Full Version: 04/02/07 - Serie A - Ascoli v Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2
Portman
Serie A 2006/2007 - Day 22

Ascoli v Milan

Sunday, 4th of February 2007

Time: 14:00 (UK), 15:00 (IT)

Next league fixture against the worst team in Serie A (20th place) - Ascoli.

Prediction: 0-1.

Forza Milan!
han2503
Ascoli always give us a hard time, no matter how we're playing so...
misha
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2007, 09:29 PM)
Ascoli always give us a hard time, no matter how we're playing so...

Yeah. Last season the game ended 1:1 there. But we must win games like that if we want the 4th place. 0:2
I_Rossoneri
Possible first league game for R9 devil.gif
han2503
QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 28 2007, 07:40 PM)
Yeah. Last season the game ended 1:1 there.  But we must win games like that if we want the 4th place. 0:2

The pitch was flooded in that game though.

But they always play compact and we find them hard to break down for some reason.

I only just hope that I won't see Gila and Pippo playing next to eachother, especially now that Pippo has scored it seems inevitable.

Let's hope R9 is ready by then or at least Carlo will play Oli. Seriously what is Carlo's problem with Oli??
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2007, 10:58 PM)
The pitch was flooded in that game though.

But they always play compact and we find them hard to break down for some reason.

I only just hope that I won't see Gila and Pippo playing next to eachother, especially now that Pippo has scored it seems inevitable.

Let's hope R9 is ready by then or at least Carlo will play Oli. Seriously what is Carlo's problem with Oli??

It has something to do w/ consistency I guess .. But none of our strikers r consistent, so huh.gif unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 28 2007, 08:41 PM)
It has something to do w/ consistency I guess .. But none of our strikers r consistent, so  huh.gif  unsure.gif

Not even when any of our strikers where scoring was Carlo giving Oli as many chances as he gave to Gila and Pippo.

I can't shake the feeling that he doesn't like him much
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 28 2007, 11:42 PM)
Not even when any of our strikers where scoring was Carlo giving Oli as many chances as he gave to Gila and Pippo.

I can't shake the feeling that he doesn't like him much

I understand u .. But to Carlo, Gilardino and Inzaghi r consistent .. Where as Oliviera isn't .. Cuz he scored like max 5 goals in all competitions till now for Milan. Which isn't exactly contributing much to his position.

Maybe in time, he'll fit in better and score more. But at the moment, Gilardino and Inzaghi are Carlo's first choice. At the moment, Carlo has R9 .. Which I'm sure will either shove Gila or Inzaghi to the bench .. And Oli would contribute to the CL games.
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 29 2007, 12:45 AM)
I understand u .. But to Carlo, Gilardino and Inzaghi r consistent .. Where as Oliviera isn't .. Cuz he scored like max 5 goals in all competitions till now for Milan. Which isn't exactly contributing much to his position.

Pippo scored even less and he is playing in a little more advanced position
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Jan 29 2007, 01:53 AM)
Pippo scored even less and he is playing in a little more advanced position

Yeah, but we were talkin about Carlo's relationship w/ Oli .. And why Carlo insists on playing Gila and Inzaghi ahead o Oli.

In which case, Gila and Inzaghi have won the confidence of Carlo bcz of previous season(s) ... Remember last season, Gilardino barelly played when he first came .. It was mostly the Sheva - Inzaghi pairing in the most cruscial games .. (basically most of our games were crucial).
KillerMax
Oli has only scored 3 goals in all comps whereas Inzaghi has scored 6 or 7. Oli needs the confidence of the club, that's all. Like what the did whith Gila.
arivanjj
i actually want to see Oli play along side Roni in this match! it might help his confidence.
X-Offender
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 28 2007, 06:17 PM)
Prediction: 0-1.

QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 29 2007, 02:18 AM)
Oli has only scored 3 goals in all comps whereas Inzaghi has scored 6 or 7. Oli needs the confidence of the club, that's all. Like what the did whith Gila.

And we all saw the huge confidence the club has in him, such as loaning him to Madrid. rolleyes.gif
jefri91
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 30 2007, 04:16 PM)

And we all saw the huge confidence the club has in him, such as loaning him to Madrid. rolleyes.gif

Can't wait to see Ronaldo play. I've got a good feeling about him.
oh and 0-4 for MIlan
mishie
0-3 this game we can't and won't lose. Ascoli in terrible form on paper a easy game and i don't expect any trouble for us at all. Would like to see Storari make his debut to soon for R9 tho
Warchant
it seems like we've played worse against the bad teams huh.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 30 2007, 11:43 PM)
it seems like we've played worse against the bad teams  huh.gif

We folded against the good ones also
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 30 2007, 05:55 PM)
We folded against the good ones also

Actually we didn't win even one game agianst a good team...
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Jan 31 2007, 12:09 AM)
Actually we didn't win even one game agianst a good team...

Actually we where cheated out of a draw with Roma (Totti offside goal)

But basically yes we didn't do anything against sides that are even remotely good
Rossoneri7
Milan will get the 3 points devil.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 30 2007, 09:00 PM)
Milan will get the 3 points devil.gif

Let's hope so...
han2503
This is the match that really counts.

We need Kaka to finally wake up again and Pirlo to get his act together if we want to win
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 01:25 AM)
We need Kaka to finally wake up again and Pirlo to get his act together if we want to win

It's already been 5 months we've been asking for him to do so and he hasn't... what makes you think it's gonna happen now!??
agenth
if we don't win 3-0 maybe we don'T deserve playing in serie a
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2007, 01:46 AM)
It's already been 5 months we've been asking for him to do so and he hasn't... what makes you think it's gonna happen now!??

which of them do you mean?
dst
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 1 2007, 02:54 AM)

Okayyy!!

And no we ain't going to win 3-0!

QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 1 2007, 02:55 AM)
which of them do you mean?

Pirlo obviously... you haven't been paying attention! happy.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 1 2007, 12:54 AM)

Hello Serie B, oh sh!t Juve will not be there for us ohmy.gif

QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2007, 01:16 AM)

Pirlo is sleeping since last year sleep.gif happy.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif
arivanjj
Ascoli - Milan
Football Italia preview

Ascoli are in a sorry state in the Italian championship. They have begun to change that but the fixture list is doing them no favours at the moment. Milan are the expected guests at the Lillo Del Duca and the home fans do not really expect to have anything very much to cheer about when the final whistle goes on Sunday.

All that said, they did not expect much from the trip to Sicily either and yet they came away with what was only their second win of the season. The victory arrived in the midst of circumstances that were as unexpected as the result itself. Two injury time goals from 20-year-old Michele Paolucci have left the home side just three points adrift of Parma in the League and four points away from prospective safety.

Ascoli Coach Nedo Sonetti will be without centre-back Luigi Di Biagio for the next two games, who, instead of celebrating his side’s late equaliser when it came, began arguing with the fourth official about the penalty which Alessandro Parisi had converted to give Messina the lead and got sent off for his trouble. It gives Marco Pecorari another chance to prove himself at the back. Gaetano Fontana could also come into central midfield alongside Paolo Zanetti in place the Ukrainian Vitor Boudianski.

Sonetti will want to close down Milan’s midfield and a five man midfield looks likely as his side will have to contend with Andrea Pirlo and Kaka’ among others. All fans of the Bianconeri will be hoping young Paolucci’s brace last time out was more than a fluke

Carlo Ancelotti’s Milan side are just three points away from the season’s objective of getting back into Champions League positions in the domestic League. A 1-0 win against Parma with a strike from Filippo Inzaghi assured the Rossoneri of their fourth Serie A win in the last five games.

With the arrival of Massimo Oddo and the return of a finally fit Daniele Bonera, Milan’s defence looks in better shape than it has all term, and they will be looking for another clean sheet at Ascoli. Massimo Ambrosini looks likely to come in, in place of Cristian Brocchi, Alberto Gilardino will probably be given another start up front, with Inzaghi possibly coming off the bench again if the need arises. It remains to be seen whether Ronaldo will be included in the squad after his arrival.

Man on fire: Michele Paolucci (Ascoli) – A double strike from the youngster gave his team the win, superb movement and brilliant finishing with both head and feet. Watch this space.

Last season: Ascoli 1-1 Milan

Form guide: Ascoli (L W L L W) Milan (W W W D W) ohmy.gif smile.gif

Ascoli (probable): Pagliuca; Melara, Pecorari, Nastase, Minieri; Fini, Fontana, Zanetti, Bonanni, Gubert; Paolucci

Milan (probable): Dida; Oddo, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Ambrosini, Seedorf, Kakà; Gilardino

Channel4
arivanjj
i like that line-up except i'd have Gourcuff instead of Ambro and R9 instead of Seedorf
han2503
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 1 2007, 12:54 AM)

That's being way over dramatic now. I don't even care if we win with a dodgy penalty in minute 90 as long as we get the 3 points rolleyes.gif

As for the line up

No more 2 defensive midfielders, it just ruins our game, playing 4-4-1-1 with no wide players is just terrible also.

4-3-1-2

Oddo--Bonera--Maldini--Janku
--Gattuso--Seedorf--Gourcuff--
---------------Kaka--------------
--------Oliveira--Gilardino------

As dst said Pirlo won't be getting his act together anytime soon so he might as well just step off right now for the time being.

Oli just needs to play this one. arivanjj, R9 won't be ready until the Livorno match.
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 12:04 PM)

That's exactly how we should play! Maybe Gattuso in Seedorf's place would be even better. But I really doubt Oliveira will play in this game, Willy is more likely to...
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2007, 11:00 AM)
That's exactly how we should play! Maybe Gattuso in Seedorf's place would be even better. But I really doubt Oliveira will play in this game, Willy is more likely to...

When I was watching the Parma match I kept think that Seedorf would be much more effective if he was played in the right. When he comes up in the left flank and crosses most of the time he has to cross with his left foot. I think he would be far more effective if he and Gattuso switched positions. Seedorf playing on the right and Rino on the left
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 01:18 PM)
Seedorf playing on the right and Rino on the left

I was thinking Rino on the center. We would be too vulnerable with Gourcuff there, he'd better play on the left!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2007, 11:24 AM)
I was thinking Rino on the center. We would be too vulnerable with Gourcuff there, he'd better play on the left!

I was saying when Pirlo is playing we should play like this

Seedorf--Pirlo--Rino

But yeah, if we are going to go with benching Pirlo for this game then I think miving Rino towards the middle is a good idea.

So you're saying it wouldlook like this right?

Seedorf--Rino--Yoann
dst
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 01:26 PM)
Seedorf--Rino--Yoann

Pirlo needs to be given a warm seat on the bench for some gameS...
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 1 2007, 02:16 AM)
Okayyy!!

And no we ain't going to win 3-0!

rolleyes.gif of course I have been paying attention to them, but some people have weird opinions rolleyes.gif

unsure.gif I pray for a win cool.gif
berenike_10
---------------Dida

---Oddo--Bonera--Maldini--Marek

---Gattuso--Seedorf--Gourcuff

---------------Kaka

--------Oliveira--Gilardino

This is a good line up , i hope ancelotti does not line up again brocchi and gatusso, or ambrosini at the starting line up at the same time.

nesta is still down like for ... hummm 30 days right ??
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Feb 1 2007, 02:30 PM)
---------------Dida

---------------Kaka

This is a good line up , i hope ancelotti does not line up again brocchi and gatusso, or ambrosini at the starting line up at the same time.

nesta is still down like for ... hummm 30 days right ??

Hopefully he'll be ready for the CL ties
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 08:49 AM)
Hopefully he'll be ready for the CL ties

We really need this guy... its amazing to see how much we miss nesta, i hope he's ready for the cl ties.

also pirlo needs some rest, he's way out of form now, and it could good for gourcuff having some minutes on the field.

Forza milan !
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Feb 1 2007, 03:12 PM)
We really need this guy... its amazing to see how much we miss nesta, i hope he's ready for the cl ties.

also pirlo needs some rest, he's way out of form now, and it could good for gourcuff having some minutes on the field.

Forza milan !

imo we miss Sergio more, if you look at our record so far we have one of the best defences in the leugue.

We miss Serginho's pace down the flanks and it's partly why our in-box strikers where suffering a lot, because both of them need arial balls because both are good with their heads.
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 09:34 AM)
imo we miss Sergio more, if you look at our record so far we have one of the best defences in the leugue.

We miss Serginho's pace down the flanks and it's partly why our in-box strikers where suffering a lot, because both of them need arial balls because both are good with their heads.

i we talk about missing.. i think we all miss someone else above all... smile.gif , too bad sergio's back crack out, he is an exellen ball cross player, and really fast, marek can also cross good balls, but hes not that fast as sergio.
X-Offender
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Feb 1 2007, 03:30 PM)
---------------Dida

---------------Kaka

That'll do it, but I don't think Dida will be available for this match.
agenth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Feb 1 2007, 11:04 AM)
That's being way over dramatic now. I don't even care if we win with a dodgy penalty in minute 90 as long as we get the 3 points  rolleyes.gif

As for the line up

No more 2 defensive midfielders, it just ruins our game, playing 4-4-1-1 with no wide players is just terrible also.

4-3-1-2

As dst said Pirlo won't be getting his act together anytime soon so he might as well just step off right now for the time being.

Oli just needs to play this one. arivanjj, R9 won't be ready until the Livorno match.

good line up..

and no dida can't play he's probably out the whole season
X-Offender
QUOTE (mchanna @ Feb 1 2007, 11:46 PM)
and no dida can't play he's probably out the whole season

One month, just one month.
Diavolo
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Feb 1 2007, 11:50 PM)
One month, just one month.

Well... we'll see it tomorrow. It might not be just one month - it could be even 3 - 4 months (that means practicly the end of a season for Dida - in this case scenario it could also mean that he has played last game for Milan against Roma yesterday - if he doesn't renew his contact).
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Diavolo @ Feb 1 2007, 08:58 PM)
Well... we'll see it tomorrow. It might not be just one month - it could be even 3 - 4 months (that means practicly the end of a season for Dida - in this case scenario it could  also mean that he has played last game for Milan against Roma yesterday - if he doesn't renew his contact).

I didn't get a chance to see the game, What happened to Dida? Also for the line up i think i'm going to go with xmas one. I ronaldo doubt will play, most likely inzaghi will get playing time. Oli won't play at all shows just how carlo is a little bit favoritist.
misha
------------Storari
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Gourcuff--
--------Ronaldo--Gilardino------

*Oli for Ronaldo in the half. I think he is capable to play 45 min

I would go with this , although Carlo most likely will play with one striker.
KillerMax
QUOTE (mishale @ Feb 2 2007, 06:01 AM)
------------Storari
--Gattuso--Pirlo--Gourcuff--
--------Ronaldo--Gilardino------

*Oli for Ronaldo in the half. I think he is capable to play 45 min

I would go with this , although Carlo most likely will play with one striker.

I would play the same formation but pplay Oli first and bring in Ronaldo for him in mid second half.
LaPalma
There will be no match....
Diavolo
There will be no game this weekend. All the games are sospended for uncertain time. ITALY MUST DO SOMETHING AGAINST THIS VIOLENCE IN THE WORLD OF SPORT (FOOTBALL). THIS IS JUST A GAME FOR GODNESSAKE NOT A WAR WHERE PEOPLE DIE!

P.S: That means Milan will get some needed rest and maybe recover some of the players.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.