Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 06/01/07 - Trofeo Berlusconi - Milan v Juventus
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Portman
Trofeo Berlusconi

Juventus begin 2007 in suitably prestigious fashion. On the 6th January, the Bianconeri will be in action at the San Siro as they challenge Milan for the “Trofeo Berlusconi”. It’s the 15th edition of the friendly between Italian football’s most decorated sides, a clash which has never failed to set previous summers alight. The game has a winter flavour for the first time this year but that won’t stop the temperature reaching boiling-point at the Giuseppe Meazza. Aside from the age-old rivalry between the pair, the clash will be the perfect indicator of the condition the two teams are in after the winter break and of Juventus’ future ambitions as they chase down a return to Serie A.

The “Berlusconi” has become a classic of the Italian footballing calendar and - with the exception of 1992, 1993 and 1994, when Milan hosted Inter, Real Madrid and Bayern Munich - the trophy has been an annual head-to-head between the Bianconeri and the Rossoneri, ever since its inception in 1991. As things stand, Juventus lead the way with eight victories to Milan’s seven.

History

1991 Juventus
1992 Milan
1993 Milan
1994 Milan
1995 Juventus
1996 Milan
1997 Milan
1998 Juventus
1999 Juventus
2000 Juventus
2001 Juventus
2002 Milan
2003 Juventus
2004 Juventus
2005 Milan
--------------------------

Date: Saturday, 6th of January, 2007 @ San Siro
Time: TBA (Probably at night)

OK guys, time to beat Juve once again. wink.gif
misha
Juve won it more times. It's time to even the score. devil.gif
Ry4n
Cant wait biggrin.gif hopefully theyll show it on tv
Rossoneri7
They have to, it's Juve - Milan rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
I think this match is a pain in the @ss, but hopefuly Malta is next to Italy so the journey won't last more than 45/60 minutes.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 27 2006, 02:57 PM)
I think this match is a pain in the @ss, but hopefuly Malta is next to Italy so the journey won't last more than 45/60 minutes.

It's a 20-30 minute flight to sicily, but it would probably take about an hour to get to Milan.

And about it being broadcast on TV, mediaset will probably show it and probably Milan Channel also
dst
I'm with Giuve... ofcourse... biggrin.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 27 2006, 09:53 AM)
I'm with Giuve... ofcourse...  biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif mellow.gif It's NOT FUNNY!!!
arivanjj
should be an interesting game.. we'll remind them what serie a tastes like.
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 27 2006, 09:33 PM)
should be an interesting game.. we'll remind them what serie a tastes like.

If we play like we have done for most of the first half of the season then they will think Serie A is a piece of cake rolleyes.gif
berenike_10
Humm... i think milan will win 3-1.... and will kick juve's @ss !!! biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Dec 27 2006, 10:43 PM)
biggrin.gif  mellow.gif It's NOT FUNNY!!!

what?? Kicking your rossonero @ss!? We'll burn you mofakers down!! cool.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 27 2006, 06:38 PM)
what?? Kicking your rossonero @ss!? We'll burn you mofakers down!!  cool.gif

Go f@ck a zebra...

biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Dec 28 2006, 02:40 AM)
Go f@ck a zebra...
biggrin.gif

go fck a... black Santa!? tongue.gif unsure.gif
KillerMax
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 27 2006, 06:46 PM)
go fck a... black Santa!?  tongue.gif  unsure.gif

Black Santa? lol laugh.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 28 2006, 01:38 AM)
what?? Kicking your rossonero @ss!? We'll burn you mofakers down!!  cool.gif

You "%$§&"%!§&%!%!/§%!(/(?=
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 28 2006, 09:18 PM)
You "Ficken Zebra"

tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 29 2006, 08:14 PM)
tongue.gif  tongue.gif  laugh.gif

Maybe that's what I meant tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Jan 1 2007, 06:33 PM)
Maybe that's what I meant tongue.gif

I know biggrin.gif
Portman
The time of the match is at 17:00 (IT), 16:00 (UK).

Broadcasted by RAI International 1: http://www.international.rai.it/tv/palinse.../20070106.shtml
X-Offender
Niiiiiiiiice. Cheers for the info Porto.
Portman
Thank god Sport TV is going to broadcast it too. cool.gif
Portman

Buffon, the Italian #1 will make his first appearance of the year in the Trofeo Berlusconi tie against Milan at the San Siro on Saturday.

“I hope things are better than the last time – when I injured myself,” added the man who dislocated his shoulder after colliding with Kaka in the 2005 edition.

“In any case, I am pleased to be back and have the chance of taking on a team like Milan – although I don’t think we are as strong as them at the moment.

“This game perhaps means more to us than it does to them, because we have to return to Serie A.

“We will probably be more motivated, but I hope that a good performance and a win will not give us the false impression of having already arrived.”

C'mon Milan! It's Berlusconi's father trophy. We can't lose anymore in San Siro.
Portman
The match will be broadcasted by CCTV5: http://blog.sina.com.cn/u/57e39b9e010009sn
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 3 2007, 08:51 PM)
C'mon Milan! It's Berlusconi's father trophy. We can't lose anymore in San Siro.

I think we'll kick their *** !
han2503
Does anybody know if the game will be broadcast on either Rai Uno, Due or Tre or on one of the mediaset channels??
dst
This is a good chance to pave the way for Buffon's arrival!! I hope they do take advantage of it...
han2503
Can anybody translat this and tell me if it means that it will be shown live on Milan Channel

AMICHEVOLE: TELECRONACA  (120 min.) 

MILAN CHANNEL Sabato 6  ore 17.00

Sport Calcio 

Telecronaca dell'incontro a cura di Carlo Pellegatti.

Sky Italia
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 4 2007, 02:37 PM)
Can anybody translat this and tell me if it means that it will be shown live on Milan Channel
Sky Italia

From what I read it seems Milan Channel is going to broadcast it live, though not 100% sure about it. I'll get you updated if I come to know anything about it.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 4 2007, 04:18 PM)
From what I read it seems Milan Channel is going to broadcast it live, though not 100% sure about it. I'll get you updated if I come to know anything about it.

Thanks king.gif
han2503
BERLUSCONI TROPHY - POLYMER CUP: MILAN LINE-UP
1/5/2007
Milan will start with the following line-up for the Luigi Berlusconi - Polymer Cup against Juventus on Saturday: Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Brocchi; Seedorf; Inzaghi, Gilardino. Both sides will be allowed six changes plus one goalkeeper and Milan will play everyone.
han2503
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2007, 12:54 PM)
BERLUSCONI TROPHY - POLYMER CUP: MILAN LINE-UP
1/5/2007
Milan will start with the following line-up for the Luigi Berlusconi - Polymer Cup against Juventus on Saturday: Kalac; Cafu, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gattuso, Pirlo, Brocchi; Seedorf; Inzaghi, Gilardino. Both sides will be allowed six changes plus one goalkeeper and Milan will play everyone.

Do you think this will be a flat 4 midfield or Seedorf taking Kaka's place behind the 2 strikers.

btw Kaka, Dida, Kaladze and Favalli won't be travelling to Milan, they will be staying back in Malta training because of their injuries
arivanjj
i like the line-up especially Bonera and Paolo pairing up with each other, should be interesting.. and let's see how Pippo goes...
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 5 2007, 11:56 PM)
Do you think this will be a flat 4 midfield or Seedorf taking Kaka's place behind the 2 strikers.

btw Kaka, Dida, Kaladze and Favalli  won't be travelling to Milan, they will be staying back in Malta training because of their injuries

well Carlo usually puts Seedorf behind the two strikers so...
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 5 2007, 12:57 PM)
i like the line-up especially Bonera and Paolo pairing up with each other, should be interesting.. and let's see how Pippo goes...

I hope he scores, even if it is a friendly, we need him to find his scoring touch again
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 5 2007, 12:58 PM)
well Carlo usually puts Seedorf behind the two strikers so...

Yeah but lately we have been playing the flat 4 midfield also.

But I think Seedorf doesn't play well as a winger considering he is more effective on the left side of the middle a make his long range shots with his right foot
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 6 2007, 12:01 AM)
Yeah but lately we have been playing the flat 4 midfield also.

But I think Seedorf doesn't play well as a winger considering he is more effective on the left side of the middle a make his long range shots with his right foot

well we'll see how it pans out... btw what they mean they'll play everyone?? like all 6 substitution will be used??
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Jan 5 2007, 01:06 PM)
well we'll see how it pans out... btw what they mean they'll play everyone?? like all 6 substitution will be used??

I guess so unsure.gif

That's 6 subs plus a GK, so I guess Fiori will come in at some point during the match. Gourcuff will definately come on, and maybe even Obemayoung (or how you spell it) and does anybody know if Oli is going to Milan? I know for a fact that he will come to Malta fot the friendly o Tuesday but I'm not sure if he is in the squad. If he is I'm sure he will also get playing time
Portman
4-3-1-2 for life. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 5 2007, 05:08 PM)
4-3-1-2 for life.  cool.gif

That formation ha been made especially for Milan devil.gif devil.gif To accomidate a certain golden boy devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
Jack Sparrow
I thought the Turkish guy started it to accomodate Rui.
han2503
Carlo fine tuned it to put in 3 number 10s with a special place for Pirlo. cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Jan 5 2007, 08:00 PM)
I thought the Turkish guy started it to accomodate Rui.

Trying to give Carlo credit for something in his life tongue.gif biggrin.gif
han2503
Deschamps ignores Milan

Juventus Coach Didier Deschamps warns his men against being distracted by the Trofeo Berlusconi. “We must remember we are in Serie B.”

The Bianconeri will face Milan at the San Siro on Saturday in what used to be a traditional August meeting, which was postponed until January 6 after the Calciopoli scandal forced the clubs to reschedule the match.

“This is not a real friendly, a game against Milan is never a training exercise, although what really counts is that we are in top form for the trip to Mantova on January 13,” said Deschamps on Friday.

“We need to keep this game in its context. We are in Serie B right now and that’s all that counts,” added the Frenchman, who does not want his team to believe that promotion has already been achieved.

“There has been a lot of talk about our return to Serie A, but nothing is certain. So far we’ve played well, but what happens from now on will prove to be decisive.

“Our primary objective is to seal our return to the top flight, but there’s still a long way to go. We can’t take any risks.”

The side is without Mauro Camoranesi, Marco Marchionni and Giuliano Giannichedda.

“Playing Milan at the San Siro is always a prestigious occasion, there won’t be any need to motivate the players. We are up against a quality side, in one of football’s most magnificent stadiums, and it’s a good opportunity for us to prepare for the second phase of the season.”

The tactician believes that no big changes should be made during the January market, as the club must wait until the summer to finalise its future plans, although he is sure that the Bianconeri cannot let their key players leave if they wish to be competitive.

“We must maintain the balance in the dressing room. We have chosen a group, everyone is playing their part and we are going to keep things as they are until those goals are achieved. We’ll reassess the situation at the end of the season.”

Several Juve players, including Gianluigi Buffon and David Trezeguet, have stated that they will not commit to the club unless they are sure that a strong side will be built around them.

“To be competitive next season we need to keep our champions at all costs, they are our guarantee for the future. With these players we can build something special, so we are certainly not going to let anyone go.

“Aside from Serie A, our objective is to return to the international stage as soon as possible. With its history and everything this club represents, the world of football needs Juventus,” concluded the Coach.

Juventus squad: Buffon, Birindelli, Chiellini, Kovac, Zanetti, Bojinov, Del Piero, Nedved, Mirante, Piccolo, Balzaretti, Trezeguet, Boumsong, Paro, Palladino, Venitucci, Zalayeta, Zebina, De Ceglie
han2503
My prediction for this one is a 3-1 with Seedorf scoring twice. king.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Jan 6 2007, 12:49 AM)
My prediction for this one is a 3-1 with Seedorf scoring twice.  king.gif

Ah, Seedorf and his friendly matches... such a lovely couple. wub.gif rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 6 2007, 02:57 AM)
Ah, Seedorf and his friendly matches... such a lovely couple. wub.gif  rolleyes.gif

tongue.gif
Portman
--------------Kalac;
Cafu, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski;
---- Gattuso, Pirlo, Brocchi;
-------------Seedorf;
---------Inzaghi, Gilardino

This guys to face Juventus who will play probably their best team with Nedved behind Del Piero and Trezeguet.

We'll see. They can be in Serie B, but they've a strong 11.
milanista1899
QUOTE (Portugal @ Jan 6 2007, 12:58 AM)
--------------Kalac;
Cafu, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski;
---- Gattuso, Pirlo, Brocchi;
-------------Seedorf;
---------Inzaghi, Gilardino

I like it - can't wait! biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Jan 5 2007, 11:57 PM)
Ah, Seedorf and his friendly matches... such a lovely couple. wub.gif  rolleyes.gif

But let's not forget Seedorf's love effair of scoring against the Zebras, it's like an anual thing for him, and let's not forget Inter also king.gif devil.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.