Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rocky Times For Diarra?
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
dst
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Rocky Times For Diarra?
Reports coming out of Madrid suggest that Mohamadou Diarra could be headed for a lengthy spell on the Merengue bench.

The problems are said to have started following some comments made by Diarra during an interview with a French television station, indirectly criticizing Fabio Capello.

He has yet to play for Real Madrid since, and given Capello’s penchant of stamping down on any kind of indiscipline, more action is expected.

Under the circumstances, Fernando Gago’s arrival has hardly helped matters, with the Argentine youngster expected to take up precisely Diarra’s spot in the first eleven.

The only ray of hope is that Capello favourite Emerson is having an indifferent season, something that gives the Mali international a chance of starting alongside Gago.

However, there are also suggestions that Capello will rethink his strategy over the winter, and that Gago and Guti could comprise Real’s midfield, with Beckham starting on the right and helping out with the defensive work.

Goal.com

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dst
well... everyone, Shut Up! It's that time of the year again and I'm allowed to dream!! So before you begin thinking try sshhhhhhhh... biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
OHH HELL NOOO !

Not Diarra !! .. ur try to make a strong come back arn't you biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 27 2006, 06:24 PM)
OHH HELL NOOO !

what!!? unsure.gif

what comeback!? I'm already there... wub.gif
Portman
I believe this is b/s. He is the best defensive-mid in the world... Capello won't be that stupid to put him out of the team for long.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 27 2006, 06:29 PM)
I believe this is b/s. He is the best defensive-mid in the world... Capello won't be that stupid to put him out of the team for long.

doesn't need to be for long IMO... thay want to always play... but Capello got Emerson and Gago too...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 27 2006, 04:31 PM)
doesn't need to be for long IMO... thay want to always play... but Capello got Emerson and Gago too...

I think Gago and Diarra will be on the first 11. I think that's obvious. Only if Capello... rolleyes.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 27 2006, 06:33 PM)
I think Gago and Diarra will be on the first 11. I think that's obvious. Only if Capello...  rolleyes.gif

Capello is obsessed with the Puma!! rolleyes.gif

Diarra is frustrated already (it was on TV... the camera caught him) and Gago hasn't even played yet...

In any case I don't think it's going to happen... unless Mahamadou's not that BIG a jersey seller ... rolleyes.gif
Portman
And what about you, dst? Long time, no see...
KillerMax
How much they bought him for again? yeah, you got it right... Players are not candy you know...
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 27 2006, 05:37 PM)
Capello is obsessed with the Puma!!  rolleyes.gif

Diarra is frustrated already (it was on TV... the camera caught him) and Gago hasn't even played yet...

In any case I don't think it's going to happen... unless Mahamadou's not that BIG a jersey seller ...  rolleyes.gif

If you pay 25 Million € for a player you just don't give him away after one season or so. Even Reals management isn't that stupid... And Diarra isn't very old, 25 I guess, so he still has a lot to give...
But with Gago arriving and Emerson beeing an even more experienced player, he might have a hard time....

And what about you, dst? Long time, no see...

That's what I thought huh.gif
I_Rossoneri
And to think Diarra could have come to us... rolleyes.gif

What a waste of such a huge talent.
dst
QUOTE (I_Rossoneri @ Dec 28 2006, 11:43 PM)
And to think Diarra could have come to us... rolleyes.gif

That seems like us tying to raise his price so as to make things harder for Madrid to me... (cause of the Kaka affair)

Even Reals management isn't that stupid...

even...!? Those guys are making BIG money!! ...
dst
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Fan Rejection Pushes Diarra Closer To Inter

After being booed once again by the Real Madrid fans, the midfielder is close to a divorce with Los Merengues.

All eyes are on Madrid, for one reason or another, especially those of Inter, because apart from Antonio Cassano - who looks like he might be the Nerazzurri's big summer purchase - they have set their sights on midfielder Mahamadou Diarra.

While that isn't really news either, it's a possibility that's becoming more and more probable.

The Merengues' defeat to Levante, in fact, has made the midfielder's future at the Bernabeu even more clouded, as he is becoming less and less popular with the fans.

He is the type of tough, combative midfielder that Real Madrid fans don't particularly like, especially when played alongside a similarly defensive player, which is something Fabio Capello does very often.

He has come in for criticism from the fans before, but was subject to more humiliation after giving away the early penalty that eventually decided the result. His every touch was being booed by the Bernabeu towards the end of the game.

Diarra is apparently becoming so upset with his situation at Madrid that he is considering asking the club to sell him. Inter have reportedly already made contact with the player's agent.

goal.com

-------------------------------------------------------------------
bigmacmtl
pff why is it that inter are always to first to pounce on these opportunities? i'd like to see milan take some initiative cuz we could nice to bring in some new blood.
Portman
I saw the last matches of Madrid and all the team was booed. Not only Diarra.

So... this means that Inter will buy the entire Madrid?

He's the best defensive midfielder in the world. They won't sell him.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 8 2007, 01:01 PM)
He's the best defensive midfielder in the world. They won't sell him.

Oh.. and then what was Makelele!?? rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 8 2007, 12:54 PM)
Oh.. and then what was Makelele!??  rolleyes.gif

You're right. Makelele was the best DM. Now he's old.

Patrick Vieira - Diarra - Sissoko, top 3 for me.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 8 2007, 03:18 PM)
You're right. Makelele was the best DM. Now he's old.

Yep, exactly they sold the best DMF back then... so I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Diarra now too, after all he's not a jersey-seller. cool.gif

Makelele is still very good, he's a billion times better than Sissoko! Actually... what?? Sissoko!?? You compare him with Diarra and Vieira!?? Not even a die-hard Loverpool fan would do that... huh.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 8 2007, 01:22 PM)
Yep, exactly they sold the best DMF back then... so I wouldn't be surprised if they sold Diarra now too, after all he's not a jersey-seller.  cool.gif

Makelele is still very good, he's a billion times better than Sissoko! Actually... what?? Sissoko!?? You compare him with Diarra and Vieira!?? Not even a die-hard Loverpool fan would do that...  huh.gif

They won't do that mistake again.

Sissoko is an amazing player. He's injuried atm, that's why he's not playing. Soon you'll change your opinion.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 8 2007, 03:57 PM)
They won't do that mistake again.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Feb 8 2007, 03:57 PM)
Sissoko is an amazing player. He's injuried atm, that's why he's not playing. Soon you'll change your opinion.

I know he's injured... I've seen him play a lot since the start of the season so my opinion won't change. Stupid Benitez kept fielding Gerrard at the right in order to have Sissoko on... you know Stevie G is not my favorite player but I'd bench Sissoko without a second thought!! He's good, nothing more, nothing special.

It's a shame for Vieira in my opinion that he's compared with Sissoko.
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Feb 8 2007, 02:16 PM)
I wouldn't be surprised if they did.
I know he's injured... I've seen him play a lot since the start of the season so my opinion won't change. Stupid Benitez kept fielding Gerrard at the right in order to have Sissoko on... you know Stevie G is not my favorite player but I'd bench Sissoko without a second thought!! He's good, nothing more, nothing special.

It's a shame for Vieira in my opinion that he's compared with Sissoko.

Sissoko deserves the first 11 in Liverpool.

Xabi Alonso and Gerrard don't have the same defensive power that the Mali-born has. That's why they had problems against a quick team like Arsenal.
dst
If it means Gerrard should play in the right then no, he's absolutely not worth it. Against Arsenal... I guess the problem was that their defence was nowhere to be found... they were virtually playing with 8 men!
Rossoneri7
IMO Diarra would be much better suited in Serie A than La Liga .. He is very intelligent and would adapt to the technical play of Italian football. But the question is; who would take him .. Of the top of m head Juventus and Inter (they just buy for the sake of buying..) .. AC Milan wont go for him, cuz we have Prilo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Broochi, and r currently looking for a step in for Pirlo.
Jack Sparrow
We do need a defensive mid who can tackle and pass. But I'll grant that it's not a priority. Coz it would be difficult for Carletto to bench Rino. And Brocchi is playing his heart out and can shoot. Of course it would have made sense if we decided to play Brocchi as RB, but now we have Oddo.

This is why I do feel, that we might be better off going for someone inexpensive(saying cheap sounds negative, no Milan player is c-h-e-a-p), like Barusso. Young and talented.

However I do believe and here for the first time in 5 years I fault Carletto, we must develop the concept of wing play. For the times like this year when Pirlo takes his time to come back down from Venus or Mars or wherever it is that magicians who have won the world cup like to take their skills to.(I'm still obviously fan number 1 wink.gif)

So Dezemaili, we're going for Dzemaili? Ok...back up for Pirlo. But then we place ourselves into the same trap that Arsenal and ManU have esp Arsenal. Barca or Blackburn same tactics. Gilberto to Cesc, Cesc to Hleb, down the wing, back to Cesc, find RVP, RVP to Hleb, Hleb to Flamini...GOAL!!!!!

What makes this different of course is that they are so bleeding creative in the final third. ManU don't fly if their wings are clipped. Take the one they lost against Arsenal, Clichy owned CrisRon, and when Cris Ron did manage to break free Cesc was ready to hassle the sh!t outta him, while Toure picked pockets.

Where are Milan exactly. We have creatively speaking, Pirlo that's it. He can see plays, he can throw them but right now he's throwing sh!t. Ok Seedorf. But then Seedorf lately has been definitely having Bipolar disorder or something. And Kaka , is a genius, God(the real deal, not San Paolo) made just for us, but he's still no Rui Costa(if this bad mutha had stayed, Inter would be sniffing our fumes, I do believe that!)

We need one more genuine creative player of unquestioned pedigree. Whether he is a winger, a centre-mid, a forward..I don't care, just creative. Time to send out the position vacant notices.
nuh
i think it would be gd if we buy him but that means that some one has to leave cuz just like wht Rossoneri 7 said we have abmbrosini, gattuso, brocci and pirlo and they are all good so why get him he would be good but not now cuz we have other good player like ambrosini who is very good as a dm.
nuh
i think it would be gd if we buy him but that means that some one has to leave cuz just like wht Rossoneri 7 said we have abmbrosini, gattuso, brocci and pirlo and they are all good so why get him he would be good but not now cuz we have other good players like ambrosini who is very good as a dm.
dst
----------------------------------------------------------------
Diarra open to Milan move (Stupid Headline Warning!)
Wednesday 14 February, 2007

Milan target Mahamadou Diarra has admitted that he might leave Real Madrid at the end of the season.

The player joined the Merengues from Lyon last year in a £18.5m deal, penning a five-season contract, but has failed to live up to expectations.

“I am proud I moved here and the only thing that matters for me is that the team plays well,” said Diarra in a Press conference.

“I am sorry that I am not doing as well as someone thought I would, despite my efforts. I think I can play much better than this, no matter who is fielded next to me,” added the Mali midfielder.

He is allegedly included in a swap deal with teammates Fabio Cannavaro and Robinho to bring Kaka to the Santiago Bernabeu, although Milan have reiterated that the Rossonero is not for sale.

“In football you can never know what might happen. If Real were to sell me, I would accept their decision.”

In the meantime, Carlo Ancelotti has confirmed that Ronaldo might be in the starting line-up for Saturday’s match with Siena.

“He is feeling fine, he could play from the start. He will always play next to another striker. I think he could do well with Ricardo Oliveira, they are more compatible than Filippo Inzaghi and Alberto Gilardino,” explained the Coach.

channel4.com

----------------------------------------------------------------
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.