Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Galliani: We don’t need Buffon
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Rossoneri7
Vice-President Adriano Galliani insists that Milan already have a goalkeeper and are not interested in signing Gianluigi Buffon.

The world champion seems close to leaving Juventus and the latest rumours suggesting that he was buying a villa on Lake Como fuelled speculation the player might join one of the San Siro outfits this summer.

“Buffon? No, we already have Nelson Dida and he will stay between Milan’s posts,” Galliani told Sky Italia, confirming the club’s faith in the Brazilian.

Galliani also stated that he hopes Paolo Maldini will keep on playing next year, after the 38-year-old captain said that he would like to continue for one more season, knee injury permitting.

“He is an element who represents continuity for us and that means strength. We are counting on the fact that he can play for another year,” explained the former Lega Calcio chief.

The Rossonero then commented on the latest statements coming from Liverpool Coach Rafa Benitez, who declared that his men are mentally stronger than Milan.

“I do not know how he can say that. In any case, I prefer not to make any forecasts on this Final,” concluded Galliani.

Football Italia
Portman
He wouldn't say anything before a CL final. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
Kurt: Yes we do need Buffon.
dst
Go Dida!! wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ May 17 2007, 03:27 PM)
Go Dida!!  wink.gif

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif

Hehehe good to see u on our turf tongue.gif tongue.gif
MizNelson
Y'know, this has to be the tenth time this story has surfaced. And could the timing be ANY worse? Galliani ought to shut his f---ing fat mouth and quit playing games. God Almighty, sometimes I just want to throttle him. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if he secretly hopes that Dida will screw up in the final so he'll have an excuse to get rid of him, scoop up Buffon and then stock up on the KY Jelly.

And during February of LAST year, Buffon supposedly bought a house in or near Milan when Dida was rumored to be on the chopping block. I guess he wants to be Italy's version of Carleton Sheets.
dst
^^
biggrin.gif

The timing seems bad but recent rumours about Buffon helped the team focus last time against United! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.