Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Captains of Euro Giants
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
bigmacmtl
i thought it would be cool for everyone to pick who they think are the best captains from the top 4 teams from europe's top 3 leagues. each captain should rated by 3 categories :
1)Greatness(e.i. the amount of succes won with the club, how much they are liked by the fans,etc.)
2)Consistancy(is he usually the guy who steps up? Is he often the best guy on the field for his club? etc.)
3)Leadership

*note: each catagory is rated from 5 to 1, so each captain has a possibilty of 15 pts. If several captains end up with he same pt total you chose who is the better between them. Also i will pick the 12 teams (ignoring the current standings, and keeping in mind recent success).
in England you may chose from: Chelsea( terry),Liverpool(Gerrard),Arsenal(Henry),ManU(neville). from Italy: MILAN(MALDINI), inter (zanetti), Juve(del piero) and Roma (totti). finally from Spain : Real M (Raul), Barca (puyol), villareal (riquelme), valencia(abelda)

Oh and you cane make side notes and explain what you think of this guy and why you gave them a certain grade.

My picks:
1)Maldini 5-5-5=15 (the ultimate captain and the greatest defender of all time)
2)Del Piero 4-5-4=13 (th only spot on his file is his failure to win suthing big in europe with juve)
3)Gerrard 3-5-4=12 (we all know what he did in Istanbul, and is often the only red who steps up)
4)Totti 3-4-4=11 (gotta praise him for remaining loyal to roma and to stay despite all the offers for him)
5)Raul 5-3-3=11 (I'm not a fan of this guy and he isnt half the player he used to be, especially in the past 3 years)
6)Puyol 4-3-3=10 (recently has made up for lost time and is a rock at the back)
7)Neville 4-2-3=9 (has been around for a while and won lots of stuff with man u, and i guess he one of the top RB in the world.)
8) terry 1-4-4=9 ( i dont think those 2 prem titles are worth that much considering how many players good players chelsea buy, but at the end of the day terry is often their best player. Give him a few years and i'm sure he'll go higher up my list.)
9) Henry 2-5-2=9 (Great showman and player but not a winner, he comes in 2nd too often)
10)Zanetti 1-3-4=8 (he shows flashes of brillance at times but playing for inter doesnt help. gotta give him credit for sticking with a loser club.)
11)Riquelme 1-4-2=7 ( did well to carry viallreal to the semis and very underrated)
12) abelda 2-2-3=5 (pretty solid midfielder, has been around when valencia made those 2 CL finals)

you guys may not agree with all my picks so lets see urs.
Rossoneri7
1)Maldini 5-5-5=15 (Can I rate him any less ?!)

2)Gerrard 4-4-5=13 (The only player from Liverfool who actually deserves some respect, IMO)

3)Del Piero 3-4-4=11 (I give him credit for sticking with the zebraz when they were demoted )

4)Raul 5-3-2=10 (He is a has been, I personally think he is a washed up player, Madrid need a Captain, so go figure)

5)Puyol 4-3-3=10 (A great defender probably one of the loyal(s) in this game)

6)Totti 4-2-3=9 (He is a Roma fan at heart; if I was to comment, I'd say his idol is Maldini wink.gif )

7)terry 2-3-4=9 (The ONLY Chelsea player that I could give credit too, you see it, he plays w/ heart .. A leader above all)

8) Henry 2-4-3=9 (Great player, but I think he should have moved to Barca, maybe then, he'd be able to add titles to his name)

9) Neville 3-2-3=8 (Garry who ?! He steps up his game at times, but chocks often when it matters)

10)Riquelme 1-3-2=6 ( I like this player a lot, but his game is too slow, just like our turtle .. He could give you 10 good performances in 30 games)

11)abelda 3-1-1=5 (I'd prefer Baraja to captain Valencia, though he has won a couple of titles, I dont really find him convincing)

12) Zanetti 1-1-1=3 (merda)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.