Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milanese giants watch Trez
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
misha
Both Milan clubs are in the hunt to sign Juventus striker David Trezeguet at the end of the campaign.

The Frenchman’s future in Turin is in doubt and he is expected to leave unless he signs a new contract which currently expires in June 2008.

Although he has been associated with a move to French champions Lyon in the past, reports in Italy today are claiming that both Inter and Milan are considering a swoop.

The Nerazzurri may require a new hitman if loan striker Hernan Crespo is called back to Chelsea for next season.

Roberto Mancini’s side, who already netted Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Patrick Vieira from Juve last summer, are ready to make the Bianconeri an enticing bid.

It is understood that Inter could offer the Argentine duo of defender Nicolas Burdisso and forward Julio Cruz.

Nevertheless, Milan may also stand a chance of poaching the former Monaco man by handing Juve Alberto Gilardino in return, given his lack of action since Ronaldo’s arrival.

Other clubs linked with Trezeguet in recent months are Spanish giants Barcelona and a Liverpool side who are expected to spend big during the summer.

Trezeguet, who was forced to stay with Juve following demotion last term, has struggled in Serie B and has only netted nine times so far.

channel4
misha
I hope we are only interested in him just to make Inter buy him smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 19 2007, 07:04 PM)
I hope we are only interested in him just to make Inter buy him smile.gif

Hopefully. Gila for Trez would possibly be the worst business Milan could ever do.

Next we'll be swapping Kaka for some new footballs to practise with. rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2007, 10:11 PM)
Hopefully. Gila for Trez would possibly be the worst business Milan could ever do.

Next we'll be swapping Kaka for some new footballs to practise with.  rolleyes.gif

I don't like Gila but yes, surely that's what it would be.

biggrin.gif
Portman
He's a Juventus legend. And for inbox striker we've Inzaghi and Gilardino (the last one for the future). We don't need him.
kurtsimonw
How has he been doing this year for Juve?

I've not really took too much notice with who's been scoring and whatnot.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 19 2007, 11:17 PM)
How has he been doing this year for Juve?

I've not really took too much notice with who's been scoring and whatnot.

Del Piero is the best scorer of Serie B. Trezeguet scored some too but not as much.
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 20 2007, 01:30 AM)
Del Piero is the best scorer of Serie B. Trezeguet scored some too but not as much.

Only 9 league goals. Even Gila has more and he plays in Serie A.
han2503
Definately would be stupid to swap Gila for an over the hill striker.

Even if the frst one has failed to live up to expectations so far.

Selling Gila now after the money we spent would be bad buisness since we'll definately lose money on him. Although I'm sure many other Serie A sides would love to have him
kurtsimonw
If I could get one striker for Milan I would probably get Fernando Morientes.

He was awesome at Madrid, I believe it's no coincidence that they have won 0 trophies since he left.

He didn't fit in so well with Liverpool's squad rotation. But he's outscored David Villa this season and definetly showed he is back as one of Europes elite strikers.

I don't care if he costs £50m, buy him.
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 09:51 PM)
I don't care if he costs £50m, buy him.

You can't be serious, he's not worth more than E15m!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2007, 06:55 PM)
You can't be serious, he's not worth more than E15m!

The ability of some players is worth more than money. And if he only costs that much, that's even better. We'll get him cheap. smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 10:19 PM)
The ability of some players is worth more than money.

Yes and so is the advantage of being 26 again... that's also something money can't buy! And Morientes is 31! wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 23 2007, 07:41 PM)
Yes and so is the advantage of being 26 again... that's also something money can't buy! And Morientes is 31!  wink.gif

Some players continue to be great when they're that age.

Just look at Luca Toni, when he was about 25/26 he was hardly, well, good.

Fernando has out scored the "incomparable" David Villa this season, and he's supposedly World class.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 10:49 PM)
Fernando has out scored the "incomparable" David Villa this season, and he's supposedly World class.

Villa isn't world class .. He is still inexperienced to be considered as such
dst
Of course Morientes is still a great player. But the price of a player is not solely determined by greatness... age is a decisive factor. How good will Morientes be in 2 seasons? Not as good as he is now of course... that means he can't be sold for as much as 50m...

You know all that already I'm just emphasizing the importance of it.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 23 2007, 07:53 PM)
Villa isn't world class .. He is still inexperienced to be considered as such

I'm glad you've said that, because too many people consider Cristiano world class, after one good season. rolleyes.gif

Of course Morientes is still a great player. But the price of a player is not solely determined by greatness... age is a decisive factor. How good will Morientes be in 2 seasons? Not as good as he is now of course... that means he can't be sold for as much as 50m...

You know all that already I'm just emphasizing the importance of it.

I was going a bit over-board with the £50m price-tag. tongue.gif
KillerMax
Spanish players don't have what it takes to make it in the Serie A.

Ask anyone here, it was my dream to bring Torres to Milan, but I know for sure that he will be much better in an English team such as Man U. Do you see Brazilian stars playing in Premiership? Exactly.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Apr 23 2007, 08:02 PM)
Spanish players don't have what it takes to make it in the Serie A.

Ask anyone here, it was my dream to bring Torres to Milan, but I know for sure that he will be much better in an English team such as Man U. Do you see Brazilian stars playing in Premiership? Exactly.

Gilberto Silva is pretty damn good, but then again he's not your typical Brazilian player.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 11:01 PM)
I'm glad you've said that, because too many people consider Cristiano world class, after one good season.  rolleyes.gif
I was going a bit over-board with the £50m price-tag.  tongue.gif

I dont know whether that was sarcasm or u really do consider him world class ??

In any case; world class in my book is along the lines of Kaka ... And I don't think Villa can be even considered a 1/4 of what Kaka is.

CR just won two individual prizes in the EPL, what has Villa won to prove he is world class ?? What kind of a difference does he do ?? I didn't see him do anything against a world class team (Chelsea..) therefore, IMO, he isn't world class.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 23 2007, 08:09 PM)
I dont know whether that was sarcasm or u really do consider him world class ??
In any case; world class in my book is along the lines of Kaka ... And I don't think Villa can be even considered a 1/4 of what Kaka is.

CR just won two individual prizes in the EPL, what has Villa won to prove he is world class ?? What kind of a difference does he do ?? I didn't see him do anything against a world class team (Chelsea..) therefore, IMO, he isn't world class.

Football awards mean nothing.

The EPL Team of the year was awful.

Peter Cech and David James have been outstanding this season, they are clearly the top 2 in the EPL. Andraes Isaakson is an easy third. Yet Van Der Sar won the Keeper position.

Patrice Evra has been the third choice United LB the majority of the season, he has only played through injuries (Mainly to Silvestre) yet he get the LB place?

Shevchenko or Raul have never won World Player of the year or anything, and they are the top two scorers in European football history.

Ronaldo won the award because he plays for Man United and has a recognisable name. Yes, he has had one hell of a season, but Drogba has clearly been head and shoulders above the rest of the players this season. Ronaldo doesn't perform against World-Class teams either, 2 goals in the Cl this season, noth against Roma. He's been pretty average up until then.

For David Villa, he hasn't won awards because he's in a good league. Even as an Englishman, I have to admit the Premiership is very dull to watch, we can't attract that top players.

Just look at the greats of recent years. Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo are the three that spring to mind, they've all tried their luck in Italy and Spain, but the EPL has never interested them.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 08:26 PM)
Ronaldo won the award because he plays for Man United and has a recognisable name. Yes, he has had one hell of a season, but Drogba has clearly been head and shoulders above the rest of the players this season. Ronaldo doesn't perform against World-Class teams either, 2 goals in the Cl this season, noth against Roma. He's been pretty average up until then.

Disagreed, Ronaldo has been immense this season, yes Drogba has tapped in a few more than him this season but he never really turns games on their head by himself he's always reliant on service. Ronaldo has turned games on their head by himself the amount of assists he's got the danger he possesses on the ball, his speed, his skill, even his finishing this year. He can get the ball in his own half and within a few seconds he's legged it up the pitch and won a corner.

Yes Drogba's been good but I think it deservedly goes to Ronaldo this year. If we were to make our mind up on goals then yes Drogba has been head and shoulders above, but in terms of a difference to a team Ronaldo has been streets ahead this season.

Ronaldo won it for a recognisable name? Drogba and Chelsea are hardly anonymous!

And if it's true what I heard about Chelsea players walking out, that just shows how professional that club is.
dst
Walking out for what? huh.gif
Rossoneri7
I still don't see the point to ur argument ?!

To be world class, a player has to get recognition for what he has done for the team and on an individual bases ... And that recognition comes from journalists, coachs, etc ..

In Kaka's case, I think his name has travelled the world because of what he has done with AC Milan and his national team. Ronaldinho the same. Shevchenko the same.

But what about Villa ?! maybe he will be one day, but at the moment, he isn't worth 100M or even 30M IMO. Therefore, he isn't considered world class.

That is how I see it.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 27 2007, 03:11 PM)
I still don't see the point to ur argument ?

Not sure if you were referring to me, if so I was just arguing the fact Ronaldo deserved to be awarded the PFA award, NOT that he's world class, yet anyway.

@ dst apparently they walked out for Drogba not getting the award, I can't confirm this though I just heard people saying about it the other day so I have no idea if it's true.
jefri91
Don't care just buy this GUY PLEASE !!! I'm sorry but we can't give Gila anymore chances after 2 seasons and also we have Inzaghi who can only play 1 game each week. PLEASE BUY ANYONE !!!
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 27 2007, 03:31 PM)
Don't care just buy this GUY PLEASE !!! I'm sorry but we can't give Gila anymore chances after 2 seasons and also we have Inzaghi who can only play 1 game each week. PLEASE BUY ANYONE !!!

Trez has been worse then Gila this season and he is playing in SERIE B!!!!

So better stick with Gila or get someone like Huntelaar, but not waste our time on someone like Trezeguet
I_Rossoneri
Next season we will be able to unleash R99 in the CL(if we manage to qualify wink.gif ) and because of that I say persevere with Gila. Another reason to persevere with gila is that there's not many decent forwards around at the moment, one name mentioned is Pato but he is young and inexperienced - perhaps he might be a worthwhile buy as a third or fourth striker?

As for Trez - No thanks wink.gif
jefri91
Trez isnt playing good because theres no motivation!!! Theres no goal, no cl and no Serie a !!! When he comes to Serie A next season I bet hes going to be one of the best
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 27 2007, 06:21 PM)
Not sure if you were referring to me, if so I was just arguing the fact Ronaldo deserved to be awarded the PFA award, NOT that he's world class, yet anyway.

@ dst apparently they walked out for Drogba not getting the award, I can't confirm this though I just heard people saying about it the other day so I have no idea if it's true.

I wasn't biggrin.gif

But yeah, I do agree with u, this is Ronaldo's first season at this level, whilest Kaka has been at this level for club and country since he was 20 or so ...
maldini03
About this guy Huntelaar can he perform is he good whats he like tell me about it wink.gif can someone find a video?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 27 2007, 01:40 PM)
Disagreed, Ronaldo has been immense this season, yes Drogba has tapped in a few more than him this season but he never really turns games on their head by himself he's always reliant on service. Ronaldo has turned games on their head by himself the amount of assists he's got the danger he possesses on the ball, his speed, his skill, even his finishing this year. He can get the ball in his own half and within a few seconds he's legged it up the pitch and won a corner.

Yes Drogba's been good but I think it deservedly goes to Ronaldo this year. If we were to make our mind up on goals then yes Drogba has been head and shoulders above, but in terms of a difference to a team Ronaldo has been streets ahead this season.

Ronaldo won it for a recognisable name? Drogba and Chelsea are hardly anonymous!

And if it's true what I heard about Chelsea players walking out, that just shows how professional that club is.

Everybody in football knows Manchester United and Ronaldo, the same can't be said for Drogba and Chelsea.

I agree that Ronaldo is more important to United than Drogba is to Chelsea. Without Ronaldo United will struggle (Just look at Everton today). But I still don't think he's the best in the Premiership.

Ronaldo can not rise up against top teams, he just shows off when he can. Just look at him against us last tuesday. Oddo is hardly the greatest RB of all time, but he had him in his back pocket the full 90, Ronaldo had almost zero effect on the out-come of the game.
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 29 2007, 12:23 AM)
Everybody in football knows Manchester United and Ronaldo, the same can't be said for Drogba and Chelsea.

I agree that Ronaldo is more important to United than Drogba is to Chelsea. Without Ronaldo United will struggle (Just look at Everton today). But I still don't think he's the best in the Premiership.

Ronaldo can not rise up against top teams, he just shows off when he can. Just look at him against us last tuesday. Oddo is hardly the greatest RB of all time, but he had him in his back pocket the full 90, Ronaldo had almost zero effect on the out-come of the game.

Not the big-game thing again! This is so annoying I remember everyone going on about this with Henry, didn't Ronaldo wreck Roma a couple of weeks ago?

He was quiet last Tuesday, but he still scored and looked dangerous on a number of occasions, if it was any other player he'd be lively but because its C.Ronaldo it was a quiet game, I guess that shows how far he has come...

Course everyone knows about Chelsea since Abramovich came and I think Drogba's antics around Europe has earned him many 'fans'!
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 30 2007, 05:44 PM)
Not the big-game thing again! This is so annoying I remember everyone going on about this with Henry, didn't Ronaldo wreck Roma a couple of weeks ago?

He was quiet last Tuesday, but he still scored and looked dangerous on a number of occasions, if it was any other player he'd be lively but because its C.Ronaldo it was a quiet game, I guess that shows how far he has come...

Course everyone knows about Chelsea since Abramovich came and I think Drogba's antics around Europe has earned him many 'fans'!

I think it's different with Man U and Chelsea in terms of how much people know about them, Man U can easily say they are the most ppopular in the worl, especially in Asia and the USA mainly because of the way they market themselves and the Bekham thing.

Chelsea are not even the most popular club in London for god's sakes!!! As you said, they have only come out since Abramovic started pumping millions into them. But despite this they are still fighting to make the Chelsea brand a known one outside of England and most of all Europe.

Imo a club like Chelsea will never sign a Kaka or a Sheva whilst in their prime, these players would much rather give the best years of their playing carreers to the real institutions of world football then they will go off to Chelsea, or whatever club has the obscene money to get their final pay day.

As for the whole C.Ronaldo choker thing, I don't think he is a choker, but as for Henry... Well let's just leave it to what it is right now, we've all seen him go to finals on the big stage and bottle it time and time again.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.