Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Buffon’s sister survives crash
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > General Football > Football Discussion > Archive 06/07
arivanjj
Gigi Buffon’s sister is recovering in hospital after being involved in a car crash that killed two of her fellow passengers.

Veronica Buffon was travelling on the A4 between Turin and Milan when the vehicle she was in collided with a lorry in heavy fog.

The Juventus player’s sister was hospitalised in Novara, along with her boyfriend Stefano Turi – a footballer for Piedmont C2 side Biellese – but their condition is not considered as serious.

Two other Biellese players were in the same car. Francesco Varrenti is understood to have died on impact, while teammate Marcello Koffi is fighting for his life.

Eleonora Boschetti, a friend of Veronica, also sadly died in the accident.

“My sister is okay and so is her boyfriend,” said Buffon, who immediately travelled to visit her in Novara.

“It is hard for me to smile or celebrate though as unfortunately two people have died. We obviously need to respect those who didn’t survive,” added the Italian international.

Varrenti, who was 27-years-old, had moved to Biella at the end of October after five seasons in Serie D.

“Biellese are an important club and I am happy I have been given the opportunity to return to the Serie C2, a Division I honestly believe I deserve,” the midfielder stated recently.
arivanjj
wow unsure.gif , my heart really goes out to them...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.