Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 23.5.07- Milan vs Liverpool
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22
misha
2006-2007 UEFA Champions' League final

Wednesday, 23 May 2007, 20:45 CET

Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece
Rossoneri7
REVENGE !!!!!!!!
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 3 2007, 12:28 AM)
REVENGE !!!!!!!!

Big time.

This will be the day we all waited since Istanbul. Finally a chance to bury all these daemons from that cursed game.
fresh_prince7
How do you know we'll get the red and black strip for the final?
Rossoneri7
Milan will thrash Liverfool !!!!

We will make them feel that revenge is a b1tch !!!!!!

Gattuso and Maldini will want this more than anyone else ... Kaka has never won a CL !!!

And Dida will get his chance to show the WHOLE WIDE WORLD that he is the #1 KEEPER !!!!!!

Grande Milan
misha
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ May 3 2007, 12:55 AM)
How do you know we'll get the red and black strip for the final?

The home team get to choose their kits. We are a 'home' team for this game and our preferred and main kit is red & black. Also we played in white in 2005 final and I don't think Milan would go for it again
Bluesummers
I PREFER RED AND BLACK ALL THE WAY. COMON RIISE, I WANT YOU TO TRY AND STOP KAKA! TIME FOR REVENGE! THIS FINAL IS FOR MALDINI. FORZA MILAN.

We have proved to the world that milan is one of the best! A final from this season!!! A season which most people thought we wouldnt' get to the quarters! Carlo is a brilliant man, what a difficult job. Most people would crack and go nuts and try to leave like our previous number 7, but thanks to everyones effort and kaka's brilliance we made it to the final. I have to say that kaka is doing perfectly covering for the lack of finishing.
dst
Keep it down guys... it's not a walk in the park! sleep.gif
redbabies
what worries me is the tag of favourite that we will be considered.

I want people to consider it 50-50 devil.gif
jefri91
I Liverpool to be the favourites, so less pressure on our players....
anyhoo I really hope we win smile.gif
Portman
Vendetta.
jefri91
ummmmmmmm are we home or away?
andi_sant
It's time for revenge devil.gif

My prediction:

Milan 3-0 Liverpool (Kaka hattrick) devilsmiley.gif

If we can beat MU, why can't we beat the other English team? biggrin.gif

FORZA MILAN
Portman
QUOTE (jefri91 @ May 3 2007, 12:03 AM)
ummmmmmmm are we home or away?

This time... we're the home team.
andi_sant
QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 06:12 AM)
This time... we're the home team.

By the way, 2 years ago we're also the home team.

We should wear the home jersey (red black) but we use the away jersey (white).

As you know, we loose sad.gif

This time we must wear the red black jersey devil.gif
misha
Maldini sets sights on Athens

Paolo Maldini missed the second leg through injury, but is confident of playing in the Champions League Final against Liverpool.

“I am not used to being on the sidelines, so it was painful for me. I knew the team was in good shape and we have proved once again that back in October when we said we’d reach Athens those were not just words,” said the Milan legend.

“Despite all the injuries and various other problems that we have dealt with, we have been brilliant and I am proud to be captain of a team like this.” king.gif king.gif

Maldini played in the first leg 3-2 defeat at Old Trafford, but went off at half-time with a recurring knee problem.

“I have a similar injury to the one I had last season, so I have every intention of carrying on next term. If we had been eliminated I would’ve undergone surgery immediately, but instead I will do everything I can to be ready for the Final in Athens.”

The clash is against Liverpool, a repeat of the 2005 Final that Milan lost on penalties despite Maldini getting an early goal.

“It will be my eighth Final and after two years we still want to take centre stage. This side is not afraid of anything.”
Portman
QUOTE (andi_sant @ May 3 2007, 12:47 AM)
By the way, 2 years ago we're also the home team.

We should wear the home jersey (red black) but we use the away jersey (white).

As you know, we loose  sad.gif

This time we must wear the red black jersey  devil.gif

Oh, we chose the white one? I didn't know. Maybe because he was our "lucky" kit until Istanbul (never lost with that one in the CL final).

This time, I believe we're going to be as usual - rossoneri (red and black).
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ May 3 2007, 01:03 AM)
The home team get to choose their kits. We are a 'home' team for this game and our preferred and main kit is red & black. Also we played in white in 2005 final and I don't think Milan would go for it again

Actually Milan had the choice of choosing between the home gear and the away ... and in 2005, they opted for the white ... Paolo said something about them playing in the white gear in several finals and that it is a trade mark or something like that ... Still, I would like for Milan to play in the red and black
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ May 3 2007, 02:51 AM)
I have every intention of carrying on next term. If we had been eliminated I would’ve undergone surgery immediately, but instead I will do everything I can to be ready for the Final in Athens.”

Grande Paolo !!!! He will continue with Milan next season devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Darunia
Red and Black this year definitely! Gotta get away from comparisons to Istanbul.

Cmon, this could be a defining moment for Kaka & Co.

Forza Milan!
fresh_prince7
I think we hadn't lost in white in a final or something..
bigmacmtl
i said this before and i'll say it again, my dream is for us to play poorly and play well for 6 minutes and win the game, so those scousers can see what it feels like... that or a thrashing! as long as we win!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ May 3 2007, 04:23 AM)
i said this before and i'll say it again, my dream is for us to play poorly and play well for 6 minutes and win the game, so those scousers can see what it feels like... that or a thrashing! as long as we win!

I would go for a thrashing wink.gif Actually, the whole team would go for a thrashing devilsmiley.gif

................................................................................

I wouldn't be surprised if the media criticized Milan again and again. To the contrary, I think Milan performs better under such pressure. Liverfool won it in 2005 ?? Well, Milan were robbed in 2005 and as much as I cant accept the reality. This chance on the 23rd of May is a chance to show the whole world again, of what caliber Milan is. In 2005, Milan dominated the match for 84 mins of the game, then in extra time it was all Milan. But Liverfool were lucky and Rafa surprised Carlo IMO.

This time around, Milan have so much motivation and incentive in beating Liverfool.

1) Revenge
2) Paolo ends his career on a high note
3) A chance to make a whole nation proud
4) Making Inter bitter biggrin.gif
5) Retaining a title that they clearly deserved and deserve !
javierk128
his time around, Milan have so much motivation and incentive in beating Liverfool.

1) Revenge
2) Paolo ends his career on a high note
3) A chance to make a whole nation proud
4) Making Inter bitter biggrin.gif
5) Retaining a title that they clearly deserved and deserve !

+6) Kaká will demostrate he´s the best player in this world king.gif

the only thing i wouldn´t like to hear from the fans ir arrogance, it´s another match, of course i want to win (i wouldn´t be a milanfan if i wouldn´t wish it) but, we should be a little bit quiet, and do not think we´re already the CL champions, let´s play the way we did it today and celebrate this champions league with our team cool.gif wub.gif devilsmiley.gif king.gif
Rossoneri7
Galliani: Let's Enjoy The Final 

The vice-President of the Rossoneri declared that the entire Milan squad will be confirmed for next season and no player or coach will leave the team this summer.

An extremely happy Adriano Galliani commented the Rossoneri's triumph over Manchester United, sending also messages to those who doubted Milan's strength at the start of the season.

"Let's enjoy the final, the eight one of Berlusconi as President. It's a wonderful present of a marvellous team. We proved our many critics wrong who wrote last summer things which were not nice about us."

Galliani has no doubt that the entire squad should stay on for next season, including Carlo Ancelotti.

"I want to confirm all of this team, even the players who are 38 years-old because with people like them we reach the Champions League final, whereas changing team every year and playing with young kids you don't.

"From Milan no one is leaving, and whoever we want to stay will remain. Ancelotti has a contract also for next year, don't worry."

Galliani also poked fun at rivals Inter for not making it this far in the competition.

"Now I'm not thinking about Liverpool. Playing a final is an excellent result, winning it or also losing it like two years ago against Liverpool is very different from being eliminated before like other teams. Let's see if we shall transform a final into a win."

And ur right Galliani king.gif Experience is something vital for any team's success cool.gif

Berlusconi Wants Champions League Trophy Back

The Milan President was over the moon following his side's impressive 3-0 win against Manchester United in the second leg of the Champions League semi-final.

A brilliant display, just like the ones Silvio Berlusconi enjoys, allowed the Rossoneri to reach the final of Europe's most important competition.

An achievement which definitely made the President of Milan a happy man as he sent a 'subtle' message to rivals Inter.

"Milan remembered its mission: to be stronger than envy and injustice," commented Berlusconi at the end of the encounter which will be remembered for many years to come.

"Now let's take back the trophy back which we gave away to Liverpool in 2005."

Berlusconi also said how he congratulated Coach Carlo Ancelotti in unusual fashion following the end of the match.

"I went down to the dressing rooms to tell our coach that he was fired. Obviously it was a joke. I think that we shall still have to bear him for a long time."

Silvio has a weired sense of humor biggrin.gif

Goal.com
arivanjj
this is our time!

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 3 2007, 06:17 PM)
Silvio has a weired sense of humor biggrin.gif

Goal.com

laugh.gif , must've given Carlo a heart-attack.
redbabies
I can see Genaro running 20km in this match (his avg is about 12km per match biggrin.gif)

Making about 35 succesful tackles

And encouriging the fans with his unique gesture
redbabies
I can see Genaro running 20km in this match (his avg is about 12km per match biggrin.gif)

Making about 35 succesful tackles

And encouriging the fans with his unique gesture
Portman
http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...es+Milan+repeat

Rafa predicted the final some months ago. ohmy.gif

This time we have a job to finish. But we must not underestimate Liverpool. They beat Barcelona and Chelsea.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 11:06 PM)

Rafa predicted the final some months ago.  ohmy.gif

This time we have a job to finish. But we must not underestimate Liverpool. They beat Barcelona and Chelsea.

and we beat MAN U tongue.gif

no seriously, i think it'll be a tight match, but i just get this feeling that we'll be more determined to do better!
redbabies
and his prediction ends with a Liverpool win.

but ok ok, he can't say Milan will win it tongue.gif
dst
Damn! I have thought of nothing else all day long!! huh.gif ohmy.gif

QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 04:06 PM)

Rafa predicted the final some months ago.  ohmy.gif

Yep I remember that, too bad for him that his prediction will turn out to be a disaster!! cool.gif devil.gif
jefri91
liverfool we will **** you
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (jefri91 @ May 3 2007, 02:12 PM)
liverfool we will **** you

Right this mentality has worked so far this CL....

I'm quite nervous for this game, not sure if we can do it...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ May 3 2007, 06:20 PM)
Right this mentality has worked so far this CL....

I'm quite nervous for this game, not sure if we can do it...

So has this mentality biggrin.gif
Portman
I'm confident. I'm even confident in Kaladze. rolleyes.gif

The sky must be red & black on 23rd May night.

*EDIT*

Just for curiosity, a pool on a portuguese sports newspaper website:

Who's going to win the CL? wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 06:33 PM)
Who's going to win the CL?  wink.gif

If Milan made it this far ... They are gonna win this cup for so many different reasons wink.gif
Tennie
Even the Juve fans of my acquaintance are sure Milan is going to win. It's a bit surreal, Juve fans actually rooting /for/ Milan
Portman
RAFA: MILAN WILL BE DANGEROUS OPPONENTS

The Reds have enjoyed their celebrations since beating Chelsea on Tuesday night but Benitez is now keen to remind his players that the hard work is only just starting and that they'll be facing a side desperate to avenge their final misery in Istanbul.

While the Liverpool manager is keen to stress his side is superior to the one which triumphed in the Ataturk Stadium, he also believes Carlo Ancelotti's men have upped their level.

"It's clear we are going to play a team with players with a great attitude and quality," said Benitez.

"You could see by how hard they worked last night. They are desperate to win the Champions League, and after what happened two years ago we must be very careful. They are a very dangerous opponent for us.

"We enjoyed the day on Tuesday, but now that's gone and we must focus on the final. The hard work for the players begins now. The final is not today, it is in a few weeks time and we must start our preparation from this moment.

"Some people think because we won two years ago and we also beat Chelsea we will do it again, but this is not the right message. You do not win a trophy for winning a semi-final. Playing well in the final is what's important now.

"They are strong in every position. Defensively they are good, they have excellent strikers and in players like Gattuso and Kaka they have two of the best players in the world.

"They are a team we will show a lot of respect to. I have said many times we are stronger now than we were two years ago, but I also believe Milan is a better side than they were when we last played each other."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/

@Tennie: Of course they're (Juventus fans) supporting Milan in the final. Heysel Park? rolleyes.gif
In fact, in Italy the only ones that are praying for Liverpool are the Interisti. Just imagine Milan outshining them AGAIN and specially this year when they thought they were the real top-side in Italy.
agenth
for some reasons liverpool are the underdiogs with the bookies... that's weird

I mean I'm not overly confident...

BUT REVENGE IS SWEET!!!
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 07:09 PM)
@Tennie: Of course they're (Juventus fans) supporting Milan in the final. Heysel Park?  rolleyes.gif
In fact, in Italy the only ones that are praying for Liverpool are the Interisti. Just imagine Milan outshining them AGAIN and specially this year when they thought they were the real top-side in Italy.

It's nor just Heysel Park. All Italians fans (except Inter) wants us to win in order to prove everyone what Italian football worth. WC and CL in the same year is a big boost for Italy.

I'm very confident cool.gif
redbabies
I found something interesting in acmilan.com from a Milan fan, who sent a message with the following words:
Luca: 'In Munich we took Gila to Manchester. Yesterday we took Paolo Maldini to Athens. Now, we need to take Ronie to Tokyo.'

good one, right? king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ May 3 2007, 03:33 PM)
I'm confident. I'm even confident in Kaladze.  rolleyes.gif

The sky must be red & black on 23rd May night.

*EDIT*

Just for curiosity, a pool on a portuguese sports newspaper website:

Who's going to win the CL?  wink.gif

They're trying to jinx us for schooling Ronaldo mad.gif mad.gif

I don't want to be the favourite in this one, the last time we were the red hot favourites and look what happened.

Seriously...I don't know what I would do if we lost this again to Liverpool sad.gif sad.gif
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 3 2007, 11:38 PM)
Seriously...I don't know what I would do if we lost this again to Liverpool  sad.gif  sad.gif

Yes , if by any chance we won't win, it will be extremely hard to accept sad.gif but we are going to kill them.
kurtsimonw
The majority of people I know are desperate to see Liverpool lift the trophy.

This includes United and Everton fans. You know life's hit a new low when you want your biggest rivals to be champions of Europe. rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 3 2007, 08:47 PM)
The majority of people I know are desperate to see Liverpool lift the trophy.

This includes United and Everton fans. You know life's hit a new low when you want your biggest rivals to be champions of Europe.  rolleyes.gif

Most Man U fans I know want us to beat Liverpool
Tennie
(Actually, my friend the Juve fan was supporting Milan against Bayern and Manchester, much to my surprise. Now, however, Heysel is really a big part of things. I've also heard from a friend who's a Roma fan. He's said he'll cheer passionately for Milan to win -- except he won't cheer for Nesta and Oddo, the former Lazio players).
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ May 3 2007, 08:48 PM)
(Actually, my friend the Juve fan was supporting Milan against Bayern and Manchester, much to my surprise. Now, however, Heysel is really a big part of things. I've also heard from a friend who's a Roma fan. He's said he'll cheer passionately for Milan to win -- except he won't cheer for Nesta and Oddo, the former Lazio players).

I can understand a Juve fan wanting us to beat Liverpool, but United and Bayern is quite the surprise.

Then again I'd want Juve to wipe the floor with any English team they came up against.
Warchant
i feel very confident about this game! i knew we would beat bayern, i knew we would beat man u, and i know we will beat liverpool! can't wait for the 23rd!
dst
If there's something I do know about is that Milan won't enter the green with arrogance even if UEFA decide to give us a 15 goals lead!

The team knows how to handle this game.

There are going to be a lot of Liverpool fans in the stadium. Many Greek people support Liverpool (damn nation!!). This lazy nation like the fact that Liverpool are football's Britney Spears! They are so... pop, so... "digestible"! "You'll never walk alone" my ***... like Maldini ever needed confirmation! rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.