Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 3/3/2007 - Serie A - Milan - Chievo
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
han2503
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 27

Milan - Chievo

Saturday 3rd of March 2007

Time: 20:30 (Italian Time) 19:30 (UK Time)
Rossoneri7
Milan should win this one ... Though they kept Roma at bay with a draw.

Milan should win

Milan 3 - 1 Chievo
dst
We'll kill them! Forza Milan!! devil.gif
han2503
I want to see R9 start in this one, with either Oli or Pippo. We need Pippo to get back in shape for Celtic.
Carlo might rest a couple of guys in this one and looking at our recent problems, I’m not so confident we can win.
I think we should play something like this

Oddo—Bonera—Simic—Janku
----Rino---Seedorf---Yoann---
--------------Kaka--------------
----------Pippo---R9-----------

If things go well and we build a 2 goal lead by half time, I would take off Kaka put on Oli and play 3 in attack with R9 and Oli supporting Pippo.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 28 2007, 09:42 PM)
I want to see R9 start in this one, with either Oli or Pippo. We need Pippo to get back in shape for Celtic.
Carlo might rest a couple of guys in this one and looking at our recent problems, I’m not so confident we can win.
I think we should play something like this

Oddo—Bonera—Simic—Janku
----Rino---Seedorf---Yoann---
--------------Kaka--------------
----------Pippo---R9-----------

If things go well and we build a 2 goal lead by half time, I would take off Kaka put on Oli and play 3 in attack with R9 and Oli supporting Pippo.

R9 with Oli again would be good to see. Especially since Oli didnt get his chance on Sunday. The line up looks good too, though I dont want Pippo to play in this one, I want him 100% ready for Celtic king.gif
dst
what about Pirlo?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2007, 09:52 PM)
what about Pirlo?

What about him ? tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 28 2007, 08:56 PM)
What about him ? tongue.gif

I hate that question!!!! mad.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2007, 10:03 PM)
I hate that question!!!!  mad.gif

laugh.gif I know tongue.gif

... Max's favourite biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 28 2007, 06:47 PM)
R9 with Oli again would be good to see. Especially since Oli didnt get his chance on Sunday. The line up looks good too, though I dont want Pippo to play in this one, I want him 100% ready for Celtic king.gif

I think he will need some match practice before the game to be 100%, that's why I think we should go with him, maybe take him off at some point in the game and put in Gila or Oli.
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 28 2007, 06:52 PM)
what about Pirlo?

Rested
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Feb 28 2007, 01:04 PM)
laugh.gif I know tongue.gif
... Max's favourite biggrin.gif

ahahahaaha!! Nicely done R7. Nicely done. biggrin.gif
Portman
We can't miss the 3 points on this one.

1-0.

PS: Two strikers, no matter if we need to go for a Primavera Team duo.
han2503
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 28 2007, 09:10 PM)
We can't miss the 3 points on this one.

1-0.

PS: Two strikers, no matter if we need to go for a Primavera Team duo.

I think we'll go for 2 strikers considering that we will get some defenders back.

And please no more 2 DMFs!!
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Feb 28 2007, 10:01 PM)
ahahahaaha!! Nicely done R7. Nicely done. biggrin.gif

dry.gif

QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 28 2007, 09:18 PM)
Rested

See?

... tongue.gif ( realmad.gif )
han2503
This will undoubtedly be a tough one, they where very impressive against Roma yesterday and they will probably put up a big fight.

We really need to try and kill off the game before the first half, against Palermo it really showed that they didn't have it in them to fight until the last minute. So we should push for the win to kill off the tie as fast as we can.

This is a MUST win, we can't drop anymore points or we will continue to lose ground
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 1 2007, 09:08 AM)
This is a MUST win, we can't drop anymore points or we will continue to lose ground

At this point, any game we play is a MUST win until the end of the season. It's just going to be so hard competing with Lazio... Those guys are doing absolutely fantastic... After that 3:0 win againts Roma, their confidence has skyrocketed...

I just hope Palermo keep dropping points...
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 1 2007, 06:56 PM)
At this point, any game we play is a MUST win until the end of the season. It's just going to be so hard competing with Lazio... Those guys are doing absolutely fantastic... After that 3:0 win againts Roma, their confidence has skyrocketed...

I just hope Palermo keep dropping points...

Yep, We have to fight it out with Empoli, Lazio and Palermo. It will be really hard. I can already see us losing 6 points against Inter and Roma so these 'easy' (and I use that term loosely because there is no easy game for us this season) games are the most crucial
arivanjj
4-1 for me.. Roni must start!!
m1ke
We'll win this. I don't know by how many, but we'll win.
Bluesummers
If carlo does not win this game, hes gonna be in hot water. I would personally play oli and ronaldo and rest gila. Hopefully he doesn't dive in the second leg. Gourcuff should get playing time in this one and we should rest pirlo or give him short time on. Bonera is a must and so is kaladze. Kalac played good, i hope he gets to play. I personally think as of now in our current conditions, kalac is a better choice than dida and storari but who knows how things turn out. This game cannot end in a draw or a loss. Its a must win situation. Things are getting dangerous in the table and we must be able to achieve a firm hold on 4th or 3rd place and we must do it quickly. Last minute sh!t in the table is not worth ruining CL place for.
KillerMax
laugh.gif laugh.gif Good joke!^
arivanjj
Milan - Chievo -- Football Italia preview

With so much at stake for both teams it will be a no holds barred encounter when Chievo travel to the Stadio Giuseppe Meazza to face Milan. Both sides have reached an all-important crossroads in the season that could make or break their campaigns.

The home side have seen a vast improvement since the winter break and have shot up the table into contention for a Champions League place, despite their poor start and an eight-point Calciopoli deduction. However, the lacklustre performance in the 0-0 stalemate with Palermo means the Rossoneri need a win here to avoid losing momentum and derailing their challenge for a top four spot.

It won’t be easy with so many players missing though. Paolo Maldini, Alessandro Costacurta, Marcos Cafu, Kakha Kaladze, Alessandro Nesta, Serginho and Filippo Inzaghi are all laid out on the treatment table and extremely doubtful for this crucial tie. With so many defenders out of action it will be crucial for the likes of Dario Simic and Daniele Bonera to step up a gear. Coach Carlo Ancelotti is also likely to switch to a 4-4-1-1 formation to provide more cover at the back, with Ronaldo taking the striker’s role supported by Kaka.

Chievo are not too much better off either, as they have an injury crisis of their own to contend with. Goalkeeper Vincenzo Sicignano, midfield duo Luciano and Luis Cesar Prates plus strikers Victor Obinna and Federico Cossato are all out injured. To make matters worse full-back Fabio Moro and Albanian hitman Erjon Bogdani have both picked up suspensions.

But there can be no excuses for the Gialloblu given their precarious League position. With just three points separating them from the relegation zone Coach Gigi Del Neri knows his side can’t afford to lose any more games. Their 3-0 thrashing of Torino and the 2-2 draw with Roma have started a wave of optimism at the Bentegodi, even if they let a two-goal lead slip away against the Giallorossi, and the fans will be hoping they can build up some momentum here.

Man on fire: Ronaldo (Milan) – The Brazilian has been showing signs of his former self since his January move to Milan and Il Fenomeno will be refreshed and ready for action after being rested in midweek.

Last season: Milan 4-1 Chievo

Form guide: Milan (W W W W D) Chievo (D L D W D)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Simic, Bonera, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Ronaldo

Chievo (probable): Squizzi; Malago, Mandelli, D’Anna, Lanna; Sammarco, Italiano, Brighi; Semioli, Pellissier, Cozzolino

Channel4
dst
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2007, 05:14 AM)
in our current conditions, kalac is a better choice than dida

How come?? huh.gif
HasanHasanly
Where is our Captain, and is Nesta likely to make it for the Celtic clash??

Im not sure if we will win, as Carlo wont play the best team right before a CL game, because he is probably afraid to lose more players. 0-0 i say.....

biggrin.gif
Bluesummers
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 2 2007, 07:20 AM)
How come??  huh.gif

His performance at celtic showed that he is capable of fighting Dida for the position.
m1ke
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Mar 2 2007, 02:36 PM)
His performance at celtic showed that he is capable of fighting Dida for the position.

I think Kalac has been half decent, but he didn't really have a lot to do against Celtic. Dida has looked very impressive during the last 2 games.
KillerMax
Are we really discussing this? This is like comparing Ambrosini with Kaka... rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
The way Kalac has been playing...it's like comparing Ambrosini with Rino.
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 2 2007, 11:57 AM)
The way Kalac has been playing...it's like comparing Ambrosini with Rino.

What? Kalac had a decent game against Celtic... Because they had no chances... There was one freekick and that tall @ss aussie better had saved it or he would have become utterly and completely useless... Other than that, he has been nothing but unreliable for us this season. I remember how Maldini and co had to sacrfice everything they had just so they can protect this clown from messing up... It was our DEFENDERS that protected him... He is MILES and MILES away from Dida...

Wheoever thinks Kalac is even worth being compared with Dida needs to open his eyes and realiaze that Dida is in a completely different league and planet than keepers like Kalac and Storari.... It's like saying Bresciano with Kaka... Same thing, these guys are completely different leagues... It's like comparing the Brazil national side with the Australian national side...

CAN I BE ANY CLEARER THAN THIS?
Tennie
Call-ups for the game:

PORTIERI: Dida, Kalac, Storari.

DIFENSORI: Bonera, Favalli, Grimi, Jankulovski, Oddo, Simic.

CENTROCAMPISTI: Ambrosini, Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf.

ATTACCANTI: Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira, Ronaldo.

At least the defense isn't quite so scary looking as for the Palermo game.
Jack Sparrow
It's like comparing the Brazil national side with the Australian national side...

WC 06 there wasn't much between them. rolleyes.gif

Of course if you wanna bring reputation, then it's different.
misha
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 2 2007, 08:10 PM)
What? Kalac had a decent game against Celtic... Because they had no chances... There was one freekick and that tall @ss aussie better had saved it or he would have become utterly and completely useless... Other than that, he has been nothing but unreliable for us this season. I remember how Maldini and co had to sacrfice everything they had just so they can protect this clown from messing up... It was our DEFENDERS that protected him... He is MILES and MILES away from Dida...

Wheoever thinks Kalac is even worth being compared with Dida needs to open his eyes and realiaze that Dida is in a completely different league and planet than keepers like Kalac and Storari.... It's like saying Bresciano with Kaka... Same thing, these guys are completely different leagues... It's like comparing the Brazil national side with the Australian national side...

So Dida is better than Kalac? tongue.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Mar 2 2007, 12:27 PM)
WC 06 there wasn't much between them. rolleyes.gif

Of course if you wanna bring reputation, then it's different.

It's not about reputation. No matter what form Australia, Belgium, Denmark, Sweden and teams of that caliber are in, they and the quality of their players will NEVER EVER reach the quality of teams and players of Brazil, Argentina, Italy and even Germany.
Jack Sparrow
I was just talking current touch. Quality-wise is a different ball game. Dida's been away too long, and could be susceptible to bloopers. Of course chances are really low of that happening.
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 2 2007, 08:10 PM)

Cool down baby... We all know Kalac is better than Dida!! cool.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 2 2007, 01:07 PM)
Cool down baby... We all know Kalac is better than Dida!!  cool.gif

You are calling me baby now? ........ sleep.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 2 2007, 09:30 PM)
You are calling me baby now? ........ sleep.gif

Are we moving too fast??
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Mar 2 2007, 01:45 PM)
Are we moving too fast??

I think so... I mean I haven't even met your parents yet... rolleyes.gif
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 2 2007, 06:10 PM)

No, can you give us more examples, I can't really understand what you're talking about unsure.gif

tongue.gif
Jack Sparrow
I think so... I mean I haven't even met your parents yet... rolleyes.gif

They threw him out after they found him jerkin off with a Gourcuff jersey in his hands...

*runs and hides*

No, can you give us more examples, I can't really understand what you're talking about ...

Not right now, him and dst are trying to hook up. Hold on. Oh and Kalac is the bomb. Dida is a loser. tongue.gif
KillerMax
Back on topic, I am gonna agree with m1ke. We are gonna win this one... There are teams that are tricky and then there are teams that aren't. Chievo isn't a tricky team. Our class will overcome their strength. And plus, this isn't the Chievo of a couple years ago when they had a great team.
Jack Sparrow
I know, but they are on a roll at the moment. Either that or Roma's slowing down. If Simic and Gila show up, no worries. I'd like to see Ronaldo and Oli given a run out, with Pippo coming in for Ron later on in the game.

Oddo's back, so that's good news.
han2503
From Carlo's press conference I think our team for tommorrow will be

Oddo--Bonera--Simic--Janku
----Rino---Pirlo---Seedorf----
------------Kaka---------------
-----Ronaldo--Gilardino------

or:

----Rino---Pirlo---Brocchi----
-------Kaka--Seedorf--------
----------Ronaldo-------------
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Mar 2 2007, 03:04 PM)
----Rino---Pirlo---Brocchi----
-------Kaka--Seedorf--------
----------Ronaldo-------------

That would be a huge HUGE mistake!
Jack Sparrow
I think the second one will be if we go a goal up. It's not like Ronaldo can't play sole striker, he's got the class. But is Kaka up to all these games at a stretch. I think Yoann should play instead of Kaka.
arivanjj
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Mar 3 2007, 08:11 AM)
That would be a huge HUGE mistake!

that's how Carlo likes it!
mAd ShEvA
F o r z a M i l a n king.gif
misha
Del Neri admires Milan

Chievo Coach Gigi Del Neri has called this afternoon’s opponents Milan “an entire squad of Fenomeni, not just Ronaldo.”

The Flying Donkeys pay visit to San Siro and the questions focused on Ronaldo, although there was much more as far as the tactician was concerned.

“Milan are a squad full of great players. You just have to mention the names Paolo Maldini, Kaka, Andrea Pirlo and now Ronaldo as well. The whole side are Fenomeni.

“If we are to beat them, then we must try to block their initiatives and maintain a very high level of concentration throughout. Also, as they play at a slower tempo than Roma, we’ll focus more on raising our pace.”

The 2-2 draw with Roma midweek impressed, especially as Chievo are still in the midst of an injury crisis that has ruled out Federico Cossato, Vincenzo Sicignano, Luciano, Cesar Prates and Victor Obinna, on top of the suspended Fabio Moro and Erjon Bogdani.

“We are playing good football and proved that against the likes of Inter, Palermo and Roma,” continued Del Neri.

“When you pick up points against the big clubs, it’s worth something in terms of morale as well as in the table, especially as they are unexpected. Those results gave us confidence and certainty in our capabilities.”

Sergio Pellissier is expected to start upfront alongside Franco Semioli and Giuseppe Cozzolino in a 4-3-3 system.

“I don’t want to hear talk of an emergency situation, as those who played on Wednesday, like Giovanni Marchese and Michele Marcolini, showed they were up to the task. Perhaps we are missing a few people in key roles, so to get round that we will look at the system we’ll adopt.”

Chievo squad: Brighi, Concetti, Cozzolino, D'Anna, Italiano, Kosowski, Lanna, Malagò, Mandelli, Mantovani, Marchese, Marcolini, Pellissier, Rickler, Rrudho, Sammarco, Scurto, Semioli, Squizzi, Troiano.

Football Italia
han2503
Serie A Preview: Milan - Chievo

This match pits two clubs with very different aims against each other.

When: Saturday March 3, 20:30 (CET)

Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan, Italy

BACKGROUND

Despite the scoreless draw away to Palermo on Wednesday, Milan are still quite confident of being able to obtain one of the Champions League qualification, which would come with a fourth place or better finish.

In the aforementioned match, they dominated the play in the first half, and if not for the missed penalty by Kakà inside of ten minutes, they most likely would have won the full allotment of points. Probably because of the penalty miss, Kakà was like a demon possessed, and took on every defender in sight, with a fair amount of success, highlighted by his nutmeg of a Palermo defender.

The front line and midfield had to make up for the lack of defensive options, as Milan were without eight defenders listed on the club roster. In fact, they fielded defensive midfielder Cristian Brocchi as a makeshift right fullback. Still, they were able to keep a talented Palermo frontline from scoring.

Chievo Verona are also facing the prospect of achieving the goal they currently have set for themselves, which is to avoid relegation. A mere three points separate the Flying Donkeys from the drop zone, and they must continue the good run of form they have recently experienced.

A 3-0 steamrolling of Torino and the 2-2 draw against Roma (both at home) can give them confidence in taking their show on the road and earning some points.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (W W D, 37 points, 6th place in Serie A)

The Rossoneri are on a run of form right now that can only be bested by their city rivals, Inter Milan, who up until Wednesday had won seventeen straight matches. Milan have not lost since November, and they will again field a 4-4-1-1 formation because of the lack of defensive cover.

Chievo (D W D, 23 points, 15th place in Serie A)

The Gialloblu have begun to put together some good results, and must continue to do so in order to avoid the drop. As they are one of the few sides near the bottom of the table who could be described as “to good to go down”, they must now prove it.

TEAM NEWS

Milan have a who’s who list of Serie A players currently out of the lineup. Names such as Paolo Maldini, Filippo Inzaghi, Alessandro Nesta, Marcos Cafu, and Alessandro Costacurta will be watching from the stands. They are joined by Serginho, Kakhaber Kaladze, and possibly Massimo Ambrosini.

Chievo have major absences, too. Victor Obinna and Federico Cossato are missing from the frontline, while midfielders Luciano and Cesar Prates, along with goalkeeper Vincenzo Sicignano, join them on the training table. The biggest absentees, however, are the suspended duo of Erjon Bogdani and Fabio Moro.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Ronaldo (Milan) – Because he is cup-tied and cannot be used in the Champions League, he will definitely play from the start in this match, and with the support of Kakà, should be able to continue to find the form which earned him the nickname ‘Il Fenomeno’.

Sergio Pellissier (Chievo) – This tiny Italian with a French name always performs well against Milan, and has terrorized their defense in recent seasons with his ability to make timely runs. In being able to play versus a thin backline for Milan, he should get several good scoring chances.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-4-1-1): Dida; Oddo, Simic, Bonera, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Ronaldo

Chievo (4-3-1-2): Squizzi; Malago, Mandelli, D’Anna, Lanna; Sammarco, Italiano, Brighi; Semioli; Pellissier, Cozzolino

PREDICTION

This is sure to be an affair full of quality midfield play and good runs by the strikers. In saying that, I don’t believe the goals will flow, and a low scoreline is to be expected.

Milan 1-0 Chievo
arivanjj
acmilan.com probable line-up:

--------------------------Dida----------------------------

---Oddo------Simic-----------Bonera------Jankulovski--

-------------------------Pirlo------------------------

------------Gattuso-------------Cristian Brocchi----- rolleyes.gif

------------------------Kaká--------------------------

---------------Gilardino-----------Ronaldo----------
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.