Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Maldini: "I'll welcome Shevchenko with open arms."
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
Portman
Shevchenko Welcome With Open Arms - Maldini 

Paolo Maldini has declared that Andriy Shevchenko will be welcomed back to the club with open arms.

Over the past month, there has been speculation that Shevchenko, unsettled at Chelsea, could be on the way back to Milan.

The player himself has asked for a chance to prove himself at Stamford Bridge, but Mourinho has been critical of him, and it is widely rumoured that they will let the Ukrainian go if they can nab David Villa - who can complement Drogba better.

However, there has been just as much debate about how he will be received, should he decide to return to the red and black half of Milan.

Skipper Paolo Maldini made it amply clear from his perspective.

"Every player that leaves Milan regrets that decision, but at the same time the club never forgets who gave a lot to this jersey," he said on Milan Channel.

"Milan never has bad blood with anyone, and I think that this is the secret and the philosophy that has made the difference over these years.

"From this base, it is easy to say that Sheva would always be welcomed with open arms."

Maybe... as a scout in 5-6 years? rolleyes.gif
jefri91
This is coming from the captain himself.
You guys still hate him now?
Tennie
It's always interesting to me to see what bits the journalists pull from the interviews posted on the club website. This is one of those articles.

The full interview is worth a read if anyone has time/inclination.
dst
Look closer, read between the lines... basically follow Tennie's advice!
misha
I don't think it will happen. But if it can work or not we never know. All we can do is to speculate. Most of the people thought to buy Ronaldo is a wrong move too...
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ May 16 2007, 05:17 PM)
I don't think it will happen. But if it can work or not we never know. All we can do is to speculate. Most of the people thought to buy Ronaldo is a wrong move too...

Ronaldo is different, he doesn't have the history Sheva has with us. I don't think any of the fans would really accept him back like they did before.

And I am definately skeptical about the working out part.

The past has thought us that come backs have never worked for us. And I don't think it will happen with Sheva.

With that said I don't think it will even happen. The possibility of Sheva coming back is slim to none. I can't imagine Milan paying more then £10m for him and Chelsea wouldn't want to make such a huge loss on him. Secondly I don't see Sheva as someone that if he has failed and laballed as a flop in his supposed new challenge to pack his bags and leave with his tail between his legs. I think he will stay there to prove that he is not finished.

On a last thought, Sheva is part of our past and he should remain that way. We need to move forward. Both for his sake and the club's, we can't bring him back for imotional reasons when it clearly wouldn't be the right move for the club
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 16 2007, 09:24 PM)
Ronaldo is different, he doesn't have the history Sheva has with us. I don't think any of the fans would really accept him back like they did before.

And I am definately skeptical about the working out part.

The past has thought us that come backs have never worked for us. And I don't think it will happen with Sheva.

Some would and some wouldn't .

I think there is a good chance for this to do work out , I just think it won't happen at all.

Like who?
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ May 16 2007, 06:41 PM)
Some would and some wouldn't .

I think there is a good chance for this to do work out , I just think it won't happen at all.

Like who?

Well who knows, but I can't see many accpeting him the way they did before.

I don't think it will happen either, there will be too many complications in trying to bring him back, and I can't see him moving his family to Italy again when they are probably still settleing in in London

Sacchi, Cappello, Gullit... Those are the high profile ones that proved to be disasters
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 16 2007, 10:00 PM)
Well who knows, but I can't see many accpeting him the way they did before.

I don't think it will happen either, there will be too many complications in trying to bring him back, and I can't see him moving his family to Italy again when they are probably still settleing in in London

Sacchi, Cappello, Gullit... Those are the high profile ones that proved to be disasters

You never know , but many remember what he did for Milan and I think would glad to see him back.

Yes. And I think he would try to prove to himself that he can make it there

Coaches is a different thing. Gullit was 32 and in the end of his career. Technically he never left since he was only on loan at Sampdoria
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ May 16 2007, 07:12 PM)
Coaches is a different thing. Gullit was 32 and in the end of his career. Technically he never left since he was only on loan at Sampdoria

I think Gullit was sold, he had one of his best seasons at Samp and they resigned him, but Silvio decided that he wasn't living up to expectations in his returning season and sold him again after just a few months.

And Sheva will be 31 next year so there isn't really such a big difference.

I personally don't want him to come back, and not because of that betrayal BS but because I think it would be a wrong move for the club to bring him back. It would be a step back on our front
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 16 2007, 10:16 PM)
I think Gullit was sold, he had one of his best seasons at Samp and they resigned him, but Silvio decided that he wasn't living up to expectations in his returning season and sold him again after just a few months.

And Sheva will be 31 next year so there isn't really such a big difference.

My mistake. I confused him with somebody else

For some 32 is the end and for some 34 and for some 38.
Warchant
people can be pissed and hate them all they want too...the whole situation left a bad taste even in my mouth

but i think that the second he steps back on the pitch in the San Siro the stadium will blow up...the thought of him in a milan jersey again sends chills down my spine.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ May 16 2007, 11:02 PM)
people can be pissed and hate them all they want too...the whole situation left a bad taste even in my mouth

but i think that the second he steps back on the pitch in the San Siro the stadium will blow up...the thought of him in a milan jersey again sends chills down my spine.

The only thought that would keep me sane, is seeing our attack, next season, consist of Shevchenko and Ronaldo.

That would be an explosive mix when you have a player like Kaka pegging them ..

As far as having him back; I don't think I would ever look at him with the utmost respect that I used to have for him. Plus, he isn't the same 26 yr old that used to explode against any defense that faces us. He is class, but I don't think he can repeat what he used to do ..
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ May 16 2007, 07:28 PM)
For some 32 is the end and for some 34 and for some 38.

Of course, but you have also got to consider the position they play in, 38 for a defender is not as old as it is for a striker for example.

Anyway, I think all this Sheva talk is just empty. The chances of him coming back are probably lower then 10% imo
pacang
ugh.. did he really said that?
dst
QUOTE (pacang @ May 17 2007, 06:54 PM)
ugh.. did he really said that?

Yes, it's on the official site.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.