Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 03/04/07 - CL - Milan v Bayern
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Portman
Champions League 2006/07 - 1/4 finals (1st leg)

Milan v Bayern

Tuesday, 3rd of April, 2007

Time: 19:45 (UK), 20:45 (IT)

After the Olimpico we've an important match facing Bayern in San Siro for the 1st leg of the last 8 in the CL.

I just hope Bayern don't score. That would be really important.

Forza Milan!
Rossoneri7
We must win this encounter. We cant conceed a goal

I predict 3 - 0 Milan
han2503
If we conceed a goal I think it will be over for us here. We need to keep a clean sheet and hopefully score 2 goals.
Bluesummers
1-1 first leg 2-1 second leg for milan. Dream mode. Reality 0-0 firs leg, 4-2 for bayern second leg.
AuRoR
I hope we win and thank god Khan & lucio & v.bommel are not playing rolleyes.gif

so Milan has to win this game atleast 3-0 devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (AuRoR @ Mar 19 2007, 06:34 AM)
I hope we win and thank god Khan & lucio & v.bommel are not playing  rolleyes.gif

so Milan has to win this game atleast 3-0  devil.gif

Actually Khan has become a joke so it would be better if he was playing, their young keeper, I think his name is Rensing is very good.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2007, 01:21 PM)
Actually Khan has become a joke so it would be better if he was playing, their young keeper, I think his name is Rensing is very good.

That's what I was thinking!!! I wish Khan would play... but the young one won't be a big problem either... WE are the problem!
Rossoneri7
I think Milan will be even stronger against Bayern ...

Carlo confirmed this, that when Milan have Nesta and Sergio back, Seedorf will move up the field to partner Kaka with Inzaghi as the lone striker ..

So, I think we wont be having anymore problems up front ..
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 19 2007, 12:28 PM)
That's what I was thinking!!! I wish Khan would play... but the young one won't be a big problem either... WE are the problem!

It looks like we're agreeing on everything today strange...

tongue.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 19 2007, 12:50 PM)
I think Milan will be even stronger against Bayern ...

Carlo confirmed this, that when Milan have Nesta and Sergio back, Seedorf will move up the field to partner Kaka with Inzaghi as the lone striker ..

So, I think we wont be having anymore problems up front ..

I persoanlly still prefer to go with 2 strikers especially in the San Siro, but I think Sergio will finally make the xmas tree work.

The only thing I'm at odds about is the whole Ambro/Jank or Sergio in midfield and having a more defensive minded LB.
Because if we use Sergio as a LB we could use Janku in midfield, I think this will make our left side very strong and Janku can still provide some defensive cover for Pirlo and even when Sergio is pushing up in attack.

But then again Ambro has shown us that he's probably in the goal scoreing for of his life and he could prove to be decisive once again in these ties. So I'm at odds if it should be him in midfield and Janku will be sacrificed.

Or we could go for Sergio in midfield and Kaladze or Maldini, whoever is fit enough as LB, with neither needing to push up because of Sergio.

But then also Oli is finally looking like he's about to do something great, he was very good yesterday and was only lacking that breakthrough goal, but other then that his movement and skills on the ball where very good. So he could partner someone upfront if we go for 2 upfront. And Also there is Seedorf and where we should play him, imo he will be essential for us in the CL and we can't afford not to play him.

Carlo will probably have a headache trying to decide now that everyone will finally be fit.

If we go for the xmas tree I would personally go for either of these ones

Oddo--Nesta--Bonera--Kala/God
------Rino----Pirlo----Sergio------
----------Seedorf--Kaka-----------
----------------Pippo---------------

or

Oddo--Bonera--Nesta--Sergio
---Rino--Pilo--Janku/Ambro---
--------Seedorf--Kaka---------
-------------Pippo---------------

And if we go for the 4-3-1-2 I would like to see either of these

Oddo--Nesta--Bonera--Kala/God
------Rino----Pirlo----Sergio------
-------------Seedorf---------------
-----------Pippo---Kaka-----------

or

Oddo--Bonera--Nesta--Sergio
--Rino--Pirlo--Ambro/Seedorf--
------------Kaka-----------------
---------Pippo--Oli--------------

btw, Pippo really needs to start against Roma so he will be ready for this, he is the only guy in our attack that will make me feel at ease about our chances of scoring
Rossoneri7
All those choices are possible han ...

About Pippo starting against Roma, I dont think he will ... Cuz we cant risk him (injury or what not..).

Maybe Give Oli and Gila both a chance to partner R9 .. So each would get a chance to strech their legs, but Pippo shouldnt be risked. I believe he is the fundemental player against Bayern, especially against Bayern devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 19 2007, 03:18 PM)
All those choices are possible han ...

About Pippo starting against Roma, I dont think he will ... Cuz we cant risk him (injury or what not..).

Maybe Give Oli and Gila both a chance to partner R9 .. So each would get a chance to strech their legs, but Pippo shouldnt be risked. I believe he is the fundemental player against Bayern, especially against Bayern devil.gif

He needs to get back into the swing of things and playing against Roma will do just that.

He hasn't had a full match under his belt in I don't know how long, he won't be of any use if he isn't match fit
agenth
Yes Rensing is very good, but I heard from a Bayern fan that Rensing won't play, but the other one (keep forgetting huis name)
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 19 2007, 06:53 PM)
He needs to get back into the swing of things and playing against Roma will do just that.

He hasn't had a full match under his belt in I don't know how long, he won't be of any use if he isn't match fit

That is wh he is Super Pippo wink.gif

p.s. He could be played in the Roma game, as u say, cuz I am not sure what Carlo would do, he might let him play a few minutes to get him some fitness back .. But if it was up to me, I wouldnt even risk him, he is the most important striker we have for the CL.
LaPalma
(sk) München. Aufatmen bei den Bayern – Mark van Bommel muss nur eins der beiden Viertelfinalspiele zuschauen. Die UEFA hat die Sperre des Niederländers auf ein Spiel reduziert.
van Bommel nur ein Spiel gesperrt
zoom - galleria
Die Bayern haben nach dem Urteil der UEFA Einspruch eingelegt und die Sperre des Niederländers verkürzt. Die UEFA hat im zweiten Anlauf nur eine Einspielsperre für den Spieler von Bayern ausgesprochen. Das Hinspiel in Italien gegen AC Mailand müssen die Deutschen ohne ihn bestreiten, allerdings beim Rückspiel in der Heimat ist er wieder mit von der Partie.

Der Niederländer gibt nach dem Urteil zu verstehen, dass er es sich nicht anders erwartet hat, aber ein komisches Gefühl in der letzten Woche hatte. Trainer Ottmar Hitzfeld ist nach der Verkündigung erleichtert. „Das ist eine große Erleichterung für uns und eine großartige Motivation für das Duell mit Milan“, so der Trainer der Bayern.

It says that van Bommel will only be banned for one CL game, so he'll be back for the 2nd leg in the Allianz Arena. Van Bommel said that he didn't expect anything else...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 21 2007, 04:00 PM)
It says that van Bommel will only be banned for one CL game, so he'll be back for the 2nd leg in the Allianz Arena. Van Bommel said that he didn't expect anything else...

Even better, so we dont hear any lame excuses when we THRASH them devilsmiley.gif

FORZA MILAN
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 21 2007, 02:54 PM)
Even better, so we dont hear any lame excuses when we THRASH them devilsmiley.gif
FORZA MILAN

You started taking that happy pill again? biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
MizNelson
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 19 2007, 01:57 PM)
Yes Rensing is very good, but I heard from a  Bayern fan that Rensing won't play, but the other one (keep forgetting huis name)

Kahn? Or is he suspended?
LaPalma
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Mar 21 2007, 05:44 PM)
Kahn? Or is he suspended?

Of course Kahn...he'll still be playing for Bayern when he's 45. Rensing is talented, but not the best young goalie in Germany. Kahn got old...he's not what he used to be. Lehmann plays his best football now that he's 27, Kahn becomes a joke and is ruining his name IMO...
arivanjj
oh yeah.. we're really scared now.. "van bommel" is playing dry.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 21 2007, 01:47 PM)
oh yeah.. we're really scared now.. "van bommel" is playing dry.gif

VAn bommel is a joke. I really hope kahn is playing. Shots from half please kaka devil.gif
han2503
The only thing that would benefit us is having Lucio suspended. Van Buyten is a total joke, and even though Lucio isn't the best around at least he is half decent.

Van Bommel is a disgrace to the sport and I can't believe UEFA let him off the hook after what he did. But he will be missing for the most important leg for us and hopefully we'll take advantage of this and score a few goals and hopefully not conceed.

This isn't the Bayern we trashed last season, they are much more weaker, but so are we. So we really need to watch out. Kaka has to be at the top of his game and Nesta and Sergio will play key factors for us.
whoarethepatriots
The very best of Kaka usually comes out in big games

of the two sides he is the only match winner on the pitch

Last year Bayern had a matchwinner in the form of Ballack but now they have no one capable of winning a game and turning the tide

Still we are a wounded fox and need to be careful, it would also help if our injured players recover and other players start hitting top form (Olivera im looking at you)

In the last few seasons this is the stage where we hit devastating form and we will need to keep the momentum that is gaining so we can get to at least 4th place and to win some damn silverware this season
misha
QUOTE (whoarethepatriots @ Mar 22 2007, 12:10 AM)
The very best of Kaka usually comes out in big games

Usually in really important games, teams man marking him and he doesn't deliver.
LaPalma
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 21 2007, 10:50 PM)
VAn bommel is a joke.  I really hope kahn is playing.  Shots from half please kaka  devil.gif

He's not what he used to be. But I would never underestimate him. There's still a bit Titan in King Kahn (you could fill a book with his nicknames...)

The only thing that would benefit us is having Lucio suspended. Van Buyten is a total joke, and even though Lucio isn't the best around at least he is half decent.

Van Bommel is a disgrace to the sport and I can't believe UEFA let him off the hook after what he did. But he will be missing for the most important leg for us and hopefully we'll take advantage of this and score a few goals and hopefully not conceed.

This isn't the Bayern we trashed last season, they are much more weaker, but so are we. So we really need to watch out. Kaka has to be at the top of his game and Nesta and Sergio will play key factors for us.

Last season Van Buyten was great at Hamburg, at Bayern he's just mediocre, but still better than Lucio IMO.
Sure, Bayern is missing a leader but there is till one player I really fear, and that's Schweinsteiger. Out of 10 matches he plays one awesome game, just hope he has his big day against Schalke or something and not against us. Because then our defense will surely have a problem handling him.
Makaay should also be feared, not Podolski. His performances this season were a joke, he couldn't hit a truck out of 10 m distance at the moment.
m1ke
Gonna try and get to the SS for this one...
LaPalma
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 22 2007, 01:17 AM)

unsure.gif ? unsure.gif
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 22 2007, 02:35 AM)
unsure.gif ? unsure.gif

I think he meant San Siro
LaPalma
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 22 2007, 01:52 AM)
I think he meant San Siro

Ahh. I'm trying to get tickets for the Allianz Arena. But it's useless, the minute after they begin selling the tickets they're sold out. Plus, they're very expensive and it would would cost me a lot to get to Munich. That was easier when we played against Schalke and Dortmund...
may83
QUOTE (m1ke @ Mar 22 2007, 01:17 AM)

well if you are still travelling 'alone' you know you wanna tak em with you tongue.gif!!
bigmacmtl
we're going to have to be smart, especially at home. last year we cruising at 2-0 then bang out of nowhere 2-1 which means suddenly 1 more goal and w're out. luckily our attack was amazing last year and we ended up owning them but what happened this year with a similar scenario? we completly choked against roma. so this year we need to cotinue to get some strong def liek what we saw vs. celtic, get an away goal or 2 then shut them down at home, and hope we get a lil kaka magic and the forwards actually score some goals. and we'll be just fine!
misha
Kahn to miss Milan trip

Oliver Kahn will miss the first leg of the Champions League encounter with Milan after the Bayern Munich ace was banned for one game by UEFA.

The German goalkeeper was handed the 90-minute suspension for his behaviour after being called into the doping control centre following the Real Madrid tie.

The No 1 has conceded that he lost his temper at the time, but has refused to reveal as to exactly what occurred.

Kahn, who had sent a letter of apology to UEFA, was also handed a fine or around £9,000 with teammate Lucio – also present at the incident – netting a £4,000 punishment.

Both players may opt to appeal against the decisions.

Football Italia

Maybe he is not what he used to be but Bayern will still miss his experience.
arivanjj
who is there second keeper??
LaPalma
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 22 2007, 08:53 PM)
who is there second keeper??

Michael Rensing, a good young GK. Bayern Manager Uli Hoeneß said, that he's Bayerns future. When Kahn will retire in 2008 he'll take his place. He's good IMO, but as I already said not the best young goalie in Germany. But you can't expect any goofs by him.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 22 2007, 08:04 PM)
Michael Rensing, a good young GK. Bayern Manager Uli Hoeneß said, that he's Bayerns future. When Kahn will retire in 2008 he'll take his place. He's good IMO, but as I already said not the best young goalie in Germany. But you can't expect any goofs by him.

As I said I would have really preferred Kahn to be in goal, he might have been the World's number 1 at some point in his carreer but he has gone down hill since then. He does make a lot of goofs.

Rensing imo is a very talented young goalie, I'm always impressed when I see him with the under 21s. Maybe his lack of experiance will be and advantage to us but as you said I don't think we should expect any blunders coming from him. And let's hope he doesn't decide to have a virtuoso performance against us like Boruc did for Celtic rolleyes.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:14 PM)
As I said I would have really preferred Kahn to be in goal, he might have been the World's number 1 at some point in his carreer but he has gone down hill since then. He does make a lot of goofs.

Rensing imo is a very talented young goalie, I'm always impressed when I see him with the under 21s. Maybe his lack of experiance will be and advantage to us but as you said I don't think we should expect any blunders coming from him. And let's hope he doesn't decide to have a virtuoso performance against us like Boruc did for Celtic  rolleyes.gif

He's good, but as I already said, not a supertalent. Germany never had a problem having world class GKs. Rensing is just one of the new generation, that will be on top in a few years. But Schalkes Manuel Neuer and Leverkusens Rene Adler are much better IMO.
Oh and, I still think Kahn is a good Gk and should be prefered to Rensing.
han2503
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 22 2007, 08:19 PM)
He's good, but as I already said, not a supertalent. Germany never had a problem having world class GKs. Rensing is just one of the new generation, that will be on top in a few years. But Schalkes Manuel Neuer and Leverkusens Rene Adler are much better IMO.
Oh and, I still think Kahn is a good Gk and should be prefered to Rensing.

Of course he sould be preferred, he is a big name goal keeper but he has become prone to blunders and that cannot be denied.

As I said regarding Rensing, I don't think he will be the next Buffon or Cech but he is definately a promising talent and can pull off some amazing saves.

The first leg is definately tipping in our favour with all of Bayern's suspenions let's hope we take advantage of this.

And I'm very hopeful we will since I saw Real put 4 goals past them in the space of 2 games, and this Real team can't seem to score if their life depended on it
arivanjj
hmm... yes, but the question is can he handle CL pressure?
LaPalma
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 22 2007, 09:23 PM)
Of course he sould be preferred, he is a big name goal keeper but he has become prone to blunders and that cannot be denied.

As I said regarding Rensing, I don't think he will be the next Buffon or Cech but he is definately a promising talent and can pull off some amazing saves.

The first leg is definately tipping in our favour with all of Bayern's suspenions let's hope we take advantage of this.

And I'm very hopeful we will since I saw Real put 4 goals past them in the space of 2 games, and this Real team can't seem to score if their life depended on it

We should trash them in the first leg in San Siro, so that we can go to Munich with confindence knowing we have a 2 or 3 goal lead.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 22 2007, 11:28 PM)
We should trash them in the first leg in San Siro, so that we can go to Munich with confindence knowing we have a 2 or 3 goal lead.

I think we have something in common, we both go to the same fortune teller biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 23 2007, 12:45 AM)
I think we have something in common, we both go to the same fortune teller biggrin.gif

No....we both have the same time machine cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 23 2007, 02:50 AM)
No....we both have the same time machine cool.gif

ohmy.gif Quick what's the lottery numbers for next month !!!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 23 2007, 01:00 AM)
ohmy.gif  Quick what's the lottery numbers for next month !!!!

Can't you fortune teller give you the numbers? unsure.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 23 2007, 03:05 AM)
Can't you fortune teller give you the numbers? unsure.gif

huh.gif .. Maybe .. biggrin.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 18 2007, 10:04 PM)
1-1 first leg 2-1 second leg for milan.  Dream mode.  Reality 0-0 firs leg, 4-2 for bayern second leg.

dont worry Milan will beat them devilsmiley.gif just have a little bit of faith and also I have a feeling Gila is going to score an important goal smile.gif
han2503
The only thing that comforts me about this match is the thought that if the game stretches for a long time without the goal we are the only side that have a match winner on the team that could do something to score a goal
Bluesummers
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 25 2007, 09:09 AM)
The only thing that comforts me about this match is the thought that if the game stretches for a long time without the goal we are the only side that have a match winner on the team that could do something to score a goal

So your cutting Makayy andd schwienstieger already ohmy.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 30 2007, 05:38 AM)
So your cutting Makayy andd schwienstieger already  ohmy.gif

Neither of them is on the same level as Kaka, especially Makaay. Schweinsteiger is talented but is far from his best for at the moment. But even when at his best he cannot be compared to Kaka
kurtsimonw
Schwienstieger is an absoloute loser, he's one of these players that will play superb against lesser teams and do nothing when it really matters. Just like at the World Cup. If we don't beat them over 2 legs I'd be shocked, Ballack was their only player in last years CL and they've lost him.
Portman
Stadium will be full next Tuesday. 67500 were allowed, and will be in San Siro. 4500 are german.

Milan made 2,5M/euros only with the tickets for this match.
kurtsimonw
Do you know why only 67500 were allowed? Isn't that about 15000 less than it's full capacity?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.