Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Goalkeeper
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
kurtsimonw
I've not heard many rumours about us signing a keeper, other than Buffon. But since he stayed with Juve in Serie B, I can see him staying put for good.

All 4 of our first team keepers are over the age of 30 so we seriously need to start looking at buying at least 2 young guys for the future.

I've not really noticed anyone playing very well in goal that is 'gettable' in the last year. Isaakson had a decent WC but then went to Man City huh.gif

Any ideas of who we should be looking out for?
Portman
Dida just renewed so...
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 31 2007, 11:19 PM)
Dida just renewed so...

I know that, but surely Milan don't think of him as the 'future of Milan'. Especially when we have NO young keeper.
Portman
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2007, 12:45 AM)
I know that, but surely Milan don't think of him as the 'future of Milan'. Especially when we have NO young keeper.

We'll think again in 2010 so when Dida contract runs out.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 1 2007, 01:01 AM)

lol, when he's 100 years old!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2007, 04:11 AM)
lol, when he's 100 years old!

The thing about Gkeepers is, they are much more better when they are around 30 yrs of age wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2007, 01:33 AM)
The thing about Gkeepers is, they are much more better when they are around 30 yrs of age  wink.gif

I agree with that, but you still need some sort of young cover. I wouldn;t fancy putting Fiori in tongue.gif
Portman
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2007, 02:33 AM)
The thing about Gkeepers is, they are much more better when they are around 30 yrs of age  wink.gif

Galliani agrees. But not only for keepers... he thinks more global like the whole team/squad... you know. wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 1 2007, 01:39 AM)
Galliani agrees. But not only for keepers... he thinks more global like the whole team/squad... you know.  wink.gif

Eventually our average age will be upto about 70 and he will be putting his boots on rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2007, 04:36 AM)
I agree with that, but you still need some sort of young cover. I wouldn;t fancy putting Fiori in  tongue.gif

mmm .. No but then again Fiori is 4th choice atm so ... biggrin.gif And all our GK's are over 30 so that goes in line with Milan's philosophy biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2007, 01:41 AM)
mmm .. No but then again Fiori is 4th choice atm so ... biggrin.gif And all our GK's are over 30 so that goes in line with Milan's philosophy biggrin.gif

I think you're mistaken.. I am 4th choice.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2007, 04:43 AM)
I think you're mistaken.. I am 4th choice.

huh.gif .. Err so ur to blame !!!! mad.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Apr 1 2007, 01:47 AM)
huh.gif .. Err so ur to blame !!!! mad.gif

I'm 19 and 6'3. What m ore could you want from a keeper cool.gif
Jack Sparrow
^^^^

Uhm...keeping skills rolleyes.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Apr 1 2007, 04:50 AM)
I'm 19 and 6'3. What m ore could you want from a keeper  cool.gif

Wait until you at least 32 and then you will have a good chance wink.gif
kurtsimonw
I suck in goals anyways. I'd say I'm more of a Berbatov, obviously on a much worse scale tongue.gif
mallamkay
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 1 2007, 02:01 AM)

i never had faith in Dida and he has always proved me right. pls lets get another keeper
dst
Impossible To Turn Down Milan, Barça, Bayern - Coupet 

Lyon goalkeeper Gregory Coupet has invited Europe's big clubs to bid for him over the summer.

The French international has extended his contract with Lyon through to 2010, but that hasn't stopped him from welcoming the interest of Europe's top clubs.

"Yes, there is a commitment [towards Lyon], but when teams like Barça, Milan or Bayern come calling, it is difficult to turn them down," Coupet told France Football.

He was also not averse to playing in England, and even cited the fact that his children knew the language.

"As my children speak English, it would not concern be to go to the Premier League," he said.

"The players with whom I have spoken have told me that football there is something completely different, and that is always very exciting for a player."

Bayern Munich and AC Milan are lookign for successors to Oliver Kahn and Dida, respectively, while Barcelona are also looking to add a world class goalkeeper to their squad ahead of next season.

Arsenal are also said to be interested in the Frenchman given the uncertainty over Jens Lehmann's future at the Emirates.

goal

It'd be dumb to replace Dida with Coupet. He's good but he's not anything special.

Only Buffon and Cech can replace Dida. We might have a chance for Buffon this summer and I now think even more that we should take it cause Dida's latest injury concerns me a lot...

ps And why would he leave Lyon for Bayern!?? rolleyes.gif huh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Apr 17 2007, 02:31 PM)
It'd be dumb to replace Dida with Coupet. He's good but he's not anything special.

Ditto.
Jack Sparrow
He's old too isn't he? 35 or something?
misha
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 17 2007, 08:55 PM)
He's old too isn't he? 35 or something?

34 I think. It would be stupid to replace one aging keeper for another
dst
Juventus line up Amelia?
Wednesday 18 April, 2007

Gianluigi Buffon is again being linked with a Juventus exit after the club were paired with Livorno’s Marco Amelia on Wednesday.

The Italian No 1 may quit the Turin giants at the end of the season and it seems as if Amelia is a prime contender to replace him in between the sticks.

Stories of an Amelia swoop have gathered pace after the youngster underwent a knee scan in Turin on Tuesday, allegedly in the presence of a Bianconeri medic.

The 25-year-old injured his right knee in training while on international duty for Italy ahead of their 2-0 win over Scotland.

Amelia, who signed a new Livorno contract until 2011 in January, has been paired with several clubs ranging from Milan to Liverpool.

Buffon had recently stated that his future was yet to be decided, but whispers in Turin are getting louder that he will complete a transfer to Milan at the end of the season.

The Rossoneri are thought to be still keen on signing the World Cup winner despite Nelson Dida’s recent and costly contract renewal.

Inter could also join the race to sign the ex-Parma No 1 even if they do seem set to offer present shot-stopper Julio Cesar an improved deal after a fine campaign.

channel4

Milan thinking clear? Will Silvio stop dreaming about buck teeth and grab the biggest opportunity of the last decade?? Or can he do both!? cool.gif
Tennie
I'd rather have Buffon, personally, if it came to a choice.
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Apr 18 2007, 02:34 PM)
I'd rather have Buffon, personally, if it came to a choice.

!! smile.gif !!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.