Full Version: 11/03/07 - Serie A - Inter v Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Portman
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 28

Inter v Milan

Sunday, 11th of March 2007

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)

OK guys. The derby is back. The match after the Celtic and Valencia important matches in the CL for the Milano teams.

Maicon, Cambiasso, Vieira and Mancini are out (the last one won't be on the bench).
We're 3 points away from the CL spots so we must win this one.

Forza Milan!
mishie
This is going to be a really tough game that's for sure.
Merda have 18 wins out of last 19 league games which speaks for it's self, but i think we are unbeaten in 14 league games so thats encouraging for us to.
Hopefully Valencia will knock-out merda and dent their confidence and we thrash Celtic to boost ours biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
My prediction is a 2-1 win for us
han2503
Man I'm really worried about this one.

Despite winning a lot of our games we still aren't playing that well at times.

I personally feel like our season will hinge on this game and the one against Roma, if we do manage to win these 2 games (which I think is highly unlikely and will be really tough) then I feel we can manage 2nd, but if we don't win either I will really start to fear our chances of making it to the 4th spot
Locke Lamora
My heart says 0-2.
My head says 3-1.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 4 2007, 11:28 PM)
Man I'm really worried about this one.

Despite winning a lot of our games we still aren't playing that well at times.

I personally feel like our season will hinge on this game and the one against Roma, if we do manage to win these 2 games (which I think is highly unlikely and will be really tough) then I feel we can manage 2nd, but if we don't win either I will really start to fear our chances of making it to the 4th spot

Man u need some prozac ... Milan will win the derby. devilsmiley.gif

And why r u making it look like if we dont make it to 2nd we wont make it to 4th place. If we get anywhere close to 2nd place, believe me that is where Milan will finish !!

But in reality, I think a 4th place finish is the target for this season and the team has made it ... If we continue with this form, Milan might have a chance for 3rd polace too king.gif ... Considering what happened to this great club, I think they have done us proud.

Predict : merda 1 - 3 Milan
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 4 2007, 08:55 PM)
Man u need some prozac ... Milan will win the derby.  devilsmiley.gif

That's what we said the last time remember? rolleyes.gif

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 4 2007, 08:55 PM)
And why r u making it look like if we dont make it to 2nd we wont make it to 4th place. If we get anywhere close to 2nd place, believe me that is where Milan will finish !!

But in reality, I think a 4th place finish is the target for this season and the team has made it ... If we continue with this form, Milan might have a chance for 3rd polace too king.gif ... Considering what happened to this great club, I think they have done us proud.
Predict : merda 1 - 3 Milan

What I mean when I say if we don't win these 2 crucial games is we will fall off the pace, but if we manage to win these 2 games then we might even have a shot at 2nd place.

I never said that if we don't reach second we won't reach fourth. But I really feel that these 2 games will make or break the rest of our season.

Inter , wether we like it or not have been amazing this season and we sadly haven't, we haven't been playing well either despite finally picking up points instead of having no killer instinct infront of goal and come out with draw from the easiest of games.

I'm hoping for a draw for this one, if we win I'll celebrate it like we've won the league
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 5 2007, 12:03 AM)
That's what we said the last time remember?  rolleyes.gif
What I mean when I say if we don't win these 2 crucial games is we will fall off the pace, but if we manage to win these 2 games then we might even have a shot at 2nd place.

I never said that if we don't reach second we won't reach fourth. But I really feel that these 2 games will make or break the rest of our season.

Inter , wether we like it or not have been amazing this season and we sadly haven't, we haven't been playing well either despite finally picking up points instead of having no killer instinct infront of goal and come out with draw from the easiest of games.

I'm hoping for a draw for this one, if we win I'll celebrate it like we've won the league

Then get the champaine ready .. The game is next week devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Mar 4 2007, 09:06 PM)
Then get the champaine ready .. The game is next week devil.gif

Again, REALLY like your confidence.

I'm just hoping we don't get our @ss felt again by them rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 5 2007, 12:11 AM)
Again, REALLY like your confidence.

I'm just hoping we don't get our @ss felt again by them  rolleyes.gif

We have Ronaldo wink.gif He deffinatelly wants to prove something to the merda devil.gif

Plus, if Milan has high hopes in the CL .. playing the merda would just be a test to our players king.gif
dst
Mancini is out?? Damn, that's good news for Inter!

There's no chance we'll get hammered they way we were in the first round. I think the game will be a draw. A 2-2 draw.
agenth
If Mancini is out, who coaches them?

Cambiasso might be ready for the game though...
misha
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 4 2007, 11:39 PM)

Assistant coach Sinisa Mihajlovic
Portman
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 4 2007, 09:39 PM)

Cambiasso might be ready for the game though...

Vieira is the one who they really miss. Not Cambiasso.
agenth
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 4 2007, 10:55 PM)
Assistant coach Sinisa Mihajlovic

is that good news, or bad news? XD
Tennie
In today's Gazzetta, Moratti said HE would coach 'em for the derby. (should I be laughing or worried?)
dst
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 5 2007, 12:28 AM)
In today's Gazzetta, Moratti said HE would coach 'em for the derby. (should I be laughing or worried?)

I would love to see that! biggrin.gif
misha
QUOTE (mchanna @ Mar 5 2007, 12:05 AM)
is that good news, or bad news? XD

It doesn't really matter cuz Mancini will be nearby giving him directions through earbud or something
MizNelson
Why are people counting on Ronaldo to be our savior come Sunday? As the Chievo match indicated, he's nowhere near complete game shape yet.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Mar 5 2007, 06:43 AM)
Why are people counting on Ronaldo to be our savior come Sunday? As the Chievo match indicated, he's nowhere near complete game shape yet.

Cuz he s Il Fenomeno devil.gif
agenth
QUOTE (BMWTaylor @ Mar 5 2007, 04:43 AM)

because he improves with every game
and statistics show that our game/goalscore improved with him dramatically
Portman
Derby time confirmed by Lega-Calcio.

15:00 (IT), 14:00 (UK) next Sunday.
Rossoneri7
An afternoon game sad.gif This isnt a derby !!!
han2503
QUOTE (Tennie @ Mar 4 2007, 10:28 PM)

I think it will be funny laugh.gif

Carlo vs Moratti, if Carlo doesn't win it then he should start coaching the Primaveras rolleyes.gif

btw, an afternoon derby?? This won't feel like a derby! Just like the one last season when the Inter fans where on strike
Portman
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 5 2007, 04:39 PM)
btw, an afternoon derby?? This won't feel like a derby! Just like the one last season when the Inter fans where on strike

I just hope Kaladze do it again. laugh.gif
weeeow
QUOTE (Portugal @ Mar 5 2007, 06:26 PM)
I just hope Kaladze do it again.  laugh.gif

wink.gif

Seedorf, Gattuso + Pirlo will also turn it on!

FORZA MILAN!!!! devil.gif devil.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
jefri91
If we win the Celtic and Inter game I WILL GO CRAZY. I WILL PARTY SOOOO MUCH THAT EVEN A LIVERPOOL FAN WOULD BE JEALOUS
jefri91
What!!!??!?! the game is not at night?? PLease dont be at day, I beg you sad.gif
han2503
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 5 2007, 07:52 PM)
If we win the Celtic and Inter game I WILL GO CRAZY. I WILL PARTY SOOOO MUCH THAT EVEN A LIVERPOOL FAN WOULD BE JEALOUS

I think this could either turn out to be the best week of our season or the worst. If we manage to win both games I think it will define the rest of our season, if we don't manage to win either our screwed up season will have a nice cherry on top rolleyes.gif

I'm personally afraid of celtic not because I fear they will beat us or anything like that but that our players will be complaicent and over confident, that's what I really fear about that one.

Deportivo and Liverpool have thought us that we are our own worst enemies. They didn't learn their lesson the first time so let's see if they learnt it the second time, I think tomorrow will be really telling if they have overcome this issue
arivanjj
QUOTE (jefri91 @ Mar 6 2007, 06:56 AM)
What!!!??!?! the game is not at night?? PLease dont be at day, I beg you sad.gif

smile.gif good for me though!
whoarethepatriots
This is either gonna be an extremely tight match like most derby matches, or attacks will reign supreme and we get 4 goals between us

What ever happens we need ronaldo top form to be able to damage them
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Mar 5 2007, 08:44 PM)
smile.gif good for me though!

sleep.gif sleep.gif

Yeah but a derby during the afternoon is not a derby sad.gif
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 5 2007, 10:55 PM)
sleep.gif  sleep.gif

Yeah but a derby during the afternoon is not a derby  sad.gif

I love sunny games!! smile.gif
Locke Lamora
The problem will be dealing with Crespo and Ibrahimovic.
Ronlado, Kaka and Gilardinho are competent up in attack, but as we saw in the Siena match, sometimes our defence play like sh*t.
But with Viera gone, they'l lack some serious midfield punch.

All in all, draw would be a good result.
misha
QUOTE (Locke Lamora @ Mar 6 2007, 12:20 AM)
All in all, draw would be a good result.

Win will be a good result and we are more than capable
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Mar 6 2007, 02:51 AM)
Win will be a good result and we are more than capable

That's the spirit devil.gif
arivanjj
I'm praying to God Ronaldo scores in this match... just to see the look on them merda faces.
MizNelson
Maybe we'll have a repeat of the 3-1 Juve thrashing last season? Then again, I may be too optimistic.
Jack Sparrow
BMWTaylor took the words right out of my mouth!!

Thief!! mad.gif
whoarethepatriots
Inter lost to valencia and if we can beat Celtic we will have a massive psychological edge

Besides i will love to see what banners the ultras put up, i liked last seasons one about dante and the divine comedy of inter
Rossoneri7
[QUOTE]
DERBY: DISCIPLINARY SITUATION

3/6/2007

No suspensions for the Milan but there are six players a booking away from a ban: Bonera, Jankulovski, Ricardo Oliveira, Pirlo, Simic and Storari. Borriello is suspended until March 12. Inter have Maicon suspended while Mancini can take his place on the bench. The Nerazzurri have two suspended: Figo and Materazzi.
dst
Ha ha!! dry.gif

Luigi Del Neri was handed a one-match ban while Mancini is let go... the Merda justice (they so missed it against Valencia)! rolleyes.gif

Anyway... better for us! More losers, more fun!!
Tennie
No suspensions for the Milan but there are six players a booking away from a ban: Bonera, Jankulovski, Ricardo Oliveira, Pirlo, Simic and Storari. Borriello is suspended until March 12. Inter have Maicon suspended while Mancini can take his place on the bench. The Nerazzurri have two suspended: Figo and Materazzi.

Here's the Italian:
DERBY: LA SITUAZIONE DISCIPLINARE
06/03/2007
Nessuno squalificato nel Milan ma ben sei i diffidati nei rossoneri: Bonera, Jankulovski, Ricardo Oliveira, Pirlo, Simic e Storari. Ricordiamo che Borriello resta sospeso fino al 21 marzo. Nell'Inter uno squalificato, Maicon, mentre Mancini potrà sedersi in panchina; due i diffidati nei nerazzurri: Figo e Materazzi.

I think we still get to deal with Figo & Materazzi.

But Burdisso has a broken nose from the brawl....
Darunia
I don't think Figo and Materrazi are suspended, just 1 yellow away from suspension.
dst
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 7 2007, 03:50 AM)
I don't think Figo and Materrazi are suspended, just 1 yellow away from suspension.

That's what's up.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Darunia @ Mar 7 2007, 04:50 AM)

Then bring them on devil.gif devil.gif

With all their players and we'll still humiliate them !!! We are Milan, not push over Inter !
rooboy
the question we need to ask is
"will they boycott again?".....
..... let them fill their seats so they can watch
us with envious eyes!
truly boys , no matter what they think ,
there is only one team in Milano.
rooboy
sorry lads , should probably introduce
myself. i'm a melbourne boy in australia.
i've followed this site for quite some time and
i must say you guys keep the red and black part
of the world up to date.
have ventured north on many occasions
and surprise , surprise .... have always managed
a visit to the greatest of cathedral in italia ...
the SAN SIRO ... man ... i love that place!
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (rooboy @ Mar 7 2007, 05:27 PM)
of the world up to date.
  the SAN SIRO ...  man ... i love that place!

Welcome to the forum king.gif
han2503
QUOTE (rooboy @ Mar 7 2007, 02:27 PM)
of the world up to date.
  the SAN SIRO ...  man ... i love that place!

Welcome smile.gif

So now we have 2 boys from Downunder cool.gif
misha
Inter - Milan

Milan is set to grind to a halt this Sunday afternoon for the Derby della Madonnina. Always a passionate affair, it promises to be an especially mouth-watering clash with both sides on such devastating form.

Inter are re-writing calcio history this term and have all but sealed the Scudetto with a commanding 16-point lead from nearest challengers Roma. The Nerazzurri were back to winning ways last weekend against Livorno after a draw with Udinese ended a 17-game winning streak, but will have been devastated by their midweek Champions League exit.

All that Roberto Mancini’s side can do now is avoid a catastrophic collapse in the League and try to dissolve the memory of events in Valencia with a second win over their bitter rivals.

Milan also approach the derby on confident form. Despite an eight point Calciopoli penalty, the Diavoli are in sixth and just three points short of a Champions League place after 15 games without defeat.

After a shaky start to the season, Carlo Ancelotti’s side have steadily improved and seem to be growing with each week. Milan ran out 3-1 victors against Chievo last weekend despite one of Dida’s occasional howlers and with their strikers starting to fire will believe that they can silence their Milanese rivals and keep the pressure on Empoli and Lazio.

When the clubs last met in October it was one of the best derbies of all time. Inter led 3-0 and 4-1 but were made to sweat for a 4-3 win after a late Milan rally. Marco Materazzi scored Inter’s crucial fourth and was dismissed for over-celebration. The Beneamata will be encouraged by their youth side’s comfortable 4-2 win over Milan last weekend.

Inter receive a boost with the news that Mancio is allowed on the bench despite receiving a red card against Livorno. However, they must do without the suspended Douglas Maicon. Ex-Milan midfielder Patrick Vieira and Esteban Cambiasso are still injured. Adriano may miss out, as may Hernan Crespo who was suspended last weekend. Nicolas Burdisso is a doubt after receiving a fractured nose in the fracas following the Valencia match.

Ancelotti’s injury crisis has eased slightly. Alessandro Costacurta, Marcos Cafu, Kakha Kaladze, Alessandro Nesta and Serginho are all still injured but Paolo Maldini and Pippo Inzaghi are fit again. Ronaldo prepares to face his former Inter teammates for the first time since his move to their arch rivals.

Man on fire: Zlatan Ibrahimovic (Inter) – Inter’s top scorer turned provider last weekend with a magic assist for Julio Cruz. Bristling with confidence, the giant Swede will be a terrifying proposition for the Rossoneri defence.

Last season: Inter 3-2 Milan

Form guide: Inter (W W W D W) Milan (W W W D W)

Inter (probable): Julio Cesar; Cordoba, Materazzi, Samuel, Grosso; Zanetti, Dacourt, Maxwell, Stankovic; Cruz, Ibrahimovic

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Simic, Bonera, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Brocchi, Kaka; Gilardino, Ronaldo

Football Italia
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.