Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: England vs Holland
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
dst
He-he!! Inspired by Ash. biggrin.gif
Portman
I vote for Stam. Or Totti to take one of the PK. rolleyes.gif

PS: Go Ingurlund! In the quarter-finals you'll get Scolari, as always. wink.gif
dst
I really think it would never end. Well not "really"... tongue.gif
misha
You can also add Italy to that list although they broke the ice in the summer smile.gif
han2503
They will be shooting blanks all day, so I voted for the poor pigeons, especially with Lampard, when there is no one to deflect his shots in he always messes up.

That's why we should never again let Seedorf take an important penalty for us.
LaPalma
The Germans of course devil.gif
No, I think the Netherlands would win. At least they won a the PK shootout against Sweden in 2004. When I think of Englands PK performance in the WC I still have to laugh....
Locke Lamora
Netherlands would win like 4-1.
dst
So, I sort of got my answer... the result is a boring process with both teams scared to take the penalty kicks and... England lose again! biggrin.gif

Sorry lads...
LaPalma
And I always thought Pk shootouts can't be boring...well...today I learned my lesson rolleyes.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jun 20 2007, 08:30 PM)
And I always thought Pk shootouts can't be boring...well...today I learned my lesson rolleyes.gif

I'm slightly biased as England were involved. But today was one of the best there has ever been in my opinion.

The fact that it was an U21 game didn't help, but the tension in it. It was just a bttle of nerve, top draw penalties taken by everyone. They had two chances to win it after we missed, both times their players didn't have the nerve, finally they beat us.

If that was at full international level in a big competition, the exact same shoot-out, it'd be regarded as the best ever, no question. The majority were superb penalties.

P.S. I don't really understand what people mean by 'neither wanted to win it'? 25 out of 30 were scored, that's a good ratio, meaning they were trying to score. huh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.