Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Mexes is a Milan target?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha
Mexes visto a cena con Braida

Secondo indiscrezioni il difensore della Roma Philippe Mexes sarebbe stato visto a cena a Milano con l'uomo mercato del Milan, Ariedo Braida, domenica sera. Mexes è da tempo nel mirino rossonero, e la Roma non sembra disposta a ritoccargli in maniera significativa l'attuale ingaggio da 1,5 milioni a stagione. Col contratto in scadenza nel 2008, peraltro, potrebbe essere acquistato per una cifra non superiore ai 10 milioni.

link

Mexes met with Braida on Sunday. Milan are watching him for some time. His contract is up in 2008 but we can buy him for 10mil.

Better translation needed
KillerMax
Hmm... There are certain talents that don't perform consistently. Mexes, Chivu, Colochini are some examples. But then there are certain defenders that are consistent but probably not as technically(in their defensive duties) talented, but put in solid performances match after match. Alex and Stam are two examples. I'd rather go for the latter seeing as we already have Kaladze and Simic. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 22 2007, 06:24 PM)
Mexes met with Braida on Sunday. Milan are watching him for some time. His contract is up in 2008 but we can buy bhim for 10mil.

Better translation needed

I'll have to see if we can get a full translation or something (Porty still on?)

But from what you've said, I'd prefer to buy him than wait for the free, there'd be alot of competition. Whereas if we buy him, maybe their won't be so much.
Tennie
Mishale's translation is accurate. The only other thing I'd add is that Mexes apparently wants more in annual salary than Roma are willing to offer.
misha

He had a very tough first year at Roma but after that he really improved. he is young(25), used to Italian game and very talented. Could be a good buy IMO.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 22 2007, 06:46 PM)

He had a very tough first year at Roma but after that he really improved. he is young(25), used to Italian game and very talented. Could be a good buy IMO.

Yeah. He's always been a top player even from his early Auxerre days.

I don't think the annual salary rise should make much of a stepping-stone for us. Hopefully not anyways.

Either him, Alex, Luisao, or Terry. Terry and Luisao I can't see joining though. Mexes or Alex would be awesome though.
Portman
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 22 2007, 07:45 PM)
Mishale's translation is accurate. The only other thing I'd add is that Mexes apparently wants more in annual salary than Roma are willing to offer.

Yes. Roma don't want to renew with him. Do not want to give him more than 1,5M per year for him. That's not much for a defender like him.

I'd welcome him.
han2503
I would prefer someone like Alex as oppsed to him, we need a more physical presence with height in our defence and Alex fits that bill
whoarethepatriots
Dont know much about his Roma performances, although he has played decently supposedly

Was solid back with his French club a few years back
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 22 2007, 08:10 PM)
I would prefer someone like Alex as oppsed to him, we need a more physical presence with height in our defence and Alex fits that bill

Mexès is 1.87m. And he's agressive (not Materazzi agressive style). I like that on a CB.

Nesta-Mexes would be an hell of a partnership. And for 10M euros... a 25 yo French NT guy... get him Braida.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Porty @ May 22 2007, 01:21 PM)
Mexès is 1.87m. And he's agressive (not Materazzi agressive style). I like that on a CB.

Nesta-Mexes would be an hell of a partnership. And for 10M euros... a 25 yo French NT guy... get him Braida.

Nesta and Mexes pretty much have the same style. They are tall, yes, but they are not powerfull defenders with real presence. Stam did that for us, now someone like Alex, Luisao or Naldo could do it.
kurtsimonw
He's got the good looks to be a Milan player, but he's still about 10 years too young. rolleyes.gif

But I'd prefer him over Alex, I just think Mexes is one of the best in Serie A. Behind Maldini, Nesta, Materazzi and very few other names.
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 22 2007, 09:32 PM)
Nesta and Mexes pretty much have the same style. They are tall, yes, but they are not powerfull defenders with real presence. Stam did that for us, now someone like Alex, Luisao or Naldo could do it.

R.Carvalho and Terry are not so different... and they're probably the best partnership in the European football right now.
dst
I prefer Chivu. Mexes is good. There are better defenders out there, better than either of those two.
sansiro1708
idk i would rather an all italian defence ...the thing is that the option would be barzagli and theres not many other italians that come to my mind right now
redbabies
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 22 2007, 09:35 PM)
He's got the good looks to be a Milan player, but he's still about 10 years too young.  rolleyes.gif

But I'd prefer him over Alex, I just think Mexes is one of the best in Serie A. Behind Maldini, Nesta, Materazzi and very few other names.

please, don't count Materazzi as one of the best. He had only one good season at Inter and adding to that that Milan's strikers weren't at their best and Juve weren't at Seria A at all, we can conclude that he had a good season against teams like Palermo, Roma, Lazio...
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ May 22 2007, 09:03 PM)
R.Carvalho and Terry are not so different... and they're probably the best partnership in the European football right now.

I don't think they are, Terry is more prhysical, while Carvalho I think is more skillful with the ball and great in the positional sense. Yes he also has a good physical presence as Terry but I think they are different
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (redbabies @ May 23 2007, 02:35 PM)
please, don't count Materazzi as one of the best. He had only one good season at Inter and adding to that that Milan's strikers weren't at their best and Juve weren't at Seria A at all, we can conclude that he had a good season against teams like Palermo, Roma, Lazio...

It doesn't matter what competition you have, you still have to get the job done.

Materazzi for..
Italy: Scored in the WC Final. Finished the WC winners top scorer, scored a penalty in the final.

Inter: Played superbly in defense, scored 9 goals this season (Very impressive) and scored the goal which won them the title.

I love the guy, in my opinion he won Italy the world cup and won Inter the Scudetto.
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (redbabies @ May 23 2007, 09:35 AM)

he had a great season before he joined inter, thats why they signed him. he scored like 15 goals that season ohmy.gif , and he did score 9 this year and 2 for italy at the world cup
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.