Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gerrard Ready For Gattuso
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
kurtsimonw
Gerrard ready for Gattuso test

Steven Gerrard is ready to lock horns with Gennaro Gattuso on Wednesday, but the Liverpool skipper says his focus is not solely on the tough-tackling Milan man.

Gattuso is still smarting from comments Gerrard made about the Italian in his autobiography following Liverpool's UEFA Champions League final win over Milan two years ago.

Gerrard claims Gattuso 'is as scary as a kitten' and these comments have not sat well with the Rossoneri star.

Gattuso has been handed the chance to exact revenge as the two sides will lock horns for the European Cup in Athens on Wednesday evening.

He has been making bullish noises, but Gerrard is unconcerned by the comments and is focusing on his own game.

"I am not preparing to play against Gattuso, I am preparing to play against AC Milan," Gerrard said on Sky Sports News.

"He is a fantastic player with a lot of experience, he's won the World Cup and for many years he has proved himself at the top level, but I am not going into the game worried about Gennaro Gattuso - I am worried about AC Milan and how Steven Gerrard is going to play.

"If I can get myself right, we will see if Gattuso can stop me."

Sky Sports
han2503
He should have never siad anything in the first place

We'll see how Rino reacts to his kitten comments on the field devil.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 20 2007, 05:38 PM)
He should have never siad anything in the first place

We'll see how Rino reacts to his kitten comments on the field  devil.gif

Let the English talk wink.gif

The Champions League 2007 is coming to Milan.
pacang
crush him Rino please..

MAKE HIM SUFFER!!!!!
Milan Are Brilliant
I remember a certain player (Poulsen) last season winding Gattuso up last season, he celebrated in his face, I think it's going to happen again Mr Gerrard king.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 20 2007, 07:35 PM)
I remember a certain player (Poulsen) last season winding Gattuso up last season, he celebrated in his face, I think it's going to happen again Mr Gerrard  king.gif

It'll be a much tougher test for Rino than it was against Ronaldo. Cristiano doesn't perform against big teams, Gerrard does.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 20 2007, 10:41 PM)
It'll be a much tougher test for Rino than it was against Ronaldo. Cristiano doesn't perform against big teams, Gerrard does.

Oh yeah, ask Chelsea! rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2007, 11:25 PM)
Oh yeah, ask Chelsea!  rolleyes.gif

And they'd agree with me. wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 21 2007, 02:31 AM)
And they'd agree with me.  wink.gif

You're kidding me right? Just because he doesn't score an own goal every time he faces them doesn't mean he's playing good. He's usually mediocre in big games, against Chelski he's nowhere to be found!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2007, 12:20 AM)
You're kidding me right? Just because he doesn't score an own goal every time he faces them doesn't mean he's playing good. He's usually mediocre in big games, against Chelski he's nowhere to be found!

One FA Cup Final was named the 'Matthews' Final. As a tribute to how fantastic Sir Stanley Matthews played in the game.

Last years FA Cup final will soon be known as the Gerrard final. Scored a superb goal, then another in the last minute (His signature 35 yarder) Then put his penalty away.

CL Final 2005: Scored the first, won the penalty to level it. Over-al play was awesome.

Earlier in the season he scored a '94 minute screamer to send them into the knockout stages.

Set up Liverpool's goal in the semi-final 2nd leg and ran the show.

Point being: Gerrard shows up all the time.
Warchant
these players do get drug tested don't they? huh.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 21 2007, 12:28 AM)
these players do get drug tested don't they? huh.gif

laugh.gif

THAT'S the best comment I've heard all day. Super stuff! biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2007, 07:20 PM)

he did it to us last time and was the main reason liverpool won besides dudeks lucky saves.
shevchenko_007
The reason liverpool did that courageous pice of **** comeback two years ago was coz if they lost then gerrard was gonna leave liverpool, so they did everything they could to win, this year its different and i hope gattuso chops!
dst
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ May 21 2007, 04:12 AM)
he did it to us last time and was the main reason liverpool won besides dudeks lucky saves.

Yeah right! rolleyes.gif

The reason was Hamann!! That ol' block came on in the 2nd half and completely silenced Kaka who was our best player...

Liverpool would have done nothing if it wasn't for that guy! Gerrard who? He didn't change the flow of the game.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2007, 11:46 AM)
Yeah right!  rolleyes.gif

The reason was Hamann!! That ol' block came on in the 2nd half and completely silenced Kaka who was our best player...

Liverpool would have done nothing if it wasn't for that guy! Gerrard who? He didn't change the flow of the game.

Scored the first.
Set up the second.
Won the penalty for the third.

He pretty much single handedly took them to the final, too. He shows what Liverpool are all about. Fight, passion, will and determination, with a touch of brilliance and class when necessary.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 21 2007, 04:19 PM)
Scored the first.
Set up the second.
Won the penalty for the third.

He pretty much single handedly took them to the final, too. He shows what Liverpool are all about. Fight, passion, will and determination, with a touch of brilliance and class when necessary.

He set up the second goal?? Yeah, as much as Seedorf set up Kaka's goal against Anderlecht! rolleyes.gif
And he can dive yeah we know that!

Are you kidding me? He was injured for most of the games after the groups stage... it was his substitute Biscan that did the job till the final!! He played the 4-5 best games of his life...

Anyway... the way I see and understand football it was Hamann that changed everything and that is what allowed Liverpool (thus Gerrard) to claim that trophy. If you watch it again you'll see that Gerrard was only the showcase!

Thing is, I don't care anymore. Let's focus on the up-coming final!! devil.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 21 2007, 01:32 PM)
He set up the second goal?? Yeah, as much as Seedorf set up Kaka's goal against Anderlecht!  rolleyes.gif
And he can dive yeah we know that!

Are you kidding me? He was injured for most of the games after the groups stage... it was his substitute Biscan that did the job till the final!! He played the 4-5 best games of his life...

Anyway... the way I see and understand football it was Hamann that changed everything and that is what allowed Liverpool (thus Gerrard) to claim that trophy. If you watch it again you'll see that Gerrard was only the showcase!

Thing is, I don't care anymore. Let's focus on the up-coming final!!  devil.gif

Yep! Let's not dwell on the past.. Our whole squad is looking forward and know the past is the past and it can't be changed.

Whereas the Liverpool players keep going on about Istanbul and insulting our players.. Let 'em keep doing it. smile.gif
Portman
I think both teams, players and staff are talking too much for a final.

Milan should concentrate and focus only on the field, not this media Real Madrid/Man. United love things.
vnata001
alright, 1st off, I am an AC Milan fan..that said..i disagree with almost the whole lot of you about this topic.
If you don't think Steven Gerrard is capable of leading Liverpool to victory in this game..you are plain ignorant. Steven Gerrard is a smart, technically gifted, and agree with me or not on this one: has just as much heart as our Rino..Gerrard is a figher, a leader, a captain, and he's one of the best players in the world..Hes got just as much heart as Gattuso, and it would not be a surprise to me if the two were to get into it with eachother, Gerrard would not be afraid of Rino. He makes liverpool what they are. When the game is frenetic, Gerrard slows it down to the pace Liverpool needs it to be. When the game is slow...Gerrard strikes quickly without caution. He is a dangerous dangerous player..and is always involved in the Liverpool movements.

Another thing that concerns me is this war of words between Rino and Gerrard. Gerrard knows what he's doing. He knows how badly Gattuso and the rest of Milan want this. This war of words favors Liverpool. I was sad when I heard Gatusso and Ancellotti talk about how Liverpool is the worst of the 4 and liverpool is not as good, and Milan will be victorious. Liverpool takes pride in being the underdog and taking teams out of their game, and if I had to think impartially about the game, our Rino is more likely to get sent off than Gerrard. Rino will be extremely emotional, granted the war of words and Istanbul, I hope its our man that keeps his cool. I really hope so.

I would have MUCH prefferred Milan to say Liverpool are proven to be a great team, approach the game like that, and make it a no nonsense affair. i saw no need for ancelotti to predict a win before the encounter even started..if anything that just adds pressure, and fuel to LIverpool's fire. Xabi Alonso said today the exact formula that it takes to beat Milan. I have a feeling seedorf is gonna get man marked from the beginning...and if done so effectively, Liverpools got the right formula. Pirlo is going to have to have a stronng stronng game..He may find some space since Liverpool will concerate on seedorf and ricky. Andrea MUST try and exploit liverpool. I hope Gila plays..Hes great with his back to goal and THAT is what we need. We need him to find space infront of the back 4 and make quick layoffs to ricky and clarence..Itll be a really tight game in their half, and itll take andrea and gila finding space to make space. If that can happen, this could be a JOY to watch, I just don't really trust pippo right now to be strong on the ball with Jamie Carragher hounding him on his back, I dont think Pippo will get many calls. well need alberto gilardino's strength on the ball, and ability to hold it up for oncoming runs that will create space for our midfield geniuses.

I think Liverpool is too slow in their breaks up the field to really threaten us on the ground..but we must be wary of Crouch and Kuyt. Theyre crafty together..and useful in holding up the ball as well. I dont see liverpool breaking us down nicely. but long balls into crouch's head and chest..and bouncing balls here and there are really dangerous given the vollying abilities of Alonso, Gerrard, Riise, and kuyt. They don't play pretty, but they play EXTREMELY HARD and with so much heart..and theyve beaten Barcelona and Chelsea during their campaign.

I hope we treat them with the respect they deserve. Mourinho says Chelsea's a better team and Liverpool is just a mid table EPL team? and who prevails. I hope Ancelotti isn't forced to bite his tongue..

Im just nervous, I can't help but tread with caution before getting too excited about this game. Man United is a diff. team from Liverpool..and we should be taking them lightly..i sincerely hope MILAN pulls this one out..
han2503
^^^^

Carlo and Rino never predicted that we will win, I think they've learnt their lesson twice over in this aspect.

And when they said they are the worse of the top 4 they also said that they are still the hardest to beat out of all of them.

And they've even gone as far to say tha they would have preferred Man U in the final because Liverpool will not allow them that kind of space to play their game.

Milan know what they're up against and they have been very respectful towards their opponents as far as I'm concerned.

And the Rino vs Gerrard thing is mostly fuelled by the media, Rino said that he would be unhappy if Gerrard really said the things he said (which he did) and that he still has nothing but respect for him as a player.
dst
What han said!! vnata, my friend, I understand your concern but this is not what our men have been saying!
kurtsimonw
I'm happy with what I've heard so far today on Sky Sports News, their fans are way too over-confident.

Things to this effect have been said:

"We're going to stuff 'em, this time we won't have a heart-attack."

"Man for man we're better than them all over the pitch, they can't match us." - This guy did seem a bit out of it. Or I hope so for his sake, otherwise he was born without eyes and a brain.

"We did it last time, we'll do it again."

They've not once mentioned that we cruised passed the English champs, why they needed penalties to beat Englands second team. I hope they keep talking up their chances. biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.