Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Birthday boy Baggio calls fans
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
misha
Roberto Baggio wub.gif turns 40 today and marked the occasion with an open letter to his fans all over the world.

“Hi everybody! How are you? I hope everything’s fine. Here we are again together after three years,” began his blog on robertobaggio.com.

“Who knows what you have done in this period? Probably many have married or have felt the joy of becoming a Father, as has happened to me. It is beautiful to see little Leonardo growing up. He is 22 months old and kicks the ball with all his strength. Leo plays with everybody and everything, but most of all he loves the ball.”

Il Divin Codino retired in 2004, having played for Vicenza, Fiorentina, Juventus, Milan, Bologna, Inter and Brescia.

“At last I’m enjoying my family! I stay all day long with my wife and with my two other kids – Valentina and Mattia. I enjoy the role of a full time Dad, it’s terrific. I have much more time to play and to spend time with friends that have been always by my side during my career."

He was voted both European and World Player of the Year in 1993 and, in a FIFA Centenary poll, was voted fourth greatest of all time behind Pele, Diego Maradona and Eusebio.

“We come back with the website after three years – my first three years as football spectator. We come back to repay your love, that it never lacked in this period and for that I thank you.”

Baggio always said he would shy away from the spotlight following his retirement and that proved to be the case, as he has not followed in the footsteps of his contemporaries as a Coach or commentator.

“I don’t like to show myself in public, you know my attitude and behaviour. In talking to my great friend and manager Vittorio Petrone, I thought that the website is the right tool to communicate with you. I’ll send videos, I’ll write sometimes, I’ll be there,” he wrote to his fans.

“We’ll try to speak of many matters and about this I give you a tip. Which emotions did you feel in this period…do you want to tell me about them? Just few lines. As you know today is my 40th birthday and this can be a beautiful occasion to celebrate it together. When I blow out the candles on my birthday cake, I’ll be thinking of you.

“We come back with joy towards new goals, always led by those values I relied on during my life – courage, strength, determination and loyalty. And then the dream, never stop dreaming.”

Roby received birthday wishes from a special former teammate who is also celebrating this weekend.

“I wish Roberto a very happy 40th birthday,” said Ronaldo, who netted a brace in Milan’s 4-3 win over Siena.

“He is a great Number 10 who I had the good fortune of playing alongside at Inter.”

Football Italia
arivanjj
Happy Birthday Roby cry.gif
Rossoneri7
H-Birthday Roberto devil.gif
dst
Happy Birthday!! king.gif king.gif

(isn't Costacurta older!? biggrin.gif )
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 19 2007, 03:07 PM)
Happy Birthday!!  king.gif  king.gif

(isn't Costacurta older!?  biggrin.gif )

Of course....Anyway...Baggio, the best player since I watch football (along with Zidane), it's a shame he never really arrived at milan cry.gif
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Feb 20 2007, 01:27 AM)
Of course....Anyway...Baggio, the best player since I watch football (along with Zidane), it's a shame he never really arrived at milan cry.gif

"Never really arrived"?? He's had more than 40 appearences with the Milan shirt and around 15 goals... unsure.gif

But it's a shame what his agent said last year, that he (Baggio) wanted Milan before Giuve snatched him! sad.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 20 2007, 12:31 AM)
"Never really arrived"?? He's had more than 40 appearences with the Milan shirt and around 15 goals...  unsure.gif

But it's a shame what his agent said last year, that he (Baggio) wanted Milan before Giuve snatched him!  sad.gif

With "Never really arrived" I just meant that he wasn't the same player for us than he was with Giuve. You couldn't see the fire burning in him that he had with Giuve and Brescia...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.