Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Zambrotta snubs Milan option
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
bigmacmtl
Barcelona’s Gianluca Zambrotta has rubbished reports that he is on the verge of joining European champions Milan.

The Italian international has been heavily associated with the Rossoneri who have cash to spend on the market thanks to their Champions League success.

However, the man who left Juventus for the Nou Camp last summer following Calciopoli insists he is going nowhere.

“I’m staying at Barcelona and I’m 100 per cent sure of that fact,” said the Italian international full-back.

The former Bari ace has had a difficult first season in La Liga even if he insists returning to the peninsula has never entered his mind.

“I have never thought about moving back to Italy or playing for a different club,” added the former winger.

“I am very happy to be a part of Barcelona and I’m settled here.

“Milan? All I will say is that I have many friends there who I’d like to congratulate for their Champions League success.”

Shut zambro and join us, it's the right thing to do angry.gif
kurtsimonw
I'm happy with Janku and Oddo. If he comes it's a bonus, if not I'm not bothered.
redbabies
Zambrotta Pleased With Milan Interest

However the former Juventus player declared that there have been no contacts between himself and the Rossoneri's Directors.

Gianluca Zambrotta spoke about the interest of Milan, who want to bring him back to Italy after an unfortunate season with Barcelona in Spain.

The Italian winger was quick to point out, during an interview with Sky, that despite all the interest shown by the Rossoneri, there have been no meetings to discuss a possible transfer so far.

"I have never met with the Rossoneri Directors. If I come to Milan often is only because I live in Como."

Zambrotta has been a Milan fan since he was a child, just like his parents, who would like to see him wear the Rossoneri's colours.

"I don't know, I would surely like to return to Italy, but I don't know when,” replied the world cup winning midfielder turned defender.

"For the time being I have made a choice, so for now let's try to take it forward in the best possible way; let's try to win as much as possible, then we shall see. You never know."
redbabies
so, again he said something like "I still may move to European Champions Milan this summer" smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.