Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vieira envies Milan spot
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Rossoneri7
Patrick Vieira has launched an attack on Champions League quarter-finalists Milan, insisting Inter deserved to be in this position instead.

“I cannot understand how Milan can participate in the Champions League after everything that happened,” said the midfielder on RAI television programme ‘Sport Sera’.

The Rossoneri were originally excluded from the competition in the wake of the Calciopoli trial, but won their appeal to enter via the qualifying round.

Vieira was at the centre of the scandal, as he saw the two titles he won with Juventus stripped and the club demoted to Serie B.

“I realise other people might have a different opinion to mine, but I find it difficult to figure out why they have been allowed in to the tournament.”

Despite the circumstances in which the two teams entered, Milan are in the quarter-finals for the sixth year running, while Inter fell on the away goals rule to Valencia in the last round.

“The ticket to the next phase was within our grasp. We were a little unlucky and my absence also had an influence on the result,” said the Frenchman who missed those ties due to an injury.

“Despite the fact we were the stronger team, we were eliminated because we were under too much pressure. We hope it can go better next season.”

Vieira has just returned to the Appiano Gentile training camp after several weeks in France for treatment to his serious knee injury.

“The rehabilitation process is going well. I am improving and hope to be back on the field in around two weeks.”

In other Inter news, assistant manager Sinisa Mihajlovic is celebrating the birth of baby son Nikolas.

Football Italia
Rossoneri7
Mother fucker ! mad.gif

Go **** a zebra !
kurtsimonw
Once a Gunner, always a Gunner. 'Nuff said.
Portman
Double topic... one in here, the other in Milan News. There's no need. Close this.
Jack Sparrow
^^^^^

tongue.gif Yes mother...shall I tell the mods?
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 3 2007, 11:59 PM)
^^^^^

LMAO - You're back to being cool again tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 4 2007, 12:59 AM)
^^^^^

So... did the Indiana Pacers made to the playoffs or what? wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 4 2007, 12:23 AM)
So... did the Indiana Pacers made to the playoffs or what?  wink.gif

WHAT!? Who dares be a Pacers fan!
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 03:25 AM)
WHAT!? Who dares be a Pacers fan!

What's wrong with being a Pacers fan?
dst
I'm a Reggie Miller fan!
misha
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 03:51 AM)
I'm a Reggie Miller fan!

Me too. Him and Pacers who are sh!t this year
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 12:33 AM)
What's wrong with being a Pacers fan?

I'm a Nets fan. You're not far off taking our play-off place! mad.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:01 AM)
I'm a Nets fan. You're not far off taking our play-off place!  mad.gif

Your play off place? biggrin.gif 8th place is a sure loss to the Pistons anyway.

This year it would be better for Pacers not to be in the play offs, IMO, in order to shake the teams and force the GM to make big changes for the next year
dst
I support the Lakers. Those f@cking colors are just great!!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 01:12 AM)
Your play off place? biggrin.gif  8th place is a sure loss to the Pistons anyway.

This year it would be better for Pacers not to be in the play offs, IMO, in order to shake the teams and force the GM to make big changes for the next year

We're going to be 7th actually. Orlando will take 8th.

The Cavs are beatable, they ARE a one man team, no matter what anybody says.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:15 AM)
We're going to be 7th actually. Orlando will take 8th.

The Cavs are beatable, they ARE a one man team, no matter what anybody says.

The have good supporting players and overall a much better team than Nets + home cort = very little chance for your team.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 01:23 AM)
The have good supporting players and overall a much better team than Nets + home cort = very little chance for your team.

We've got supporting players, it shows it doesn't always help tongue.gif

Kidd + Carter are all-stars.
Jefferson hasn't had his best year, but he's still been decent.
Mikki Moore has played way better than we could ever have hoped for.
We've got about 5 otheer guys who've stepped in throughout Kidd/Jeffersons injuries. We've got a shot. cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:26 AM)
We've got supporting players, it shows it doesn't always help  tongue.gif

Kidd + Carter are all-stars.
Jefferson hasn't had his best year, but he's still been decent.
Mikki Moore has played way better than we could ever have hoped for.
We've got about 5 otheer guys who've stepped in throughout Kidd/Jeffersons injuries. We've got a shot.  cool.gif

Nope smile.gif Except LeBron who is huge they have Ilgauskas, Gooden, Varejao, Marshall and Larry Hughes + better team chemistry. Kidd is old (still good but not all star anymore) and both he and Carter wanted to be traded this year so I think your team would be rebuilded soon
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 01:36 AM)
Nope smile.gif  Except LeBron who is huge they have Ilgauskas, Gooden, Varejao, Marshall and Larry Hughes + better team chemistry. Kidd is old (still good but not all star anymore) and both he and Carter wanted to be traded this year so I think your team would be rebuilded soon

They didn't WANT trades, there was just speculation. While they were both at the All-Star game this year, they were interviewed and said they were happy to stay.

I was just messing though. Wether we get The Pistons or the Cavs, we'll get beat 4-1.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:39 AM)
They didn't WANT trades, there was just speculation. While they were both at the All-Star game this year, they were interviewed and said they were happy to stay.

Where there's smoke there's fire. Many players when they are older trying to move to the teams with a championship shot
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 01:46 AM)
Where there's smoke there's fire. Many players when they are older trying to move to the teams with a championship shot

You sure you're not Jack Sparrow in disguise? You're doing an awful lot of disagreeing with me. tongue.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 04:59 AM)
You're doing an awful lot of disagreeing with me.  tongue.gif

That's cuz you are wrong a lot biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ Apr 4 2007, 02:18 AM)
That's cuz you are wrong a lot biggrin.gif

THIS MEANS WAR! mad.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 05:29 AM)
THIS MEANS WAR!  mad.gif

laugh.gif
bigmacmtl
Ginobliiii all the way, go spurs!
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Apr 4 2007, 03:21 AM)
Ginobliiii all the way, go spurs!

The Spurs are cool, although I hope the Suns take the west. biggrin.gif
bigmacmtl
that frog can go **** himself
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 4 2007, 02:14 AM)
I support the Lakers. Those f@cking colors are just great!!

Me too. Kobe is just the man.

LAL for life! biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 4 2007, 05:23 AM)
The Spurs are cool, although I hope the Suns take the west.  biggrin.gif

Mavs and Nowitzki will take the West! I bet on them and Pistons for the Finals. But from the Suns I really like Steve Nash. He's freaking awesome. And he can play some football, he's a Spurs fan. Dirk, Steve and Kobe all the way!!

But aren't you English!?? I thought you guys had as much to do with Basketball as Gattuso with calmness... huh.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 4 2007, 01:57 PM)
Me too. Kobe is just the man.

LAL for life!  biggrin.gif

!! happy.gif
han2503
How did a topic about Patrick @sshole Vieira turn into a basketball discussion?? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
As always, when Porto and Jack tango rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.