Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 21/4/07 - Serie A - Milan - Cagliari
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
han2503
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 33

Milan - Cagliari

Saturday 21st of April 2007

Time: 20:30 (Italian Time) 19:30 (UK Time)
Darunia
So the kickoff time is an hour later than the Ascoli game?
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 18 2007, 08:21 PM)
So the kickoff time is an hour later than the Ascoli game?

3 hours later
Darunia
Ok, kickoff is at 20:30 then?
jefri91
wow 3 hours later? at night I hope? wait a minute... its a weekend... and there is a match at 9..... NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!
Portman
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 18 2007, 09:31 PM)
Ok, kickoff is at 20:30 then?

Yes. 20:30 IT, 19:30 UK next Saturday.

han should edit the first post. wink.gif
arivanjj
a 2 - 1 win for us.

rest all most players and give Oli a chance alongside Roni.

oh and watch out for Suazo, his speed could kill us. unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 19 2007, 02:23 AM)
oh and watch out for Suazo, his speed could kill us. unsure.gif

That might prove useful! wink.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2007, 10:09 AM)
That might prove useful!  wink.gif

indeed devil.gif
andi_sant
Milan must win against Cagliari so they are closer to 3rd position.
Darunia
Meh, 3rd and 4th no difference, but a win will be good.
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 18 2007, 10:01 PM)
Yes. 20:30 IT, 19:30 UK next Saturday.

han should edit the first post.  wink.gif

oops blush.gif blush.gif

Going to change it now
Rossoneri7
I don't think Milan will be concentrating on this game ... But Ronaldo will be 100% focused smile.gif

I think Milan might have difficulty in the game, but we are playing at the san siro .. So that is definitely the advantage. In any case, A lot of our players wont play ...

Maldini, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, and those are off the top of my head .. Still, I'm hopeful for a win ... And definitely two strikers smile.gif
Darunia
I would go with this lineup:

-------------Kalac-------------------
Cafu----Bonera---Kaladze--Favalli
Gattuso-----Brocchi------Serginho
-------------Gourcuff---------------
------Oliveira--------Ronaldo------

Probably give Gattuso some rest in the 2nd half, maybe let Inzaghi get a run too.

Brocchi's been out lately... hopefully he'll bet fit so Pirlo or Ambro can rest.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 19 2007, 07:09 PM)
I would go with this lineup:
-------------Kalac-------------------
Cafu----Bonera---Kaladze--Favalli
Gattuso-----Brocchi------Serginho
-------------Gourcuff---------------
------Oliveira--------Ronaldo------
Probably give Gattuso some rest in the 2nd half, maybe let Inzaghi get a run too.

Brocchi's been out lately... hopefully he'll bet fit so Pirlo or Ambro can rest.

Where has Broochi been ?! He hasn't played in ages.. And I think that is a very likely formation, maybe Simic instead of Cafu ...
Portman
Really difficult match. Specially 'cause we play on Tuesday and I hope Carletto rest Kaka', Pirlo, Gattuso and Seedorf. I doubt but...

Anyway, 1-0. Ronaldo. Enough for the 3 points.
whoarethepatriots
It will be interesting to see how we can deal with fast paced players in preparation of the man utd match
Darunia
Good point.. hopefully dealing with Suazo prepares us for C. Ronaldo. Although Ronaldo isn't just pace.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 19 2007, 06:08 PM)
Good point.. hopefully dealing with Suazo prepares us for C. Ronaldo. Although Ronaldo isn't just pace.

Maybe we should play a friendly against the Australian swim team, some of those are professional divers, also. tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 19 2007, 04:13 PM)
Where has Broochi been ?! He hasn't played in ages.. And I think that is a very likely formation, maybe Simic instead of Cafu ...

Last time I heard he had the flu
tom_valtellina
Bit of a danger game this one. Strong chance that everyone's mind will be on Tuesday night and with the likelihood of key players being rested there is a real danger we could drop points.

I would like to see Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf and Gattuso all rested, but I think that playing Gourcuff, Serginho and Brocchi in mid together is a bit risky because they haven't really played much together and there may not be much cohesion between them. So I think Ancelotti will start with any two of Pirlo, Kaka, Seedorf or Gattuso with some of the others and look to substitute them at half time if we are able to take the lead and control the match to a relative degree.

Wouldn't like to drop points in this one ESPECIALLY for the reason that we are on a bit of a roll of late and drawing/losing may mean that we lose a bit of momentum going into the Man United clash.
dst
Brocchi can replace Gattuso perfectly. Gourcuff can play on the left and Seedorf on the right, he can't get tired anyway... it's not like he's trying... rolleyes.gif

I think this would be a good line-up:

1st half:

Kalac

Oddo - Bonera - Simic - Favalli

Cafu - Seedorf - Brocchi - Yoann

Gilardino - Serginho (>>Oliveira)

2nd half:
Kalac

Cafu - Bonera - Kaladze (he might be needed in Old Trafford) - Favalli

Seedorf - Brocchi - Yoann - Serginho

Gilardino - Kaka/Grimi

Of course this will NOT happen (maybe only the back four will be the same) and I'm 90% sure Kaka and Pirlo are going to play at least for one half each.
han2503
I think we shouldo go with this formation for this game

Cafu--Bonera--Kaladze--Favalli
---Brocchi---Ambro---Sergio---
-------------Gourcuff-------------
-------Ronaldo--Gilardino-------

I think this will be enough to do the trick against Cagliari.

Sergio needs to get some playing time. Yoann has been hitting form lately, and I've noticed that he is shooting more and gaining a lot of confidence with the ball. I think giving him the role of an attacking mid for this game could be a good idea. If it doesn't work out then Kaka can always come on at half time.

Ronaldo and Gilardino have proved to be our best pairing, they are working amazingly well together.

Brocchi on the right and Ambro anchoring that midfield I think will be enough, Ambro still can pass the ball vey well and can create thing same for Brocchi. Again if this doesn't work Pirlo could come on after half time.

BUT, knowing Carlo I'm almost sure this will be our line up

Cafu--Bonera--Kaladze--Favalli
--Ambro/Rino--Pirlo--Yoann/Seedorf
------------Kaka------------------
--------Gilardino--Ronaldo-------

And maybe Kaka and Pirlo coming off after half time
dst
Ambro is essential for the Old Trafford game as much as anybody else so I don't think he should play the whole ninety minutes.

I doubt Ronaldo will be fit and that's why I excluded him but if he's ready then he should play, no doubt!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 12:56 PM)
Ambro is essential for the Old Trafford game as much as anybody else so I don't think he should play the whole ninety minutes.

I doubt Ronaldo will be fit and that's why I excluded him but if he's ready then he should play, no doubt!

I know Ambro will be essential but Rino and Pirlo more so and they've got more games on their legs then Ambro has. But subbing him out and putting in Pirlo in the second half will be enough. Giving them 45 minutes each.

Yeah I know R9 might not be ready, but I'm assuming he will be fit enough to play at least 45 minutes. Just try to get the game rapped up by then.

btw, I like your 4-4-2 formation but I don't know about Cafu, the last time we tried him there he was horrible, although he was in terrible form during that particular period and now he seems like he's back in shape and it could work out.

But I don't know if Carlo would try it again
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 01:23 PM)
Kaladze (he might be needed in Old Trafford)

Joking right? rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 20 2007, 01:04 PM)
Joking right?  rolleyes.gif

I PERSONALLY believe that Carlo will put him in as LB against United.

That's my hunch on the issue.
arivanjj
Milan - Cagliari -- Football Italia preview

Milan will be hoping to keep up their late push for Champions League qualification with another win when they host Cagliari at the San Siro. The Sardinian visitors will also be eyeing the points though, as they seek to stay clear of the relegation battle.

The Rossoneri have hit form at the right time this season after already making a late storming run into the top four, they are now edging their way closer to Lazio in third place. Three consecutive wins, during which they have scored an impressive 11 goals, means the Diavoli will be full of confidence going into the final stages of their campaign. After the 5-2 thrashing of Ascoli in midweek Coach Carlo Ancelotti will be expecting another comfortable performance here.

Ancelotti has just one absence to contend with, but it could be a crucial one. First-choice goalkeeper Nelson Dida is still out injured after already missing the victory over Ascoli. With the Brazilian absent, Zeljko Kalac is expected to continue to deputise between the posts ahead of January signing Marco Storari. Gennaro Gattuso seems likely to be rested again with Massimo Ambrosini taking his place, while Marek Jankulovski is expected to get the nod ahead of Kakha Kaladze at left-back.

Winger Mauro Esposito is unlikely to play any part in the rest of Cagliari’s season and is now joined in the treatment room by Tiziano Bruzzone, Leonardo Colucci and Alessandro Conticchio. Those absences mean Alessandro Budel and Antonino D’Agostino should keep their places in midfield, while Andrea Capone looks set to get the nod up front ahead of Simone Pepe and Antonio Langella. Paolo Bianco is suspended, with youngster Michele Canini expected to start in his place.

There may be five places between themselves and the relegation zone, but with just the same number of points filling the gap the Rossoblu won’t be feeling safe just yet. Parma’s resurgence has put a number of teams in the bottom half’s position in doubt, and they will be looking to continue their impressive form to keep the relegation battle at arm’s length.

Man on fire: Alberto Gilardino (Milan) – Just like the Milan team as a whole, Gilardino has hit form at the perfect time. The ex-Parma hitman has brushed aside the criticism he has received this season with some clinical finishing recently, scoring four times in four Serie A appearances.

Last season: Milan 1-0 Cagliari

Form guide: Milan (W D W W W) Cagliari (L W W D L)

Milan (probable): Kalac; Oddo, Bonera, Nesta, Jankulovski; Ambrosini, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Ronaldo

Cagliari (probable): Chimenti; Ferri, Lopez, Canini, Agostini; Biondini, Conti, Budel, D’Agostino; Suazo, Capone
arivanjj
Channel4 are really hard headed, that line-up is impossible a game before CL.
misha
Gilardino should be rested too. He most probably will play as a lone striker vs United
Darunia
Yeah, I can see Oli getting a start along with Ronaldo...

Pretty Janku will start against Manchester too.

“[Goalkeeper] Nelson Dida will not be available tomorrow, we will see if he recovers in time for the match in Manchester.

“Kaka will not play against Cagliari, even if we are still deciding if he will sit on the bench or not.

“Andrea Pirlo will also sit out, while the defensive department will change a bit. In any case Paolo Maldini, Serginho and Filippo Inzaghi should be available for Tuesday’s match in England.”

So he means Serginho won't probably be available for Cagliari then?

We'll prob see something like this

Kalac

Cafu-Bonera-Kaladze-Favalli

Gattuso-Ambro-Gourcuff

Seedorf

Gilardino/Oliveira-Ronaldo
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 20 2007, 04:04 PM)
Joking right?  rolleyes.gif

Well... it looks like he's Carlo's first choice for the CB position behind Paolo and Nesta so if there's any problem with either of those two he will most probably be the one to take their place... It's not that I want him anywhere near Manchester (anywhere near Europe to be exact...).

@han. I think Janku is definite for the LB position. I really hope you're wrong, Kaladze is going to be humiliated and more importantly he will make us look like a joke!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 03:49 PM)
@han. I think Janku is definite for the LB position. I really hope you're wrong, Kaladze is going to be humiliated and more importantly he will make us look like a joke!

I don't know, but I just havethis feeling thathe will start at LB.

And besides I think he will be fine, remeber the game he had against Figo in 02/03 against Real at LB?

I think he will do better then then Janku anyway
Darunia
PORTIERI: Fiori, Kalac, Storari; DIFENSORI: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Oddo, Simic; CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Seedorf; ATTACCANTI: Borriello, Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

Brocchi is back in the squad, he may get a start. Carlo said something on the main site, but it hasn't been translated yet.
han2503
That's a thin squad.

Kaka not even called up ohmy.gif

I expect to see this midfield

Brocchi--Ambro--Yoann
-------Seedorf-----------

The rest of the team picks itself
dst
Borriellooooooooooo!!!!! cool.gif
tom_valtellina
I really hope we don't drop points in this one.....definitely want to keep the momentum up going into the Man U game.

At least Kaka and Nesta are definitely going to be rested. I just hope the squad is good enough to get the job done against Cagliari!

RE the Kaladze v Jankulovski debate.......which one of the two is faster? I would have thought Janku is quicker, although Ancelotti may feel Kaladze is the better defender (that is debatable, I know!). Would be surprised if Janku isn't left back on Tuesday night though.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 07:14 PM)
Borriellooooooooooo!!!!!  cool.gif

Wat about him ?? porty is the one with the crack u junky .. tongue.gif
jefri91
When someone posts the official line up I will play on my legendary ps2 and make once again... a historical prediction!! Just like the Bayern 2-0, the 3 goals against Messina and the close 4-1 prediction which came out to be 5-2 against Ascoli!!

So people get ready!!! and does anyone know how to record matches onto ur comp from ps2 ??!!!
jefri91
before my WInning Eleven prediction I think this will be a 3-1 or 2-1 for us. The line up doesnt look convincing if you ask me sad.gif
arivanjj
Gazzetta's probable line-up

Darunia
Very probable... except Inzaghi and Nesta won't be on the bench.
sansiro1708
I also think that if we are comfortable with the result after the 1st half carletto will play this:

1st half
-------------kalac------------
cafu-bonera-kaladze-favalli
----------ambro--------------
--brocchi---------gourcuff---
-----------seedorf------------
-----R99------------oli-------

2nd half
simic-bonera-kaladze-favalli
--cafu-----gourcuff----brocchi
--boriello------R99------oli----

what do u think?
tom_valtellina
QUOTE (sansiro1708 @ Apr 21 2007, 12:47 PM)
I also think  that if we are comfortable with the result after the 1st half  carletto will play this:

1st half
cafu-bonera-kaladze-favalli
----------ambro--------------
--brocchi---------gourcuff---
-----------seedorf------------
-----R99------------oli-------

2nd half
simic-bonera-kaladze-favalli
--cafu-----gourcuff----brocchi
--boriello------R99------oli----
what do u think?

As much as I'd like to see it, I don't think Ancelotti will be playing with wingers anytime soon with our current squad. I'd say the first formation you mentioned will be what we use for most of the 90 mintutes.
Darunia
Don't think switching to 3 strikers would be the best idea either.
Bluesummers
I would personally go with

-kalac-
cafu----bonera---kaladze--favalli

-----------brocchi----------
-----gattuso-----seedorf---
-----------gourcuff(am)-------

-----oli(wing/ss)-----------------------
-----------------------------
------------------ronaldo----
Ry4n
i would go with Kalac as GK

Cafu -- Simic - Bonera - Kaladze

------------- Ambrosini -------------

-----Brocchi --------- Gourcuff -----

----------------Kaka-----------------

---------R10-----------Oli---------

if they got Sauzo we need kaka biggrin.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Apr 21 2007, 10:18 PM)
i would go with Kalac as GK

Cafu -- Simic - Bonera - Kaladze
------------- Ambrosini -------------

-----Brocchi --------- Gourcuff -----

----------------Kaka-----------------
---------R10-----------Oli---------

if they got Sauzo we need kaka biggrin.gif

maybe next season!
Ry4n
maybe but we will know tonight who plays im betting kaka will if he doesnt seedorf will defenatley play
arivanjj
kaka has not being called up for this game
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.