Full Version: 06/05/07 - Serie A - Milan v Fiorentina
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3
Portman
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 35

Milan v Fiorentina

Sunday, 6th of May, 2007*

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)*

With 5 wins in a row for Serie A... the next victim is Viola - good team that wants the 4th place. A must-win to get the 3rd spot.

Forza Milan!

(*Date and Time still to be confirmed)
arivanjj
should be an entertaining match. looking forward to it!
Rossoneri7
Too early Porty too early .. U and han are in a race of some sort .. But I don't know really tongue.gif
dst
I just hope we get into this game with a high morale! wink.gif
jefri91
Thread Hoggers sad.gif
I'm going to pwn you guys by making threads for the next 3 matches laugh.gif ..... should've not said that unsure.gif
Darunia
Gila is suspended, so probably Oli and Ronaldo starting up front.
kurtsimonw
I can't wait to see this one, will be a cracker. wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 28 2007, 07:03 PM)
Too early Porty too early .. U and han are in a race of some sort .. But I don't know really tongue.gif

From left to right: han, pKill and me. cool.gif

PS: dst is that guy next to the first tree. wink.gif
arivanjj
laugh.gif laugh.gif
dst
Yep. I can confirm it, that's me... but why I should I bother bring my Ferrari (I actually got two, a Testarossa and an F355) up for this race, she would hardly face any competition... although I think pKiller has some extra rocket move hidden.

Porsche... I never liked those machines...
KillerMax
LOL @ han! laugh.gif

So I have a Ford? dry.gif dst wanna trade places?
jefri91
I'm the guy taking the picture tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 29 2007, 06:40 PM)
LOL @ han! laugh.gif

So I have a Ford? dry.gif dst wanna trade places?

dry.gif dry.gif

Well at least I get to go through traffic with my little Mo Ped. The only drawback is if Inter fans see me with it, they might throw me off the second tier in San Siro biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
should be a good match. Doesn't really matter if we win tie or lose. We have secured 4th to a good position. being 3rd or 4th doesn't really make that much of a difference to me.
Darunia
I don't care about the result, but I'd use this lineup:

Dida

Cafu Nesta Bonera Favalli

Brocchi Pirlo Seedorf

Kaka

R. Oliveira Ronaldo
dst
LOL!

What is this, we're in the final, baby!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
I don't really care about this match anymore ... I don't care about any other match anymore ... The whole team could play below par and I'd still be proud !

Still,. I predict a win by Milan. La Viola will be too scared to come out against this Milan side. After the game against United, I doubt there is any side that can actually step into a football field against Milan without their legs shaking.

Predictions: 2-0 Milan king.gif
han2503
I wouldn't be surprised if we lost this one, the players are still probably on a high
javierk128
we should play only with subs+Ronaldo, we have to care about the final, beside that.. i don´t want any injury on the team...

i´d go like this.

-------------Kalac---------------
Cafú---Simic--Bonera--Favalli
-----------Ambrosini-----------
------Brocchi---Serginho-------
-----------Gourcuff-------------
-----Oliveira---Ronaldo--------

This way sergio will gain some minutes if anything happens in athens, gourcuff would have more responsabilities on the team, allowing us to see how he carry this team on...

PS: i don´t really care about this match, we are in the CL FINAL...

PS: we have R99 devilsmiley.gif

Edit: i forgot the prediction tongue.gif

Milan 2- 0 Fiorentina
han2503
QUOTE (javierk128 @ May 3 2007, 04:30 PM)
we should play only with subs+Ronaldo, we have to care about the final, beside that.. i don´t want any injury on the team...

i´d go like this.

-------------Kalac---------------
Cafú---Simic--Bonera--Favalli
-----------Ambrosini-----------
------Brocchi---Serginho-------
-----------Gourcuff-------------
-----Oliveira---Ronaldo--------

This way sergio will gain some minutes if anything happens in athens, gourcuff would have more responsabilities on the team, allowing us to see how he carry this team on...

PS: i don´t really care about this match, we are in the CL FINAL...

PS: we have R99  devilsmiley.gif

Edit: i forgot the prediction  tongue.gif

Milan 2- 0 Fiorentina

Ambro is someone that we should store in a safe and take him out just before the final.

We can't risk him getting injured, he is part of the puzzle that has made this team work so well in the CL. So we can't afford to risk him in any shape or form.

Anyway I personally would like to see this team against Fiorentina

Cafu--Bonera--Kaladze--Favalli
---Gourcuff--Brocchi--Sergio---
-----Oliveira--Pippo--Ronnie----

Basically give a VERY DESERVED rest to the guys that played last night, except for Kala who needs more matches under his belt to get back into the swing of things.

Cafu and Favalli have both been immense in Serie A these past few weeks, so give Oddo and Janku some rest also.

Pirlo, Seedorf, Kaka and Rino, should be given a very deserved rest, especially Rino who played like a possessed man yesterday and I noticed that he was limping yesterday while they where all celebrating, so if he has anything then he needs to sit out for as long as it takes to be back 100% for the final.

Oli and Ronnie flanking either Pippo or Gila in a 3 man attack, with Oli drifting more to the wings and reliesing some of the pressure he has with scoring.

Imo giving Pippo more time to get back his match fitness is essential, but we shouldn't over do it, so replace him with Gila at some point in the match.

But giving the guys that played yesterday a rest is the most important thing imo. We need to get them as fresh as possible for the final and we need to keep everyone injury free. So Ambro should definately stay away from playing until we touch down in Athens cool.gif
kurtsimonw
At han: Glad you see the worth in Ambro, he really is key for us. With seedorf's lacking defensive ability, he really helps out in the midfield.
arivanjj
Toni out of Milan test

Fiorentina will travel to San Siro without star striker Luca Toni, but Cesare Prandelli assures his side will take plenty of shots at Milan.

The 2006 Golden Boot winner has been struggling with an ankle problem for some time and was a major doubt to start Sunday’s game, but he has not even made the trip.

Instead Giampaolo Pazzini is again expected to partner Reginaldo and Adrian Mutu in a trident attack.

“We are taking on a great side in a difficult stadium,” noted Coach Prandelli.

“We have worked very hard on a tactical level, but above all I asked my lads to shoot for goal every time they get the slightest opportunity.”

With Nelson Dida looking shaky this season and the Rossoneri tired from their midweek Champions League mauling of Manchester United, Fiorentina hope to take advantage.

“There will probably be a real battle in midfield with a fight for every ball. We need an important and determined performance – I know we have the players with the personality to do that.”

Toni is not the only absentee for Prandelli, as Alessandro Potenza, Tomas Ujfalusi, Marco Donadel and Mario Alberto Santana are also sidelined.

“I will again field Martin Jorgensen as a right-back,” revealed the Coach after the successful experiment in last week’s 1-0 win over Chievo.

“I ask him to make the most of his experience and tactical intelligence.”

Captain Dario Dainelli is a doubt after spending the week in bed with a serious flu that is reported to have seen him lose 3kg. If he fails to recover, then Per Kroldrup will take the central defensive role.

“We must not forget that Milan are in the Final of the Champions League. It was a remarkable achievement and I am happy they answered the criticism that rained down on Italian football.”

Fiorentina squad: Alex, Blasi, Brivio, Dainelli, Di Carmine, Frey, Gamberini, Gobbi, Jorgensen, Kroldrup, Kuzmanovic, Liverani, Lupatelli, Manfredini, Montolivo, Mutu, Pasqual, Pazienza, Pazzini, Reginaldo.

Channel4
arivanjj
good news!
Ry4n
Isnt Ronaldo injured for this match
arivanjj
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ May 5 2007, 11:37 PM)

sad.gif

it's not confirmed yet
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ May 5 2007, 01:15 PM)
“We must not forget that Milan are in the Final of the Champions League. It was a remarkable achievement and I am happy they answered the criticism that rained down on Italian football.”

I always knew this guy was class king.gif king.gif

QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ May 5 2007, 01:37 PM)

They are still saying he's a doubt, but I would be very surprised if we actually see him play.

So we only have Pippo, Oli and Boriello for this match since Gila is suspended.
Darunia
Carlo said we'll start with Oli or Pippo up alone =/

Carlo Ancelotti concedes he must shelve his squad rotation against Fiorentina with the news that Ronaldo will be out for at least a fortnight.

“This injury does irritate me a little,” confessed the Milan Coach. “It’s a shame as he was on good form, now he must sit out some crucial games. I hope he can play again this season, even if he will be out for at least 15 days, as a muscular problem needs time to heal.”

Il Fenomeno pulled up during training with a thigh strain and, although more tests are needed, he will be sidelined for between two and four weeks.

With Paolo Maldini injured and Alberto Gilardino suspended, this means Ancelotti cannot rotate the squad the way he wanted to against Fiorentina on Sunday.

“The tactical system we use without Ronaldo will depend on the individual games and how we want to play. I don’t think we will modify our approach, though.”

Pippo Inzaghi is expected to start, just as he did in the midweek 3-0 Champions League demolition of Manchester United.

“Gennaro Gattuso picked up a knock he has not yet fully recovered from. It’s difficult to get him fit for Sunday, but not impossible. It will be either Ricardo Oliveira or Inzaghi upfront, not both together.”

So Kaka is confirmed in his new position as a support striker with Clarence Seedorf as Trequartista in Serie A as well as Europe.

“Tomorrow’s match is decisive to secure fourth place and the sooner we do that, the better we can prepare for the Final in Athens,” said Ancelotti.

“Fiorentina have had a great season and without the Calciopoli penalty we have more or less the same number of points. They are to consider a remarkable squad with real potential upfront, but after Manchester I saw confidence in my players.”

The Viola are weakened by the absence of Luca Toni, who has not even made the trip to San Siro due to an ankle injury.

“Giampaolo Pazzini is one of the quality youngsters coming through and is proving his worth as a top striker.”

Inevitably, the Rossoneri’s attention is already creeping towards Athens, where they will face Liverpool in a repeat of the 2005 Champions League Final, lost on penalties after leading 3-0.

“In 2005 we arrived at the final stages of the season completely drained, but this year we have improved our fitness levels at the right time,” explained the boss.

“What happened in Istanbul was a unique event, it never happened before and never will again. I don’t just remember the 3-3 result, but also the performance in which Milan dominated for 114 of the 120 minutes.”

Milan have struggled in Serie A though and rivals Inter stoked the fire by pointing out they won both the derbies 4-3 and 2-1.

“So? I’d say it was about time, because if you look at the statistics then in the last few years we had always won. Inter had to get a look in eventually,” smiled Ancelotti.

The official club website joined in by listing the recent record, including three derbies won in 2004-05 between Serie A and the Champions League quarter-finals.

ROSSONERI SQUAD FOR FIORENTINA
5/5/2007
KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Borriello, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.
| |
jefri91
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 5 2007, 02:56 PM)
Carlo said we'll start with Oli or Pippo up alone =/
ROSSONERI SQUAD FOR FIORENTINA
5/5/2007
KEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Serginho, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Borriello, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.
  |    |

If Carlo doesnt start Serginho.... I will stab him mad.gif
Darunia
Serginho hasn't started all year, so I don't think he will start tomorrow.

Seedorf had a fever, but has been included in the squad, maybe Gourcuff will get the start.
Il Capitano
Everyone who didn't play against Man u should start this game.
dst
QUOTE (Il Capitano @ May 6 2007, 02:23 AM)
Everyone who didn't play against Man u should start this game.

LOL that would be...

Kalac
Bonera, Billy, Simic, Grimi
Brocchi, Gourcuff, Serginho
Favalli
Oliveira, Borriello

laugh.gif

If that ever happens I'm going to be a monk!
Darunia
Well don't put Favalli as AMF =/

Kalac
Simic, Bonera, Favalli, Grimi
Brocchi, Costacurta, Serginho
Gourcuff
Oliveira, Boriello

There you go cool.gif
dst
Favalli has a sense for goal... cool.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Darunia @ May 6 2007, 09:52 AM)
Simic, Bonera, Favalli, Grimi
Brocchi, Costacurta, Serginho

biggrin.gif

we need to secure 3rd or 4th place as soon as possible so it doesn't interfere with the CL Final!
Darunia
We'll prob play this:

Dida
Cafu-Nesta-Bonera-Favalli
Brocchi-Pirlo-Ambro
Kaka-Gourcuff
Inzaghi

I want a win devil.gif Forza Milan!

Mainly, I want us to get a good result at home, and I want to see Gourcuff get another start and Oli some playing time, plus getting Inzaghi a goal would be nice.
arivanjj
i can not stand another game without seeing OLI mad.gif realmad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ May 5 2007, 11:42 PM)
LOL that would be...

Kalac
Bonera, Billy, Simic, Grimi
Brocchi, Gourcuff, Serginho
Favalli
Oliveira, Borriello

laugh.gif

If that ever happens I'm going to be a monk!

I love hove you put Favallinho as our attacing mid cool.gif
aLbErTo
i think that oliveira should get his 90 minutes, i would rather take attacker from primavera then borriello, he has proven his stuff...

dida
cafu-simic-bonera-favalli
brocchi-ambro-serginho
gourcuff
oliveira-???
han2503
I think we should play like this.

Cafu--Nesta--Kala/Bonera--Favalli
------Brocchi---Pirlo---Sergio------
-----------Kaka--Gourcuff-----------
---------------Oliveira----------------
Rossoneri7
I would go with han's, but with Inzaghi up front king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ May 6 2007, 11:47 AM)
I would go with han's, but with Inzaghi up front king.gif

Milan channel said it will probably be Oli who starts.

Anyway, this is the probable line up they put out a few minutes ago.

Cafu--Nesta--Kala--Favalli
---Rino---Pirlo---Ambro---
-------Kaka--Seedorf------
------------Oli---------------

I guess Carlo really wants to win this so he could concentrate only on the CL the next 3 weeks after this match
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 6 2007, 10:03 PM)
Milan channel said it will probably be Oli who starts.

Anyway, this is the probable line up they put out a few minutes ago.

Cafu--Nesta--Kala--Favalli
---Rino---Pirlo---Ambro---
-------Kaka--Seedorf------
------------Oli---------------

I guess Carlo really wants to win this so he could concentrate only on the CL the next 3 weeks after this match

and he should

i like the line-up
aLbErTo
OFFICIAL:

MILAN: Dida; Cafu, Nesta, Kaladze, Favalli; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini; Kakà, Serginho; Ricardo Oliveira
FIORENTINA: Frey; Jorgensen, Kroldrup, Gamberini, Pasqual; Pazienza, Liverani, Montolivo; Reginaldo, Pazzini, Mutu
arivanjj
nice to see Oli and Sergio playing.

guess Seedorf is still exhausted from CL
jefri91
OMG ESERGINHO ??!?!?!? I LOVW YOUI CARLO ANECELOOOOTIIIII
Tennie
There was a report somewhere that Seedorf is sick (some otherwise unexplained fever). Good to see Serginho in there!
jefri91
10 mins until game start???
let's beat these mofos mad.gif
fresh_prince7
How many points do we need to close out the champions league spot?
jefri91
not much i hope
han2503
I think it's 5 points.

Anyway, game just about to start FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.