Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Doubts as Sheva returns for Blues
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Warchant

Andriy Shevchenko may have returned to Chelsea training following injury but a former teammate fears his path to the team may remain blocked.

Shevchenko has recovered from the buttock-muscle injury that has prevented him from taking any part in Chelsea's last two games.

He had been training on his own since being passed fit by Chelsea's medical department but was included in the main group for the first time.

However, he is unlikely to play against Liverpool from the start after being included in a training-ground match as part of the reserve team.

It is understood that Shevchenko wants to play at Anfield but Blues boss Jose Mourinho has been frustrated by the £30million striker's attitude.

The Portuguese coach is reported to have fallen out with owner Roman Abramovich over his use of the Ukrainian striker, although the club have strenuously denied this.

Mourinho has not so far been given funds to buy a new striker and is is claimed Abramovich wants him to get more out of the former AC Milan man.

Now Shevchenko's pal at Milan, Georgia defender Kakha Kaladze, claims it is Mourinho who is the problem and not his friend.

Kaladze said: "It seems to me that it's not Shevchenko who is a problem but Mourinho.

"It is very strange, footballers who play badly at Chelsea and sit on the bench start doing very well once they move out.

"Naturally Andriy is pretty upset. Psychologically, it is hard for him.

"It makes it difficult to understand why they bought him for such money."

Shevchenko's relationship with Abramovich is alleged to have caused friction between him and the rest of the squad.

The Ukrainian will not have helped his cause after reportedly claiming, on a Russian website, that he had certain 'misunderstandings' with Mourinho on 'some issues'.

Shevchenko has not scored since November but wants Mourinho to select him against Liverpool so he can show his 'true level of play'.

But Mourinho's alleged rift with the Russian owner shows no sign of relenting even after the claimed intervention of chief executive Peter Kenyon as peacemaker.

Abramovich may not be at Anfield to watch Chelsea because of business interests.

In training on Wednesday, Mourinho's first-team line-up included Shaun Wright-Phillips alongside Didier Drogba in attack.

There was no sign of captain John Terry who now looks certain to miss out with a leg injury which is related to his recent back surgery.

Michael Essien and Ricardo Carvalho will again be utilized at the center of the defense with Paulo Ferreira preferred to Geremi at right-back.
Warchant
i know this is beating a dead horse

but i'm really starting to feel sorry for this guy...i only wish he could have seen this mistake before he left
m1ke
I would still take him back if it was up to me.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (m1ke @ Jan 18 2007, 04:50 AM)
I would still take him back if it was up to me.

How could you ?! I wouldnt consider it, unless he is a freebe, even then I'd still look for other options
Warchant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 17 2007, 09:19 PM)
How could you ?! I wouldnt consider it, unless he is a freebe, even then I'd still look for other options

because, regardless if he left us or not, he is still a great player
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 18 2007, 07:41 PM)
because, regardless if he left us or not, he is still a great player

Was .. is the keyword rolleyes.gif

For all the years I followed this player, he was a role model and all that bullsh!t .. He had to lie ( please not get into this .. It's a lost cause in the end ) .
Warchant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 18 2007, 04:15 PM)
Was .. is the keyword rolleyes.gif

For all the years I followed this player, he was a role model and all that bullsh!t .. He had to lie ( please not get into this .. It's a lost cause in the end ) .

was? how can you say was? his World Cup performance was great and he just simply does not fit in with Chelsea. That doesn't mean he is no longer a great player.

zidane head butted a guy and arguably ended his career worse than anyone in the history of football...however, he is still a great player
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ Jan 19 2007, 02:11 AM)
was? how can you say was? his World Cup performance was great and he just simply does not fit in with Chelsea. That doesn't mean he is no longer a great player.

zidane head butted a guy and arguably ended his career worse than anyone in the history of football...however, he is still a great player

Zidane ended his career by taking France to the World Cup Final twice .. While ur Ukrainian friend, forgot his legacy at Milan. wink.gif He is our 2nd highest goal scorer of all time. But that is about it, i.e. if he keeps playing the way he has been rolleyes.gif
Bluesummers
Roseneri 7 you gotta understand that he left for two reasons. He's old slow and useless and wanted to end his career in milan without making a fool out of himself like inzaghi is doing right now. Secondly if some guy said we'll triple your wages i would be willing to bet that you would accept. Sheva would suck this season, and i agree with warchant, he doesnt fit into chelsea. that team does not understand the words play making. WE got some kaka wannabe(lampard), taking shots from half. Well why play with strikers then if he can shoot so well.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 19 2007, 02:16 AM)
Roseneri 7 you gotta understand that he left for two reasons.  He's old slow and useless and wanted to end his career in milan without making a fool out of himself like inzaghi is doing right now.  Secondly if some guy said we'll triple your wages i would be willing to bet that you would accept.  Sheva would suck this season, and i agree with warchant, he doesnt fit into chelsea.  that team does not understand the words play making.  WE got some kaka wannabe(lampard), taking shots from half.  Well why play with strikers then if he can shoot so well.

Yes, but Shevchenko only played w/ Kaka for 3 yrs .. He played great with Milan w/ or w/o Kaka. He left Milan because this/that, with all do respect, I dont care.

This has been recycled by us ever since the summer .. He is no longer an important player. He is no longer worth 30M. He is a has been ..

You think Inzaghi is making a fool out of himself ?! Pippo is well cared for at Milan, he gets his chances to play, he is loved by the fans, and is a very profilic striker.

No Sheva doesnt belong at Chelsea, he belongs at a golf field. He's done w/ football. He has won everything there is to win, plus and added bonus of whatever Chelsea win this season.
Bluesummers
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 18 2007, 05:24 PM)
Yes, but Shevchenko only played w/ Kaka for 3 yrs .. He played great with Milan w/ or w/o Kaka. He left Milan because this/that, with all do respect, I dont care.

This has been recycled by us ever since the summer .. He is no longer an important player. He is no longer worth 30M. He is a has been ..

You think Inzaghi is making a fool out of himself ?! Pippo is well cared for at Milan, he gets his chances to play, he is loved by the fans, and is a very profilic striker.

No Sheva doesnt belong at Chelsea, he belongs at a golf field. He's done w/ football. He has won everything there is to win, plus and added bonus of whatever Chelsea win this season.

some seriuos hatred is coming out of your post i can sense that. Your not gonna even begin to look at it from the other direction so i wont argue with you.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Bluesummers @ Jan 19 2007, 02:26 AM)
some seriuos hatred is coming out of your post i can sense that.  Your not gonna even begin to look at it from the other direction so i wont argue with you.

No no .. Dont get me wrong ..

It's just that since the past summer we have been debating this whole thing .. So I'm pretty sure many on this forum support u on ur point ..

but I personally didnt like Sheva leaving, especially when he kissed the chelsea shirt .. smile.gif
agenth
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 19 2007, 12:50 AM)
No no .. Dont get me wrong ..

It's just that since the past summer we have been debating this whole thing .. So I'm pretty sure many on this forum support u on ur point ..

but I personally didnt like Sheva leaving, especially when he kissed the chelsea shirt .. smile.gif

wrong smiley ohmy.gif rolleyes.gif laugh.gif wink.gif king.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mchanna @ Jan 19 2007, 02:51 AM)
wrong smiley  ohmy.gif  rolleyes.gif  laugh.gif  wink.gif  king.gif

biggrin.gif hehe .. what u suggest
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 19 2007, 01:57 AM)
biggrin.gif hehe .. what u suggest

Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Jan 19 2007, 11:49 AM)

han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 19 2007, 07:46 PM)

BWAHAHA!! laugh.gif laugh.gif
kaka_sheva
^^biggrin.gif
the drought has ended...he scored two goals against Wycombe today =/

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=212045&cc=5901
han2503
Drogba criticises Shevchenko for selfishness

PARIS (Reuters) - Ivory Coast striker Didier Drogba says Chelsea partner Andriy Shevchenko needs to be less selfish if he wants to succeed at Stamford Bridge.

"I like to share. But when I give, I like to have something in return," Drogba told France Football magazine in an interview.

"That is what happened last year with Hernan Crespo. This season, let us say it is a bit different.

"On his (Shevchenko's) side I do not really sense the desire to collaborate," he added.

"We know we are not rivals as there is room for two up front, which was not the case in past years."

Drogba believes the Ukrainian, who cost Chelsea some 30 million pounds from AC Milan last May, is under too much pressure to understand he has to cooperate with his team mate.

"Maybe he thinks he must justify his transfer by scoring no matter what it takes. It is really hard to deal with for him," Drogba was quoted as saying.

"But I was also in that position when I arrived in Chelsea. At Chelsea more than anywhere else you have to think of the squad before thinking to yourself."

Shevchenko has scored three goals from 21 Premier League games and his lack of form has caused tension at the English champions.

British newspapers have been awash in recent weeks with reports of a standoff between billionaire owner Roman Abramovich, who is a personal friend of Shevchenko, and Mourinho who has been exasperated with the striker, suggesting he could make more effort.

Shevchenko scored twice last Tuesday, the second laid on by Drogba, in Chelsea's 4-0 League Cup semi-final second leg win against fourth division Wycombe Wanderers, his first goals in any competition for seven weeks
han2503
Firsat he was going to help him in scoring now that he has finally scored he's criticising him of being selfish rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2007, 03:44 PM)
Firsat he was going to help him in scoring now that he has finally scored he's criticising him of being selfish  rolleyes.gif

And it wont stop .. till sheva gives up and wants to leave biggrin.gif But ohhh too bad we have R9 now tongue.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Jan 27 2007, 02:38 PM)
And it wont stop .. till sheva gives up and wants to leave biggrin.gif But ohhh too bad we have R9 now tongue.gif

Plus R9 is ONE WHOLE WEEK younger wink.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 27 2007, 06:38 PM)
Plus R9 is ONE WHOLE WEEK younger  wink.gif

And 15 whole kg bigger laugh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (milanistar @ Jan 27 2007, 10:06 PM)
And 15 whole kg bigger laugh.gif

As a brand name, I'm sure he'll sell more shirts devil.gif
HasanHasanly
^^ biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.