Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ancelotti: We can win Scudetto
AC Milan - Milanfan.com > AC Milan > News > Archive 06/07
misha
Milan may be 14 points adrift of the leaders, but Carlo Ancelotti insists they can still challenge for the Scudetto.

“Last season we were 14 points off the top spot, just as we are now, yet we managed to battle until the final game for that title. You never can tell in football.”

Juventus seemed to be running away with the Serie A Championship last term only to suffer a poor run that allowed their rivals to catch them.

In the end the Scudetto went to Inter after the Calciopoli scandal – the same trial that saw Milan have to start this season with an eight-point penalty.

“We are the only club that the CONI Arbitration did not give a discount to. We feel penalised, as they took eight points from us,” said an irritated Ancelotti.

“The fact that our Vice-President Adriano Galliani was promised more lenient sentencing on appeal and the Federation went back on its word shows what’s happening at the moment. Milan are certainly not viewed well by the current political climate, I think that’s obvious to everyone.

“However, that book is now closed and a new season kicks off for us from this weekend. We have to try to fight back up the table taking it one game at a time, especially as in the last few weeks we’ve struggled to get points.”

The San Siro giants have lost their last two home matches on the trot in Serie A to joint leaders Palermo and Inter, so the trip to Atalanta becomes crucial.

The midweek Champions League mauling of Anderlecht may have boosted morale, but the 4-1 result also saw Alessandro Nesta and Kakha Kaladze pick up injuries.

“Alessandro will be back next Sunday, while Kakha needs to rest for at least a week,” explained Ancelotti, who celebrates the fifth anniversary of his appointment to the Rossoneri bench today.

The crisis of their forwards in recent weeks has been uppermost in Milan’s thoughts, especially with unsettled Real Madrid men Ronaldo and Antonio Cassano calling for a return to Italy.

“All players are useful and none are indispensable. On form, Ronaldo is an extraordinary player, as certain qualities do not disappear, they only get clouded over. However, if I did need a striker for the January transfer window – and I do not – then I’d ask for one who could play in all competitions.”

Both players are Cup-tied for the Champions League this season, even if they’ve had only 46 minutes each on the pitch.

Football Italia
dst
Nesta ... thank God he's only out for this match !! king.gif

Congratulations Carletto for your 5 years as Milan's coach !!
Rossoneri7
Yes Carlo .. If we closed in on Capello's Juve .. We can definately pass the merda !

The season is loooong .. ie, 7 months long and the team can beat the odds.

FORZA MILAN
devilsmiley.gif
Portman
We can win it.
So as Catania. Everything is possible...

Yeah, right. rolleyes.gif
misha
Maybe I'm too optimistic but I still believe we can do it.
han2503
Of course I won't lose faith that we could do it, becuase if I do not have faith, then why the hell am I watching the matches if we have no chance?

Realistically our chances are REALLY slim.

But I won't lose hope until the champions are declared.

Oh and happy Anniversary Carlo for 5 years with Milan,. Thanks for all the woderfull memories, the good and the bad.
Nova
Winning the scudetto will be very difficult. We cant afford to lose any more points.

But as Han said , if we dont believe in it , why are we even bothering the watch the games ? Well , I watch the games cause I still believe in it. And If we should win the scudetto , it would be the best one I ever witnessed . With a -8 point handicap , calciopoli scandal cursed transfer period AND inter losing it again ... biggrin.gif Oh boy oh boy oh boy ... biggrin.gif Would be something laugh.gif

Forza carlo , thank you for everything. May you stay with us Rossoneri for many years if not ... forever !! devilsmiley.gif

Forza Milan !!
mishie
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 4 2006, 06:24 PM)
We can win it.
So as Catania. Everything is possible...

Yeah, right. rolleyes.gif

some supporter you are!! mad.gif
of course it will be very difficult but we nearly turned over a 18 point deficit last season it came down to just 3 so if we have that sort of form again we can do it. bearing in mind i don't think the merda will have the same run as juve had last season so my belief is strong so FORZA MILAN & FORZA CARLO devil.gif
dst
I think it's possible but I don't agree with han ... I mean if we were in Serie B now, wouldn't we watch Milan's games ?? rolleyes.gif

I know very well that I would !!
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 5 2006, 02:43 PM)
I mean if we were in Serie B now, wouldn't we watch Milan's games ?? rolleyes.gif

I know very well that I would !!

I would too , because I would believe in promoting back to serie A.
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2006, 03:45 PM)
I would too , because I would believe in promoting back to serie A.

you know what I'm trying to say, we want to watch Milan cause that's the team we like not because we are always going for the scudetto.

Uus being here, watching Milan's game does not prove we still have a chance for the scudetto. Neither it proves the opposite ofcourse ...
Nova
QUOTE (dst @ Nov 5 2006, 02:48 PM)
you know what I'm trying to say, we want to watch Milan cause that's the team we like not because we are always going for the scudetto.

Uus being here, watching Milan's game does not prove we still have a chance for the scudetto. Neither it proves the opposite ofcourse ...

Us being here , does prove we still believe in it. Well I do.

Offcourse many of you have allready giving up hope.

But I would be a liar if i said I care.

Forza Milan !!
Portman
QUOTE (mishie @ Nov 5 2006, 01:40 PM)
some supporter you are!! mad.gif

Yeah. I know you're the #1 Milanista in the world. The example of a Milan supporter. rolleyes.gif

Oh, and I watch Milan matches not only when aiming the scudetto. I watch Milan matches 'cause I'm a Milan fan. Even if we were in Serie B, C1, etc.
Maybe some people are 'Glory-Hunters' but I'm not def' in that group.
Nova
I remember someone cheering whenever Zlatan would score . And even harder when he would score against Milan .

True example of a Milanfan devilsmiley.gif

huh.gif
mishie
maybe some of us can remember when we played in serie B
don't question my support i'm not the 1 always moaning and groaning every time i write something.
your constant whinging is tedious and now very predictable!! wink.gif
Portman
It seems that somebody needs a lawyer... cool.gif
mishie
QUOTE (Portugal @ Nov 5 2006, 02:07 PM)
It seems that somebody needs a lawyer...  cool.gif

it seems that somebody doesn't like the truth wink.gif
dst
QUOTE (Nova @ Nov 5 2006, 04:01 PM)
Us being here , does prove we still believe in it. Well I do.

Offcourse many of you have allready giving up hope.

But I would be a liar if i said I care.
Forza Milan !!

I will be here even if we are 14 points behind the leaders with 3 matches left !! What does that prove exactly !!? Mathematically we wouldn't be able to win it !! rolleyes.gif
shenvosky
f@ck u Ancelotti and f@ck Inzagh with u get the hell out from the team

did any body saw the f@cken game vs atlanta
Nova
QUOTE (shenvosky @ Nov 5 2006, 04:55 PM)

Why ancelotti ?
shenvosky
bcs he put Inzaghi in
Nova
QUOTE (shenvosky @ Nov 5 2006, 05:00 PM)
bcs he put Inzaghi in

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

You're right , fire him !! He put inzaghi in !!! biggrin.gif

C'mon dude , it was clear that this just wasnt our day , and we had those days quite often. There wasnt a tactic play that could save us today. If even kaka cant do his thing then its bad ...
dst
Exactly, we've had those days quite often ... rolleyes.gif
X-Offender
QUOTE (shenvosky @ Nov 5 2006, 04:55 PM)

rolleyes.gif

I don't understand why we keep blaming our whole squad for these losses. It's clear that's all they can afford to give. They're not robots, you know. If you need to blame someone then that's Gallaini, Braida and maybe even Silvio. This year they made a pathetic signing campaign. We don't have the players to win all the matches, is it so difficult to understand?
shenvosky
am sorry am angry from this lost . bcs all my friends with inter and rome and i hat that we r losing
arivanjj
QUOTE (shenvosky @ Nov 6 2006, 05:59 AM)
am sorry am angry from this lost . bcs all my friends with inter and rome and i hat that we r losing

well, you need to get some new friends. smile.gif
Rossoneri7
QUOTE (shenvosky @ Nov 5 2006, 10:59 PM)

Haha .. That's funny, man you should be happy for them .. When will they ever get a chance to win it, if not now, when Juve is in Serie B and Milan docked -8 from the start .. They should be happy ..

Cuz if Juve was here and we hadnt been deducted those points ... hooo boy, they'll be dreaming of 3 rd place devil.gif

Still there is time, thtere is 7 months to go ... Forza Milan !!!!!

Whether we win the scudetto, CL, both, or nothing at all ... FORZA MILAN
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.