Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Henry: "Cannavaro values nothing"
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
misha
France striker Thierry Henry has accused Italy defender and Balon d'Or winner Fabio Cannavaro of "valuing nothing" and being an unworthy champion. The Arsenal man claimed the Real Madrid centre back deliberately impeded him during the World Cup final, which Italy won on penalties.

"In Berlin Cannavaro put me out of the game in the first minute," Henry fumed. "It is clear he did it deliberately and great defenders don't behave in this way."

France lost the final on penalties, leaving Henry with a trophy-less season despite making it to the Champions League final with Arsenal.

"We were 50 metres from goal," he continued. "I left the ball and he pretended that he didn't see me coming. He did the same thing with (Franck) Ribery during France-Italy at the Stade de France (during the Euro 2008 qualifier, which France won 3-1)."

"For me a great defender must not play like this in such a big game; he values nothing."

"Great defenders are Laurent Blanc, Lilian Thuram, Paolo Maldini and Marcel Desailly, who were always really hard but correct."

French media, chairman of the FIFA Technical and Development Committee Michel Platini, France Foot magazine (who organise the Balon d'Or) and a selection of French coaches and players have criticised the decision to award Cannavaro the trophy.

However, Henry won nothing in the 2005/6 season and the award normally goes to a triumphant player.

eurosport
Portman
Henry is french. Period.

And a diver. That's why the african team beat Portugal with a penalty (invented one)... he should just shut up and help his poor team - Arsenal.
dst
That's exactly why I hate this f@cker (Henry) !! puke.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 03:40 PM)
Henry is french. Period.

And a diver. That's why the african team beat Portugal with a penalty (invented one)... he should just shut up and help his poor team - Arsenal.

You're getting used to that language or what mad.gif
By the way, the fact you speak about diving is just funny!!!
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2006, 04:44 PM)
That's exactly why I hate this f@cker (Henry) !! puke.gif

Come on, I partly agree with him. Great defenders are hard but correct, just like Paolo. We have no clue what happened there in Berlin. Plus, I can understan that he's p!ssed that he again missed out on the Ballon d'or while he clearly deserved it this time...
Portman
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 7 2006, 05:26 PM)
You're getting used to that language or what mad.gif
By the way, the fact you speak about diving is just funny!!!

I'm just telling the truth. The French NT is more African than European (just look at yours captain right now... from Senegal!). And you know it. Everybody makes fun of yours NT 'cause of that. Even some french people.

It was a clear dive by Henry on that situation. But as I said before, he should be worried about his team. Less conversation, more action.
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 05:50 PM)
I'm just telling the truth. The French NT is more African than European (just look at yours captain right now... from Senegal!). And you know it.

Right, he was born in Senegal, so what? He is French just as the other French!!!
May be if you lived in a France or England you would understand that, those 2 countries have a long colonial past so it's just normal to have a different cultures, colors or whatever you like in the country!
Hopefully I don't give a damn about any national team just for that reason, nationalities, witch in most case you don't chose, means nothing but a kind of segregation witch leads to misunderstanding and hate!

Everybody makes fun of yours NT 'cause of that. Even some french people.

So you may know what they're called wink.gif
bigmacmtl
this must be the 5th or 6th time this season that henry makes a huge spectacle and complains. he did after the world cup final, the CL final,after the match against Spartak, a few times this year in the prem. this guy is the biggest hypocrite ever. he's complaining about canna being a lil rough with him. what about all the french player condonning zidanes assault on materazzi? some how it's ok for them to heabutt players when their feelings are hurt. besides i'd love to see what henry would say if u ran some of the shots of him diving to get puyol sent off at the world cup... tongue.gif
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 12:50 PM)
I'm just telling the truth. The French NT is more African than European (just look at yours captain right now... from Senegal!). And you know it. Everybody makes fun of yours NT 'cause of that. Even some french people.

It was a clear dive by Henry on that situation. But as I said before, he should be worried about his team. Less conversation, more action.
bigmacmtl
makalele speaks terrible french. i remember seeing him on tv and he was stuterring like crazy. laugh.gif
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 7 2006, 01:28 PM)
Right, he was born in Senegal, so what? He is French just as the other French!!!
May be if you lived in a France or England you would understand that, those 2 countries have a long colonial past so it's just normal to have a different cultures, colors or whatever you like in the country!
Hopefully I don't give a damn about any national team just for that reason, nationalities, witch in most case you don't chose, means nothing but a kind of segregation witch leads to misunderstanding and hate!
So you may know what they're called  wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 7 2006, 06:28 PM)

I mean, here in Portugal there was a big shock when Deco (brazillian born) played for the first time on the NT. Many people, I'd say 60% of the country was against it. It was an exception.
Here the people say that "we don't want to be like France" we just want Portuguese-born in our NT. I must say I agree with that. No mather if we are sh1tty team or a good team.

Portugal have a long colonial past too. Hello Brazil, hello Angola, hello Mozambique, many others... in fact Eusebio (the biggest football player ever in this country) is from Mozambique but in that time (1960) it was a bit different. Now, with all the independence...
milanistar
QUOTE (bigmacmtl @ Dec 7 2006, 06:40 PM)
makalele speaks terrible french. i remember seeing him on tv and he was stuterring like crazy. laugh.gif

That's not true, it's just the way he speaks, he doesn't make any language mistakes or some thing like that
han2503
This guy's whining is just tiring, first Italy cheated and didn't deserve to win, now because Canna was a bit rough with him he says that he doesn't appreciate anything!!!

I can see that French people don't like to lose rolleyes.gif

If he is complaining about Canna being rough with him then what those he have to say about the dive against spain??

Just shut up Henry!! And play some football for god's sake!!

Exactly
milanistar
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 06:50 PM)
I mean, here in Portugal there was a big shock when Deco (brazillian born) played for the first time on the NT. Many people, I'd say 60% of the country was against it. It was an exception.
Here the people say that "we don't want to be like France" we just want Portuguese-born in our NT. I must say I agree with that. No mather if we are sh1tty team or a good team.

That exactely what I said!
By the way, there is only Desailly, Vieira and maybe Maké who weren't born in France! Some of the West Indies are still French!

QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 7 2006, 06:50 PM)
Portugal have a long colonial past too. Hello Brazil, hello Angola, hello Mozambique, many others... in fact Eusebio (the biggest football player ever in this country) is from Mozambique but in that time (1960) it was a bit different. Now, with all the independence...

I meant not as long as the French or The English, I mean it's not like 30% of the population is from emigrant parents or grand parents!

Anyway, like I said I don't care about any team but MILAN and Milan players, so let's back to our Football discussions and put an end to this BS wink.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 7 2006, 07:44 PM)
This guy's whining is just tiring, first Italy cheated and didn't deserve to win, now because Canna was a bit rough with him he says that he doesn't appreciate anything!!!

I can see that French people don't like to lose  rolleyes.gif

If he is complaining about Canna being rough with him then what those he have to say about the dive against spain??

Just shut up Henry!! And play some football for god's sake!!

Sure, French don't like to lose, and Henry can't live with the lost of the Ballon d'Or and two finals, he acutally knows this year was his best chance to win the Ballon d'Or!
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 7 2006, 07:40 PM)
Come on, I partly agree with him. Great defenders are hard but correct, just like Paolo. We have no clue what happened there in Berlin. Plus, I can understan that he's p!ssed that he again missed out on the Ballon d'or while he clearly deserved it this time...

He only opens his mouth when he has lost!! He never speaks the whole truth... Did you ever hear him say anything about Malouda's dive (to get the penalty) in the Berlin final? Oh no he didn't... He's disgusting... puke.gif

If he wanted the Ballon d' Or so much he should have scored in either final!! rolleyes.gif
mishie
If he wanted the Ballon d' Or so much he should have scored in either final!! rolleyes.gif

[/quote]
don't know about score just turn up would have been a start!! wink.gif
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2006, 09:14 PM)
He only opens his mouth when he has lost!! He never speaks the whole truth... Did you ever hear him say anything about Malouda's dive (to get the penalty) in the Berlin final? Oh no he didn't... He's disgusting... puke.gif

Wow I forgot about that.

And totally agree with you. Whe he decides to stop choking when it really matters then he will win the Ballon d'or
han2503
QUOTE (mishie @ Dec 7 2006, 09:22 PM)
don't know about score just turn up would have been a start!! wink.gif

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 7 2006, 10:14 PM)

Don't u think you're being a little bit unfair about Henry? Of course he wouldn't say that malouda dived to get that penalty. Totti said anything about that joke of a penalty in the game against Australia! And i haven't heard any italian player saying that the suspension of Frings for the semi final (wow, what a coincidence that italian journalists have seen him hitting Cruz, while even Cruz said, that he felt nothing....now that's surprising...and a suspension only for the game against italy....) so if you say, that he never speaks out the truth you coukd say that as well about many other players!
LaPalma
Oh and about that discussiom about "foreign" players in NT. I guess in the globalized world you can't avoid that players born in other countries sometimes play in your NT. Important for me is, that they really want to play for that country. Here are two examples from the german NT:

1. Klose: He was born in Polan and lived there until he was 8, he has a german and a polish passport. In 2000 Poland asked him if he wanted to play for them, but he denied because he wanted to play for Germany. That's OK with me, he had the choice and choose Germany.
2. Ismael of Bayern: He's French, and has a german grandmother. He always wanted to play for France but they never called him for the NT. So with Germany having huge problems in defense he said he would also play for us, but Klinsmann denied, which I think was a great decision. He never wanted to play for Germany, if France would have called him by any reason he would have never thought about palying for Germany.

Plus there are other players that were born in Germany, lived here for their entire life (mostly sons of turkish immigrants like the Altintop twins of Schalke of former Leverkusen player Bastürk). This is a joke as well because these guys never lived in the countries they play for...
milanistar
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 7 2006, 11:26 PM)
Oh and about that discussiom about "foreign" players in NT. I guess in the globalized world you can't avoid that players born in other countries sometimes play in your NT. Important for me is, that they really want to play for that country. Here are two examples from the german NT:

1. Klose: He was born in Polan and lived there until he was 8, he has a german and a polish passport. In 2000 Poland asked him if he wanted to play for them, but he denied because he wanted to play for Germany. That's OK with me, he had the choice and choose Germany.
2. Ismael of Bayern: He's French, and has a german grandmother. He always wanted to play for France but they never called him for the NT. So with Germany having huge problems in defense he said he would also play for us, but Klinsmann denied, which I think was a great decision. He never wanted to play for Germany, if France would have called him by any reason he would have never thought about palying for Germany.

Plus there are other players that were born in Germany, lived here for their entire life (mostly sons of turkish immigrants like the Altintop twins of Schalke of former Leverkusen player Bastürk). This is a joke as well because these guys never lived in the countries they play for...

Agreed
agenth
you forgot Lu-Lu-Lukas Podolski dear biggrin.gif
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 01:15 AM)
Don't u think you're being a little bit unfair about Henry? Of course he wouldn't say that malouda dived to get that penalty. Totti said anything about that joke of a penalty in the  game against Australia! And i haven't heard any italian player saying that the suspension of Frings for the semi final (wow, what a coincidence that italian journalists have seen him hitting Cruz, while even Cruz said, that he felt nothing....now that's surprising...and a suspension only for the game against italy....) so if you say, that he never speaks out the truth you coukd say that as well about many other players!

But it's Henry talking...

And why did you get all excited again anyway... at the end of the day Germany won the World Cup!! king.gif

(the guy's under medical attention do not spoil it for him... biggrin.gif )
agenth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 7 2006, 11:02 PM)
Wow I forgot about that.

And totally agree with you. Whe he decides to stop choking when it really matters then he will win the Ballon d'or

a bit unfair ... since he's not choking intently lol

I agree about the foreign NT players.
Some players only want to play for some country, because they do not have a chance in their own country...
(...amauri...)
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2006, 12:34 AM)
But it's Henry talking...

And why did you get all excited again anyway... at the end of the day Germany won the World Cup!!  king.gif

(the guy's under medical attention do not spoil it for him... biggrin.gif )

I'm still convinced that with Torsten "Torti" Frings we would have won against those italian guys...

you forgot Lu-Lu-Lukas Podolski dear biggrin.gif

Yeah...Lu-Lu-Lu Lukas Podolsi...listen to his own great song!
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 01:50 AM)
I'm still convinced that with Torsten "Torti" Frings we would have won against those italian guys...

Nah, It was fate... bla bla ... rolleyes.gif

I don't know pal... but I just wish you didn't think about it all that much!! sad.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2006, 01:13 AM)
Nah, It was fate... bla bla ...  rolleyes.gif

I don't know pal... but I just wish you didn't think about it all that much!! sad.gif

Well there are certain defeats people can't forget, like the Hungarians never forgot their defeat against Germany in 1954, or the german defeat against England in 1966, and so on...you can't forget it. WC's are only every 4 years, and maybe there is never one in Germany again during my lifetime which makes it even harder...
misha
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 02:16 AM)
Well there are certain defeats people can't forget, like the Hungarians never forgot their defeat against Germany in 1954, or the german defeat against England in 1966, and so on...you can't forget it. WC's are only every 4 years, and maybe there is never one in Germany again during my lifetime which makes it even harder...

Like Milan fans will never forget Istambul cry.gif cry.gif
agenth
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 01:16 AM)

what about euro 2008? haha... unsure.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 8 2006, 01:24 AM)
what about euro 2008? haha... unsure.gif

You're right....Germany beating Italy in the final. Yes, I can see it clearly, Lahm is running on the left flank, and then comes his awesome cross, and there is Ballacks head...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!
dst
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 02:33 AM)
You're right....Germany beating Italy in the final. Yes, I can see it clearly, Lahm is running on the left flank, and then comes his awesome cross, and there is Ballacks head...GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!!!!

f@ck I missed that... waiting for the replay!! unsure.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2006, 01:43 AM)
f@ck I missed that... waiting for the replay!! unsure.gif

Well, for u it'll take another 2 years to watch the replay, cause u don't have LaPalmaVison biggrin.gif
agenth
weren't you the one who said ballack is ****? dry.gif rolleyes.gif

or did I mistook you for somebody? lol

well I hope I have a chance to watch a game biggrin.gif
Portman
Euro 2008? That has already a winner guys...

Euro 1996 » Quarter-finals lost vs. Czech Rep.
Euro 2000 » Semi-finals lost vs. France
Euro 2004 » Final lost vs. Greece
Euro 2008 » Glory! cool.gif

PS: I think it makes sense. wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 8 2006, 01:56 AM)

Euro 2008 » Glory!  cool.gif

PS: I think it makes sense.  wink.gif

Well, it kinda does make sense...scary...but no, Germany will win it this time

1996: Won the final against Czech Republic
2000: Out after the group stage (Portugal thrashed us pretty bad sad.gif )
2004: Out after group stage
2008: We'll win it

Doesn't make any sense but...

Oh, and Ballack is a great player IMO
Portman
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 01:01 AM)
Well, it kinda does make sense...scary...but no, Germany will win it this time

1996: Won the final against Czech Republic
2000: Out after the group stage (Portugal thrashed us pretty bad sad.gif )
2004: Out after group stage
2008: We'll win it

Doesn't make any sense but...
Oh, and Ballack is a great player IMO

OK... Portugal-Germany for the final. 0-0 and penalties. But then you've a problem: Ricardo. laugh.gif wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 8 2006, 02:23 AM)
OK... Portugal-Germany for the final. 0-0 and penalties. But then you've a problem: Ricardo.  laugh.gif  wink.gif

I thought we were unbeatable at pk shootouts (except for the ones with Uli Hoeneß participating), but you're right Ricardo is a PK killer, but so is Lehmann. Plus, Germany is not England laugh.gif
But it'll be a tough one devil.gif

But maybe, just maybe, we should wait for our teams to qualify rolleyes.gif
Portman
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Dec 8 2006, 01:27 AM)
But maybe, just maybe, we should wait for our teams to qualify rolleyes.gif

In 2 years, we'll talk. cool.gif
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 8 2006, 02:56 AM)

Euro 2008 » Glory!  cool.gif

PS: I think it makes sense.  wink.gif

LOL!!! laugh.gif

Only if Nelson plays!! devil.gif

And then in 2012 what??

Oh... Lehmann VS Ricardo in PK shoutout!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif That would be The Clash!! king.gif
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2006, 08:50 PM)

And then in 2012 what??

Not an easy task... you know Miguel is a world-class RB, from Valencia (former Benfica RB just for curiosity).

In 2012? Hum... it's to early for Mourinho I think. He said he wants the NT but in 15 years or so. I guess he'll be in Italy by that time (2012).
We'll get into the top 4... then, it's always hard to predict. wink.gif
agenth
nah... I think lehmann will retire after euro 2008
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Dec 8 2006, 08:50 PM)
LOL!!!  laugh.gif

And then in 2012 what??

They'll invent a new stage just for the Portugese NT wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.