Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffon bids farewell
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Rossoneri7
Juventus are back in Serie A, but Gianluigi Buffon hints he probably won’t be staying in Turin for that debut.

“I will tell you one thing – this party has to remain in my history and that of Juventus, because it is worth more than a Scudetto,” said the goalkeeper.

For several months now he has been cagey about his future, noting that had the Calciopoli demotion not occurred he would have already moved on seeking ‘new adventures.’

With Milan and Inter lining up to take him on, the World Cup winner’s comments after the 5-1 victory at Arezzo had a feel of farewell about them.

“I dedicate this promotion to the people who convinced me to stay. As for the future, no, this is not the time to talk about it. We’ll discuss the matter in a few weeks.”

Buffon’s contract runs until 2011, but it’s believed there was a verbal agreement between the club and goalkeeper freeing him if he helped them to climb out of Serie B.

He was the Bianconeri’s all-time biggest signing at £32m from Parma in 2001 and was runner-up in the Ballon d’Or this year behind former Juve teammate Fabio Cannavaro.

Football Italia
Rossoneri7
Didnt know where to put this, but looks as though Buffon is gonna be on his way to Milan this summer.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2007, 10:39 AM)
Didnt know where to put this, but looks as though Buffon is gonna be on his way to Milan this summer.

Thanks for the post R7.

That's great news. I'm not sure about him joining Milan though, Carlo seems very loyal to Dida. We'll have to wait and see.
dst
I can't notice this "feel of farewell" in his comments!?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2007, 01:51 PM)

“I dedicate this promotion to the people who convinced me to stay. As for the future, no, this is not the time to talk about it. We’ll discuss the matter in a few weeks.”

If he was truely dedicated in staying, he would have stated it. Otherwise, he is just waiting for the third party (agent) to prepare everything for him.

I say he is Milan's property biggrin.gif (U can mmm come now laugh.gif )
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2007, 08:51 PM)

laugh.gif

yeah me too
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2007, 01:56 PM)
If he was truely dedicated in staying, he would have stated it. Otherwise, he is just waiting for the third party (agent) to prepare everything for him.

Of course he's not "dedicated to stay"... but it doesn't seem like he's dedicated to go either!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ May 20 2007, 11:26 AM)
Of course he's not "dedicated to stay"... but it doesn't seem like he's dedicated to go either!

I think he's just waiting.

He'll probably have a talk with the president/Owner and whoever, see what their plans are/who they're looking to buy.

I think he'll wait a bit into the summer to see how things go. If he feels they can push for CL football, he'll stay. If not, he'll be out of there.
tom_valtellina
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 20 2007, 08:41 PM)
I think he's just waiting.

He'll probably have a talk with the president/Owner and whoever, see what their plans are/who they're looking to buy.

I think he'll wait a bit into the summer to see how things go. If he feels they can push for CL football, he'll stay. If not, he'll be out of there.

This is the guy I would most like to see Milan sign in the summer. I don't mean any disrespect to Dida, who is still a great keeper and has been a great player for Milan over the last few years. But Buffon is the best in the world. And goalkeeper is a very important position.
KillerMax
Channel 4 like to say a lot of sh1t. Most of their articles are like this. They put a controversial title and then when your read the quotes, it doesn't reflect the same thing at all.
MizNelson
Sheesh, I don't see how Dida's going to be able to relax on Wednesday, because even if he makes 435 saves and we win 17-0, he might still get the boot in the summer.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ May 20 2007, 07:28 PM)
Sheesh, I don't see how Dida's going to be able to relax on Wednesday, because even if he makes 435 saves and we win 17-0, he might still get the boot in the summer.

I think it may be a ploy to make Dida play.

Just like us stating interest in Sheva and Drogba right before the Final. It's to make Gila work his @ss off. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 20 2007, 09:18 PM)
Channel 4 like to say a lot of sh1t. Most of their articles are like this. They put a controversial title and then when your read the quotes, it doesn't reflect the same thing at all.

To me, it is the most reliable source on the internet. The rest are just garbage
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 21 2007, 12:13 AM)
To me, it is the most reliable source on the internet. The rest are just garbage

All of them are fed mostly by rumors
MizNelson
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 20 2007, 02:13 PM)

Yes, because only the most reliable source has the phrase "according to sources in Italy" in nearly all its articles. Football Italia - the site and the magazine - is a hack.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ May 21 2007, 12:28 AM)
Yes, because only the most reliable source has the phrase "according to sources in Italy" in nearly all its articles. Football Italia - the site and the magazine - is a hack.

Aha .. No what I ment was online ... Other than Football Italia, I don't think I trust another source on the net. Probably goal.com, but that is about it.

Cuz the rest don't have extensive reports on Serie A and up to date news as these two sources.

Other than these sources, I have my newspapers (which I read on a daily basis), but unfortunately, the papers are more intune to politics and finance than sports wink.gif

So, yes Football Italia and goal.com are as reliable as it gets.

p.s. It depends on what u preseve as accurate information. Maybe it is because I have been using these two sites for the past two years rolleyes.gif That has something to do with my reliability, i guess cool.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 20 2007, 08:39 PM)
I think it may be a ploy to make Dida play.

Just like us stating interest in Sheva and Drogba right before the Final. It's to make Gila work his @ss off.  smile.gif

Agreed!
han2503
Football Italia and Goal.com just rehash what is said in the papers, nothing more nothing less. They don't envent their own stuff like for example trible
Tennie
(Sorry, just back from Italy and perhaps a bit late commenting, but...)

There was quite a long article in Gazzetta dello Sport on either Saturday or Sunday about Buffon and his comments indicating he was on his way out. Gazzetta is, IMO, the most reliable of the Italian sports dailies, and the article was smack in the middle of the many many articles celebrating Juve's return to Serie A after the Arezzo game. So this is probably the source of the Channel 4 article. Gazzetta seemed pretty sure that he was unlikely to remain in Turin.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.