Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Quotes of the week
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
han2503
“If we were in Argentina, then we’d be here celebrating victory, but it’s a 38-week campaign so we haven’t won anything yet.”
Considering the number of Argentines in the squad, Roberto Mancini could be forgiven for thinking of this as the Apertura tournament.

“I don’t see why everyone is blaming us. It’s not our fault if the referee does or does not blow the whistle.”
Didier Deschamps puts on his most angelic facial expression and forgets the Calciopoli verdicts.

“I am ashamed of this Palermo side. I get the impression Francesco Guidolin wants to be the prima donna of this team, but he is destroying the squad.”
Maurizio Zamparini reacts with typical good grace and balance to a 4-0 defeat at Roma.

“Marco Materazzi thinks of himself as a sheriff because he’s a World Champion. He tries to make his own justice and referees let him get away with anything.”
Bruno Giordano is the oldest gunslinger in town.

“Did Adriano skip training on Monday? I didn’t notice.”
With the way he’s been playing, Mancio, that’s hardly surprising.

“We played a perfect game up until 10 seconds from time.”
Atalanta boss Stefano Colantuono was so close and yet so far.

“There’s a negative atmosphere around the club and we must transform that into a positive.”
Franco Colomba plans to surround the Sant’Elia pitch with magnets.

“If Alberto Gilardino was offside, then it was a matter of inches and therefore very hard to spot.”
Understanding and patience from Pasquale Marino – that’s no way for a Serie A Coach to behave!

“I am talking to the President about the January transfer policy, as we’re planning substantial changes.”
Ascoli tactician Nedo Sonetti hopes his name isn’t on the ‘out’ list.

“People are comparing me to Gianluca Vialli? Not even in jest!”
Fabio Quagliarella runs his hand through his luxurious head of hair.

“I had a moment of anger, but said nothing to the referee. If they can’t understand the tension of a Coach who is irritated without insulting anyone, then there’s not much any of us can do.”
Mario Beretta goes to pitchside anger management class.

“I am sorry that people in Italy think that I have it in for them. But I am happy that Italy won the World Cup as you deserved it.”
France’s biggest fan Michel Platini – do we believe him?

“It’s strange as I thought I would be turning somersaults now that I am at the top of the table, but that is not the case.”
After so much failure, Inter owner Massimo Moratti is finding it hard to get to grips with that winning feeling.

“I read in the newspapers that [owner Massimo] Cellino wanted a tactician who was a company man as well. Well, that is me.”
Franco Colomba thinks he could be the ideal Coach – after he became the 26th man to sit on the bench since Cellino took over in 1992.

“To beat Inter, you would need another Inter.”
Lazio boss Delio Rossi was hoping to erect a mirror on the half-way line before the Nerazzurri collected a 2-0 win on Wednesday.

“We will have to be aggressive and attack intensely in every part of the field if we want to stop Kaka.”
Catania boss Pasquale Marino told the Press, but he obviously forget to tell his players after the Brazilian destroyed his side at the San Siro.
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 22 2006, 11:22 PM)
“If we were in Argentina, then we’d be here celebrating victory, but it’s a 38-week campaign so we haven’t won anything yet.”

laugh.gif pure merda comment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.