Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Milan close in on Alex
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dst
Milan close in on Alex
Tuesday 17 April, 2007

Milan are ready to make a bid for PSV Eindhoven stopper Alex, according to reports in Italy.

The 23-year-old is liked by Coach Carlo Ancelotti and impressed in this season’s Champions League campaign, scoring the decisive goal in the aggregate triumph over Arsenal.

The Rossoneri are looking to enhance their defensive options ahead of next season and Alex is on their wish-list.

However, they do face some competition for the Brazilian whose contractual situation is a little uncertain.

Although he is at PSV, it is claimed that Chelsea actually own his registration and he is on loan with the Dutch giants because of work permit problems.

Alex moved to his present club as the defender didn’t have enough international caps under his belt to secure a Premiership move.

‘The Tank’ shot to prominence as a 20-year-old during his first season with Santos in 2002 where he confirmed his versatility.

He has also enhanced his reputation as a scoring stopper in recent years seeing as he has 21 goals in his career to date.

Alex is valued at £7.8m and may become Paolo Maldini’s heir as the veteran could retire at the end of the current term. But what do I know, I'm an idiot!

channel4

I think he's very good! cool.gif

But I doubt Chelski will let him go if he's really theirs...
redbabies
he is excellent.
Nesta-Bonera-Alex
3 great CB's.
arivanjj
top defender! love to have him here.
Darunia
He can't play for Chelsea anytime soon cause he has work-permit problems. He's loaned to PSV until 2008... so signing him this season seems complicated.
Portman
Nesta-Alex. What a partnership it would be with Bonera as sub. (Kaladze sold to Barcelona or Chelsea) biggrin.gif
Darunia
Chelsea wanted Kaladze awhile back... he can be included in the deal =/
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 17 2007, 03:29 PM)
Chelsea wanted Kaladze awhile back... he can be included in the deal =/

True.

I really like Alex, I hop that this has some sort of truth to it. I would love to have him next to Nesta.

Just think about this backline if we manage to get him and Zambo, like some have been saying could be a very realistic target

Oddo--Nesta--Alex--Zambrotta

That would be the best back line in Europe, no doubt about it
kurtsimonw
sad.gif
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2007, 05:35 PM)
True.

I really like Alex, I hop that this has some sort of truth to it. I would love to have him next to Nesta.

Just think about this backline if we manage to get him and Zambo, like some have been saying could be a very realistic target

Oddo--Nesta--Alex--Zambrotta

That would be the best back line in Europe, no doubt about it

He would be a superb signing. But we can all stop dreaming here, Chelsea will get him soon enough, and since he is there player, we've got no chance.
han2503
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 17 2007, 05:39 PM)
sad.gif

He would be a superb signing. But we can all stop dreaming here, Chelsea will get him soon enough, and since he is there player, we've got no chance.

If he doesn't get a work permit then Chelsea can forget about him. Besides, I don't think Chelsea really need a high quality CB since they've already got 2.
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2007, 08:45 PM)
If he doesn't get a work permit then Chelsea can forget about him. Besides, I don't think Chelsea really need a high quality CB since they've already got 2.

But they can loan him to some club for another 2-3 years until he gets a work permit
dst

Since when is Chelski managed according to what they need!? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 17 2007, 08:18 PM)
But they can loan him to some club for another 2-3 years until he gets a work permit

Probably. He's only 25!!! ohmy.gif I thought he was 28-29...
misha
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 17 2007, 10:34 PM)
Probably. He's only 25!!!  ohmy.gif I thought he was 28-29...

In the article it says 23...
Darunia
He's actually 24 according to Wikipedia.

Work permit rules in England requires that a non-EU player must have played in 75% of his country's international games in the last two years.
Portman
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 17 2007, 09:32 PM)
He's actually 24 according to Wikipedia.

Yup. Gonna make 25 this year.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (han2503 @ Apr 17 2007, 05:45 PM)

The whole Mourinho/Abramovic rift was because he wouldn't give him the money to sign another CB, that's their numero uno priority. tongue.gif

Carvalho, Terrry and Bhlouarouz (However you spell it) is all they have. If one goes down, they have no0one for the bench.
Darunia
Yeah, but Alex is useless for them if he can't play.

We'll give them Kaladze, he can be their backup CB and we'll take Alex.
redbabies
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 17 2007, 11:03 PM)
Yeah, but Alex is useless for them if he can't play. 

We'll give them Kaladze, he can be their backup CB and we'll take Alex.

DONE DEAL!
biggrin.gif

Abramovich signature -- Berlusconi signature

_________________ -- __________________
Rossoneri7

Seeing as he still hasn't been called up for Brazil, I think he will end up in Milan ... Cuz he wont get that permit unless he plays for Brazil.

He is a very solid defender; when we faced them, he was a rock in PSV's defense ... Looking forward to seeing him in a Milan shirt king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 17 2007, 07:18 PM)

He still has till the end of 2008 until his current loan deal expires, so he's be 26 by then, then another 2-3 year out on loan to achieve the quota required to get a work permit when he hasn't even played once for his national team.

I don't think it would be feasable for Chelsea to stick with him.

And if we offer them Kaladze plus money I think it will be enough.

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 17 2007, 07:34 PM)
Since when is Chelski managed according to what they need!?  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif laugh.gif
Darunia
He has 7 caps for Brazil as of Nov 2006 according to Wiki. But I agree that he still has a few years until he reaches that quota.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.