Portman

Name: Gianluca Zambrotta, "Zambrotta", "Zambro",
Nationality: Italian, born in Como.
Date of Birth: 19 February, 1977.
Playing Position: RB or LB
Height: 1,81cm.
Weight: 76kg.
Portman

"Ma con la Juve è un capitolo chiuso", si è affrettato a precisare l'azzurro campione del mondo. "Io al Milan la prossima stagione? Ho 30 anni, ho davanti ancora poche stagioni per giocare e adesso sono a Barcellona. Mi dispiacerebbe andare via subito, ma nel calcio non si sa mai. E sogno di chiudere la mia carriera in Italia. Il Barcellona è la mia squadra straniera preferita, ma in Italia mi piace il Milan. E quest'estate sono andato molto vicino a passare in rossonero".

20/03/2007 - Gazzetta dello Sport

"Juve? The door is closed."
"To Milan next season? I'm 30 and I won't have many seasons left, and I'm in Barcelona. But in football you never know."
"I dream of finish my career in Italy. Barcelona is my favourite foreign team, but in Italy I like Milan. This season I almost sign for them."

OK guys, I think we'll have a new LB/RB for next season. I think he said it all.
Tennie
VERY good news.
han2503
Zambro wub.gif

We should have really tried to do everything to sign him in the summer but he practically admitted that Juve forced him to sign for a foreign team. mad.gif

I hope we get him, that would solve our problem in the LB area.
redbabies
he is my favourite winger of all.

but still devilsmiley.gif he is 30..... will be 31 next season

but than again, I'd go for it biggrin.gif. He has at least 3-4 high-level seasons in front of him
redbabies
I dont understand one thing:

Why Juve decided to let Ibra and Vieira to join Inter, and didn't let Zambrotta and Ibra join Milan?
Silvio said they had an agreement, but Juve didn't agree.
Portman
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 20 2007, 10:31 PM)

Why Juve decided to let Ibra and Vieira to join Inter, and didn't let Zambrotta and Ibra join Milan?

Maybe because they (Juventus) fear Milan? Maybe because they think Milan is way better than Inter?

Maybe because we've 17 titles in Serie A, Inter 14 (gonna get the 15th this season). The distance in titles btw Milan-Juventus in shorter than the Inter-Juventus. Maybe because of that?

And yes. Braida, Galliani and everyone already said we miss Ibra and Zambro last Summer.
redbabies
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 20 2007, 11:45 PM)
Maybe because they (Juventus) fear Milan? Maybe because they think Milan is way better than Inter?

Maybe because we've 17 titles in Serie A, Inter 14 (gonna get the 15th this season). The distance in titles btw Milan-Juventus in shorter than the Inter-Juventus. Maybe because of that?

And yes. Braida, Galliani and everyone already said we miss Ibra and Zambro last Summer.

there was a reason......maybe one of those that you mentioned, maybe something else......

but the reason that is the closest IMO is Galliani.
Rossoneri7
Zambrotta would be an ideal solution to our fullback(s) problem. king.gif

If he comes, then we will be all set at the back
Bluesummers
I guess we kick janku then? Cause I dont think He will replace Oddo if we do aquire him.
Tennie
Janku would move up to midfield, which is his natural position. At least that's my guess.
Bluesummers
We play 4-3-1-2? Where would he fit in? Mid is reserved for ambro seedorf pirlo gattuso brocchi. I donno if it would be such a good idea to buy zambrotta.
Darunia
Janku would be on the bench if we signed Zambro most likely.
Portman
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 21 2007, 05:19 AM)
Janku would be on the bench if we signed Zambro most likely.

Obviously.
han2503
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 20 2007, 10:31 PM)

QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 20 2007, 10:45 PM)

^^^^^^^^

What Porto here said.

The fact that Juve would have rather sent 2 of their best players to the team that handed them to the arm of the law (Inter) and Zambro to Barca is indicative enough to see how the relationship between the 2 clubs had frosted over.

If Juve where to go down they wanted to take us down with them and when they didn't see this happen they refused to sell us any of their players. That's why our management sent Abbiati to Torino rather then to Juve when Buffon looked certain like he was about to leave.

From the comments some of the Juve officials made it was clear that they were p!ssed off by the fact that they went down and we got off relatively easy and when Galliani started making those comments about how Juve are only good in their domestic league and rarely excel in Europe where for Milan it's the opposite, as if to make it seem more obvious how Juve cheated their way through the league only made things worse.

I think it was partly what Porto said and also childish behaviour from both the teams.

Then there is also the fact if Zlatan would have wanted to come to Milan without playing CL football, because when the negotiations where underway we where still not sure of that fact. So he most probably decided to go to Inter mostly for that matter not because of the money we offered Juve (which after his terrible season and WC wouldn't have merited a lot of cash to be spent on him).

Zambro imo wanted Milan, CL or no CL but he was forced to go to Barca, and he admitted this himself
Jack Sparrow
Zambro yes please. He can play left, right, and on either wing.

The really cool thing is if we have Zambo we might actually be able to pull off a contemporary 4-4-2. But I don't know how far it's possible, this transfer I mean.

And as for not getting him, it was mostly the Abbiati issue I think. I mean this guy's agent was over here agreeing terms with Milan, when Juve sold him off to Barca.
Darunia
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 21 2007, 06:57 AM)
Obviously.

I was answering his question, of course its obvious.
redbabies
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2007, 04:32 PM)
^^^^^^^^

Then there is also the fact if Zlatan would have wanted to come to Milan without playing CL football, because when the negotiations where underway we where still not sure of that fact. So he most probably decided to go to Inter mostly for that matter not because of the money we offered Juve (which after his terrible season and WC wouldn't have merited a lot of cash to be spent on him).

Zambro imo wanted Milan, CL or no CL but he was forced to go to Barca, and he admitted this himself

I agree. I think three of them Gigi, Zambrotta, and Ibra wanted to come to Milan and they were so close. But the problem with Gigi was Abbiati. He chose to go to Torino (I don't know exaclty why), than as you said Zambro was forced to go to Barca, and Ibra chose Inter for Ch.L. (and he's still in Ch.L now, right? biggrin.gif tongue.gif )
han2503
QUOTE (redbabies @ Mar 21 2007, 07:41 PM)
I agree. I think three of them Gigi, Zambrotta, and Ibra wanted to come to Milan and they were so close. But the problem with Gigi was Abbiati. He chose to go to Torino (I don't know exaclty why), than as you said Zambro was forced to go to Barca, and Ibra chose Inter for Ch.L. (and he's still in Ch.L now, right?  biggrin.gif  tongue.gif )

Well I think Gigi and Zambo where the ones that wanted Milan. Ibra probably wanted Inter since he said from the beginning that he was an Inter fan puke.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 21 2007, 03:52 PM)
Well I think Gigi and Zambo where the ones that wanted Milan. Ibra probably wanted Inter since he said from the beginning that he was an Inter fan  puke.gif

yeah i wouldnt doubt it. Morrati is very nice to him. Morrati $$$hows his appreciation to ibra very well tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Morrati $$$hows his appreciation

So I see uv takin Porto's ebonic's course too rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
misha
Zambrotta denies Milan talks

Barcelona full-back Gianluca Zambrotta has denied speculation that he is set for a summer move to Milan. “This is science fiction,” he noted.

The former Juventus man was recently paired with the Rossoneri after seemingly opening the door for such a move to happen.

But the Italian international, currently training at Coverciano with the Azzurri, has distanced himself from a transfer.

“I never said that I wanted to leave Barcelona in order to play for Milan,” noted the former Como and Bari player.

“I only answered a question, stating that I have always liked the San Siro outfit, which is true,” added the world champion.

“However, stating that I will join them is science fiction. No one has offered me the chance of an Italian return.”

The versatile defender was close to joining Milan after the World Cup, but their involvement in Calciopoli saw Zambrotta opt for a foreign switch.

Zambrotta also recently underlined that he intended to honour his Barcelona contract until it expires in 2010, despite his initial problems in adapting to La Liga.

“I am not moving until the end of my current agreement,” he outlined. “I want to win all I can here and I will not leave. It wouldn’t be fair to do so after only one season.”

Football Italia
Bluesummers
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 23 2007, 09:54 AM)
Zambrotta denies Milan talks

Barcelona full-back Gianluca Zambrotta has denied speculation that he is set for a summer move to Milan. “This is science fiction,” he noted.

The former Juventus man was recently paired with the Rossoneri after seemingly opening the door for such a move to happen.

But the Italian international, currently training at Coverciano with the Azzurri, has distanced himself from a transfer.

“I never said that I wanted to leave Barcelona in order to play for Milan,” noted the former Como and Bari player.

“I only answered a question, stating that I have always liked the San Siro outfit, which is true,” added the world champion.

“However, stating that I will join them is science fiction. No one has offered me the chance of an Italian return.”

The versatile defender was close to joining Milan after the World Cup, but their involvement in Calciopoli saw Zambrotta opt for a foreign switch.

Zambrotta also recently underlined that he intended to honour his Barcelona contract until it expires in 2010, despite his initial problems in adapting to La Liga.

“I am not moving until the end of my current agreement,” he outlined. “I want to win all I can here and I will not leave. It wouldn’t be fair to do so after only one season.”

Football Italia

I really don't think he is coming to milan next year. Its just too early, after one season. no way..
Portman
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 26 2007, 02:14 AM)
I really don't think he is coming to milan next year.  Its just too early, after one season.  no way..

What do you think he'd say?

"Yes, I'm in Milanello next season for sure. Me and Ronaldinho. No doubt. I love pasta." rolleyes.gif

In June we'll see.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 26 2007, 12:07 PM)
"Me and Ronaldinho. No doubt. I love pasta."  rolleyes.gif

LMAO - Portugal is one of a kind, that's for sure!
Jack Sparrow
LMAO - Portugal is one of a kind, that's for sure!

And thank god for that too. Trust me, if there were two of them, you'd jump off a cliff or shoot yourself in the head, or even become a merda before long.

wink.gif tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 30 2007, 08:48 PM)
And thank god for that too. Trust me, if there were two of them, you'd jump off a cliff or shoot yourself in the head, or even become a merda before long.

wink.gif tongue.gif

I think the 'jumping off cliff' and 'shooting self in head' would happen long before I'd support those bunch.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 30 2007, 11:53 PM)
I think the 'jumping off cliff' and 'shooting self in head' would happen long before I'd support those bunch.

If there were two of him, I'd support the merda in a heart beat tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 30 2007, 09:06 PM)
If there were two of him, I'd support the merda in a heart beat tongue.gif

And people were picking on me for having a 'slight, kind of-ish, none disliking' for Materazzi! ohmy.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ Mar 31 2007, 01:15 AM)
And people were picking on me for having a 'slight, kind of-ish, none disliking' for Materazzi!  ohmy.gif

WHAT !!!! ohmy.gif

Even the merda fans HATE Materazzi ! tongue.gif
Tennie
The Zambrotta-to-Milan rumours are back in the Italian press today. The added bit this time is that Zambrotta's wife is not adjusting well to life in Spain.
Portman
Zambrotta could head home 

Tuesday 10 April, 2007 ::: channel4.com

Barcelona's Gianluca Zambrotta may return to Italy at the end of the season, according to the latest reports in Spain.

The full-back was one of the first Juventus players to leave the outfit when the Calciopoli scandal saw them demoted, but his stint at the Nou Camp could be on the verge of ending.

The AS newspaper claims that Zambrotta has not completely adapted to his new life, failing to live up the expectations of the club and Coach Frank Rijkaard.

The World Cup winner is thus already being associated with a Barca exit as Milan and Juventus are monitoring his situation.

The Rossoneri would seemingly be in pole position to net him should he become available for transfer.

Vice-President Adriano Galliani has confirmed that they were interested last summer, but they couldn’t start a negotiation until they had successfully come through the Champions League preliminary tie against Red Star.

No firm offer has been made for the former Como and Bari player, but the Italian giants are expected to strengthen numerous areas of the side this summer.
arivanjj
he's 30...
Jack Sparrow
And the best Italian in the business.
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 10 2007, 11:36 AM)
he's 30...

Another reason why he'll be a Milan player next Summer. rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Apr 10 2007, 03:58 PM)
Another reason why he'll be a Milan player next Summer. rolleyes.gif

What .. Is it a cliche now ?! tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Apr 10 2007, 10:36 AM)
he's 30...

he's World Class...
arivanjj
Milan push for Zambrotta

Reports in Italy are gathering pace that Barcelona full-back Gianluca Zambrotta is a summer target for Milan.

The Italian international was close to joining the Rossoneri after the World Cup Finals, but instead opted for a foreign adventure once Juventus were demoted to Serie B.

The versatile defender – who can play on both flanks – did have his difficulties in adapting to his new surroundings and La Liga, but denied he was set for another move.

However, the Spanish giants don’t consider him untransferable and Milan are looking to boost their full-back options for 2007-08.

The Italian giants could potentially have a shortage at the back given that Marcos Cafu and Serginho are rumoured to be on their way out, while Giuseppe Favalli turned 35 in January.

Now whispers in the peninsula claim that Zambrotta’s agent, Beppe Bonetto, is expected to hold talks with Barca directors in Spain over the weekend to assess his options.

The Camp Nou outfit invested £7m in him last summer and Milan hope that a similar amount of money will be sufficient to bring him back to Italy, seeing that he is already 30.

The former Como and Bari player had recently stated that he wanted to honour his Barcelona contract until it expires in 2010.

Channel4
mishie
Barcelona’s Gianluca Zambrotta has rubbished reports that he is on the verge of joining European champions Milan.

The Italian international has been heavily associated with the Rossoneri who have cash to spend on the market thanks to their Champions League success.

However, the man who left Juventus for the Nou Camp last summer following Calciopoli insists he is going nowhere.

“I’m staying at Barcelona and I’m 100 per cent sure of that fact,” said the Italian international full-back.

The former Bari ace has had a difficult first season in La Liga even if he insists returning to the peninsula has never entered his mind.

“I have never thought about moving back to Italy or playing for a different club,” added the former winger.

“I am very happy to be a part of Barcelona and I’m settled here.

“Milan? All I will say is that I have many friends there who I’d like to congratulate for their Champions League success.”

soure channel4

we'll see wink.gif
bigmacmtl
ooops i dint see this... i posted in "news"
Fillipo Simone
Bring him on...that`s the one we need. He is a perfect two-in-one player, he could cover up both flanks perfectly... smile.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 27 2007, 11:10 AM)
Bring him on...that`s the one we need. He is a perfect two-in-one player, he could cover up both flanks perfectly... smile.gif

The word cover is key there, that's all he'd be if I was manager. wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 28 2007, 11:08 PM)
The word cover is key there, that's all he'd be if I was manager.  wink.gif

Then good that you aren't wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 28 2007, 08:11 PM)
Then good that you aren't  wink.gif

Carlo: 3 Finals in 5 years? 2 wins in 5 years?
Me? I'd have won all 5. cool.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 28 2007, 11:13 PM)
Carlo: 3 Finals in 5 years? 2 wins in 5 years?
Me? I'd have won all 5.  cool.gif

In Football Manager I won 6 league (in some years over 100 points and in some over 100 goals) and 3 CL titles over 6 years so I think I'm qualified cool.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 28 2007, 08:18 PM)
In Football Manager I won 6 league (in some years over 100 points and in some over 100 goals) and 3 CL titles over 6 years so I think I'm qualified cool.gif

Yep. I believe that's how someone is hired as a manager.

So who's going to be the next Italy manager?

Give them a few years on FM and see who comes out best!
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 28 2007, 11:20 PM)
Yep. I believe that's how someone is hired as a manager.

Give them a few years on FM and see who comes out best!

That's how it should be!!! biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 28 2007, 08:25 PM)
That's how it should be!!!  biggrin.gif

You're damn right it should! tongue.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (mishale @ May 28 2007, 09:18 PM)

With or without Zamrotta if I may ask? biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 28 2007, 11:59 PM)
With or without Zambrotta if I may ask? biggrin.gif

Without. Zaccardo is a great RB (in the game) and Risse/A.Lopez as LB
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.