dst
I hope you get to win many trophies with Milan!! welcome smile.gif
agenth

devilsmiley.gif devil.gif king.gif wub.gif
agenth

AAaah I love the Championsleague trophies biggrin.gif
misha
Oddo: "At last, Milan!"

Massimo Oddo has spoken of his relief at finally completing his long-awaited move to Milan.

“I had wanted to return to Milan for some time, so I am very happy to be here,” said the defender.

Lazio agreed terms for the player this week following a drawn-out negotiation process and Oddo signed a contract until 2011 this afternoon.

He made the switch in exchange for £5.5m and winger Pasquale Foggia, who was already on loan at the Stadio Olimpico.

“We are in this trophy room that is rich with so many victories and I remember seeing some of this silverware lifted by the Rossoneri when I was in the youth squad,” he noted at his presentation Press conference.

“Now I want to hold up a trophy, to win with this jersey, and I definitely have strong motivation for this new adventure.”

Oddo was frozen out of the Lazio squad for Sunday’s 0-0 draw with Milan, but is ready to make his debut for the new club against Parma this weekend.

“I am at the disposal of the Coach. I trained up until a few days ago, so I am in good shape.”

It’s reported the right-back wanted to be given the Number 30 jersey, a reminder of the 3-0 triumph Lazio celebrated over Roma in this season’s derby, but it was already taken and he has instead been given the 44 shirt.

“It was a long negotiation process and I always hoped it would be resolved, but I am accustomed to being relaxed and certain only after pen is put to paper.”

Football Italia
Fillipo Simone
I`m very interested...whats your opinion on Oddo after these first months?

Well I`m very confused. He is capable of makeing brilliant and idiotic things in one and the same match. But I have that feeling he isn`t quite up to his role, the importance of Milan and the big matches. Against Inter and Bayern he was really poor. I mean, he is the only Milan starting player (winger/RB) whoose crossing really can make me red and shame. In some occasions his crossing is like Cafu`s at his best, and sometimes he crosses even worse than Å imić. Really disgracefull...

But all in all his passing really isn`t precise enough and I suppose Oddo is not a real long term solution as RB, or? unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ Apr 6 2007, 02:06 PM)
I suppose Oddo is not a real long term solution as RB, or? unsure.gif

I think he is. He comes from the Milan youth system and I think he counts as such while starting next year every team will have to have 2 player from their youth side into the team. That's also the reason why acmilan.com bother posting the results of the youth teams this year... rolleyes.gif

Well in general, he's... not bad. He's good both in the attack and defence but he makes idiotic mistakes. His technique is not anything great and he can't cross while running but he has decent tackling abilities.

Normally (if we did not need a new player for every department that is biggrin.gif ) I'd say we'd be better off buying another RB but I think if we get a world-class CB there won't be a great need.
fresh_prince7
I think he's very good offensively. Provided a wonderful assist to pirlo and a perfect volley cross to gila (who somehow didn't score). rolleyes.gif

In the bayern game I thought he looked very fragile at the back. The sort of player as an attacker you'd feel confident in beating him time and time again.

Those of you who get to watch every game would have a better opinion and maybe that was just a stray game for him.

In comparison to nesta who just seems to be in the right positions when the ball or players are in threatening positions (besides his one lapse of concentration). Obviously different players, different class but oddo didn't in my opinion have that presense.
Jack Sparrow
For me the only top class Italian RB is Zambo. But the second best is easily Oddo. You only have to look at the general muck pretending to be RBs these days.

However is it just me or is there a consensus that the fullback quality in world football has been seeing a sudden downturn?

I mean just consider the LB position...we had Maldini, then Carlos and now who....
KillerMax
Oddo needs time. He will overcome.
Jack Sparrow
ooooooh..deep in my heart....i do believe....he shall overcome some day.....

Anybody else heard that song??
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 6 2007, 10:51 PM)
ooooooh..deep in my heart....i do believe....he shall overcome some day.....
Anybody else heard that song??

Yeah, but I broke my record listening to it, when Gila stopped scoring, u know back in those days rolleyes.gif
Jack Sparrow
I still have mine. I kept it for Pirlo. wink.gif tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Apr 6 2007, 06:49 PM)
I mean just consider the LB position...we had Maldini, then Carlos and now who....

Italy in particular has never seen great RBs. While at the LB department... man, Facchetti, Cabrini and Maldini have kept Italy in universe class for 4 decades!! Amazing trio... I cannot name any other one so great, in any position!

As for the future... well I don't know. In the 90's we had two fullbacks in Paolo and R. Carlos who both deserved the Ballon d'Or... we're far from that level now but there are some great players such as Daniel Alves!
nuh
no but oddo is great i think he is doing very gd with us and i never saw him do any thing bad and i would much rather have him then cafu playing or simic
misha
Oddo: AC Milan move now justified
tribalfooball.com - April 18, 2007

Massimo Oddo says his decision to quit Lazio for AC Milan in January has been justified by their run to the Champions League semis.
The fullback said: "I feel I'm becoming part of this group, but I know I'm capable of being able to still give more and to improve my performances. Being part of this Milan team is the most important experience. Above all else, the chance to reach the Champions League final is incredible. For any player, this would be a career highlight."
anano1214
biggrin.gif

dst
Great job anano!

Thanks for the Nesta and Maldini blogs links! smile.gif
anano1214
You're welcome dst
arivanjj
Oddo: It was the right move

Milan defender Massimo Oddo has admitted that joining the Rossoneri in January was one of the best decisions of his career.

The World Cup winner headed north after almost five seasons with Lazio and is now just weeks away from appearing in his first Champions League Final.

“I believe that moving here was the right choice for me, the best decision I could take,” noted the right-back. “I have joined an amazing squad.

“I have been here for four months, we are fourth in the table and we are set to play for the Champions League. We have reached some important objectives.”

The Italian international has immediately won the faith of boss Carlo Ancelotti and Oddo maintains that the Coach will still be at Milan next term.

“In football the only thing that counts are results and he is one of the tacticians who has won the most,” explained the former Biancocelesti captain. “He is doing great and we are all sure he will stay.

“What we have done this year is excellent, especially if you consider what happened at the start of the season.

“We have achieved these results together, as a group, and the Coach kept us united despite the difficulties.

“We had nerves of steel and the club was always there to support us, as well as the fans. The Athens Final is a prize that must be shared between all of us.”

The stopper also dismissed fears that his side will lack motivation in their remaining League games against Catania and Udinese by focusing purely on the Athens showdown with Liverpool.

“Closing the championship is the main issue,” he added. “If we win against Catania, we will secure fourth place and this will allow us to concentrate on the Final.

“It is a big advantage for us and that’s what will drive us. From that point of view there are no problems at all.”

Channel4
Fillipo Simone
He is a lucky b@stard in all seneses to me... biggrin.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (Fillipo Simone @ May 12 2007, 07:20 PM)
He is a lucky b@stard in all seneses to me... biggrin.gif

in every damn way tongue.gif
Portman

What a year for Oddo.

» World Cup Champion with Italy.
» As Lazio captain moves in December to "his club": Milan to play the Champions League.
» Wins the Champions League with Milan as a first 11 player.

This guy is the man.
Now... he just misses the Tokyo - FIFA World Club Championship, competition that he'll play next December.

And he'll have the best year of his career.
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (Porty @ May 24 2007, 12:11 AM)

What a year for Oddo.

» World Cup Champion with Italy.
» As Lazio captain moves in December to "his club": Milan to play the Champions League.
» Wins the Champions League with Milan as a first 11 player.

This guy is the man.
Now... he just misses the Tokyo - FIFA World Club Championship, competition that he'll play next December.

And he'll have the best year of his career.

I'm not sure many people have ever had a year that good. That's darn impressive.
bigmacmtl
Before the second leg in Munich I was talking to Massimo Ambrosini and we said if we won that, then we would win the Champions League," revealed Oddo.

"Luckily we were right.

"It has certainly been a fantastic year when I have won the World Cup and the Champions League. I could not have asked for better!

"To be perfectly honest, I don’t entirely feel the World Cup was ‘mine’ as I only played around 20 minutes, but I was always ready and tried to make myself useful.

"It was a wonderful experience."

The former Lazio man then thanked his Milan teammates for making him feel at home, despite only having arrived in January.

"I must thank the Coach and my teammates for helping me to settle immediately," he said.

"It is not easy to join a big club mid-season and learn their system. I must also thank Lazio, as if I am here now it is at least partly because of that side."

The celebrations, however, had left the right-back with a scar. "I’ve lost my winner’s medal," he revealed. "I’ve got to find it again or get them to make me another one!"
bigmacmtl
LMAO laugh.gif oddo lost his medal!!! hahahahahahaha
Bluesummers
riise probably took it LOL
amancik
... Oddo was no doubt a great buy ...
Fillipo Simone
Well... rolleyes.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ May 24 2007, 03:22 AM)
LMAO laugh.gif oddo lost his medal!!! hahahahahahaha

They are scousers they will nick anything, they'd have the wheels off your car (you think I'm joking!)
dst
Scousers stole it!

But don't be a baby Massimo, go get another one next season!! cool.gif
han2503
btw, just want to say that I thought Oddo was probably joint second best player against Liverpool on Weddnesday with Nesta (Pippo obviously coming in 1st) He was great in defence, had Zenden and Riise in his pocket throughout the game) and knew when to stay back and defend and when to go up and help out in attack.

Just wanted to point that out, since Oddo has probably been 1 of our unsung heros ever since he came in January and helped turn around our season with Ronaldo

king.gif king.gif
Jack Sparrow
@han:

Unsung hero? Whatcho talkin about garry?

Oddo's been our second best defender after Nesta. No arguments!!
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 27 2007, 05:37 AM)
@han:

Unsung hero? Whatcho talkin about garry?

Oddo's been our second best defender after Nesta. No arguments!!

When you compare the praise others like Ronaldo, Nesta and Kaka have gotten then you can call him an unsung hero
Jack Sparrow
Darn...I knew I didn't have much of a singing voice, but you make it sound like I got something personal against the guy.

I looove Oddo.

tongue.gif wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ May 27 2007, 09:55 AM)
Darn...I knew I didn't have much of a singing voice, but you make it sound like I got something personal against the guy.

I looove Oddo.

tongue.gif wink.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

It's not about you, it's just a general observation that he doesn't get as much praise as he deserves, that's all smile.gif
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 27 2007, 11:34 AM)
biggrin.gif  biggrin.gif

It's not about you, it's just a general observation that he doesn't get as much praise as he deserves, that's all  smile.gif

Hey...I`ve been shouting out loud for quite some time against Oddo. But the last few weeks he deserved only good comments from myself. So...what more can you expect? cool.gif

Okay, I must mention this just once - he has to practice the offensive job more for the summer break. I recomend spending some time with Cafu and Sergio.. wink.gif
KillerMax
Is it just me or Oddo can't cross the ball? biggrin.gif I agree with what han said though, but the truth has to be told.
redbabies
when he was at Lazio, I always thought of him as a fullback which is better at attack than defence.

But, from January and on I saw that its the opposite. He needs to learn crosses more.
Fillipo Simone
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 28 2007, 09:31 AM)
Is it just me or Oddo can't cross the ball? biggrin.gif I agree with what han said though, but the truth has to be told.

I`ve pointed that one out for about a million times. His crossing makes me allways red ..blush.gif..I mean, with him you never know, sometimes he finds himself in a inpossible position and manages to assist or do something nice, but then again, there are a plenty of ordinary situations in which he barely finds any of our players.
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ May 28 2007, 08:31 AM)

I think he mainly always goes for pace rather than precision with his crosses, corners and free kicks. But I think he can do both for examply against Bayern Munich he delivered a couple of crosses that were basically laid on a plate for Gila and then that lob for Pirlo's goal.

I think he just needs to start making better decisions between when to go for pace and when to go for precision.

QUOTE (redbabies @ May 28 2007, 09:20 PM)
when he was at Lazio, I always thought of him as a fullback which is better at attack than defence.

But, from January and on I saw that its the opposite. He needs to learn crosses more.

Yep he's been great in defense for us and since we have Janku at LB who is very attacking it's good that we have more balance
amancik
QUOTE (han2503 @ May 29 2007, 12:51 PM)
I think he just needs to start making better decisions between when to go for pace and when to go for precision.
Yep he's been great in defense for us and since we have Janku at LB who is very attacking it's good that we have more balance

we certainly have more balance now, and it's one of the factors that helped us win Champions League,

which one would you rather go for?
Cafu and Serginho as full-backs or Jankulovski and Oddo?
bigmacmtl
hehe ya oddo's been great especially in CL, up until 82nd minute i thought he was our best player. Even my 12 year old bro saw that, he wants to get his jersey for next season ( i like doing the same, to get the jersey of one of our underrated players , but until maldini retires i will continue to get his jersey)
misha
QUOTE (amancik @ May 29 2007, 10:15 PM)

Of course Oddo and Janku. Serginho and especially Cafu aren't what they used to be
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (amancik @ May 29 2007, 07:15 PM)

I'm pretty sure Serginho's about 5th in rank for the Left-Back position. tongue.gif

Janku's got that position nailed down, Kaladze, Favalli and Paolo would be next in line. I think he's strictly 'Seedorf' now.
misha
Oddo hungry for glory

Milan defender Massimo Oddo is convinced that their Champions League success is just the first of many more triumphs.

The Rossoneri claimed their seventh European Cup by defeating Liverpool in Athens last week, but the Germany '06 winner is adamant that his side are still hungry for honours.

“The season which has just ended has been very positive, both for the World Cup win and for the Champions League victory,” said Oddo.

“However, I don’t think that this means we can’t do even better. We have set ourselves other objectives and we want to win everything!”
king.gif  king.gif

Oddo is currently on international duty ahead of the Euro 2008 qualifiers with the Faroe Islands and Lithuania on June 2 and 6.

However, Milan teammate Alessandro Nesta is not at Coverciano after he followed in the footsteps of Francesco Totti by refusing a call-up.

“I know why Nesta decided not to join us this time, but he will tell you,” he noted. “In any case I don’t think this means that he won’t play for the Nazionale again.

“All that we must do now is focus on our next two matches as we know that there are no easy ties in the game anymore.

“We could say that the match with the Faroe Islands can be considered a good training session in view of our trip to Lithuania, where we will be in for a very difficult time.”

The Azzurri are currently fourth in Group B behind Ukraine, Scotland and France and will face the Faroe Islands in Torshavn on Saturday.

The World Cup winners will then return to Italy to train at Milanello – Milan’s base – before flying to Lithuania on June 5. 
kurtsimonw
That's the attitude we want. cool.gif
Portman

“The season which has just ended has been very positive, both for the World Cup win and for the Champions League victory,” said Oddo.

“However, I don’t think that this means we can’t do even better. We have set ourselves other objectives and we want to win everything!”

The 2 first trophies to win in 2007/08:

UEFA Super Cup

FIFA Club World Cup (the cup is really beautiful) cool.gif

Forza Oddo!
Tennie
Massimo Oddo turns 31 today.

Happy Birthday!
Portman
Happy b-day Massimo! cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.