Full Version: 18/03/07 - Serie A - Milan v Atalanta
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Portman
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 29

Milan v Atalanta

Sunday, 18th of March 2007

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)

We've no other chance - get the 3 points in San Siro. Atalanta is a mid-table team, should not be underestimated.

Forza Milan!

Prediction: 1-0.
mishie
2-0 and hopefully we play with 2 strikers please!!
Bluesummers
3-1, I hope ronaldo scores one. Others i dont care.
HasanHasanly
Damit its in a week!!! tongue.gif
kurtsimonw
Predicted Starting 11:

Dida

Oddo Bonera Maldini Jankulovski

Gatusso Ambrosini Seedorf

Kaka

Ronaldo Gilardino

Predicted score: 3-0

I expect that Milan will change things and play 2 up front. I personally think Atalanta will get the back-lash after our loss to Inter.
misha
From now on almost every game is a must win (except an away Roma game where it will be very difficult).

Prediction: 2-0.
han2503
rolleyes.gif Just 2 STRIKERS PLEASE!!

We lost to Atalanta already so let's not make it a double rolleyes.gif . A total must win after losing so much points.

Thankfully it's a wekk away so the players will get some MUCH needed rest. They couldn't go on for 90 minutes today, just total exhaustion sad.gif
Darunia
Must-win game, a week to prepare, so hopefully Milan does what it has to. Lazio will finish 3rd, now we need Palermo to keep dropping points.

Nesta will probably be on the bench for this one, and maybe he'll be back for Roma smile.gif
arivanjj
2 - 1 my prediction! watch out for doni!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 12 2007, 11:32 PM)
2 - 1 my prediction! watch out for doni!

I think u ment roni wink.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 13 2007, 09:21 AM)
I think u ment roni wink.gif

laugh.gif you can always watch out for RONI! king.gif
redbabies
Kaka-Oli-Roni 3-0

Kaka-Gila-Roni 2-0

Kaka-Roni 1-0 (maybe 2-0)

Kaka-Gila 1-0 (maybe 0-0)
dst
^

I want your predictions for Di Gennaro-Borriello!
Jack Sparrow
Di Gennaro-Borriello = Drug Overdose...Match suspended.
Darunia
Pirlo is suspended, Ambrosini can start in his place. Start Ronaldo-Inzaghi/Gila up front and Milan will be fine.
arivanjj
Milan - Atalanta -- Football Italia preview

Fresh from their derby defeat, Milan must win another local clash to continue the march on a Champions League spot.

Despite Ronaldo gaining some semblance of revenge over his old Inter teammates, Sunday still saw the Rossoneri’s 15-match unbeaten run come to an end against their most hated rivals. That left them six points adrift of fourth place, so getting back on track immediately is essential to maintain any hope of reaching the Champions League.

Il Fenomeno is again expected to start upfront, although Kaka could be aided by a second striker such as Alberto Gilardino or Ricardo Oliveira. Pippo Inzaghi, left in the stands for the derby, is further down the pecking order in Carlo Ancelotti’s mind.

The big changes will be in midfield, as the absence of the suspended Andrea Pirlo and Marco Borriello – as well as long-term injuries for Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Nesta, Kakha Kaladze and Serginho – could see Yoann Gourcuff given a creative role with Clarence Seedorf and Gennaro Gattuso out wide.

Hailing from nearby Bergamo, Atalanta have caused a few problems for the Rossoneri in recent years, drawing three of their last four visits to San Siro, including the epic 3-3 result on March 2, 2003 – a game the Orobici had been winning 3-0. Earlier this season they were defeated 2-0 at the Stadio Azzurri d’Italia with Nicola Ventola and Andrea Soncin on target. It was their first victory in that fixture since 1985 and remains Milan’s only away loss to date this year.

However, Stefano Colantuono’s boys are in shaky form at the moment, without a win in seven and sliding down the standings. As Christian Vieri is yet to make his first appearance for the club, there are serious problems upfront. Both Nicola Ventola and Riccardo Zampagna are major doubts, so Marino Defendi could be given a chance after his debut Serie A goal in the 1-1 with Parma last week. Adriano and Simone Loria return from a ban.

Man on fire: Ronaldo (Milan) – Some thought he was finished, but there is still life left in Ronaldo. Although not yet physically at his best, he’s already scored three goals since his Real switch and came back to haunt Inter last week.

Last season: Not Played

Form guide: Milan (W W D W L) Atalanta (D D L L D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Bonera, Simic, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Ambrosini, Gourcuff, Seedorf; Kaka; Ronaldo

Atalanta (probable): Calderoni; Rivalta, Talamonti, Loria, Bellini; Ferreira Pinto, Migliaccio, Donati, Ariatti; Doni; Defendi

Channel4
Darunia
Milan should really play with 2 strikers at home, like last time against Chievo. Gila and R9 should start, with Ambro or Gourcuff in pirlo's role.
Rossoneri7
It will be interesting to see how Milan will play without Pirlo; I would like to see who Carlo would play in his role.

Though, I think Carlo would change the formation as non of our players can handle Pirlo's role. Maybe Seedorf, but still, Pirlo is Pirlo
dst
Pirlo=Pirlo => 1979 Pirlo=1979 Pirlo, ..., 2006 Pilro=2006 Pirlo, 2007 Pirlo=2007 Pilro but that doesn't mean that 2006 Pirlo=2007 Pilro! You get it?? wacko.gif

I'm quite certain Pirlo will not be missed against Atalanta. Not more than he's been missed all season long!
Jack Sparrow
laugh.gif Pirlo was super cool in the first half against Inter. Easily the best player on the pitch. He was almost back to Azzuri best.
han2503
I think we'll probably see the sh!tty 4-4-1-1 thing again or the 4-3-1-2 with either a midfield combo of:

Rino--Seedorf--Ambro puke.gif

or

Rino--Seedorf--Yoann wub.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 14 2007, 07:02 PM)
Pirlo=Pirlo => 1979 Pirlo=1979 Pirlo, ..., 2006 Pilro=2006 Pirlo, 2007 Pirlo=2007 Pilro but that doesn't mean that 2006 Pirlo=2007 Pilro! You get it?? wacko.gif

I'm quite certain Pirlo will not be missed against Atalanta. Not more than he's been missed all season long!

Who is this Pilro you're talking about?
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 14 2007, 10:30 PM)

Oh come on I only mistyped 3 out of 11 times! biggrin.gif Don't be so harsh on me or else Sirtaki won't be played again in Bochum's stadium! laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 14 2007, 11:30 PM)

He used to play for the merda but then converted to a devil worshiper and was later known as Pirlo devil.gif
arivanjj
Milan - Atalanta -- goal.com preview

When: Sunday March 18, 15:00 (CET)
Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan,Italy

BACKGROUND

Milan have always been one of the heavyweights of Italian football, and have been earning that tag ever since a great run of form which began in November. The attack began to finally gel, and the defense was shored up.

However, losing 2-1 in the Derby della Madonnina to city rivals Internazionale last weekend was a big hit to their Champions League aspirations. The Rossoneri are six points back of fourth place, and must return to winning ways to keep the pressure on Palermo and Lazio.

Atalanta may not be a traditional power, but they have been hitting above their weight class for most of the season. This was clearly evidenced in the 2-0 home win against Milan in early November.

However, they have seen a dip in form recently, without a victory since January. Even without the full allotment of points during this stretch, they have only lost twice.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (D W L, 6th place in Serie A)

Milan will be determined to right the ship, following the loss to Inter last Sunday. They will need to display more defensive focus, though, as Inter was able to find plenty of space around the six yard box on several occasions. Still, they are just a pair of wins from third place, and can feel good about their chances of reaching that position before seasons end.

Atalanta (L L D, 9th place in Serie A)

Atalanta are amazingly in the top half of the table, and this with their poor results as of late. While they have not been letting in many goals, they have also struggled to score, after starting the year with eight in their first two matches of 2007.

TEAM NEWS

Milan must do without defenders Alessandro Nesta, Kakha Kaladze, Serginho and Paolo Maldini, while Marco Borriello and Andrea Pirlo are suspended.

Atalanta do not have any definite injury absences.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Ricardo Oliveira (Milan) – With the release of his sister after having been kidnapped, he finally will not have this serious family concern weighing on his mind. He can now focus solely on football, and should start showing the Milan supporters why so much money was spent to acquire his services last summer.

Cristiano Doni (Atalanta) – Once a transfer target for Milan several years ago, he has been reborn this season, with ten goals to his name. Most people thought he was done for sure, but he has proven his critics wrong this term.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Oddo, Bonera, Simic, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Ronaldo

Atalanta (4-4-2): Calderoni; Rivalta, Talamonti, Loria, Bellini; Ariatti, Bernardini, Donati, Tissone; Doni, Defendi

PREDICTION

With the season coming down to the final stretch (there are eleven matches remaining), both of these clubs will need to put their respective best feet forward. Milan will be missing some key members of the squad, but still have enough muscle to throw the knockout punch.

Milan 2-0 Atalanta

goal.com
Darunia
I would like to see the Brazilian trio again, with Ambro taking Pirlo's place.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 17 2007, 09:11 AM)
I would like to see the Brazilian trio again, with Ambro taking Pirlo's place.

i get this feeling that Gourcuff will start this game smile.gif
dst
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 17 2007, 01:06 AM)
i get this feeling that Gourcuff will start this game smile.gif

If he don't start now, he never will! At last Carlo, let the kid play!!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 15 2007, 02:15 AM)
Oh come on I only mistyped 3 out of 11 times!  biggrin.gif Don't be so harsh on me or else Sirtaki won't be played again in Bochum's stadium!  laugh.gif

No, please not...not Gakes...not Gakes...not Gakes...

Anyway, it's been such a long time since I've seen another player scoring in Bochum that I don't remember the regular goal music unsure.gif

Ricardo Oliveira (Milan) – With the release of his sister after having been kidnapped, he finally will not have this serious family concern weighing on his mind. He can now focus solely on football, and should start showing the Milan supporters why so much money was spent to acquire his services last summer.

Yes....he should! FORZA OLI!
Bluesummers
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Mar 16 2007, 05:50 PM)
No, please not...not Gakes...not Gakes...not Gakes...

Anyway, it's been such a long time since I've seen another player scoring in Bochum that I don't remember the regular goal music unsure.gif
Yes....he should! FORZA OLI!

and if he doesn't he can always go to madrid wink.gif
arivanjj
Gazzetta's probable line-up:

------------------------Dida-------------------------

Oddo--------Bonera---------Simic-----Jankulovski

Gattuso---------------Brocchi------------Ambrosini

--------------------Kakà--------------------------

-----------Ronaldo------------Oliveira
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 17 2007, 10:41 AM)
Gazzetta's probable line-up:
------------------------Dida-------------------------
Oddo--------Bonera---------Simic-----Jankulovski
--------------------Kakà--------------------------
-----------Ronaldo------------Oliveira

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

At least make it: Rino--Seedorf--Ambro
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 17 2007, 10:16 PM)
ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif  ohmy.gif

At least make it:  Rino--Seedorf--Ambro

yeah i know!

but i wouldn't be suprised if he goes with this sad.gif , since Seedorf has been pissing him off biggrin.gif
LaPalma

Oh....
Not even one player with playmaker abilities, I'm not sure if that'll work.
dst
Ambrosini has... some play-making abilities but if this is the line-up in the end (Gazzetta usually screw it in that aspect) I would be really disappointed; when is Gourcuff going to start a game if not now that Pirlo is suspended. I am utterly frustrated!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 17 2007, 01:24 PM)
Ambrosini has... some play-making abilities but if this is the line-up in the end (Gazzetta usually screw it in that aspect) I would be really disappointed; when is Gourcuff going to start a game if not now that Pirlo is suspended. I am utterly frustrated!

I think it's Brocchi that has some 'play-making' abilities not Ambro.

Carlo should really go for the: Rino--Seedorf--Yoann midfield.

I hope Gazzetta are wrong about that one
Rossoneri7
Seedorf will be in Pirlo's position and Carlo will play two DMs .. Ambro and Gattuso.

As for the attack, he has to play two strikers for this one, I'd like to see R9 and Oli
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 17 2007, 09:56 PM)
Seedorf will be in Pirlo's position and Carlo will play two DMs .. Ambro and Gattuso.

As for the attack, he has to play two strikers for this one, I'd like to see R9 and Oli

Definately, although I would really like to see Yoann instead of Ambro or Brocchi
Rossoneri7
MILAN-ATALANTA: ROSSONERI SQUAD

3/17/2007
Carlo Ancelotti has called up the following players: GOALKEEPERS: Dida, Kalac, Storari; DEFENDERS: Bonera, Cafu, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Oddo, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Seedorf; STRIKERS: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.
Rossoneri7
WE NEED MORE IMPROVEMENT

Carlo Ancelotti covered a wide range of themes in the Saturday afternoon press conference but maintained that Milan still had room for improvement

MILANELLO - Carlo Ancelotti held his pre-match press conference on Saturday and said:

'I know what Seedorf has said and this is the great thing about Milan because everyone is look to discuss things. I know what he would like but he's played well in other positions. Kakà has played further forward to free him from defensive duties. He loves the space, loves to start his runs from a long way out and he's done well further forward, as against Celtic. In this game Seedorf and Kakà played behind Inzaghi and in Palermo Seedorf and Kakà played behind Gilardino.

'As for my future, I have some news for you all, I have a great relationship with the players and club while I have a contract until 2008, that's it. I will make the best choice for my life. I am fine in Italy and Milan is a good choice but I have not thought about the future. The coach is under discussion every Sunday and this is normal at Milan. The team can improve even more and I want us to push on before the break and what counts is the final rush. I feel Manchester United are playing best at the moment but they won't play in the final because they will be knocked out before.

On Atalanta: 'Hopefully Milan will be competitive tomorrow, hopefully we'll get to fourth place. In the first game Atalanta were in top condition and Milan at the lowest point but now things are different. We won't have Maldini, Kaladze and Serginho but Nesta is in good shape and is available. He could even play from the start. Everyone is fine. Jankulovski made an error in the derby but he's resolved a lot of problems this year and hopefully he will do so in the future. As for Inzaghi, he's been out with an ankle problem but he's played his part such as the Celtic game and sat out the derby as part of the normal of the rotation system. I can't have three strikers on the bench.

On other issues: 'Ronaldo never has not been a continuous player for the whole game, has splashes of great class and of great talent, acceleration and then is a bit absent, but that's normal. The truth is that Ronaldo has played from the start in three games and scored three goals, set-up two and hit the bar. In the tests on Wednesday Gilardino and Ricardo Oliveira also did well. Gilardino needs to score while Ricardo Oliveira is fine on the bench at the moment. I don't make these choices with the heart but objectively, evaluating the technical aspects, tactics of the opponents, mental aspect. Inzaghi could also play.

In closing, Ancelotti said: 'The battle for fourth place will be decided right at the end. We are behind Palermo and we have to be aware of Fiorentina. We have have 11 game left and in the previous 11 we gained 26 points. If we get 26 points then we'll finish fourth. Dida is still an excellent player. He's just renewed his contract and is relaxed. As for Bayern, Kahn, Lucio and Van Bommel are players of great experience, they are still a side to fear.'
MizNelson
In closing, Ancelotti said: 'The battle for fourth place will be decided right at the end. We are behind Palermo and we have to be aware of Fiorentina. We have have 11 game left and in the previous 11 we gained 26 points. If we get 26 points then we'll finish fourth. Dida is still an excellent player. He's just renewed his contract and is relaxed. As for Bayern, Kahn, Lucio and Van Bommel are players of great experience, they are still a side to fear.'

Interesting that he mentions just those three players when talking about Bayern. Doesn't he read the newspapers? huh.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Mar 18 2007, 01:22 PM)
Interesting that he mentions just those three players when talking about Bayern. Doesn't he read the newspapers?  huh.gif

he mentions them because Van Bommel is suspended for both legs and Khan and Lucio are in doubt for the first leg!
arivanjj
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 18 2007, 11:09 AM)
"I feel Manchester United are playing best at the moment but they won't play in the final because they will be knocked out before."

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
rooboy
another gift from palermo. we simply must accept
their generosity and use it to our advantage.
at the end of the season I've no doubt we'll be
organising another CL assault.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Mar 18 2007, 05:22 AM)
Interesting that he mentions just those three players when talking about Bayern. Doesn't he read the newspapers?  huh.gif

rolleyes.gif No
AuRoR
Milan 3 - 0 atalanta and will score the three goals devil.gif

devilsmiley.gif >>>>>>>>> FORZA MILAN <<<<<<<<< devilsmiley.gif
AuRoR
Milan 3 - 0 atalanta and Ronaldo will score the three goals devil.gif

devilsmiley.gif >>>>>>>>> FORZA MILAN <<<<<<<<< devilsmiley.gif
Fillipo Simone
1-0 or 2-1 for Milan... unsure.gif
arivanjj
well looks like gazzetta were spot on cause acmilan.com has the same probable line-up sad.gif
Il Capitano
I feel sorry for Yoann that he has a coach that doesn't believe in his abilities.

That's overkill
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.