Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: UEFA Cup
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3
kurtsimonw
Thought I'd make one since Sevilla and Benfica are playing at the moment.

Went 1-0 down after 68 seconds to a Robbie Keane goal.

Former Spurs player Kanoute equalised from the penalty spot and Kerzhakov (watch out England, he looks good) Put them 2-1 with a head. biggrin.gif

Benfica are currently 2-0 down just before half time. sad.gif

Other scores:
Leverkusen 0-3 Osasuna FT
AZ Alkmaar 0-0 Werder Bremen

Looks like a good night for the Spaniards.
Tennie
It's now 3-2 Benfica (65th minute). Simao and (amazingly) Nuno Gomes scored within two minutes. So Nuno /isn't/ entirely useless....
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 5 2007, 08:11 PM)
It's now 3-2 Benfica (65th minute). Simao and (amazingly) Nuno Gomes scored within two minutes. So Nuno /isn't/ entirely useless....

I'm still not so sure about that. tongue.gif

But a great result if it stays like that. I'd say we're favourites to go through now. biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
Final scores:

Bayer Leverkusen 0-3 Osasuna
Scorers:
1' [0 - 1] C.J. Cuellar
71' [0 - 2] D. Lopez
73' [0 - 3] P. Webo

AZ Alkmaar 0-0 Werder Bremen

Espanyol 3-2 Benfica
Scorers:
15' [1 - 0] R. Tamudo
33' [2 - 0] A. Riera
58' [3 - 0] W. Pandiani
63' [3 - 1] N. Gomes
65' [3 - 2] S. Simao

Sevilla 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Scorers:
1' [0 - 1] R. Keane
20' [1 - 1] F. Kanoute (pen.)
36' [2 - 1] A. Kerzhakov
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 5 2007, 08:50 PM)
Sevilla 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur
Scorers:
1' [0 - 1]  R. Keane 
20' [1 - 1] F. Kanoute (pen.)   
36' [2 - 1] A. Kerzhakov

Decent result for Spurs, thought they were going to get hit badly when the 2nd went in but they weathered the storm well. With the away goal they have a great chance at White Hart Lane.
kurtsimonw
tongue.gif
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 5 2007, 08:52 PM)
Decent result for Spurs, thought they were going to get hit badly when the 2nd went in but they weathered the storm well. With the away goal they have a great chance at White Hart Lane.

Same as Man U, I wouldn't like to HAVE TO beat a very good side to go through. Even though they're both at home. It is no easy means for either.

Nice to see Osasuno through. Savo plays for 'em, wasn't the best at Villa but I still love him!

To Tennie: I just saw the Benfica highlights, awful defending for all 3 goals.
Nuno did score an open goal tap-in from inside the 6-yard box, so yeah, he IS still useless tongue.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 5 2007, 08:54 PM)
Same as Man U, I wouldn't like to HAVE TO beat a very good side to go through. Even though they're both at home. It is no easy means for either.

No they won't be, I guess you don't get easy games at this stage of Europe well apart from Liverpool - PSV tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Apr 5 2007, 08:57 PM)
No they won't be, I guess you don't get easy games at this stage of Europe well apart from Liverpool - PSV  tongue.gif

Liverpool could play against Milan and Barca put together, they'd still cruise through, dunno what it is with them.
Portman
Benfica scored 2 away. In Luz, they're gonna burn Espanyol.

Osasuna is trough. Tottenham will pass Sevilla. Werder too I believe.
kurtsimonw
I don't see Spurs going through personally. I can't believe they scored, then again that's the kinda of luck you need in Europe.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 5 2007, 11:07 PM)
Benfica scored 2 away. In Luz, they're gonna burn Espanyol.

Osasuna is trough. Tottenham will pass Sevilla. Werder too I believe.

I'm happy about the result but I was disappointed in the first half. Benfica were totally passive and only began playing some football when they were two down and the natural Captain came in! Rui was not good but he certainly gave some air to the team.

Why did Derlei play? I never liked that guy... in the first half he didn't manage to keep one ball at his feet...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 6 2007, 12:50 PM)
I'm happy about the result but I was disappointed in the first half. Benfica were totally passive and only began playing some football when they were two down and the natural Captain came in! Rui was not good but he certainly gave some air to the team.

Why did Derlei play? I never liked that guy... in the first half he didn't manage to keep one ball at his feet...

Benfica just play the 2nd halves. It happened the same against Porto 5 days ago. rolleyes.gif
Miccoli and Nuno Gomes can't play 90 min x 50 matches per season. So Santos put Derlei instead of the italian in the beginning. Mantorras is better but injury-prone.

Benfica is missing an in-form Katsouranis (think he rested or something yesterday) and Luisao on the back.
Tennie
Katsouranis was serving a 1-match ban for accumulated yellows. He should be back for the next game. Any idea on when Luisao is expected back?
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 6 2007, 02:03 PM)
Benfica is missing an in-form Katsouranis (think he rested or something yesterday) and Luisao on the back.

Luisao is injured or something or did he also rest?
Tennie
I think it's a knee problem, with Luisao. He's been out a couple of weeks.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 6 2007, 02:45 PM)
I think it's a knee problem, with Luisao. He's been out a couple of weeks.

Thanks. This is too bad though. Cause the kid last night displayed good potential but is way too inexperienced for such a game.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 6 2007, 10:59 PM)
Thanks. This is too bad though. Cause the kid last night displayed good potential but is way too inexperienced for such a game.

Here, the Benfica fans keep saying that Anderson (the other CB) is the one who's fckin' their defence. Probably they're right. He's having a really bad season if you compare it to the last one.

Luisao is still injuried. Dunno when he'll play again. Probably in 1-2 weeks against Braga or so. I doubt they'll risk him for Espanyol.
dst
Sh!t Benfica is eliminated. Bad first half, unlucky second... sad.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 12 2007, 09:53 PM)
Sh!t Benfica is eliminated. Bad first half, unlucky second...  sad.gif

They wanted all the trophies... and end another season trophyless.
Their team is REALLY tired and basically have no bench, and key players injuried/suspended (Luisao, Assis...).

It's better for them to concentrate on keeping the 2nd place in the League (CL access, no 3rd pre). Sporting is playing better and just 1 point behind. The 3rd place gives you the CL access but you've to play the 3rd pre.
dst
It's sad though... remember when I told you I don't like Santos at the beginning of the season? Today he wanted a 1-0 win... that's why the team didn't perform well. Anyway... the kid at the defence was much better today!! I like him...

Also, I just finished watching 1 hour highlights of Spurs vs Sevilla; amazing game! Well done for Tottenham, they never gave up. Definitely the best game I've watched all season long!!

But now I feel like I'm going to die... wacko.gif
Portman
And Sevillla is gonna win it again... easily.
dst
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 13 2007, 02:02 AM)
And Sevillla is gonna win it again... easily.

They're not going to have any problem with Espanyol that's for sure...

And needless to say Dani Alves is F@CKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! The man can play three positions amazingly well: RB, RMF, DMF!! wub.gif king.gif king.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 13 2007, 12:07 AM)
They're not going to have any problem with Espanyol that's for sure...

Osasuna.

Osasuna-Sevilla and Bremen-Espanyol. I guess a Sevilla-Bremen final... again for the spanish.

PS: Daniel Alves is "THE RB". cool.gif
dst
Oops yeah! My mistake. In any case they won't have any problem with Osasuna either!

Alves is the best RB in the world. Though tonight he played at RMF and I've also seen him as a DMF. He really is special!

The next Brazil NT is going to be great!
Jack Sparrow
Hmmph...when I said that once, u insisted it was Nelson and not Dani who was the best...tongue.gif
arivanjj
go SEVILLA! king.gif
bigmacmtl
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 12 2007, 06:14 PM)
Osasuna.

Osasuna-Sevilla and Bremen-Espanyol. I guess a Sevilla-Bremen final... again for the spanish.

PS: Daniel Alves is "THE RB".  cool.gif

i dont think he's played for brazil senior quad yet? if he hasnt then it's obvious he should get a chance if not the be a starter.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 13 2007, 12:14 AM)
Osasuna.

PS: Daniel Alves is "THE RB".  cool.gif

Yes, Bremen-Sevilla will most likely be the final again. But IMO this is going to be an open match. Sevilla surely is a great team, but Bremen is also not bad. Especially with Klose back in shape, DIego, Torsten Frings etc. . It'll definetely be an interesting match.
Portman
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 13 2007, 05:45 AM)
i dont think he's played for brazil senior quad yet? if he hasnt then it's obvious he should get a chance if not the be a starter.

Dani Alves played the last Brazil NT matches. Dunga has some other players like Maicon or Cicinho (not fit... still bit injuried) for that place.
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 13 2007, 04:12 AM)
Hmmph...when I said that once, u insisted it was Nelson and not Dani who was the best...tongue.gif

No. I said Nelson is my favorite RB! wink.gif

Cicinho... he's not a RB!! He can't defend...

As much as Serginho is a left back... rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 13 2007, 10:24 AM)
No. I said Nelson is my favorite RB!  wink.gif

Cicinho... he's not a RB!! He can't defend...

As much as Serginho is a left back...  rolleyes.gif

Cicinho IS the best Right Back on the planet, end of discussion. ¬_¬
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 18 2007, 01:56 PM)
Cicinho IS the best Right Back on the planet, end of discussion. ¬_¬

Well the discussion has ended but I think you missed something; "Cicinho IS the best injured Right Back on the planet"...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2007, 11:12 AM)
Well the discussion has ended but I think you missed something; "Cicinho IS the best injured Right Back on the planet"...

You'll see at the next WC. Cicinho will start at RB for Brazil, not Dani. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2007, 11:12 AM)

You'll see at the next WC. Cicinho will start at RB for Brazil, not Dani, as much as I love him. wink.gif
dst
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, Daniel Alves has always been overlooked by Brazil and their choices are really weird to be taken seriously... I mean Cafu playing in the '06 WC instead of Cicinho? It's obvious the kid can't defend but compared to the 36 year old Cafu he's certainly better...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 18 2007, 12:20 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if that happened, Daniel Alves has always been overlooked by Brazil and their choices are really weird to be taken seriously... I mean Cafu playing in the '06 WC instead of Cicinho? It's obvious the kid can't defend but compared to the 36 year old Cafu he's certainly better...

Dani Alves was the best brazillian RB last year and was not in the World Cup. Alex was the best CB and was not their 1st or 2nd choice. rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
UEFA Cup starting line ups for tonight:

Osasuna (ESP):
Keeper: Ricardo
Defenders: Izquierdo, Cuellar, Cruchaga, Corrales
Midfield: Juanfran Torress, Raul Garcia, Punal, David Lopez
Forwards: Soldado, Milosevic

vs

Sevilla (ESP): biggrin.gif
Keeper: Cobeno
Defenders: Dani Alves, Javi Navarro, Escude, Dragutinovic
Midfield: Jesus Navas, Poulsen, Marti, Adriano
Forwards: Luis Fabiano, Kanoute

AND

Espanyol (ESP):
Keeper: Gorka Iraizoz
Defenders: Lacruz, Torrejon, Jarque, David Garcia
Midfield: Rufete, Moises, De La Pena, Riera
Forwards: Pandiani, Tamudo

vs

Werder Bremen (GER):
Keeper: Wiese
Defenders: Fritz, Naldo, Pasanen, Owomoyela
Midfield: Frings, Baumann, Diego, Daniel Jensen
Forwards: Klose, Hunt
Darunia
Sevilla and Werder Bremen both playing away, but both obviously the favorites. I see them getting an away goal each.
kurtsimonw
Savo just whacked Poulsen in the face, he should have been sent off.

I don't think he even got a yellow. huh.gif

GOAL ALERT:
Espanyol 1-0 Bremen
Moises with the goal after 20 minutes, header.
Tennie
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 26 2007, 03:00 PM)
Savo just whacked Poulsen in the face, he should have been sent off.

I don't think he even got a yellow.  huh.gif

Sure should have. Even if it IS Poulsen that he hit.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 26 2007, 07:47 PM)
Sure should have. Even if it IS Poulsen that he hit.

ohmy.gif

What's wrong with Poulsen!?

GOAL ALERT:
Espanyol 2-0 Bremen
Birmingham reject Pandiani. rolleyes.gif
Portman
Espanyol 2-0 Bremen
kurtsimonw
GOAL ALERT:

Osasuna 1-0 Sevilla

Soldado, great header. sad.gif

At least he misses the second leg. smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 26 2007, 08:58 PM)
GOAL ALERT:

Osasuna 1-0 Sevilla

Soldado, great header.  sad.gif

At least he misses the second leg.  smile.gif

He's a good and young player. Still a Real Madrid player on loan.
kurtsimonw
I think the stoppage in this game is a ploy to waste time, just so Sevilla don't win. mad.gif

Sevilla: Marti off for Hinkel.

Dani Alvez given more advanced role now. biggrin.gif
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 26 2007, 09:13 PM)
Dani Alvez given more advanced role now.  biggrin.gif

Dani(el) Alves. wink.gif

He's "the RB". I believe he'll be in EPL next season.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ Apr 26 2007, 08:27 PM)
Dani(el) Alves.  wink.gif

He's "the RB". I believe he'll be in EPL next season.

I can't see that myself, if a Premiership team see's an exciting full back, they stay away.

He'll either stay in Spain, or move to Italy.

GOAL ALERT:

Espanyol 3-0 Bremen.
Bremen had their keeper sent off earlier. - All Spanish final.
Darunia
Well, I was wrong... no away goals. Bremen almost certainly out. Sevilla can win at home, but they'll have to win by 2 goals or Osasuna will win/tie.
kurtsimonw
Ref blows whistle as someone was fouled, there's going to be a big scrap now. rolleyes.gif
Darunia
What was with the big stoppage?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.