly Alex because from what you guys say he is good so ill take him . wink.gif wink.gif
kurtsimonw
Zambrotta has also made way too many mistakes this season, he's not been picking up his man on set-peices, being very lazy, this has lead to countless goals.

Oddo and Janku have proved they're good enough, we don't need to change things.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 28 2007, 01:38 PM)
Zambrotta has also made way too many mistakes this season, he's not been picking up his man on set-peices, being very lazy, this has lead to countless goals.

Oddo and Janku have proved they're good enough, we don't need to change things.

Although I believe those mistakes happened because Zambrotta was betrayed by Juve and in truth doesn't give a sh1t about Barca. But I agree with you. We keep agreeing with each other on this matter. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 28 2007, 09:08 PM)
Although I believe those mistakes happened because Zambrotta was betrayed by Juve and in truth doesn't give a sh1t about Barca. But I agree with you. We keep agreeing with each other on this matter. tongue.gif

Even though I love Janku, we've got to admit, he's not a proper LB and against Liverpool he nearly cost us the game on more then 1 occasion.

Zambrotta is simply the best in his position and imo it would be idiotic on the club's part to turn down such an oppotunity.

Zambrotta's for in Spain is irrelevent imo, once he returns to Italy he'll get back to his best I'm sure of this
jbryant1
There are many Barca stars to take with open arms. Its like Scheva leaving us last season we thought it wouldn't happen it might be the same with some of Barcelonas elite. Hopefully we get some bid names moving around this transfer window.

the only hope we have of Etto or Ronaldinho is if this rift they speak of exists and individuals want to leave. I recently went to Barcelona and according to many individuals that meet Ronaldinho- he seems to have an established lifestyle there and loves being there. Of course they want to keep him and will probably justify why he stays.
kurtsimonw
Barcelona's most important players won't leave, their most hyped up ones will.

Without Xavi, they'd be nothing, same goes with Puyol. These are their most important, not R10 and Eto'o. They're just lazy and over-hyped.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2007, 02:43 AM)

Without Xavi, they'd be nothing, same goes with Puyol. These are their most important, not R10 and Eto'o. They're just lazy and over-hyped.

R10 is over-hyped?! huh.gif maybe he's become sort of lazy lately but definitely not over-hyped. he's a Brazilian after all!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (zdrossoneri @ May 29 2007, 11:03 PM)
R10 is over-hyped?! huh.gif maybe he's become sort of lazy lately but definitely not over-hyped. he's a Brazilian after all!

He's very over-hyped. People talk of Pirlo and Cannavaro's World Cup hangovers, his is even worse.. Not that he turned up at the World Cup.

If we don't get him, it'll be a blessing in diguise, we don't need any more lazy players, we've got our 'fair' and playmaker in Kaka' we don't need R10.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 28 2007, 04:08 PM)

he could be suffering from a disease called playing for barca? no but seriously zambro was a milan fan when he was young and his parents are too and they said they wanted him to play for us cool.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2007, 12:13 AM)

TBH I think Iniesta and Deco are their most important players at the moment.

10R (even in the nowadays shape and form) and Puyol after them.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 29 2007, 11:19 PM)
TBH I think Iniesta and Deco are their most important players at the moment.

10R (even in the nowadays shape and form) and Puyol after them.

I agree with Iniesta and Deco. I see Xavi as irreplaceable, same with Puyol.

Messi is head and shoulders over the rest of the team though, he IS Barcelona in my eyes. They took him out for the game against Gatafe to rest him, look what happened there. rolleyes.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 29 2007, 06:21 PM)
I agree with Iniesta and Deco. I see Xavi as irreplaceable, same with Puyol.

Messi is head and shoulders over the rest of the team though, he IS Barcelona in my eyes. They took him out for the game against Gatafe to rest him, look what happened there.  rolleyes.gif

i wouldnt say he is barca right now cuz he still is pretty young, but he will be. he is their future.
Zed.D
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 02:42 AM)
He's very over-hyped. People talk of Pirlo and Cannavaro's World Cup hangovers, his is even worse.. Not that he turned up at the World Cup.

If we don't get him, it'll be a blessing in diguise, we don't need any more lazy players, we've got our 'fair' and playmaker in Kaka' we don't need R10.

How much do you really rate Ronaldinho when he's at the top of his game (like those 2002 World Cup days)?
I think "bigmacmtl" is right, his poor form is due to Barca's current situation. If call Ronaldinho lazy, what would you call Ronaldo's late Real Madrid days?! rolleyes.gif And do you regret his signing?! I don't think so. With Messi improving day by day, I don't see a bright future for Ronaldinho at Barca. He needs a new challenge and he know that very well, that's why he WILL COME to Milan sooner or later! biggrin.gif
My only concern is that I don't know whether Ronaldinho and Kaka can get along each other or not. we shall wait until Friday and see.
dst
^^
At least Ronaldo never skipped the training sessions! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
That's the big thing with Ronaldinho, he gets special treatment because he's so full of himself. He even thinks that he's the best player in the world, no player should think that of themself.

You can say Ronaldinho is playing so well because of the situation at Barca.

What about Milan this season, we've had a horrid year. But Kaka' has taken us through the whole Champions League, and won it us.

We don't need Ronaldinho if we've still got Kaka'. Maybe it's another Gerrard/Lampard situation where they can't play together?

World Cup 2002 Kaka' barely played, R10 was a star. This last World Cup Kaka' was the star, R10 was awful.
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 09:58 AM)
That's the big thing with Ronaldinho, he gets special treatment because he's so full of himself. He even thinks that he's the best player in the world, no player should think that of themself.

That's not true. He even recently said that he doesn't think he is the best player in the World and has admitted that he needs to work harder because he realizes he hasn't been on par with what he is capable of. Just go read everything on his official website. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 30 2007, 06:38 PM)
That's not true. He even recently said that he doesn't think he is the best player in the World and has admitted that he needs to work harder because he realizes he hasn't been on par with what he is capable of. Just go read everything on his official website. wink.gif

I'd rather go on Javier Zanetti's official site. mad.gif
Zed.D
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 30 2007, 10:08 PM)

َThat's right. he said he doesn't even feel he's the best at Barca, let alone the world.

It's on his profile on Wikipedia.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 30 2007, 09:38 PM)

Too bad his sponsor deals will never allow him to find the time and get back at his true level! rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ May 30 2007, 11:44 PM)
Too bad his sponsor deals will never allow him to find the time and get back at his true level!  rolleyes.gif

At Milan he will have to be present at the training sessions, cuz I dont think Carlo would hesitate to bench him rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 30 2007, 06:38 PM)

I think if he did say he was the best he'd be accused of having a bigger head than Jay Leno wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 31 2007, 04:07 PM)
I think if he did say he was the best he'd be accused of having a bigger head than Jay Leno  wink.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
Since we're speaking of Barca stars...I just found out on goal.com that Barca and Boca Juniors have agreed terms for Rodrigo Palacio. So Palacio is now a Barca player.

This kinda gives me hope for either Ronaldinho or Eto'o joining the dark side. (king.gif Us!!! devil.gif)

In another interesting tidbit....Riqueleme can't play for Boca coz his salary is as high as the rest of the team put together. But he can't go back to Villareal coz they don't want him. Do we sniff a chance?? Or do Inter? However he is very very homesick!!
Rossoneri7
^^ Nah, he is Inter's property. We already have one turtle biggrin.gif tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 31 2007, 02:58 AM)
At Milan he will have to be present at the training sessions, cuz I dont think Carlo would hesitate to bench him rolleyes.gif

I wouldn't mind if we got Riquelme... as an extra addition...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jun 1 2007, 04:31 PM)
I wouldn't mind if we got Riquelme... as an extra addition...

Sure he would give depth, but he would be taking up too much space on the nech. We already have Seedorf and Pirlo who can execute his abilities x10s better king.gif ... IMO tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Barca are getting Palacio? ohmy.gif

Damn them. sad.gif

EDIT: I just got excited.. on his Wiki page it reads.. (In the 'Clubs played for' section)

As of May 30 2007 Palacio ia an AC Milan Player As he signed for 24 million dollars

Damn Wikipedia! mad.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 1 2007, 07:32 PM)
Barca are getting Palacio?  ohmy.gif

Damn them.  sad.gif

EDIT: I just got excited.. on his Wiki page it reads.. (In the 'Clubs played for' section)

As of May 30 2007 Palacio ia an AC Milan Player As he signed for 24 million dollars

Damn Wikipedia!  mad.gif

lol, everyone can edit wikipedia. So sometimes there is wrong information on there. But they usually fix those things pretty quick.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 2 2007, 01:38 AM)
lol, everyone can edit wikipedia. So sometimes there is wrong information on there. But they usually fix those things pretty quick.

I know.. Damn to hell whoever put that, I almost had a heart-attack. mad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Jun 2 2007, 04:41 AM)
I know.. Damn to hell whoever put that, I almost had a heart-attack.  mad.gif

laugh.gif

I doubt wiki would have the news before acmilan.com would tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jun 1 2007, 07:59 PM)
laugh.gif

I doubt wiki would have the news before acmilan.com would tongue.gif

There is no such thing as wiki(as a company with news) Everything on there is written by people. And almost everything is editable.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jun 2 2007, 05:47 AM)
There is no such thing as wiki(as a company with news) Everything on there is written by people. And almost everything is editable.

Thank, but I already knew that smile.gif

I was just pointing out that it would have to be stated on Milan's official site before being edited in by someone
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.