Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffon ready to quit Juve
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
Pages: 1, 2
misha
Gianluigi Buffon has warned Juventus he could seek a summer move after confessing: “I do miss the Champions League.”

“I haven’t actually made a decision on my future yet,” the goalkeeper told Sky Italia television. “Even if I did decide to stay, it is Juve, hardly Canicatti’ in the amateur League. With all due respect, we are still talking about the most important club in Italy.”

Buffon was one of the first to pledge his help to the Bianconeri following their demotion last summer, but also pointed out that he had been ready to move on and seek new motivation before the Calciopoli scandal.

“Lately I am watching the Champions League with a little more interest. I have to admit I do miss it a little bit and feel the desire to compete at that level again.

“That could influence my decision for the future, but it is not everything. If I were to choose a club just for the city life, then I won’t move from Turin. This is a place that allows you to live like a normal person and there aren’t many of those now.”

The World Cup winner has been a named transfer target for Inter, Milan and Real Madrid, but he is keeping his cards close to his chest.

“Objectively speaking, Inter are the strongest side out there at the moment and could win for the next few years, but a choice of club involves so many issues and rapports. You’d have to evaluate thousands of pro and cons.”

Football Italia
misha
Come to Milan Gigi. You will be welcomed with open arms cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 8 2007, 03:18 PM)
Come to Milan Gigi. You will be welcomed with open arms  cool.gif

I think he'll end up with Juve, but if he moves, Silvio will bring him to Milan, as he brought Nesta in the past devil.gif
dst
Come on Silvio! Forget about the buck-teeth b!tch!! king.gif

I want Buffon!! Again!!!! I want the best keeper in the world. We had Lorenzo and now we should get Gianluigi!! king.gif devil.gif

He MUST become a Milanista!!
kurtsimonw
If he leaves Juve, I'll shave my head and get a tattoo of the Inter badge on it. I'm that certain he won't leave. sad.gif
jefri91
Screw BUFFON! !!! WE HAVE DIDA
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 10 2007, 04:49 PM)

Yeah, I have nightmares about that, please don't remind me.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Apr 10 2007, 04:49 PM)

Yeah, I have nightmares about that, please don't remind me.
Rossoneri7
I want Dida to stay, after all head to head, Dida turned out the better keeper in Manchester king.gif
HasanHasanly
@Rosso

So you say we bring in Dudek?
Jack Sparrow
uh..heh heh...Hasan...that's taking it a bit too far no?

rolleyes.gif Why do people bring Istanbul into it...every bloody time....mad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Apr 10 2007, 08:13 PM)
@Rosso

Dudek was lucky .. He doesn't even have a starting place last season nor this season at Liverpool. Says a lot about him rolleyes.gif

No, I think Dida is great for us. Every goalkeeper has his flaws, it's normal, they are all humans in the end. Blaming Dida for one game or another shouldn't outline how great he has been for Milan's success through the past couple of years king.gif
dst
I really can't get into the head of R7 (reeeally small head! tongue.gif ) though... I mean yeah I like Dida too, I've worshiped him over the years. I was f@cking crazy with his saves at Manchester and stuff but there is a certain situation we shouldn't pass by... Dida is getting worse by the year. I say he's got two good (to some great) seasons left in his career. Then what? Who says we're going to have the chance to snatch a portiero as great as Buffon? I'm quite certain we won't... and it seems like we may have it now. I say we better cease that bloody chance!!

QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 10 2007, 06:31 PM)
If he leaves Juve, I'll shave my head and get a tattoo of the Inter badge on it. I'm that certain he won't leave.  sad.gif

I think he may leave.

QUOTE (HasanHasanly @ Apr 10 2007, 07:13 PM)

LOL!! If I ever see him do that... thing of his again, I'm gonna bring out my rusty sniper rifle (the one I used in WWII Jack)... I'm telling you, it still works!! devil.gif
Jack Sparrow
LOL!! If I ever see him do that... thing of his again, I'm gonna bring out my rusty sniper rifle (the one I used in WWII Jack)... I'm telling you, it still works!!:devil:

unsure.gif With Clarence on the field, you won't get much of a view with the sniper scope. Maybe you should try the Panzerfaust you saved up.... it might at least give Dudek a third degree burn....
Rossoneri7
U wanna get in my head .. U can't ... u never will HAHA .. huh.gif It's the herbal life style I'v adopted recently .. It does crazy things to ur head .. As Rick James would say; ****** is a hell of a drug rolleyes.gif

And Hercules is just a cartoon biggrin.gif tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
Is cocaine a swear word? Or were u just being sensitive?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 11 2007, 12:21 AM)
Is cocaine a swear word? Or were u just being sensitive?

laugh.gif U watch Chappelle show too tongue.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 11 2007, 03:53 AM)
unsure.gif With Clarence on the field, you won't get much of a view with the sniper scope. Maybe you should try the Panzerfaust you saved up.... it might at least give Dudek a third degree burn....

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif U watch Chappelle show too tongue.gif

huh.gif What's the Chapelle show?? I'm Rick James b!tch!!!! tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
What's five fingers, say it to the face ... laugh.gif *SLAP* hehe
Rossoneri7
Juventus reveal Buffon factor

Wednesday 11 April, 2007

Giovanni Cobolli Gigli has stated that Juventus will do all they can to keep Gianluigi Buffon – but only if he is convinced of the club’s project for the future.

The World Cup winning goalkeeper is pondering a move away from Turin at the end of the season, but the Bianconeri are understandably keen to keep a tight grip on the shot-stopper.

“We want Buffon to stay with us as we feel great friendship and respect towards him,” said President Cobolli Gigli.

“We will do all we can to keep him here at all costs, but only if he is convinced that staying with us is the right decision.

“We want him to find the right motivating factors to stay here, aside from the conflicting rumours which appear in the newspapers.

“We are working hard to build a strong and competitive side, we hope this will convince him to remain,” concluded the official.

Sporting director Alessio Secco had reiterated on Tuesday that Buffon would still be wearing the Bianconeri jersey next season.

However, the former Parma shot-stopper did admit over the weekend that he is missing the spotlight of Champions League football.

As it stands, Juventus could only return to Europe’s premier club competition during the 2008-09 campaign at the earliest.

Football Italia
MizNelson
It's a combination of Buffon jumping the gun and the press wetting their pants with anticipation. He's not going anywhere right now, and especially since Inter have pledged themselves to JC.

QUOTE (dst @ Apr 10 2007, 10:50 AM)
LOL!! If I ever see [Dudek] do that [dance] of his again, I'm gonna bring out my rusty sniper rifle (the one I used in WWII Jack)... I'm telling you, it still works!!  devil.gif

Interestingly, Dudek, the Master of the IDIOTIC DANCE OF ETERNAL DAMNATION, is the one guy who's been cursed with bad luck after Istanbul.

-He suffered a shoulder injury and subsequently lost his spot to Pepe Reina the next season.
-He stupidly attempted to wring another player's neck in a fight during a EPL reserves match last year.
-He was left off the 2006 World Cup roster.
-Then recently there was the Bellamy/Riise golf club incident, in which a sloshed Dudek was involved and cuffed by the police.

I rest my case, Your Honor. smile.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^^^^

ohmy.gif
And does the jury have a verdict??

We do your honour! On the charge of being an insufferable jackass we find Dudek guilty. On charge of being an annoying S.O.B we find him guilty. On charge of being the worst dancing GK on the football field, we find him guilty.

The accused has been found guilty on all 3 counts and is hereby sentenced to life imprisonment as merda third choice GK. With chance for parole, providing he seek employment as target practise for dst and his old sniper rifle.
mallamkay
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 8 2007, 01:18 PM)
Come to Milan Gigi. You will be welcomed with open arms  cool.gif

i love Gigi
but what happens to Dida
misha
QUOTE (mallamkay @ Apr 19 2007, 10:43 PM)
i love Gigi
but what happens to Dida

Sold if this will be the case. Buffon is a better keeper and 29. Dida will be 34 in the fall
MizNelson
QUOTE (mishale)
Sold if this will be the case. Buffon is a better keeper and 29. Dida will be 34 in the fall

I hope not. That would be a bad move. If Berlu is idiotic enough to throw 100m at the overrated Ronaldinho, he'd better start collecting aluminum cans if he wants to get Buffon.
dst
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Apr 19 2007, 11:32 PM)
I hope not. That would be a bad move.

huh.gif Because Buffon is at the same level (for some, including me, he's even better) and 5 years younger!?? rolleyes.gif huh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 19 2007, 08:54 PM)
huh.gif Because Buffon is at the same level (for some, including me, he's even better) and 5 years younger!??  rolleyes.gif  huh.gif

Buffon is simply the best keeper in the world and I don't think anyone could dispute this. At one point in time Dida was at the same level as he was (between 2002-2004) But now there's no competition between the 2.

Right now it's

Buffon
Cech
Cassilas
-
-
-
Keepers that are on Dida's level (Van Der Saar, etc...)
-
-
-
-
All the rest.

Buffon is a dream and will most probably remain just that for us.
dst
I think it's

Buffon
Cech
-
Dida
-
Cassilas
-
I don't care...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 20 2007, 05:55 PM)
I think it's

Buffon
Cech
-
Dida
-
Cassilas
-
I don't care...

I think Cassillas can be up there with Buffon and Cech. I mean, along with Ronaldo, he was the guy carrying Real the past couple of years. If it wasn't for him then the would have done far worse then they previously did.

I personally think that Dida does too many mistakes to be classified as better then Casillas. When he is in form then I would put him up there with them, but I think he makes those mistakes far too often to be considered up there with them
Rossoneri7
Dida is #1 !!! What are u guys saying !!! Have u all gone mad !

- It's Dida

- Then Dida

-

- Buffon

-

- Al Duai'ia (Saudi gk who conceeded 8 gls against Germany) biggrin.gif

- Then Cech and Casillas

U guys must be crazy to over look Dida in such a way !
MizNelson
Everyone has a right to their opinion. But spending a king's ransom on Dinho and Buffon is just ridiculous when there's so many holes that need to be plugged, namely our decrepit defense, and especially considering how Dinho's gone from Golden Ball winner to overrated in a year.
kurtsimonw
Casillas and Cech are on par as the top two for me.

1) Casillas
1) Cech
3) Buffon
4) Julio Cesar (IS better than Dida)
5) Anybody but Jens Lehmann, Edwin Van Der Sar and Paul Robinson.
Portman
He's not coming to Milan... only if Dida goes to Barcelona in the 10R deal. It's a possibility but I really doubt.

Top:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Reina
4. Dida
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 23 2007, 09:38 PM)
He's not coming to Milan... only if Dida goes to Barcelona in the 10R deal. It's a possibility but I really doubt.

Top:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Reina
4. Dida

No Cech? Or is it some sort of anti-Chelsea thing?
misha
Top:

1. Cech
2. Buffon
3. Casillas
-
-
-
Reina, Dida...
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 10:39 PM)
No Cech? Or is it some sort of anti-Chelsea thing?

He's good but not THAT good. At least for me. Chelsea's cleansheet records is all about Terry + Carvalho.
Jack Sparrow
^^^^^

Bullsh!t Chelsea's clean sheets are all about having Didier Drogba coming in to play as centre back when he's bored. And not having Kaladze in the squad.
You'e so bad at reading football Porty! mad.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 23 2007, 11:04 PM)
You'e so bad at reading football Porty! mad.gif

Jack Sparrow
huh.gif STFU n00b?? Why are you yelling at dst again??
maldini03
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 23 2007, 12:45 PM)
Casillas and Cech are on par as the top two for me.

1) Casillas
1) Cech
3) Buffon
4) Julio Cesar (IS better than Dida)
5) Anybody but Jens Lehmann, Edwin Van Der Sar and Paul Robinson.

Did u watch the World Cup so what Buffon isnt the best penalty saver but he is by far the best everywhere else

1.) Buffon

2.) Cech

3.) Cassillas

4.) Dida

5.) Van Der Sar

6.) Ochaca

7-120000000 i really dont care
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 23 2007, 04:38 PM)

Top:

1. Buffon
2. Casillas
3. Reina
4. Dida

wheres cech?? he is 2nd for sure!! reina has allowed some weak goals this season
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 23 2007, 10:48 PM)
Top:

1. Cech
2. Buffon
3. Casillas
-
-
-
Reina, Dida...

Cech is nowhere near Gigi IMO...

1. Gigi
2. Casillas
3. Cech
4. Lehmann
5. Manuel Neuer, Dida, Reina
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Apr 24 2007, 12:25 PM)
Cech is nowhere near Gigi IMO...

They are pretty much on the same level if you ask me
Darunia
We need Buffon! Definitely.
han2503
QUOTE (Darunia @ Apr 24 2007, 08:50 PM)
We need Buffon!  Definitely.

Yep, especially after last night, Dida at fault for 1 and a half of the goals
agenth
Juve set Buffon price

Wednesday 25 April, 2007

Juventus sporting director Alessio Secco has insisted that Gigi Buffon will not leave Turin for less than £50m.

The Bianconero was one of the first to commit to the outfit after the club’s demotion last summer, but he was recently paired with a move after he declared that he missed playing in the Champions League.

Reports in Italy suggest that both Milan clubs are in a race to sign the Italy goalkeeper, who was reportedly valued by the Bianconeri at £28m.

“Granted that Juventus do not intend to put Buffon on the market, the £28m I have read about would only be enough for a co-ownership,” said Secco to Sky on Wednesday.

“Buffon is a target for many teams, not only Roberto Mancini’s side, but £28m would never be enough.

“You want me to promise that he will not leave? I don’t make promises, it’s not in my nature,” concluded Secco.

Former director general Luciano Moggi declared on Tuesday that he was sure Buffon would move to Milan as Rossoneri goalkeeper Nelson Dida was set to move to a foreign club.

However, the Brazilian custodian did recently agree a new £2.8m per year at the San Siro, despite some high-profile errors this term.

agenth
doublepost huh.gif rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
Buffon: It's all lies!

Gianluigi Buffon has blasted the speculation over his future. “I may stay, I might go, but nobody knows what I have decided – not even me.”

The Juventus goalkeeper has hinted several times that he is reconsidering his position and reports in the media have pictured him as either already wearing the Milan or Inter jersey.

“Everything I hear has been totally invented, because I have not spoken to anyone about my future,” snapped the World Cup winner on Sky Italia television.

“The only thing I feel that I can say is that I will not make the decision by myself. It will be in agreement with the club.

“There is a clear and honest rapport between us and one of reciprocal respect, so if I were to leave I would do so in a way that would benefit Juve as well. If I stay, then everyone will be happy.”

Buffon surprised many in the summer when he opted to go into Serie B with the Bianconeri following the Calciopoli scandal.

“My choice was not forced upon me at all, it was my desire. I was enthusiastic at the idea of bringing this club back into Serie A and that allowed me to have a better approach to this new experience.”

The 1-0 win away to Verona last night saw them further extend their lead at the top of the table – despite the nine-point penalty – with 24 victories in 35 games.

“We almost always win in Serie B, but nobody ever mentions that. The fact we were able to overturn such a large penalty and are top of the table shows that Juventus have victory in their DNA.” rolleyes.gif

Channel4
MizNelson
QUOTE (arivanjj)
"The fact we were able to overturn such a large penalty and are top of the table shows that Juventus have victory in their DNA.”

Does Buffon really consider a Serie A team atop Serie B as some monumental accomplishment? Footballers sometimes make the worst orators.

Speaking of, here's a little nugget fresh from Channel 4:

"Adriano Galliani has revealed [...] why Gigi Buffon saved Nelson Dida. The Rossoneri have long been linked with a bid for the Juventus goalkeeper, one that may yet be revived this summer. However, the transfer guru explained precisely why they decided to renew Dida’s contract earlier this month. 'We offered him another three years on his deal after having asked Juventus for Buffon. The Bianconeri told us he was not for sale.' "

Lovely. rolleyes.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.