Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 21/11/06 - UCL - AEK Athens vs AC Milan
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > Matches > Archive 06/07
Pages: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
berenike_10
Weekday 5

AEK Athens vs AC Milan

Tuesday 21th, November '06

*we take on empoli on saturday, will play on athens on tuesday , the team is not having a good time, but still they need to qualify...

*prediction : 0-1
Rossoneri7
I think this should be a relatively easy game .. Our players should regain some confidence from this one king.gif
Nova
this is a tough one sad.gif I dont want aek to lose sad.gif but I dont want Milan to lose either sad.gif
berenike_10
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 13 2006, 03:11 PM)
this is a tough one sad.gif I dont want aek to lose sad.gif but I dont want Milan to lose either sad.gif

i really dont mind to tie this one, and then milan can trash out lille, thing is that milan need to get confidence once more
Nova
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 13 2006, 10:12 PM)
i really dont mind to tie this one,  and then milan can trash out lille, thing is that milan need to get confidence once more

One point is enough to go trough right ? So a tie perhaps isnt that bad. Then Aek can win against Anderlecht and hopefully go trough king.gif
I_Rossoneri
We need a win for confidence if nothing else.
berenike_10
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 13 2006, 03:53 PM)
One point is enough to go trough right ? So a tie perhaps isnt that bad. Then Aek can win against Anderlecht and hopefully go trough  king.gif

or reach at least the uefa cup. that's not that bad at all. grab a calculator and start creating all scenarios as possible i aek ties with milan and wins against anderlecht , they go trough only if lille ties or looses against anderlecht this match,
every other resul you come by on it , you can add it im lack of time now hehe

Group H Pld W D L GF GA Pts
Milan 4 3 1 0 8 1 10
Lille 4 1 2 1 4 3 5
AEK 4 1 1 2 3 7 4
Anderlecht 4 0 2 2 3 7 2
Rossoneri7
Crossing my fingers that we dont get paired with Werder
Rossoneri7
Group H

Match ........................................... Score

Anderlecht - Lille ........................... 1 - 1
Milan - AEK Athens ........................ 3 - 0
Lille - Milan ................................... 0 - 0
AEK Athens - Anderlecht ................ 1 - 1
Anderlecht - Milan ......................... 0 - 1
Lille - AEK Athens ......................... 3 - 1
AEK Athens - Lille ......................... 1 - 0
Milan - Anderlecht ......................... 4 - 1
Lille - Anderlecht .......................... -
AEK Athens - Milan ....................... -
Anderlecht - AEK Athens ............... -
Milan - Lille .................................. -
KillerMax
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 14 2006, 07:09 PM)
Crossing my fingers that we dont get paired with Werder

Why?
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 15 2006, 09:03 AM)
Why?

They have a VERY capable team this season .. I would rather we face Barca than them ..

I dunno, we play better against the BIG teams, but Bremen is of a similar mould as PSV and we don't play at our best when paired against such teams.
berenike_10
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 15 2006, 03:44 AM)
They have a VERY capable team this season .. I would rather we face Barca than them ..

I dunno, we play better against the BIG teams, but Bremen is of a similar mould as PSV and we don't play at our best when paired against such teams.

You have a point, but i rather if milan has the chance to face a big club to see if milan is actually capable to do somethig interesting in the UCL. could be barcelona or werder, however, im looking that barca has the classification quite complicated.
KillerMax
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 15 2006, 12:56 PM)
You have a point, but i rather if milan has the chance to face a big club to see if milan is actually capable to do somethig interesting in the UCL. could be barcelona or werder, however, im looking that barca has the classification quite complicated.

I so hope Barca fails to qualify... That would be awesome!!
berenike_10
QUOTE (pKillerMax @ Nov 15 2006, 12:58 PM)
I so hope Barca fails to qualify... That would be awesome!!

so do i, but i would also like to milan eliminate them on the next round... will see what happens.
X-Offender
A draw is all we need to pass through. I don't think it's gonna be that easy, but we might just win this one. Hopefuly Lille and Anderlecht will tie aswell.
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 16 2006, 11:35 AM)
A draw is all we need to pass through. I don't think it's gonna be that easy, but we might just win this one. Hopefuly Lille and Anderlecht will tie aswell.

only if something apocalyptical happens, milan won't go to the next round, what i need to know is, if milan go as a 1st. place ( most likely they will ) , wich team will be facing on the second round???

its still a draw ?
X-Offender
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 18 2006, 02:52 PM)
only if something apocalyptical happens, milan won't go to the next round, what i need to know is, if milan go as a 1st. place ( most likely they will ) , wich team will be facing on the second round???

My dream is Real Madrid.
han2503
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 18 2006, 01:52 PM)

its still a draw ?

There will be another draw.

The winners of their respective groups can't be paired up with other winners only against runner ups.

Real Madrid I think are a possibility, so are Barca.

I think Real would be easier to defeat, since Carlo knows Cappello inside out and knows how to stifle him.
arivanjj
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 19 2006, 01:26 AM)
My dream is Real Madrid.

mine is Barca
and on this match, i'll go with 0 - 3, hopefully we'll get our confidence back.
X-Offender
Squad for Athens: Dida, Fiori, Kalac; Cafu, Maldini, Costacurta, Simic, Jankulovski, Bonera, Antonelli; Seedorf, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Kakà, Brocchi, Guerci; Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Oliveira.
han2503
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 19 2006, 07:06 PM)
Squad for Athens: Dida, Fiori, Kalac; Cafu, Maldini, Costacurta, Simic, Jankulovski, Bonera, Antonelli; Seedorf, Gourcuff, Pirlo, Kakà, Brocchi, Guerci; Borriello, Gilardino, Inzaghi, Oliveira.

My team from that squad would be

Cafu--Maldini--Simic--Antonelli
--Brocchi--Seedorf--Gourcuff--
--------------Kaka---------------
---------Oliveira--Gila-----------

If we want either Gila or Pippo, whichever one from them is going to play to score, we need as much push from the flanks as possible, I picked Antonelli for the left side because he really impressed me in the Coppa match, very precise crosses, fast and seemed like he was handling his flank like a pro.

Pirlo needs to sit out for a couple of matches, because since he plays that deep in midfield, when he loses the ball we are ALWAYS in danger to conceed, and looking at the form he is currently in right now, and the ammount of times he is losing the ball over the course of 90 minutes, I would opt to rest him for a couple of matches.

Oliveira is so close to scoring again and all he needs is that extra bit of luck that all strikers need with them, I think he will score in this one. Gila or Pippo doesn't really matter which one of them takes the box-striker spot, I tend to prefer Gila because I think he links up better with Kaka and oli rather then Pippo
milanista1899
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 16 2006, 05:35 PM)

I'm pretty sure we need to win to be assured of finishing top. I think that's the easiest way to look at it - don't like relying on other teams results. I agree, it won't be easy.
berenike_10
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 18 2006, 08:26 AM)
My dream is Real Madrid.

barca or madrid... its the same , but i prefer barcelona to revenge the semi final last year... and i agree almost with han's line up.. this is mine to face AEK Athens

------------------Dida

----Cafu---Maldini---Simic---Marek

------Brocchi---Gourcuff---Seedorf

------------------Kaka

-----------Inzaghi----Oliveria
KillerMax
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 19 2006, 01:06 PM)

My line up:

Dida
Cafu Bonera Maldini Antonelli
Brocchi Pirlo Gourcuff
Seedorf
Inzaghi Oliveira

Someone give Kaka some f@cking rest..............
Rossoneri7
CHAMPIONS FOCUS

Carlo Ancelotti and top Champions League goalscorer Kakà are anticipating the game against AEK to be the perfect stepping stone to the final.

CARLO ANCELOTTI

AEK’s quality of play has improved in recent games. They will give their all tomorrow night, but so will we. Our object is to close the round and seal the qualification. Their most dangerous player is Nikolaos Liberopoulos. It will be a very open and fun game because both sides want to win.

This is an important stadium for Milan because we won the European Cup here in 1994. We are here to get the measure of the stadium and return for the final.

Sorrentino is a good keeper but we already have three keepers and aren’t interested in him. We haven’t heard from Rivaldo in quite some time, but we remember him with affection. He was very important for us in the Champions League in Manchester.

KAKA'

I am happy to be the top Champions League goalscorer at the moment. I hope to keep this position by scoring many other goals. Things are going better for us in the Champions League. We are finding teams that are more open and less closed. At the moment, in the league we aren’t able to open up the closed defence.

We are all a bit angry with the way things are going at present, but in the right way. Paolo, Billy, Clarence, they are all very experienced and they have already lived through these kind of situations. It’s only a bump. We aren’t completely relaxed, but we are managing to maintain our calm attitude.

I am not disappointed about not winning the Golden Ball because what counts in winning it are great results and seeing it was a World Cup year it is only right that an Italian who won the World Cup should win it.

acmilan.com
Rossoneri7
We are all a bit angry with the way things are going at present, but in the right way. Paolo, Billy, Clarence, they are all very experienced and they have already lived through these kind of situations. It’s only a bump.

Experience does pay-off wink.gif
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 20 2006, 11:11 PM)
Experience does pay-off wink.gif

We have too much experience wink.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Nov 21 2006, 12:13 AM)
We have too much experience wink.gif

Which is even better smile.gif

Can u question Costacurta's season last yr ?! That was all experience, oh and he was playing as a RB
misha
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 20 2006, 11:18 PM)
Which is even better smile.gif

Can u question Costacurta's season last yr ?! That was all experience, oh and he was playing as a RB

It was a good season for 39 y.o . But the point is that is not healthy for the team to have so much players over 30. It's also bad in a long run. A team needs to be balanced
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (mishale @ Nov 21 2006, 12:27 AM)
It was a good season for 39 y.o . But the point is that is not healthy for the team to have so much players over 30. It's also bad in a long run. A team needs to be balanced

I am with u 100% .. We need fresher legs on the pitch, but I was emphasizing that experience has it's advantages smile.gif

After the loss at Istanbul .. Kaka said that if it wasnt for Costacurta and Maldini's support and strength, many of his team mates, and he himself, would have handled the situation differently (.. many senarios could come into context..) .. I take it that it was the experience that they had that gave the team a lift when there was no light left after Istanbul rolleyes.gif

So in a sense .. They'r presence is important, but I get what ur saying too
misha
Of course experience has it's advantages but we are using it too long. I want people to say that Milan has a young and hungry team. We all want that. Maybe next year sad.gif
Rossoneri7
For sure next yr mishale
agenth
cannavaro already won golden ball?!?
how so, it's awarded on 27th november...
misha
QUOTE (mchanna @ Nov 21 2006, 12:04 AM)
cannavaro already won golden ball?!?
how so, it's awarded on 27th november...

The info always leaking a week or so early...
X-Offender
Cafu is having a problem so he might not play tomorrow. The same with Jankulovski. Milan Channel's probable line up:

Dida
Simic Costacurta Maldini Bonera
Pirlo
Brocchi Seedorf
Kakà
Oliveira Inzaghi
arivanjj
QUOTE (X-Offender @ Nov 21 2006, 10:29 AM)
Cafu is having a problem so he might not play tomorrow. The same with Jankulovski. Milan Channel's probable line up:

Dida
Simic Costacurta Maldini Bonera
Pirlo
Brocchi Seedorf
Kakà
Oliveira Inzaghi

not happy... unsure.gif
han2503
QUOTE (arivanjj @ Nov 21 2006, 06:49 AM)
not happy... unsure.gif

Oh my, Bonera at LB????

Why doesn't Carlo play Antonalli there?? I mean Bonera isn't a RB and neither is he a LB.

Still Milan channel still get a few details of the line-up wrong on most occasions
arivanjj
Kaka aims for knock out blow

Kaká is hoping to continue his rich vein of goalscoring form in the UEFA Champions League tonight against AEK Athens FC and secure AC Milan's place in the knockout stage of Europe's premier club competition.

Top scorer
The 24-year-old Brazilian playmaker, who struck a stunning hat-trick in Milan's 4-1 win over RSC Anderlecht on Matchday 4, is top of the scoring charts in the tournament alongside Chelsea FC marksman Didier Drogba with five goals and he is eager to find the net again at the Olympic Stadium as Group H leaders Milan seek to secure their place in the next round.

Tough Italians
"It feels great to be at the top of the goals chart and I hope I can score again so I can stay top," said Kaká, who admitted his return of two goals in 12 Serie A games was down to the tight defensive strategies employed in Italian football. "In the Champions League defences are more open than in the Italian championship which is much tighter so it's more difficult to score."

'We are favourites' dry.gif
Kaká shrugged off the club's poor domestic record and said it would not have an adverse effect on this evening’s showdown. "We have had some difficulties in Serie A but the fact that we have experienced players helps us a lot," he said. "The players know how to use this frustration we have had in a positive way. I believe we are favourites for first place as we were at the start of the competition."

French fancy
When asked who would finish second in the group, Kaká plumped for LOSC Lille Métropole as he said he was confident he and his team-mates would see off AEK. "I hope and believe things will go well for us and if they do then Lille must be favourites for second place in the group," he said.

source
Rossoneri7
"We have had some difficulties in Serie A but the fact that we have experienced players helps us a lot," he said. "The players know how to use this frustration we have had in a positive way.

What can I say rolleyes.gif

This is definately the positive we can take from the forum of our team so far devil.gif
Rossoneri7
Game just a couple of hrs away .. Though I'm in a mix, seeing as we only need a draw to qualify; I dont know whether to watch the Real Lyon game, or ours ..

Any insight ppl ?
milanista1899
QUOTE (Rossoneri7 @ Nov 21 2006, 04:32 PM)
Game just a couple of hrs away .. Though I'm in a mix, seeing as we only need a draw to qualify; I dont know whether to watch the Real Lyon game, or ours ..

Any insight ppl ?

Ours! F**k Real & Lyon! We need a win to be assured of 1st place, there's been too many draws that we should have won! A team like Milan should never play for a draw! Plus, I wanna see goals tonight for Oliveira, Pippo & Gila!
ACM-pippo
I saw somewhere that Cafu and Janku have problems and maybe will not be available for the game and theirs subs will be Costacurta(Cafu) and Bonera(Janku) sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif Maybe Bonera is better from left than right
milanista1899
QUOTE (ACM-pippo @ Nov 21 2006, 05:11 PM)
I saw somewhere that Cafu and Janku have problems and maybe will not be available for the game and theirs subs will be Costacurta(Cafu) and Bonera(Janku) sad.gifsad.gifsad.gif Maybe Bonera is better from left than right

Well he can't be any worse at left back! Still, I think it should be Simic-Bonera-Costacurta-Maldini in defense. Maybe worth taking a look at Antonelli at left back in the 2nd half. Also heard that Seedorf maybe out & Gourcoff in his place - not a bad thing, it'll allow Seedorf to rest a bit.
misha
Kaka on the goal hunt

Milan star Kaka hopes to confirm his goalscoring form in the Champions League tie with AEK Athens on Tuesday.

The Brazilian is currently the tournament’s top scorer with five goals, along with Chelsea ace Didier Drogba, and he’s looking to confirm that position by helping Milan into the last 16.

“It feels great to be at the top of the charts and I hope I can score again so I can stay there,” said Kaka, who struck an impressive hat-trick in the tie with Anderlecht on Matchday 4.

“In the Champions League defences are much more open than in the Italian championship, that’s why it’s more difficult to score,” added the 24-year-old, who has only netted two goals in the domestic League.

“We have had some difficulties in Serie A, but the fact that we have experienced players helps us a lot,” explained the Brazilian international.

“The players know how to use the frustration we feel in a positive way. I believe we are favourites for first place as we were at the start of the competition,” concluded Kaka.

The Greeks have scored nine goals in their last two League games and hope that a sold-out Olympic Stadium will aid their cause.

But Coach Lorenzo Serra Ferrer knows that it will not be an easy match and does not believe that the Rossoneri are in crisis, despite their difficulties in Serie A.

“When you face a team like Milan, you have to be aware of the quality that they have," commented the tactician.

“It is hard to explain their slow start in the Italian championship, but if you look at their starting line-up, it is full of stars. I don’t know which Milan we will face, but I want to see a strong AEK.

“Games in the domestic championship and the Champions League are very different.

“My players deserve credit for the fact that they have scored many goals lately, but we mustn’t forget that the defence is a vital part of football too. I’m hoping for a good footballing contest.”

Football Italia
RED&BLACK Milan
hope Kaka scores at least 2 ! !
ACM-pippo
official:
Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Bonera; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Ricardo Oliveira, Inzaghi.
It's good line-up, except Bonera, maybe Antonelli was better choice
berenike_10
QUOTE (ACM-pippo @ Nov 21 2006, 12:43 PM)
official:
Milan (4-3-1-2): Dida; Simic, Costacurta, Maldini, Bonera; Brocchi, Pirlo, Seedorf; Kakà; Ricardo Oliveira, Inzaghi.

This is something new... well... forza milan !!!
berenike_10
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2006, 02:08 AM)
Oh my, Bonera at LB????

Why doesn't Carlo play Antonalli there?? I mean Bonera isn't a RB and neither is he a LB.

Still Milan channel still get a few details of the line-up wrong on most occasions

Well.. bonera plays awful as a rb , i hope can can do it better as a left back...

ps. yes i do belive in miracles
ACM-pippo
QUOTE (berenike_10 @ Nov 21 2006, 08:48 PM)
Well.. bonera plays awful as a rb , i hope can can do it better as a left back...

ps. yes i do belive in miracles

This season miracles aren't on our side. mad.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (han2503 @ Nov 21 2006, 09:08 AM)
Oh my, Bonera at LB????

I don't think so. Milan Channel's got emissaries from any Milan match, home and away. They're pretty much the most accurate source to rely on about such things. Yesterday Bonera was the only one to not change his position (as LB) during the whole training session. But we'll see, in a couple of minutes we shall get the official line up. Here's AEK's one anyway:

Aek Athens (4-3-1-2): Sorrentino; Cirillo, Dellas, Papastathopoulos, Tziortziopoulos; Emerson, Zikos, Tozser; Manduca; Liberoupoulos, Julio Cesar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.