Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: AC Milan plan bid for Fiorentina's Montolivo
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Transfers
dimival
AC Milan are preparing a bid for Fiorentina midfielder Riccardo Montolivo.

The Italy U21 international has been identified by Milan directors Adriano Galliani and Ariedo Braida as the player to act as understudy to Andrea Pirlo.

Montolivo has sparkled for Pierluigi Casiraghi's Italy U21 team, but has struggled to establish himself in Florence this season.

Source
I think Milan must bring in some fresh blood. I prefer European players because they are more serious than Latinos. Furthermore, the Dutch Era of Milan was the biggest success. And a Dutch coach - van Basten or Rijkaard.
Montolivo, Barusso, Bendtner, Rossi and one or two young defenders are among my favourites.
Yours?
han2503
QUOTE (dimival @ Dec 14 2006, 06:56 AM)
Source
I think Milan must bring in some fresh blood.  I prefer European players because they are more serious than Latinos. Furthermore, the Dutch Era of Milan was the biggest success. And a Dutch coach - van Basten or Rijkaard.
Montolivo, Barusso, Bendtner, Rossi and one or two young defenders are among my favourites.
Yours?

Last I read about the Barusso situation is that it's a done deal and he will come in June
milanistar
I heard ones Galliani talking about young players, he said something like I don't want any young player who is not used to high level competition, so ...
Portman
QUOTE (dimival @ Dec 14 2006, 06:56 AM)
And a Dutch coach - van Basten or Rijkaard.

A dutch coach in Serie A? That will be a suicide. rolleyes.gif
misha
Montolivo To AC Milan? Impossible, Says Agent

Fiorentina young jewel Riccardo Montolivo’s agent has denied reports indicating the Italian Under 21 star could move to Milan next year.

“I don’t see how Montolivo can move to AC Milan. The player likes Florence and is bound to Fiorentina by a long contract,” his agent Carlo Pallavicino told RadioRadioTv.

“Prandelli considers Montolivo as one of the most important players of his team, and in the future he will become even more important for the club,” Pallavicino added.

Montolivo joined Fiorentina over the summer from Atalanta, the team which he played for throughout his youth-team career.

'The Little Prince', as Montolivo is also known, signed a contract until 2011 with the Tuscan outfit.

Italy’s most prominent sports daily La Gazzetta dello Sport included Montolivo in a long-list of names AC Milan are eyeing to boost their crisis-torn squad, starting in this January transfer window

Goal
agenth
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 14 2006, 03:32 PM)
A dutch coach in Serie A? That will be a suicide.  rolleyes.gif

why huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif huh.gif
Jack Sparrow
Bcoz mchanna Porto believes Dutch coaches will be tactically '*****'. His words.

biggrin.gif
mishie
QUOTE (Jack Sparrow @ Dec 15 2006, 09:49 AM)
Bcoz mchanna Porto believes Dutch coaches will be tactically '*****'. His words.

biggrin.gif

and his proof is what?? rolleyes.gif
redbabies
QUOTE (dimival @ Dec 14 2006, 07:56 AM)
Source
I think Milan must bring in some fresh blood.  I prefer European players because they are more serious than Latinos. Furthermore, the Dutch Era of Milan was the biggest success. And a Dutch coach - van Basten or Rijkaard.
Yours?

Who're Barusso and Bendtner?
misha
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 17 2006, 05:56 PM)

There are threads about them in Trasfer section
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (redbabies @ Dec 17 2006, 03:56 PM)

Barusso Apparently we're getting him for £2m. Haven't seen much of him myself.

Niklas Bendtner Spent last season on loan at Birmingham, looked pretty good, then again who wouldn't look good playing for them? tongue.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:11 AM)
Niklas Bendtner  Spent last season on loan at Birmingham, looked pretty good, then again who wouldn't look good playing for them?  tongue.gif

I saw him in the under 21 euro last summer. The kid has a big future ahead of him IMO
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 29 2007, 09:20 PM)
I saw him in the under 21 euro last summer. The kid has a big future ahead of him IMO

If he leaves Arsenal he'll become a star, he'd at the right place to develop as they do a great job with youngsters. I just don't think Arsenal as a club can take a player to the next level, they need to move on in my opinion.
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:21 AM)
If he leaves Arsenal he'll become a star, he'd at the right place to develop as they do a great job with youngsters. I just don't think Arsenal as a club can take a player to the next level, they need to move on in my opinion.

Yes, he should stay for now in a good middle table EPL team where he can continue to develop. Like Birmingham for example where next year he will score many goals in a derby wink.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 29 2007, 09:30 PM)
Yes, he should stay for now in a good middle table EPL team where he can continue to develop. Like Birmingham for example where next year he will score many goals in a derby wink.gif

You contradicted yourself when you say mid-table team and Birmingham in the same sentence. laugh.gif
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:54 AM)
You contradicted yourself when you say mid-table team and Birmingham in the same sentence.  laugh.gif

We'll see next season. Birmingham > Villa wink.gif biggrin.gif
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 29 2007, 09:57 PM)
We'll see next season. Birmingham > Villa  wink.gif  biggrin.gif

mad.gif

We beat them home and away last time, just think what we'll do will our Billionnaire squad. cool.gif

Back to the thread though, I heard we were in for Bendtner at the start of the season, did we ever make an offer or anything, or was it just showing interest?
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:58 AM)
mad.gif

We beat them home and away last time, just think what we'll do will our Billionnaire squad.  cool.gif

biggrin.gif j/k.

I remember one derby when Vilal lost and Sorensen got a bizarre goal between his legs
misha
QUOTE (kurtsimonw @ May 30 2007, 12:58 AM)
Back to the thread though, I heard we were in for Bendtner at the start of the season, did we ever make an offer or anything, or was it just showing interest?

Just rumors
whoarethepatriots
I have always liked Monto since his Atalanta days, can play in Pirlo's Position Seedorfs or even Kaka's, very good player both Technically and Physically, although wether we can pry him from the viola, or even if he wants to leave is a different question

I would defo like him
kurtsimonw
QUOTE (mishale @ May 29 2007, 10:02 PM)
biggrin.gif j/k.

I remember one derby when Vilal lost and Sorensen got a bizarre goal between his legs

We lost 4 of the first 6 derbies on their 4 years return to the EPL, the other 2 were draws.. dark days. sad.gif

We let in 3 VERY weird goals, all errors by goalkeepers. Thank God that's stopped. tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.