Full Version: 10/12/06 - Serie A - Milan v Torino
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4
Portman
Serie A 2006/07- Day 15

Milan v Torino

Sunday, 10th of December '06

Time: 14:00 (UK); 15:00 (IT)

Next Serie A match against a historical team - Torino.

After the draw in Cagliari will Milan get back to the winning track?

Prediction: 1-0.
X-Offender
We'll win 3-0.
han2503
If the ref is HALF as decent we'll win this, if he keeps f@cking us up then we'll draw.

It's what has been happening in every match this season

a 3-1 for us.

Gila and Kaka wil score
vito_online
the real question is not to win or to lose... I think the question is to know who is the next player on the injury list for this game...
han2503
QUOTE (vito_online @ Dec 3 2006, 05:53 PM)
the real question is not to win or to lose... I think the question is to know who is the next player on the injury list for this game...

One of the important ones for sure rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
If things go as planned we should have Cafu, Ambrosini and Kakà back this weel. Hopefuly Ambro will make some minutes against Lille so he can be a starter in this match and make breath the poor Brocchi. Damn, since Rino injured against Atalanta he hasn't stopped playing for a single second.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 3 2006, 06:35 PM)
If things go as planned we should have Cafu, Ambrosini and Kakà back this weel. Hopefuly Ambro will make some minutes against Lille so he can be a starter in this match and make breath the poor Brocchi. Damn, since Rino injured against Atalanta he hasn't stopped playing for a single second.

Hopefully
berenike_10
2-1

goes for milan.
arivanjj
3 - 1 Kaka, Oli and Gourcuff happy.gif .
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 4 2006, 06:59 AM)
3 - 1 Kaka, Oli and Gourcuff happy.gif .

I think Gourcuff will score to, he had some great shots in these last 2 games.
misha
Milan - Torino

Milan are slowly starting along the comeback trail, but will need to be wary of a Torino side who are picking up momentum when they welcome the newly-promoted side to the San Siro. With both teams showing signs of improvement it should be a tense encounter.

With both Alberto Gilardino and Marco Borriello hitting the back of the net last week in the 2-2 draw at Cagliari, it looks like the Rossoneri could finally be overcoming their goal drought. That was the first time a striker had scored for Milan in over a month, and only the second time since the opening match of the season.

That lack of goals has also had a severe affect on the team’s results. Starting with the loss to Inter in the Milan derby they went on a spell ending with just one point from four games. They finally broke the curse with the Week 13 home win over Messina, but the draw in Cagliari was less than they would have hoped for, regardless of the sending off of Andrea Pirlo.

That red card also means that Milan will be without Pirlo for this match thanks to his suspension, but that will be far from Coach Carlo Ancelotti’s biggest concern. The Rossoneri’s growing injury list now includes Serginho, Marcos Cafu, Giuseppe Favalli, Alessandro Nesta, Alessandro Costacurta, Gennaro Gattuso and first choice goalkeeper Nelson Dida. That means the likes of Zeljko Kalac, Cristian Brocchi and Daniele Bonera will have another opportunity to impress Carletto in the first team.

Torino boss Alberto Zaccheroni – facing the club he took to Scudetto glory in 1999 – has no such problems. The only absence from his side is defender Marco Di Loreto who has picked up a suspension. That means Giuseppe Pancaro, Massimo Taibi and Christian Abbiati will also return to their former club, even if only the latter – who is still owned by Milan – is expected to feature from the start.

Former club or not, Zaccheroni’s men will be eager to add to their hosts’ woes. After three consecutive victories and the enormous celebrations last week for the club’s centenary, morale is at a real high amongst the Toro squad. The fallen giants are starting to claw their way back up and with the top four now just three points away the Granata will be desperate to keep up the pace.

Man on fire: Yoann Gourcuff (Milan) – Milan may have been stumbling, but the young Frenchman has been a revelation this season. Virtually unheard of this summer the midfielder has been in excellent form since his return from injury.

Last season: Not played

Form guide: Milan (L L D W D) Torino (D L W W W)

Milan (probable): Kalac; Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kaka; Gilardino, Inzaghi

Torino (probable): Abbiati; Brevi, Cioffi, Franceschini; Comotto, Barone, Ardito, Balestri; Lazetic, Rosina; Stellone

Football Italia
Portman
Just smack Toro. We can't lose the train for the 4th place.

I'm tired of losing points at home. Damn.
Portman
Serie A Preview: Milan-Torino  High-flying Torino venture this Sunday to Milan, and to what used to be considered as one of the more formidable grounds in all of Europe.

When: Sunday December 10, 15:00 (CET)

Where: Stadio Giuseppe Meazza, Milan, Italy

BACKGROUND

These clubs have not met in more than four years, when Milan won 6-0 at the location of this Sunday’s encounter.  And the fortunes of the two sides since then have been very different.  Milan have won the UEFA Champions League (2003) and Scudetto (2004), while Torino have been out of Serie A.

This has all changed recently, though.  Torino are in the midst of a three-match winning streak.  They have given up more goals (17) than they have scored (10) this season, but they are now improving in both departments.

Take their 1-0 home win last weekend against another surprisingly-good side this term, Empoli.  Torino were able to keep their opponents off the scoreboard, and got a late-winner through the superb effort of Gianluca Comotto in the 88th minute.

Milan have not been so fortunate.  Following the Calciopoli scandal this summer, and the eight-point penalty dished out, they have played from behind all season.  The stress of having to recover those points from the start of the campaign has shown, with the pressure mounting on a constant basis.

They have also struggled to find the goals after the departure of Andriy Shevchenko to Chelsea, who was their second all-time top scorer.  The arrival of Ricardo Oliveira has not been what the doctor ordered, as he has not been able to score regularly at all.  The rest of the strikers have had trouble scoring, too, but this could be changing.

The 2-2 draw away to Cagliari last Sunday saw a return of sorts to scoring ways.  Alberto Gilardino did well to head the ball into the net just after halftime, and the second Rossoneri goal was even better.  Marco Borriello hit a terrific overhead kick from close range to level the score in the 70th minute and earn a point for his side.   

CURRENT FORM

Milan (D W D, 12 points, 15th place in Serie A)

Despite the poor play of the side nearly all season, they are only eight points out of fourth place, and could make good inroads toward that spot with a win and three points here in this match.

Taking into account all of the injuries they have had to deal with, you cannot really be surprised by Milan’s current standing.  The defense has been depleted by long-term injuries, and the midfield has also suffered some key absences.  Add these to the drop in morale due to the Calciopoli trial, and you get one sad side.

They have improved recently, and team spirit seems to be growing, especially with the winter break coming up, which will provide some much needed rest. 

Torino (W W W, 17 points, 11th place in Serie A)

What can you say about Torino?  They are a side who have hit a real hot-streak with three wins in a row, after not being expected to do much of anything following their promotion this term.

They could really cement themselves are contenders for a European spot with a win at Milan, and this is not out of the question, all things considered. 

TEAM NEWS

Milan must again do without main players such as Alessandro Nesta, Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli, Alessandro Costacurta, Gennaro Gattuso and Nelson Dida.  Also, Andrea Pirlo is suspended after receiving a red card versus Cagliari.  Marcos Cafu is fit again, and may play a part in this match. 

Torino have just one absentee, that being Marco Di Loreto through suspension. 

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Filippo Inzaghi (Milan) – ‘Supperpippo’ scored a hat-trick when these two clubs met in 2002, and though he is not the player he used to be, he can still nip past the defense to poach goals at any time.

Christian Abbiati (Torino)
– On-loan this season from Milan, he will be eager to impress his former employers.  It could be interesting how he reacts to this encounter, however, as he basically declined the chance to play against Milan last season when on-loan at Juventus (he claimed to be ill, but not many people believed this to be the reason why he missed out). 

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Inzaghi

Torino (3-4-2-1): Abbiati; Brevi, Cioffi, Franceschini; Comotto, Barone, Ardito, Balestri; Lazetic, Rosina; Stellone 

PREDICTION

This match is sure to be entertaining, if not to also provide several goals.  Rather than sit back and absorb pressure, Torino will look to take it to their hosts, with thoughts of a fourth-consecutive victory in their minds. 

Milan 2-2 Torino 

Joel Whitehead - GOAL.com
berenike_10
Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Inzaghi

Torino (3-4-2-1): Abbiati; Brevi, Cioffi, Franceschini; Comotto, Barone, Ardito, Balestri; Lazetic, Rosina; Stellone

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just don't know why ancelloti keeps insisting with hom, although simoc played quite badly against lille, i think he's better option than bonera... but well, the rest of the squad look just ok, u but i would like pirlo instead of seedorf....
agenth
Pirlo has a red card,,,,

This match is a must win. We can't loose anymore points, and it would be better starting to win before the christmas break, when we rejuvenate hopefully our squad.
I wouldn't underestimate Torino, didn't they win the last 3 games...?
Right now I think every little team, even Serie B could have the ambition/will/strength to face and beat us, even at home
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Dec 8 2006, 10:08 PM)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just don't know why ancelloti keeps insisting with hom, although simoc played quite badly against lille, i think he's better option than bonera... but well, the rest of the squad look just ok, u but i would like pirlo instead of seedorf....

Pirlo is suspended.

Bonera is somewhat getting better and adapting to that role. When we have him on the rigt it's more stable but he rarely provides anything for the attack and with the formation we play attacking fullbacks is a must imo, Simic wouldn't do either for that role.

I would pay Gila and Oli upfront. Pippo was bad against Lille and just didn't cut it, Boriello was better then him
Ry4n
Hi everyone im new in this forum ive posted a few posts but not really introduced my self my Names Ryan im 18 years from England recently went to Milan to see a match where we lost sad.gif 2- 0 to palermo where we hit the bar countless times ,

i think this match against Torino 2 - 0 1 by Gila and 1 by Kaka'
i know we will win just look at these Statisics !!

http://www.goalzz.com/main.aspx?region=-12&team=21&team2=40

FORZA MILAN !!!!!

devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
X-Offender
Carlo said 2 things today, a bad one and a good one. The bad one is that Kakà is still having problems with the injury so we don't know yet if he'll be a starter tomorrow or not. The good thing is that Gattuso is getting better day by day and we might see him already against Fiorentina. smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Dec 9 2006, 11:42 PM)
Carlo said 2 things today, a bad one and a good one. The bad one is that Kakà is still having problems with the injury so we don't know yet if he'll be a starter tomorrow or not. The good thing is that Gattuso is getting better day by day and we might see him already against Fiorentina. smile.gif

Hard match vs. Viola next week.
arivanjj
QUOTE (Portugal @ Dec 10 2006, 10:47 AM)
Hard match vs. Viola next week.

that's why we need a hard-head like rino king.gif
misha
Good to hear about Rino smile.gif
Portman
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 9 2006, 11:49 PM)
that's why we need a hard-head like rino  king.gif

Even with Rino... the way Milan is right now... I dunno. rolleyes.gif
Ry4n
can anyone tell me how to put my profile picture on im stuck ! :S
han2503
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Dec 9 2006, 11:53 PM)
can anyone tell me how to put my profile picture on im stuck ! :S

Click on my 'My Controls' From the top of the page, then from the side menu located on the left hand side of your screen click on 'Edit Avatar Settings' Then paste the URL of the image you want to put in

btw Welcome king.gif king.gif !
Ry4n
Thanks biggrin.gif
Ry4n
yea im all up and running now !!! devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif devilsmiley.gif
agenth
hey welcome!

the stats are nothing. roma won, for the first time in 20(?) years at san siro ._.

hope gattuso can play, maybe we'll gain confidence, when hopefully winning torino
Portman
Until the Christmas break (23/12 - 14/01) we have:

Torino (H)
Fiorentina (A)
Catania (H)
Udinese (A)

Not easy fixtures. Specially away.
Ry4n
yea i know the stats meen nothing i meen this season espically i meen anything can happen , but hopefully our way now !!!!
Ry4n
GIRARDI PROFILE
12/7/2006

MILAN - Oscar Girardi, born May 16, 1970, will be in charge of Milan against Torini on Sunday. He has refereed 16 Serie A games but never with Milan and five with Torino: two wins, a draw and two defeats.'

is this good or bad that he hasnt refereed Milan i meen will he be more harsh on our player then theres ? ?
misha
Ancelotti urges Milan reaction

Carlo Ancelotti has run out of patience and has urged Milan to grit their teeth and start a winning cycle from Torino to avoid an anxious Christmas.

“This is the time when we need to grit our teeth and not look back,” said the Coach. “That doesn’t just apply to the players, but all of us, as we must focus on picking up as many points as possible before the winter break.”

The Rossoneri have been struggling badly of late with just three points from their last five Serie A games and two consecutive Champions League defeats.

Marcos Cafu returns from injury to shore up a side that is already missing Alessandro Nesta, Dida, Kakha Kaladze, Serginho, Giuseppe Favalli and midfielder Gennaro Gattuso, but Kaka’s strain to the sole of his foot is still causing concern.

“The fans will see a different team from the one they saw on Wednesday against Lille. I am certain the crowd will stay close to the players. It’s a delicate moment for us and I think the supporters are viewing it the right way.”

Milan were booed off the field midweek after an embarrassing performance and there could be psychological repercussions against Torino at San Siro this afternoon.

“My angry reaction after the Lille defeat was a realistic analysis done with the right level of bitterness,” insisted Ancelotti.

“We have to face this game with the right motivation and urge to react. This side can do it. We all have to make a few extra sacrifices, though I won’t explain what those are.”

While Ancelotti’s job hangs in the balance, he faces a Torino outfit coming off three consecutive victories with ex-Milan boss Alberto Zaccheroni at the helm.

“Toro are a solid squad in defence and I think we’ll find problems breaking them down. We still own Christian Abbiati’s contract and are following his progress, but I don’t understand why there is so much transfer talk around Milan and goalkeepers. We’ve always kept him in consideration as the first alternative to Dida for the future.”

Football Italia
han2503
Zac eyes Rossoneri revenge

Alberto Zaccheroni returns to San Siro to face his former club and used Torino’s upturn in fortunes to prove a point to the side that sacked him.

“How did I manage to turn Toro’s season around? Quite simply I adapted my tactics to the players and not the other way round. I played with both three and four in defence which proves, going back to the famous controversy at Milan, that I’m not so pig-headed.”

Zac won a Scudetto for the Rossoneri in 1998, but his departure was prompted by President Silvio Berlusconi’s dissatisfaction with what he considered to be a tactical rigidity in the Coach.

If the Granata have turned a corner with three victories on the trot, then Milan are on a slippery slope with three points from five Serie A games and two consecutive Champions League defeats. However, Zaccheroni insists he isn’t surprised.

“I understood immediately what would happen. When I discovered Andriy Shevchenko was going to Chelsea, knowing Adriano Galliani’s work method, I assumed he already had either Thierry Henry or Samuel Eto’o in his grasp. When neither arrived, I thought it’d be very tough for this team. You didn’t need a fortune teller to work that out.”

Zac was also sacked by Inter after an unsuccessful spell on the other side of San Siro, but they finally look set to win the Scudetto on the field.

“Massimo Moratti has always spent a lot of money, but this time he spent it well, on players of talent and strength. It’s a squad fit for Fabio Capello, with physical power and technique, so they can’t help but win. The real difference is also in their confidence, as you can see them know sooner or later they’ll score.

“Having said that, I prefer Roma, as the way they play is exciting and entertaining with endless surprises. Daniele De Rossi and Alberto Aquilani came from the youth system, but are two of Italy’s best young prospects.”

He had a dreadful start to his Torino career, taking over three days before the start of the season, but explains why he accepted the offer.

“It wasn’t a good idea to arrive so late in the day, but President Urbano Cairo promised that we’d put ambition to one side for a year and build something for the future. Next season we can think about flying high.”

Football Italia
han2503
Squad for Milan - Torino

KEEPERS: Kalac, Fiori, Facchin.

DEFENDERS: Antonelli, Bonera, Bruscagin (37), Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski, Simic, Darmian (36).

MIDFIELDERS: Bottini (34), Brocchi, Gattuso, Gourcuff, Guerci (28), Kakà, Seedorf.

STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

Anyone notice hoe Antonelli doesn't have a number next to his name anymore. I think he might be impressing and is heading for the first team smile.gif
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 10 2006, 09:52 PM)
Anyone notice hoe Antonelli doesn't have a number next to his name anymore. I think he might be impressing and is heading for the first team  smile.gif

wat do the numbers mean anyways??
han2503
My team for this match would be

Cafu--Maldini--Kaladze--Janku
--Brocchi--Seedorf--Gourcuff--
--------------Kaka---------------
------Gilardino--Oliveira--------
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 10 2006, 10:54 AM)
wat do the numbers mean anyways??

It's because they are from the Primavera
arivanjj
so this would be my line-up for the game:

Kalac
Cafu, Simic, Maldini, Jankulovski
Brocchi, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Gilardino, Oliveira.
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Dec 10 2006, 10:57 AM)
so this would be my line-up for the game:

Kalac
Brocchi, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Gilardino, Oliveira.

I think we should establish some sort of consistancy in who we choose for our central pair, because our defence are making all those mistakes because they haven't established any sort of rapport with eachother, becuase they are constantly changing.

And since Maldini and Kaladze are the strongest pairing we have, I think we should consistantly play with them until Nesta is back
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:02 PM)
I think we should establish some sort of consistancy in who we choose for our central pair, because our defence are making all  those mistakes because they haven't established any sort of rapport with eachother, becuase they are constantly changing.

And since Maldini and Kaladze are the strongest pairing we have, I think we should consistantly play with them until Nesta is back

right now we don't have any consistancy except with nesta and maldini so to me i think simic pairing up with maldini will make a strong hold in the future.
Ry4n
I think the Formation will be

Kalac
Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Inzaghi , Oliveira.

i think Gattuso will be bak in the squad but i think maybe on 45 mins for fitness reasons
arivanjj
QUOTE (rhy_A4 @ Dec 10 2006, 10:15 PM)
I think the Formation will be

Kalac
Gattuso, Kakà, Seedorf, Gourcuff
Inzaghi , Oliveira.

i think Gattuso will be bak in the squad but i think maybe on 45 mins  for fitness reasons

hmm... no i think that'll happen in our next game.
arivanjj
2 more hours till kick-off

and damn it I DEMAND GOALS!!
Ry4n
i think 3 - 1 but im not very optomistic sad.gif it better not be another draw like Siena
Ry4n
About 30 mins to Kick off im gunna listen to it on the Milan Radio on the website !
as there is no stream sites sad.gif

MILAN-TORINO OFFICIAL LINE-UPS
12/10/2006
Milan (4-3-3): Kalac; Cafu, Kaladze, Maldini, Jankulovski; Gourcuff, Brocchi, Seedorf; Ricardo Oliveira, Borriello, Gilardino.
Torino (3-4-2-1): Abbiati[SIZE=7]; Brevi, Cioffi, Franceschini; Comotto, Barone, De Ascentis, Balestri; Lazetic, Rosina; Stellone.
| |
Portman
4-3-3? Or a 4-4-2 with Oliveira on the right?

Hum, OK. Let's do it guys! Forza Milan!
dst
3 in attack!!?

hmm... I hope it proves out decisive! smile.gif

FORZA RAGAZZI!! devil.gif
X-Offender
No Kakà? We're screwed.
misha
Oli will be playing behind 2 strikers
X-Offender
QUOTE (mishale @ Dec 10 2006, 02:46 PM)
Oli will be playing behind 2 strikers

It will be something like this:

Kalac
Cafu Maldini Kaladze Jankulovski
Brocchi
Oliveira Seedorf Gourcuff
Borriello Gilardino

Hopefully Kakà would be ready to enter the match anytime if things don't go as planned.
agenth
---------------------kalac

cafú----------kaladze--------maldini.----janku

------brocchi--------gourcuff---seedorf

borriello-------------R.O.----------------gilardino

if we don't score, i'll hunt the players!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.