Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FIFA World Player of the Year 2006
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
Portman
Fifa World Player a Ronaldinho, premio speciale a Buffon

18:05 del 27 novembre

Secondo quanto riporta il quotidiano spagnolo Sport, Ronaldinho avrebbe vinto per il terzo anno consecutivo il premio Fifa di giocatore dell'anno. Il riconoscimento viene attribuito tramite referendum fra tutti i ct delle oltre 190 nazionali riconosciute dalla federazione calcistica internazionale. Il vincitore del premio verrà ufficialmente annunciato nel corso del Gala della Fifa in programma all'Opera House di Zurigo il prossimo 18 dicembre, con consegna del trofeo al vincitore. Ci sarebbe anche un premio speciale a Gigi Buffon per il suo eccellente rendimento nel Mondiale di Germania 2006.

Sport, a newspaper from Barcelona says that Ronaldinho will get the FWPotY for the 3rd consecutive year.

Buffon will get the World Cup Best Goalkeeper.

Isn't this ridiculous? Cannavaro? Pirlo? rolleyes.gif
dst
Come on Portugal... Ronaldinho was the greatest (flop) in the CL Final and the greatest (flop) in the World Cup!! Why wouldn't he deserve it (flop?) !! rolleyes.gif

Shameful...
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 27 2006, 06:18 PM)
Come on Portugal... Ronaldinho was the greatest (flop) in the CL Final and the greatest (flop) in the World Cup!! Why wouldn't he deserve it (flop?) !! rolleyes.gif

Shameful...

King of Catalunia influences... wink.gif

Well. This is not confirmed yet. Let's wait.
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 27 2006, 08:20 PM)
King of Catalunia influences...  wink.gif

dry.gif ... laugh.gif
Warchant
finalist is Zidane, Cannavaro, Ronaldinho

i honestly believe this is the most useless list of worthless talent i have ever seen

zidane - imo, ruined his image forever
cannavaro - world cup=spectacular season=blah
ronaldinho - why?
X-Offender
Pirlo will be awarded best World Cup player! king.gif
dst
QUOTE (Warchant @ Nov 30 2006, 01:15 AM)

he did not ruin anything!! But yeah he shouldn't be on that list!!
Warchant
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 29 2006, 07:11 PM)
he did not ruin anything!! But yeah he shouldn't be on that list!!

oh yea, i forgot, he had already ruined it cool.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Warchant @ Nov 30 2006, 02:15 AM)
finalist is Zidane, Cannavaro, Ronaldinho

i honestly believe this is the most useless list of worthless talent i have ever seen

cannavaro - world cup=spectacular season=blah
ronaldinho - why?

When you talk about Zidane; you are talking about a legendary player !

None sense .. He is of the calibure of Plantini, Maradonna, Pele ..*EDIT* famous !

He ruined his image ?!?! How ? A red card ?! please, some sense .. !
arivanjj
Ronaldinho!!?? laugh.gif laugh.gif Haha what a joke!!
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2006, 11:05 AM)
Infamous !

huh.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 30 2006, 01:27 PM)
huh.gif

errrr Famous ... I got a bit aggitated writing the previous post
Rossoneri7
Food for thought Maradonna scoring w/ hanball in WC .. He is one of the greatest players in the World of football .. So how could Zidane 'ruin his image forever' for being sent off .. ?!
Portman
Zidane or Cannavaro for the win. cool.gif
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2006, 09:05 AM)

None sense .. He is of the calibure of Plantini, Maradonna, Pele ..*EDIT* famous !

It’s not about the red card, but about HOW he got that red card.

But I agree with you it didn’t ruin anything. Zidane has done stupid things like that before WC ’98 anyone rolleyes.gif

But that list is utterly ridiculous, again Zidane, 2 good games in the WC doesn’t entail you to an award that is rewarded to a player for his overall season achievement.

Cannavaro is the same as Zidane but was better in the WC and better for Juve.

Ronaldinho had a terrible WC, but you can’t deny that he had a great season for Barca, forgetting the CL final that is wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2006, 03:03 PM)
It’s not about the red card, but about HOW he got that red card.
But I agree with you it didn’t ruin anything. Zidane has done stupid things like that before WC ’98 anyone  rolleyes.gif

But that list is utterly ridiculous, again Zidane, 2 good games in the WC doesn’t entail you to an award that is rewarded to a player for his overall season achievement.

Cannavaro is the same as Zidane but was better in the WC and better for Juve.

Ronaldinho had a terrible WC, but you can’t deny that he had a great season for Barca, forgetting the CL final that is wink.gif

How he got it .. Was aired live around the world for all to see, by what led him to do what he did .. Now that is still an unanswered question wink.gif
Milan Are Brilliant
Typical Fifa, Ronaldinho could have had last season on the bench he'd still be in this position now.
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2006, 12:16 PM)
How he got it .. Was aired live around the world for all to see, by what led him to do what he did .. Now that is still an unanswered question wink.gif

They both admitted that it wasn't racial slur or insults about Zidanes family. Besides Zidane was the one that started with the verbal talk when he said something to Matrix about the shirt.

Anyway, whatever was said it doesn't matter, you should know how to control your temper especially when you're supposed to be a professional
Milan Are Brilliant
Everyone seems to be talking like it's all just about last season do remember this is an annual award in the normal calendar not the football one wink.gif

That just pends my question more what has Ronaldinho done so far to deserve to be in it?
agenth
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2006, 08:41 PM)
They both admitted that it wasn't racial slur or insults about Zidanes family. Besides Zidane was the one that started with the verbal talk when he said something to Matrix about the shirt.

Anyway, whatever was said it doesn't matter, you should know how to control your temper especially when you're supposed to be a professional

Zidane didn't say anything to matrix first.
wasnT' matrix the one you pulled his jersey?
and one thing led to the other... rolleyes.gif
anyways, matrix wrote now a book about this incident LOL

well he didn't ruin his career, but he ruined his goodbye with it.
dst
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Nov 30 2006, 09:46 PM)
Everyone seems to be talking like it's all just about last season do remember this is an annual award in the normal calendar not the football one  wink.gif

is it?? unsure.gif
dst
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 30 2006, 09:48 PM)

you don't play foootball, do you?? biggrin.gif Shirt tagging is as usual as breathing on the field!!

QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 30 2006, 09:48 PM)

Nah. I actually like him more after that incident... and it was definitely a memorable deed!
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 30 2006, 09:17 PM)
you don't play foootball, do you??  biggrin.gif  Shirt tagging is as usual as breathing on the field!!
Nah. I actually like him more after that incident... and it was definitely a memorable deed!

as for your 1st question: lol yes I play football, as a defense. shocking, but I'm still terrible bad.
rolleyes.gif I mean, he pulled his shirt, while they walked...
There are rumours that after pulling ZZ's shirt, ZZ said arrogantly "If you want, I'll give it to you after the game"
and then... matrix insulted him (nobody knows with what)
and then BANG!

Actually I applauded ZZ for it devilsmiley.gif laugh.gif
Finally someone tried to bang sanse into Matrix head. But didn't work

i meant that the media was shocked about the headbutt.
and maybe france even would have win, if zidane was still on the field, rrather on the bench
dst
Wow!! You like Milan AND play football?? Why can't I find such a girl here in Hellas? Even just a Milan fan...

Anyway... what I was trying to say is that shirt-tags occur ten times per second so Zidane shouldn't have made a fuss about it in the first place! And why's everyone keep saying that we don't know what Matrix replied to him; I'm pretty sure he said in public that he replied by saying "I'd rather have your sister"!!

What's funny is what some people tried to make us believe he said "You are a terrorist"... LOL... Like Matrix can think that much so as to couple Algerie with terrorism. His head would have exploded!! biggrin.gif tongue.gif
agenth
lol biggrin.gif

At least botjh dismissed the rumours about the terrorist thing.
Matrix still claims he forgot what he said to Zidane.
And Zidane is refusing to answer the media.

Mh... He only said (assumption): "If you like it, you can have it after the game"
I don't think this was a terrible insult... just bantering.

anyway, it was the world cup, glory, fame, a win was everyone's dream.
no wonder hormones are flying around crazy lol

PS: I'm not very good at playing football unsure.gif
Tennie
The book is actually rather funny (assuming one understands Italian). And hey, it's only 10 euros and the profits go to Unicef.
agenth
QUOTE (Tennie @ Nov 30 2006, 10:04 PM)
The book is actually rather funny (assuming one understands Italian). And hey, it's only 10 euros and the profits go to Unicef.

i wanted to read it but unfortunately I can't read italian *cries* rolleyes.gif ohmy.gif mad.gif
Warchant
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 30 2006, 04:05 AM)

i realize he is a legend...i'm not taking anything away from his great career

but he will always be remembered for that one incident. every documentary about him will have that stuck right at the end of it.

personally, i never liked his attitude anyways...so it makes no difference to me what he did. i still don't believe he deserves this award.
milanistar
R10 deserves it 10 times! He actually was bad for a month, while Cana was bad for 11 and Zizou for 10 months, I'm pretty sure if Eto'o went to the WC he would be in that list, he even could won!
LaPalma
QUOTE (milanistar @ Nov 30 2006, 11:41 PM)
R10 deserves it 10 times! He actually was bad for a month, while Cana was bad for 11 and Zizou for 10 months, I'm pretty sure if Eto'o went to the WC he would be in that list, he even could won!

Sorry I can only laugh about what you said (no offense though). Ronaldinho played a good (not an outstanding) season. There are many players that were better than the 3 awarded ones. From these 3 I would give it to Zizou because he showed in the WC that there is no player like him in the world that is able to decide a game on his own, and on the top of the football world he is alone. Not even Ricky plays in his league, not now, he's the only player that could be as good as Zizou in 2 or 3 years.
Anyway, there are many more players with a better season and a good WC. But who wants to give the world player award to a guy like Miro Klose who's playing for Werder Bremen? I'm sure there are other players that had a great season also, Huntelaar for example, but to get this award you have to play in Italy or Spain, maybe England...
milanistar
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 30 2006, 10:49 PM)
Sorry I can only laugh about what you said (no offense though). Ronaldinho played a good (not an outstanding) season. There are many players that were better than the 3 awarded ones. From these 3 I would give it to Zizou because he showed in the WC that there is no player like him in the world that is able to decide a game on his own, and on the top of the football world he is alone. Not even Ricky plays in his league, not now, he's the only player that could be as good as Zizou in 2 or 3 years.
Anyway, there are many more players with a better season and a good WC. But who wants to give the world player award to a guy like Miro Klose who's playing for Werder Bremen? I'm sure there are other players that had a great season also, Huntelaar for example, but to get this award you have to play in Italy or Spain, maybe England...

Well Klose, Huntelaar & Co. didn't win the CL and the Liga!
And they don't make incredible things in the field, we all know R10 is the most talented and skilful player right now!
By the way I would give it to Eto'o, he too made an excellent season, but he is not in that list wink.gif
LaPalma
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 1 2006, 12:00 AM)
Well Klose, Huntelaar & Co. didn't win the CL and the Liga!
And they don't make incredible things in the field, we all know R10 is the most talented and skilful player right now!
By the way I would give it to Eto'o, he too made an excellent season, but he is not in that list wink.gif

Well I guess the award should go to the best player, not to the one who won the most titles, but hey... maybe that's the way it goes ...
And sure, Ronaldinho IS more talented than Klose, but at least Ricky and Messi are even more talented and skillful than Ronaldinho, I haven't seen their names on the top of any list.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 30 2006, 10:41 PM)

Ur right, he should have acted professionally as he was representing his country ..

But that doesn't mean that he shouldnt be amongst the players in that list .. After this, u wont see him in any list again (unless its about the greatest football players of all time).

What was said 'verbal remarks', well looking at this thread u have alot to comprehend, but in the end, he should have acted professionally (which I'm sure he wouldnt have reached this hight unless he was a professional), then again there are somethings that happen in life .. crazy things, still not excuses, well sh1t happens tongue.gif
milanistar
QUOTE (LaPalma @ Nov 30 2006, 11:48 PM)
Well I guess the award should go to the best player, not to the one who won the most titles, but hey... maybe that's the way it goes ...
And sure, Ronaldinho IS more talented than Klose, but at least Ricky and Messi are even more talented and skillful than Ronaldinho, I haven't seen their names on the top of any list.

laugh.gif You're joking right!
han2503
QUOTE (Kaka Is Brilliant @ Nov 30 2006, 07:46 PM)
Everyone seems to be talking like it's all just about last season do remember this is an annual award in the normal calendar not the football one  wink.gif

That just pends my question more what has Ronaldinho done so far to deserve to be in it?

Still it shouldn't be just based on the WC or the club season, it should be based on both. All thos players on that list don't qualify in both catagories, it's either or for them. Players like Kaka, Klose and Buffon who whre great in all competitions are more deserving. Eto'o imo had a better season then R10 but he didn't play in the WC so it wouldn't be fair to put him in either. But I gues this list just proved that nothing is fair but just a joke, especially when Fifa are involved.

QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 30 2006, 07:48 PM)
Zidane didn't say anything to matrix first.
and one thing led to the other...  rolleyes.gif
anyways, matrix wrote now a book about this incident LOL

Shirt pulling is something that is constantly happening in footbal, Zidane told Matrix that if he wanted his shirt he could have it at the end of the game, Matrix told him something about his sister (something that is also very normal to say in football according to Matrix), Zidane turned and gave him a piece of his mind or head, literally.

QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 30 2006, 08:36 PM)
as for your 1st question: lol yes I play football, as a defense. shocking, but I'm still terrible bad.
rolleyes.gif  I mean, he pulled his shirt, while they walked...
There are rumours that after pulling ZZ's shirt, ZZ said arrogantly "If you want, I'll give it to you after the game"
and then... matrix insulted him (nobody knows with what)
and then BANG!

Actually I applauded ZZ for it  devilsmiley.gif  laugh.gif
Finally someone tried to bang sanse into Matrix head. But didn't work

i meant that the media was shocked about the headbutt.
and maybe france even would have win, if zidane was still on the field, rrather on the bench

Well at first I wasn't too happy about what he had done cause I'm an azzurri fan and I wanted them to win, but when I see it now I laugh and actaully have respect for Zidane for doing it. Consider how many times that thug almost took Sheva's or Kaka's legs off during a derby I think he got what he deserved in the end.

But as I said, Zidane is a professional and should know how to control his temper, despite whatever what was said to him.

QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 1 2006, 01:36 AM)
Ur right, he should have acted professionally as he was representing his country ..

But that doesn't mean that he shouldnt be amongst the players in that list .. After this, u wont see him in any list again (unless its about the greatest football players of all time).

What was said 'verbal remarks', well looking at this thread u have alot to comprehend, but in the end, he should have acted professionally (which I'm sure he wouldnt have reached this hight unless he was a professional), then again there are somethings that happen in life .. crazy things, still not excuses, well sh1t happens tongue.gif

This is not the first time ZZ has done something rash and stupid because of his temper.

But this is about the world player of the year award, and I personally don't see as someone deserving of the award, not because of the head butt but because this award is not based on what you did in 2 or 3 WC games, it's based on your club season AND your performanced\s in the WC. If it was just about how you played in the WC then this award should only be given out every 4 years.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 1 2006, 12:16 PM)
This is not the first time ZZ has done something rash and stupid because of his temper.

But this is about the world player of the year award, and I personally don't see as someone deserving of the award, not because of the head butt but because this award is not based on what you did in 2 or 3 WC games, it's based on your club season AND your performanced\s in the WC. If it was just about how you played in the WC then this award should only be given out every 4 years.

Go tell that to the ones that voted for him .. Cuz all I'm saying is, if it wasnt for Zidane, France would have been knocked out of the group stages.
agenth
professional players still are human!
so human make/have faults/mistakes.

ronaldinho was crap at WC, kaka was the best, and outshone him even if he was injured
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Dec 1 2006, 12:09 PM)
Go tell that to the ones that voted for him .. Cuz all I'm saying is, if it wasnt for Zidane, France would have been knocked out of the group stages.

Zidane was suspended for the game that was the decider and Patrick Vieira was the one that should be credited with getting them through.

But Zidane was the one that drove them to the final in the games against Spain and Brasil.

QUOTE (mchanna @ Dec 1 2006, 03:47 PM)
professional players still are human!
so human make/have faults/mistakes.

ronaldinho was crap at WC, kaka was the best, and outshone him even if he was injured

Ronaldinho didn't headbutt anyone, he was having a cr@ppy tournament, that isn't a mistake, I'm sure that if he could he would have played better. Zidane head butted Matrix at his own will.
LaPalma
QUOTE (milanistar @ Dec 1 2006, 03:59 AM)
laugh.gif You're joking right!

No, I'm surely not...
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Dec 1 2006, 07:28 PM)
Zidane was suspended for the game that was the decider and Patrick Vieira was the one that should be credited with getting them through.

But Zidane was the one that drove them to the final in the games against Spain and Brasil.

Zidane came out of international retierment because his national team needed him .. If only I could find that quote by Thuram .. He said something about ZIdane; his presence on the field is enough for us to believe we can make it.

Now, about the award, han, he doesnt have to win it .. Give it to Kaka, Pirlo, R10, Cannavaro, or Buffon and not to Zidane .. But my point was, he was the determining factor in what lead France to the final .. Sure he got suspended, but could they have gone that far and made it out of the group w/o Zidane.

That is all, he doesnt have to win the award .. He just deserves to be in that list
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.