Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 02/05/07 Milan - Man. United
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
KillerMax
Champions League 2006/07 - 1/2 final (2nd leg)

Semi-finals - 02 May 2007 20:45 (CET) - Stadio Giuseppe Meazza - Milan

Time: 19:45 (UK), 20:45 (IT)
KillerMax
1-1

That's my prediction. Now only if Rino is fit to play...
blue_prince
have to score at least 2 goals in two half.
Portman
I want to know how bad was the injury on Gattuso.
misha
3:1 ( Kaka, Pirlo ,Pippo)

Our best players won't be playing until this game. Hopefully Rino and Paolo will recover in time and Pippo need to start.
Darunia
Bonera may not be able to handle the pressure, hopefully Maldini will be ready, same with Gattuso.

If they're not, we should try this:

Dida

Oddo - Nesta - Bonera - Jankulovski

Ambrosini - Pirlo - Gourcuff

Kaka - Seedorf

Inzaghi

Gennaro Gattuso was furious at himself for suffering an injury, but promised to “do battle” in the second leg.

Milan were leading 2-1 when Rino was stretchered off with a strain to the sole of his foot and the team went on to lose 3-2 against Manchester United.

“There is a week and I will do everything I can to be there. In any case, we will certainly do battle at San Siro,” said the visibly irritated midfielder.

“I was annoyed to have to leave my teammates. I very rarely leave the field and it really burned me. The result was also painful considering how we played, so obviously we are angry, but don’t worry – we will go for it.

“To reach the Final we need a great performance, but we knew that anyway, even if it had ended 2-2. Now I am convinced the 70,000 fans in San Siro will give us a helping hand.”

Although they have to win in the second leg on May 2, Milan have two away goals at Old Trafford.

“I don’t see any reason why we should be worried. After this match we emerge a strong outfit with real champions and we will go into the second leg relaxed.

“We certainly showed we are a tough side, as we fought back from a goal down to lead and the fans pushed Manchester on to victory. It is not a bad result.”

Gattuso was jeered as he was stretchered off, but did not take it personally from a club he has so often been linked to.

“The fans all over the world are the same. They cheer on their own colours and jeer the opposition, that’s as it should be.

“Those rumours about me and Manchester United have been going for years, but I sweat blood for the Milan jersey and it is part of my life. I want to keep wearing it for a very long time.”

Rino Gattuso suffered a knock to the sole of his foot and left the field due to the pain. However, things are looking optimistic in regards to his condition and for his recovery for Milan-Manchester. He should be there for the return leg at the San Siro. Paolo Maldini’s situation will be evaluated. Patrice Evra will not be able to play because he received a second yellow card tonight and will be suspended for the second leg.
  |    | 
javierk128
simply gattuso king.gif king.gif happy.gif

i think we should play even better to go to the final, i just hope maldini and gattuso recover for this one, and with pippo as our striker
Warchant
2-0

we win
Darunia
A cleansheet? Tough task lately. I hope we win 2-1.
dst
We NEED Rino!

I doubt Paolo will be back but then again he is God... Gattuso will probably make it, the guy's unstoppable!

We must play Nesta and Bonera on Saturday so that they can know each other's moves and stuff. I think Bonera can do fine at San Siro... we'll see, he might be needed. We should rest everybody else against Torino...

Even if we lose that game, it won't do us no harm. And I doubt we will with Ronaldo upfront!
dst
QUOTE ( 'acmilan.com' )
SITUATION WITH GATTUSO AND MALDINI

4/24/2007
Rino Gattuso suffered a knock to the sole of his foot and left the field due to the pain. However, things are looking optimistic in regards to his condition and for his recovery for Milan-Manchester. He should be there for the return leg at the San Siro. Paolo Maldini’s situation will be evaluated. Patrice Evra will not be able to play because he received a second yellow card tonight and will be suspended for the second leg.

Good news!! smile.gif
Rossoneri7
50/50 ... But with the two goal cushion, we have a slight advantage, considering our defensive elapses lately. But United's win is also a very good result for them, considering they have found their way through our defense 3 time.

5 predict a 3-1 (Agg. 5-4) ... But this is IF Maldini and Gattuso play
arivanjj
we have to play this line-up

---------------------Dida----------------------

---Oddo------Nesta-----Maldini-----Sergio---

-----Gattuso-----Pirlo---Ambro/Gourcuff-----

--------------Kaka----------Seedorf-----------

---------------------Pippo---------------------

Sergio has to play this match, Jaknu's crosses last night glued to the ground. with Pippo playing we need those pin point crosses from Serginho.
dst
If Sergio plays Ronaldo will own San Siro!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 25 2007, 03:24 AM)
we have to play this line-up

---------------------Dida----------------------

---Oddo------Nesta-----Maldini-----Sergio---

-----Gattuso-----Pirlo---Ambro/Gourcuff-----

--------------Kaka----------Seedorf-----------

---------------------Pippo---------------------
Sergio has to play this match, Jaknu's crosses last night glued to the ground. with Pippo playing we need those pin point crosses from Serginho.

Don't think Sergio will play this one, but the team definitely miss his pace and crossing. He hasn't played in a long time and it would be a HUGE risk to play him. Maybe check him out in the league to see how he plays, then consider him as a sub for the return. But all that left aside, I think Inzaghi should start this one
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 25 2007, 10:26 AM)
If Sergio plays Ronaldo will own San Siro!

i really can't see how Janku could do better than him
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 25 2007, 03:28 AM)
I think Inzaghi should start this one

Can't be worse than Gila was tonight... rolleyes.gif

But Sergio should certainly NOT play... it's like playing with 3 in the defense, you can't do that against United! Arivanjj, have you forgotten already? Sergio cannot defend, he never could... he's a winger not a full back. Even Kaladze would do better than him defense-wise.
arivanjj
well even if he can't play in left back, he should play for Ambrosini as a winger.
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 25 2007, 03:38 AM)
well even if he can't play in left back, he should play for Ambrosini as a winger.

That he could do. But Ambro is also an important part of the defense... I think only if we're in desperate need of a goal he should come in.
Rossoneri7
Agree, Sergio is not a fullback, but he is one hell of a wing back king.gif

Playing Sergio instead of Ambro is not an option. We should always play with 2DMs along with Pirlo. Cuz we need to keep hold of midfield and maintain a slow tempo.

Sergio would be great for the last 20 mins of the match, just to ripe their defense to shreds, but in the actual playing time, the game has to be won tactically on the pitch and not in our fantasies.
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 25 2007, 10:41 AM)
That he could do. But Ambro is also an important part of the defense... I think only if we're in desperate need of a goal he should come in.

trust me we are in desperate need for goals, and not just 1!. we can't give that much attention to defence cause we all saw what happened last night!
Portman
We'll start with the same team. But we need to simply dominate them the entire 95 or 96' minutes. We can't do the same we did in Old Trafford. Rest the whole team against Torino... play the Primavera - I don't care.

This is the match of the season. San Siro must give us a hand.

sansiro1708
lol u guys that result sucks for man u ...DO u really think they can stand a win or a tie at devilsmiley.gif SAN SIRO devilsmiley.gif
i dont think so .they are going to go directly into SATANS house
a packed SAN SIRO will make us win.
because if we played great for almost an entire match not in our ground...
if all our player were hiped at old trafford . imagine about 80,000 people cheering for our team imagine GATTUSO...do u really think that weak man u defence will stand the sound of the devil.gif 2 MILAN CURVAS devilsmiley.gif ?
idk u guys i like these result
i just have that feeling that we will be unstopable in MILANO
IS A WIN FOR US king.gif rolleyes.gif
FORZA MILAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! devil.gif
Portman
We'll start with the same 11, I've no doubt. United too (maybe some defender back).
fresh_prince7
The nerves already starting to kick in for this return leg. I don't even know what to say about it. Only that let the countdown begin and hopefully we can play out the full game time which would give us every chance of heading to athens.

Just to throw a spanner into the works.. my guts thinking it'll be 1-1. sad.gif
han2503
I'm not very optimistic about this, simply because I'm sure we'll conceed a goal. I'm just hoping Everton really stretch Man U to their limits at the weekend.

Some thing tells me that this will be a draw. The loss of Gattuso and Maldini yesterday was the defining factor for us. If Rino at least was still there we would have never lost control. Brocchi was just running around like a headless chicken for most of the game and the last goal was all down to him.

This is just like the game again Bayern, there is no choice but to win the only slight advantage we have is that we will be in the San Siro. But the fact that Man U are better then Bayern can't be ignored.

I'm so dipressed about how last night went. Simply because we let it slip through our hands. We could have already had one foot into the final by now and now we have to start all over again and nothing but a win will be enough
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2007, 03:35 PM)
I'm not very optimistic about this, simply because I'm sure we'll conceed a goal. I'm just hoping Everton really stretch Man U to their limits at the weekend.

Some thing tells me that this will be a draw. The loss of Gattuso and Maldini yesterday was the defining factor for us. If Rino at least was still there we would have never lost control. Brocchi was just running around like a headless chicken for most of the game and the last goal was all down to him.

This is just like the game again Bayern, there is no choice but to win the only slight advantage we have is that we will be in the San Siro. But the fact that Man U are better then Bayern can't be ignored.

I'm so dipressed about how last night went. Simply because we let it slip through our hands. We could have already had one foot into the final by now and now we have to start all over again and nothing but a win will be enough

I like to think of it this way, as so many have already said, if Milan can't win at the San Siro, Milan doesn't deserve to be in the final. Which should be considered only fair, seeing as Milan simply were majestic for the last part of the first half in OT.

It's either the team play with humility and get through or we can just throw everything away. It will depend on the team's attitude.
jefri91
I have a few questions i hope u guys can answear.

What is Curva? Is it group of people who are the ones who start the chanting and also make these types of things?

and are we going to do something same as the devil thing on the top.
jefri91
and also how many fans are allowed into san siro? San Siro is i think 81,050 , but because of Italion fans killing and etc it went down to 60,000..... or is that only in Serie A??
Rossoneri7
Curva are exactly that ... Expect them to do something spectacular; they always do in semi finals.

The San Siro will only admit 60,000 fans .. It is for all sometitions smile.gif
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:40 PM)
I have a few questions i hope u guys can answear.

What is Curva? Is it group of people who are the ones who start the chanting and also make these types of things?

and are we going to do something same as the devil thing on the top.

The Curvas are the tiers behind the goals. Inter have the Curva nord, on the left hand side of the TV screen Milan the other.

QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:44 PM)
and also how many fans are allowed into san siro? San Siro is i think 81,050 , but because of Italion fans killing and etc it went down to 60,000..... or is that only in Serie A??

I think something like 70,000 is allowed
jefri91
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:49 PM)
Curva are exactly that ... Expect them to do something spectacular; they always do in semi finals.

The San Siro will only admit 60,000 fans .. It is for all sometitions smile.gif

Thx for the info, and also its wierd that yesterday I had no hope whatsoever and thought Man U was going to beat us 2-0. But seeing the fans, the club and everything about them just gives me hope. Maybe we can go to Finals smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 25 2007, 05:04 PM)
Thx for the info, and also its wierd that yesterday I had no hope whatsoever and thought Man U was going to beat us 2-0. But seeing the fans, the club and everything about them  just gives me hope. Maybe we can go to Finals  smile.gif

Inshallah we'll be there king.gif

United was never gonna humiliate Milan, they cant, no one humiliates Milan .. Inter tried in the derby and we pegged them 4-3 was the final score. I think if Maldini and Gattuso are fit, the game will have a happy ending for us wink.gif
jefri91
1 more question sorry tongue.gif

are there smaller groups in Curva Sud?? Because I hear names like Fossa De Leoni and Brigate Rossoneri
Portman
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 25 2007, 03:08 PM)
1 more question sorry tongue.gif

are there smaller groups in Curva Sud?? Because I hear names like Fossa De Leoni and Brigate Rossoneri

Fossa dei Leoni does not exist anymore. They were the dominant group in Curva Sud.
Nowadays Guerrieri Ultras (many ex-FdL) and Brigate Rossonere are the dominant. Then you've some other small groups like Comandos Tigres or Alternativa.

Last year semi-final vs. Barcelona:

jefri91
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 25 2007, 02:21 PM)
Fossa dei Leoni does not exist anymore. They were the dominant group in Curva Sud.
Nowadays Guerrieri Ultras (many ex-FdL) and Brigate Rossonere are the dominant. Then you've some other small groups like Comandos Tigres or Alternativa.

Last year semi-final vs. Barcelona:

I think we have the best Ultras out of all other clubs(am i right?). Also how is the things divided between these groups. Like Brigate did last year but why isnt it another group?? Did they take a vote or something?
jefri91
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 25 2007, 02:07 PM)
Inshallah we'll be there king.gif

United was never gonna humiliate Milan, they cant, no one humiliates Milan .. Inter tried in the derby and we pegged them 4-3 was the final score. I think if Maldini and Gattuso are fit, the game will have a happy ending for us wink.gif

Inshallah devil.gif devil.gif devil.gif
Portman
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 25 2007, 03:29 PM)
I think we have the best Ultras out of all other clubs(am i right?). Also how is the things divided between these groups. Like Brigate did last year but why isnt it another group?? Did they take a vote or something?

Best? I dunno. Maybe one of the best Curva's in Italy. Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Genoa, Fiorentina, Torino... but I think since FdL disappeared Curva Sud of San Siro is not the same.

Oh... and last year wasn't only Brigate. A single group can't organize a thing like that. Usually it's all the groups + the club officials who give the Curva Sud some support for this coreos.
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 25 2007, 02:41 PM)
Best? I dunno. Maybe one of the best Curva's in Italy. Roma, Lazio, Napoli, Genoa, Fiorentina, Torino... but I think since FdL disappeared Curva Sud of San Siro is not the same.

Oh... and last year wasn't only Brigate. A single group can't organize a thing like that. Usually it's all the groups + the club officials who give the Curva Sud some support for this coreos.

I hope they do it again in this game, they haven't done it yet this season neither against Celtic or Bayern.

We need something like the one against Barca to intimidate Mooney and the Cry baby (who, if anyone noticed was about to cry at one point yesterday when they were a goal down). This one is easier to crack but Rooney is a fighter, although I personally think that all their goals could have been avoided yesterday, the first one doesn't need any explenation rolleyes.gif , the second Rooney handled the ball before scoring, but surprise surprise it was allowed, and the second one, first Brocchi made a ridiculous mistake and gave Giggs the ball away in such a dangerous position and then Dida got all his positioning wrong and got beaten at the near post
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 25 2007, 03:56 PM)
I hope they do it again in this game, they haven't done it yet this season neither against Celtic or Bayern.

I've noticed it. I hope they do this time.

I mean, it's a semi-final.
kurtsimonw
Does anybody know which of our players are on yellow cards, other than Kaka and Ambro?
Tennie
Bonera and Maldini also have cards.
kurtsimonw
If Kaka, Ambro or Maldini get a yellow in the next leg, we may as well let United beat us.

Save the heartbreak of losing in the final. sad.gif
fresh_prince7
Wasn't that the first yellow for kaka'?

I thought it was 3 yellow cards to get suspended.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Apr 25 2007, 05:54 PM)
Wasn't that the first yellow for kaka'?

I thought it was 3 yellow cards to get suspended.

Just the two, I believe.
han2503
Kaka will just have to be careful, same for Ambro.

Anyway, I don't like talking about Athens when there is still a game we HAVE to win before we start even think about that one.

Anyway, this is the team I would put out for the next leg

Oddo--Nesta--Maldini/Kala--Janku
-------Ambro---Pirlo---Rino--------
------------Kaka--Seedorf----------
-----------------Pippo----------------

I know what people are going to say about the fact that I would choose Kala ehead of Bonera if Maldini is not fit, but the fact that he and Nesta have a much better understanding with eachother then Bonera is enugh, also the fact that Bonera looked nervouse yesterday is a big factor.

I know he was very stupid against Cagliari the other day but he was solid throughout the match.

Hopefully Rino will be fit, because without him we have no chance.

Seedorf needs to play next to Kaka, he was playing too much on the left flank yesterday, that's why Gila was isolated for the entire match, the only balls he was being fed were the long punts up the pitch from Dida. Plus he is far more effective there rather then on the flank where he is pretty useless, if we want to play with wings then I would much rather have Sergio there.

And lastly, Pippo needs to play. Gila might not have gotten service yesterday, in fact I can't even recall a single chance that fell to him, BUT if a chance does arrove at home then we need to take it, and I don't really trust Gila with it, so Pippo, no matter how fit he is needs to play.

I don't have any particular feeling about this match, the result yesterday wasn't tragic, but it wasn't good either. It was much better then a 1-0 anyway.

I only hope we give it out best on Wednesday and not throw all that we have done out of the window because of lapses in concentration.

But if neither Rino nor Paolo are ready then I can't see us going through
kurtsimonw
You have Gattuso and Ambrosini on the wrong side of the midfield. ¬_¬

I'm not sure if you didn't put Dida in there because you just missed him, or you think he's that bad that we may as well play with 10 men? tongue.gif
fresh_prince7
Just about spot on han.

What a nervous wait ahead.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 25 2007, 06:21 PM)
You have Gattuso and Ambrosini on the wrong side of the midfield. ¬_¬

I'm not sure if you didn't put Dida in there because you just missed him, or you think he's that bad that we may as well play with 10 men?  tongue.gif

It's irrelevent really where we put Ambro and Rino, they will rotate around the midfield all game long.

I think choosing Dida, despite the blunders yesterday is a must since I don't trust any of the others anyway

QUOTE (fresh_prince7 @ Apr 25 2007, 06:31 PM)
Just about spot on han.

What a nervous wait ahead.

Definately, I'm going crazy for this one.
Darunia
Milan Coach Carlo Ancelotti is confident of eliminating Manchester United from the Champions League. “It’s only half-time and it’s all to play for.”

The Rossoneri were leading 2-1 at Old Trafford in the semi-final first leg, but conceded a stoppage-time Wayne Rooney strike to go down 3-2.

“It is only to be expected that there is bitterness at the way the game ended,” he told ‘Milan Channel.’

“Rooney’s goal penalised us considering the overall performance of the squad, as we did not deserve to lose. In practical terms, nothing has really changed. We are at half-time and the other 90 minutes will be on our turf. That is a very important factor.”

Clarence Seedorf suggested that losing the first leg was actually an advantage for Milan and Ancelotti agreed with this interpretation.

“We have an excellent chance of reaching the Final and even if it had ended 2-2, we still would’ve had everything to play for.

“It is similar to what happened against Bayern Munich. If we had closed the first leg winning 2-1, then we would have gone to Germany a little more prudent and with the brakes on. The 2-2 scoreline forced us to go out there and win.

“Now we are faced with the same conditions, but with a slight change that could yet prove decisive – we are at San Siro.”

Yet Ancelotti cannot help but be disappointed at losing the match after leading 2-1 through a Kaka brace.

“We had the chance to go 3-1 up, so at that stage things would have definitely turned in our favour, but we must not forget we were playing Manchester United away from home and to keep them under control for an hour was very important.

“This is what gives me optimism and confidence for the second leg. We did it there, we can certainly do it here.”

Gennaro Gattuso and Paolo Maldini suffered injuries in Manchester, but both hope to be ready for the May 2 showdown.

“They are both doing better and our objective over the next few days is to recover all of them and improve the condition of others,” added the Coach.

“Pippo Inzaghi, Serginho and Kakha Kaladze – who is suspended in Serie A and therefore can train hard for a week – can all give their contribution next Wednesday.”

Heh, Han might be right, Kaladze would play if Maldini doesn't make it. So let's pray Maldini makes it =)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.