Full Version: 25/11/2006 - Serie A - Milan v Messina
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Portman
Serie A - Day 13

Milan v Messina

Saturday, 25th of November '06

Time: 20:30 (IT), 19:30 (UK)

If we don't win this one, we don't deserve to be in Europe next season.

Forza Milan!
X-Offender
What Portugal said, exactly what he said.
KillerMax
A win is a must, but we are screwed anyways... rolleyes.gif

BTW Portugal, I think you mean to say you'r the psychic, not the sidekick.. Assuming this is about your predictions about Milan this season.... If not, then just ignore this...
arivanjj
After our 5 - 0 win over AEK, i'm guessing we'll take it slower with a 3 - 0 win biggrin.gif
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 19 2006, 08:27 AM)
After our 5 - 0 win over AEK, i'm guessing we'll take it slower with a 3 - 0 win  biggrin.gif

pls don't jins the CL, it's the only thing we have left to hope for this season!!
arivanjj
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 19 2006, 10:22 PM)
pls don't jins the CL, it's the only thing we have left to hope for this season!!

the word "jinx" is not in my dictionary.. cool.gif tongue.gif
Rossoneri7
Messina are a tough team .. If Empoli were fast, then I guess we will have to up our game against Messina .. I think Gila-Oli should start this one again (..as if we have other options tongue.gif ) ..

I see us winning 2-1

FORZA MILANNNN
han2503
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 19 2006, 12:18 PM)
Messina are a tough team .. If Empoli were fast, then I guess we will have to up our game against Messina .. I think Gila-Oli should start this one again (..as if we have other options tongue.gif ) ..

I see us winning 2-1

FORZA MILANNNN

I think they make a great partnership and given more time to adjust to eachother's game, they can be really great together with Kaka behind them.
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 19 2006, 03:47 PM)
I think they make a great partnership and given more time to adjust to eachother's game, they can be really great together with Kaka behind them.

True .. As they say, practice makes perfect wink.gif
Portman
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 19 2006, 06:55 AM)
BTW Portugal, I think you mean to say you'r the psychic, not the sidekick.. Assuming this is about your predictions about Milan this season.... If not, then just ignore this...

Nop. You're the first one who's calling me psychic. Some already called me "the sidekick".

Well, I'm thinking on changing it to "The Prophet" wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 19 2006, 02:18 PM)
I see us winning 2-1

2 goals !!? ohmy.gif Wow !!

Is it official yet ? ... are they only going to field 5 men ?? rolleyes.gif biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 19 2006, 05:37 PM)
2 goals !!?  ohmy.gif  Wow !!

Is it official yet ? ... are they only going to field 5 men ??  rolleyes.gif  biggrin.gif

laugh.gif .. U got to have some optimisim dst .. or else, we should all head to the grave yard and get everything out of the way tongue.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 19 2006, 04:41 PM)
laugh.gif .. U got to have some optimisim dst .. or else, we should all head to the grave yard and get everything out of the way tongue.gif

Well optimism is one thing and dreaming in Disneyland is another ... I think two goals is too much for now !! One will be good !! biggrin.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 19 2006, 06:15 PM)
Well optimism is one thing and dreaming in Disneyland is another ... I think two goals is too much for now !! One will be good !!  biggrin.gif

One goal ?! Well, if that's the winning goal then count me in biggrin.gif
KillerMax
Another 0-0 on its way...
X-Offender
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 20 2006, 11:47 PM)
Another 0-0 on its way...

I doubt it. We're playing at San Siro, and Messina aren't a strong side to worry about. They would be in Serie B now if it wasn't for the scandal.
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 20 2006, 05:30 PM)
I doubt it. We're playing at San Siro, and Messina aren't a strong side to worry about. They would be in Serie B now if it wasn't for the scandal.

Well... We'll see.
arivanjj
Channel4 Preview
Milan - Messina

In this topsy-turvy season Messina will face Milan at the San Siro as equals – at the very least. Between the Calciopoli deductions and the Rossoneri’s disappointing start to the season they currently find themselves six points behind their Sicilian opponents going into this game.

Unfortunately for Milan, and in particular Alberto Gilardino, Ricardo Oliveira and Filippo Inzaghi, it has been their inability to hit the back of the net that has landed them in trouble and their Coach’s job in jeopardy. They have scored just once in their last four matches – and that was during the 2-1 home defeat at the hands of Roma.

Add to that the losses to Atalanta, AEK Athens in the Champions League and Inter in the all-important Derby della Madonnina, and the Diavoli have managed to earn just one point in five matches. While it is hardly championship form, under-pressure boss Carlo Ancelotti was quick to take the positives when they finally earned that point against Empoli last week.

However, on top of all his other worries Ancelotti also has an injury crisis to contend with. Massimo Ambrosini, Serginho, Kakha Kaladze, Gennaro Gattuso, Giuseppe Favalli and Alessandro Nesta will all miss out through their ailments, meaning the likes of Cristian Brocchi and Daniele Bonera should get another chance to prove their worth for the Rossoneri. There are also doubts over goalkeeper Nelson Dida, Marcos Cafu and Dario Simic after their Greek fitness issues in midweek.

Messina’s injury problems are much less severe with only Mathew Olorunleke out, but defender Marco Zanchi is still suspended after his red card against Torino. Veteran Mark Iuliano should continue in his place, but their 4-1 thrashing by Lazio last week showed that his presence is sorely missed at the back.

The Giallorossi have already seen their excellent start to the season begin to be erased in recent weeks. Their slight loss in form has made the difference between a win and a draw and as a result they now find themselves slipping down the table. A win over Milan at the San Siro would be a huge confidence boost whatever their form and they won’t be afraid to push forward with the Rossoneri’s poor recent strike record.

Man on fire: Christian Rigano (Messina) – With nine goals in 12 games Rigano is Serie A’s surprise top scorer. It may have taken him a while to prove he is up to the task of playing in the top flight, but he’s showing no signs of letting up just yet.

Last season: Milan 4-0 Messina

Form guide: Milan (W L L L D) Messina (L W D D L)

Milan (probable): Dida (Kalac); Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Oliveira, Gilardino

Messina (probable): Storari; Zoro, Iuliano, Rea, Parisi; Alvarez, De Vezze, Cordova, Coppola, Masiello; Rigano

Channel4
arivanjj
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 22 2006, 10:07 PM)
Milan (probable): Dida (Kalac); Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kaka; Oliveira, Gilardino

Messina (probable): Storari; Zoro, Iuliano, Rea, Parisi; Alvarez, De Vezze, Cordova, Coppola, Masiello; Rigano

those 3 worry me unsure.gif
X-Offender
My probable line up: Kalac; Brocchi, Bonera, Maldini, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Gourcuff, Seedorf, Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino.
han2503
X, have you heard anything on Milan channel about Dida's situation.

If Kalac is going to start this am fully expecting us to lose because of one of his blunders.
X-Offender
Dunno, I haven't watched Milan Channel lately, but if the official site says 2-3 months then 2-3 months it should be.
KillerMax
Is Cafu injured?
han2503
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 24 2006, 05:38 AM)
Is Cafu injured?

Apperantly yes, but I don't think it's anything serious.

So right now our injury list reads something like this.

Dida
Nesta
Kaladze
Cafu
Simic
Serginho
Rino

That is practically our defensive starting lineup
han2503
I think a flat 4-4-2 formation would be our best option for this game, so that we will have a stable midfield and a very solid defence ie. no fullbacks running up and down the flanks, so that Kalac won't be exposed, even for a second if it's possible.

I would go for something like this.

Brocchi--Paolo--Billy--Bonera
Kaka--Pirlo--Seedorf--Janku
---------Oliveira--Gila---------

or a 4-4-1-1 formation

Bonera--Paolo--Billy--Antonelli
Brocchi--Pirlo--Seedorf--Janku
-------------Kaka----------------
-----------------Oli---------------

In both formation Gourcuff could be played in place of either Pirlo or Seedorf, I personally would rather Bench Pirlo since all he seems to be doing lately is losing the ball in dangerous areas of the field.

I think I would swing more in favour of the 4-4-1-1 formation, very solid defence, Janku is naturally a winger, so I think he will play better there and be able to attack more. Brocchi can cover for Pirlo and Seedorf there and help out in the attack, I think he has a great cross and lob.

If we are going to play with one striker and kaka in support of him then Oli should be the one to play as the target man, but also the one who stretches Messina's defence with his runs so that Kaka could penetrate through the middle.
berenike_10
This is hopeless.. all the season is going down the toilet, the team is playing really bad from time to time, we cannot win any simple game, and the prima squadra is too tired, im getting very dissapointed.... sad.gif

the result will be a tie 0-0 or 1-1 no more.
berenike_10
I was reding in some spanish web site , that milan are seeking this players for the next season , and suposely SILVIO BERLUSCONI wants them..., this are the cracks to make milan elite once more. here you have the list

*steven gerrard
*abidal
*van der vaart
*robben
*fernando torres

* i can bet my left ball that this players wont come to ac milan. ( or at least not all of 'em)

source - mercafutbol.com
http://www.mercafutbol.com/noticias.asp?ct=372&nt=23154

ps. if you understand spanish, go for it.
dst
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NESTA, KALA AND SIMIC RETURN
11/24/2006 4:40:00 PM

The Rossoneri were hard at work today ahead of Saturday's game with Messina. Nesta, Kaladze and Simic are back, but not Ambro.

Today’s light pre-game training session started at 3pm CET. Carlo Ancelotti spoke to his players and then they started the session with warm-ups, followed by athletic work that included stretching, running, sprints and speed and agility exercises. Then the session took on a decidely technical-tactical focus after 30 minutes and the group worked with the ball. A series of practice games closed the practice.

Alessandro Nesta, Kala Kaladze and Dario Simic were back training with the group and, in fact, they are on the list of the 20-man squad for Messina. Massimo Ambrosini was not called up and spent the session working in the gym.

The three recovered players, in addition to the three Primavera youth side players (Facchin, Antonelli and Vitofrancesco), offer important options to coach Ancelotti.

Here is the Rossoneri squad for Messina:

KEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Facchin (n.30); DEFENDERS: Antonelli (n.31), Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf, Vitofrancesco (n.39); STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

acmilan.com

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
dst
Some light coming out of the tunnel at last... smile.gif

why don't we give a chance to Aubumeyang too... he can't be worse than Borriellinho! rolleyes.gif
Minami
Do you know which channels will broadcast this match??

Because there is no treat in 'Livefootball'...

Hope somebody could help me.. smile.gif smile.gif

I think Milan will win something like 2:1 against Messina
KillerMax
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 24 2006, 02:42 AM)
Apperantly yes, but I don't think it's anything serious.

So right now our injury list reads something like this.

Dida
Nesta
Kaladze
Cafu
Simic
Serginho
Rino

That is practically our defensive starting lineup

You forgot about Costacurta (who is out for 6 weeks).
Portman
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 24 2006, 06:32 PM)
I was reding in some spanish web site , that milan are seeking this players for the next season , and suposely SILVIO BERLUSCONI wants them..., this are the cracks to make milan elite once more. here you have the list

*steven gerrard
*abidal
*van der vaart
*robben
*fernando torres

-Gerrard is not leaving Liverpool. He's Liverpool.
-Abidal... is good but not THAT good.
-Van der Vaart for what? Are we planning to sell Kaka?
-Robben? Milan use no wingers.
-Torres? The usual suspect...
mishie
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 24 2006, 07:57 PM)

gerrard-rumours in the english press say he and rafa having troubles, so you never know and don't forget he nearly joined chelsea!
abidal- agree not milan standard
van der vaart- no we aren't selling kaka but strength in depth! kaka can't play every game
robben-often used in a 3 man attack and we never are that adventous and we don't play with wingers so no chance
torres- either staying at a.madrid or joining man.u i'm afraid
Portman
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2006, 07:37 PM)
Here is the Rossoneri squad for Messina:

KEEPERS: Fiori, Kalac, Facchin (n.30); DEFENDERS: Antonelli (n.31), Bonera, Kaladze, Maldini, Nesta, Jankulovski, Simic; MIDFIELDERS: Brocchi, Gourcuff, Kakà, Pirlo, Seedorf, Vitofrancesco (n.39); STRIKERS: Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Ricardo Oliveira.

Ambro is still a Milan player? Sincerely... I don't know what he's doing in this club...

Well, good to see some of them back. I'll go for:

Simic--Nesta--Maldini--Kaladze
---------------Pirlo--------------
-----Gourcuff---Jankulovski
--------------Kaka
-------Oliveira---Inzaghi
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (Minami @ Nov 24 2006, 10:46 PM)
Do you know which channels will broadcast this match??

Because there is no treat in 'Livefootball'...

Hope somebody could help me.. smile.gif  smile.gif

I think Milan will win something like 2:1 against Messina

TV 8 Turkey
Premiere Sport 1
Sky Calcio
Sky Sport 1
Alfa TV
S.Sport Hellas
C+Deporte 1
RAI International 3
Setanta Sport Europe
Setanta Sport1
Sport +
Sport 2 HU
Mediaset Premium 1
Digit ALB
Aljazeera Sport +1
(C+Sport (D,F,N,S
(C+Sport 2 (Poland
KillerMax
My line up:

Fiori (trust me when I say he is miles better than Kalac ever was)

Bonera Simic Kaladze Jankulovski

Pirlo

Brocchi Gourcuff

Kaka

Oliveira Gila
dst
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 24 2006, 09:57 PM)

Gerrard was that close in joining Chelski... I think he might leave, but I don't like him anyway so he'd better not.
Abidal... Oh my we're cheap!
Van der Vaart could replace Seedorf!
Robben is a one f@cking piece of sh1t... stay away!!
Torres... I want goals! If he can guarantee me goals then it's fine by me.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 24 2006, 10:08 PM)
Ambro is still a Milan player? Sincerely... I don't know what he's doing in this club...

There are unfortunately a bunch of players in Milan's squad that I don't know what use they are for.

QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 24 2006, 10:08 PM)
-----Gourcuff---Jankulovski

Yeah, like Carlo would risk it. He's said already hesitated to it twice!
X-Offender
Tomorrow night's probably line up:

Kalac; Bonera, Simic, Maldini, Jankulovski; Pirlo, Brocchi, Seedorf, Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

If I was Carlo I would rest Seedorf and put Gourcuff instead. The rest is fine.
dst
anyone else thinks Pirlo has noticeably leveled up his performances as of late? Not anywhere near his great aka "WC" self but at least he is of some use...
X-Offender
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2006, 10:24 PM)
anyone else thinks Pirlo has noticeably leveled up his performances as of late? Not anywhere near his great aka "WC" self but at least he is of some use...

Here here!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2006, 09:24 PM)

I really can't see it. All I;m seeing from him lately is him lossing the ball every couple of seconds.
arivanjj
Goal.com: Milan-Messina

Milan dominated this fixture last season (with a brace from the now departed Andriy Shevchenko), 4-0, but that certainly cannot be expected this time around. The attacking third has been the dead zone for Milan this season, and things do not look to be improving.

The strikers were again not able to do their jobs last weekend, in the scoreless draw away to Empoli. However, Ricardo Oliveira did hit the frame of the goal twice, so he cannot necessarily be faulted too much, at least for last weekend’s result.

In fact, Milan have hit the woodwork twelve times this season, a staggering number for a side thought to have several dead-aim shooters at their disposal.

Messina have fared much better this term, sitting in twelfth place, six points ahead of Milan. They have been led by Serie A top scorer Christian Rigano. Although, the results have started to escape from their grasp recently. Their form is slipping, but they can still feel good about their chances against Milan, who are struggling in all departments right now.

CURRENT FORM

Milan (L L D, 8 points)

The Rossoneri are in fifteenth place in the Serie A table, which is no surprise considering they have not won in a full month. Not only that, but they have been losing their recent matches, and things don’t really seem to be improving, despite finally getting a point in the draw at Empoli last Saturday.

While the offense is non-existent, the defense has also become leaky, after starting the season playing well. Milan have now allowed more goals (12) than they scored(11).

Messina (D D L, 14 points)

The Giallorossi are too struggling at the moment, without a victory since the end of October. The goals have only been coming from one person, Christian Rigano, and he will need some assistance if they are to stay around mid-table before the winter break.

TEAM NEWS

The casualties just continue to pile up for Milan. Names such as Massimo Ambrosini and Serginho have been missing in action for most of the season. Add to that the likes of Gennaro Gattuso and Giuseppe Favalli, who are both out until 2007. Further possible absentees are Alessandro Nesta, Marcos Cafu and Kakhaber Kaladze.. The worst piece of news for Milan is the injury suffered by goalkeeper Nelson Dida, who will be out for around 8-12 weeks.

The only major injury for Messina is Mathew Olorunleke. However, Marco Zanchi is out through suspension.

PLAYERS TO WATCH

Kakà (Milan) – He is the only squad member who has been able to score with any regularity this term. Therefore, his play will be essential to a positive result.

Christian Rigano (Messina) – Who else? He has scored nine goals this season, and could be a revelation this year like Luca Toni was last season.

POSSIBLE STARTING XI’s

Milan (4-3-1-2): Kalac; Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Jankulovski; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Oliveira, Gilardino

Messina (4-5-1): Storari; Zoro, Iuliano, Rea, Parisi; Alvarez, De Vezze, Cordova, Coppola, Masiello; Rigano

PREDICTION
Hmm, this is a real head scratcher. Convention would say to select Milan, but they have been anything but themselves this season. Messina also have been tough to predict, because of their recent problems.

Milan 1-0 Messina
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 25 2006, 12:24 AM)

Just watch where he looses the ball in this match hint, right on the 18 yard line .. for the past 4-5 games he's been loosing the ball in such dangerous areas of the pitch ..

Just watch where he makes the mistakes wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 24 2006, 11:42 PM)
Just watch where he looses the ball in this match hint, right on the 18 yard line .. for the past 4-5 games he's been loosing the ball in such dangerous areas of the pitch ..

Just watch where he makes the mistakes wink.gif

Well yeah I said he's far from being good but he's losing the ball less times and has been better defense-wise!
han2503
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2006, 09:58 PM)
Well yeah I said he's far from being good but he's losing the ball less times and has been better defense-wise!

Yes defensively he has been better, especially in the AEK game, he stole a couple of balls in that one.

But as R7 said, when he loses the ball it's always in a dangerous area that will spark a counter for our opposition.

I personally think that he is a risk to play when he is in such bad form
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 25 2006, 12:58 AM)

At a time like this, we have close to no options and a very weak bench .. I doubt Carlo would bech him for any reason ..

Defense-wise, he has been better, as he is taking up some of Gennaro's duties .. Very obvious. But my point is, when he's under pressure, which is what has been happening, he looses the ball ... U were at the game .. How many times did he loose the ball right on the 18 yard-line .. I was literally screaming at the screen when he did it not once, twice, but 4-5 times ..
dst
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 25 2006, 12:22 AM)
U were at the game .. How many times did he loose the ball right on the 18 yard-line .. I was literally screaming at the screen when he did it not once, twice, but 4-5 times ..

Well... I couldn't scream, I was sitting among AEK's fans... tongue.gif
agenth
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 24 2006, 11:28 PM)
Well... I couldn't scream, I was sitting among AEK's fans...  tongue.gif

oh my you coward LOL wink.gif
i have a friend ( a girl) who was openly rooting for milan there rolleyes.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 25 2006, 01:28 AM)
Well... I couldn't scream, I was sitting among AEK's fans...  tongue.gif

laugh.gif haha ..
dst
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 25 2006, 12:41 AM)
oh my you coward LOL wink.gif
i have a friend ( a girl) who was openly rooting for milan there  rolleyes.gif

She is a girl... even those f@ckers around me wouldn't kick a girl in the face! I made it clear to everybody who I supported when we conceded.

... but I feel ashamed it's true, I should have stood up! blush.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.