Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maldini wants more!
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha

Paolo Maldini insists he has no intention of retiring with this triumph. “I want to play the Intercontinental Cup and try to win the Champions League again.”

The captain walked up the stairs to get the trophy from Michel Platini’s hands in his eighth Final.

“It is my fifth victory, but it is always beautiful. I am lucky to play in a great side that enables me to make up for disappointments,” said the defender.

This 2-1 win over Liverpool was revenge for the loss on penalties in Istanbul two years ago.

“It has to be said that any disappointments have been far outnumbered by the wonderful pleasures the club has given me.”

Many thought that a win in Athens would seal the end of Maldini’s glittering career, but he is more than happy to carry on.

“It would be a good way to end it, but I want to play the Intercontinental Cup in December, have another season and try to win the Champions League again.”

There were fears that Liverpool would stage another comeback after Dirk Kuyt’s late header, but Pippo Inzaghi’s brace proved decisive.

“We were a little worried, but it was offside anyway!” laughed Maldini
kurtsimonw
I'll be his age by the time he retires!
KillerMax
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 23 2007, 05:58 PM)
I'll be his age by the time he retires!

You are 37? ohmy.gif
Warchant
what a great player

there will never be another maldini!
kidnicky
never will be another like Maldini ... he is like the energizer bunny biggrin.gif

Grande Capitano!!!
Bluesummers
You want more Paolo, we'll give you more biggrin.gif How does the treble sound for retirement tongue.gif
vaahid
There were so much tears of joy when Captain Maldini lifted the trophy in Athens. Thinking about all the difficulties and criticism Milan have endured over the two years, it just felt damn sweet. smile.gif

Points deduction?
Ageing defence?
No Shevchenko?
No Ronaldo?

We are AC MILAN, damn it!

More than that, the sight of a victorious Maldini, the best defender ever, epitomized the beauty of football and the magnificence of Milan.

Forza Milan! Forza Maldini! king.gif
florenti1
It's nice to hear that

Next season with two or three more good players we can win it again
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 24 2007, 02:16 AM)
You are 37? ohmy.gif

Nooo! I'm 19.

I meant that I'll be 37 by the time he retires since he always wants more. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.